2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Fun 2

Weapons information By Game files

Vicarious Mind

Which one is the best to shoot people out of cars with on the ground when people are trying to do drive bys or speeding by in Adders trying to grief you?

Advanced? Combat? Carbine or AP pistol?

That would mean that it makes it worse instead of better which doesn't make much sense.

Actually I think you may be right in thinking that you need to add/substract instead of multiplying, looking at the stats that makes more sense.

But in this case you would have to substract, so the grip substracts 1.1 from the 3.0, making it 1.9. I'm not entirely convinced that's how it works though, because that seems like a very big improvement, and it doesn't say -1.1.

Yes, I'm still trying to figure this out myself. It would help in making a deciding factor of the Advanced vs Carbine because the Carbine can equip a grip while the Advanced can't.

I've tried to do some wall shooting tests in single player and can't really see any difference.

I have thousands of kills with both on my main character literally. Probably around 2 thousand each and my accuracy is identical on both.

My accuracy on the Combat MG and Tommy guns are considerably less naturally of course. ;)

I changed my mind again, I do think modifier means you have to multiply. That means I have no clue why the stat for the grip says 1.1, and not 0.9. It should decrease the value for "AccuracySpread", not increase it.

Look at for instance the stat "NetworkHitLimbsDamageModifier" on the pistol. It has a value of 0.8. The damage value for the pistol is 26. I doubt hitting a limb rather than the torso would just take 0.8 off that 26, it would multiply the 26 by 0.8, making it 20.8 off the top of my head.

Yes I agree. I still don't understand exactly how the multiplier works for the Grip or Suppressor myself honestly.

That's why I ask if maybe someone here knows exactly how they work so I can get an idea of the negative or positive impact my gun will have when I add these attachments.

Kampioen

If it is at least true that the grip increases accuracy by 0.1 times the original (decreasing the AccuracySpread value), then the Adanced Rifle is still more accurate than the Carbine, with an AccuracySpread value of 2.5 vs 2.7.

Edited by CenMan

Vicarious Mind

If it is at least true that the grip increases accuracy by 0.1 times the original (decreasing the AccuracySpread value), then the Adanced Rifle is still more accurate than the Carbine, with an AccuracySpread value of 2.5 vs 2.7.

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking but I wanted to see if anyone can verify this or if anyone else thought it worked like this as well.

If this is true then it kinda negates the HUD values entirely making the Carbine obsolete after the Advanced.

Kampioen

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking but I wanted to see if anyone can verify this or if anyone else thought it worked like this as well.

If this is true then it kinda negates the HUD values entirely making the Carbine obsolete after the Advanced.

Hmm I had never noticed that the carbine has better accuracy in the HUD values. Looks like a mistake because the real accuracy values clearly show that Advanced Rifle has better accuracy.

Vicarious Mind

Oh yea, especially when you add a grip to the Carbine and compare the HUD values of both rifles the Carbine is clearly MUCH more accurate from the HUD files which I find strange honestly.

If you're in a game just go to Ammunation and look at the HUD values or just take it from the stats on here.

Honestly for me, they feel identical in accuracy.

On my second character, my Carbine does have 1% more accuracy than the Advanced but I only have about 700 kills with each on my second character. I also free aim a lot so my accuracy isn't as great as someone who always plays in assisted aim lobbys.

I'm the kinda guy who likes to have the most accurate gun in any game I'm playing. Unless if its a MG of course. ;)

Rashers-

[email protected] saying they can't understand the code haha.

Never mind those people, I just have page full of white images. I can see that image with the tables though :)

Vicarious Mind

[email protected] saying they can't understand the code haha.

Never mind those people, I just have page full of white images. I can see that image with the tables though :)

Yea when I try to view the tables or images on my phone they come up on white for some reason. I have to use Chrome on my computer to actually see it.

Kampioen

I think the HUD stats are just wrong, and the 1.1 modifier does mean what I suspected. It would explain why they feel identical to you with he grip, because they almost are. The HUD stats for the cars are all messed up too.

And I'm the same way with my guns. If I miss I can't blame it on the gun, and not even on that 0.2 difference if I'm using the Advanced Rifle.

Vicarious Mind

If your theory is correct then, that would make 2.7 for Carbine with Grip and 2.5 for Advanced making the HUD way off of what it should be.

Honestly, I can't tell the difference in accuracy between both even though the HUD values says otherwise.

Such as with the AK47 (Assault Rifle), I can notice a huge difference between that and the Carbine in terms of accuracy and how long it takes to actually kill someone. I've been working on it to try and get camos with it and my accuracy is a good 6% less than my Carbine.

Do you know what the damage values would be with a Suppressor attached?

Thats a big thing for me is the Suppressor and damage.

Advanced does 34 damage making it a 3 hit kill.

Carbine does 32 damage making it a 4 hit kill.

This is huge to me. But how much does the Suppressor take away from that and at range?

Kampioen

That has been puzzeling me as well. It says 1.0, so that would indicate no change. I wouldn't be surprised if the supressor didn't take away from damage at all, and they just tell you it does.

Vicarious Mind

That has been puzzeling me as well. It says 1.0, so that would indicate no change. I wouldn't be surprised if the supressor didn't take away from damage at all, and they just tell you it does.

I can notice a difference with it off.

Maybe its just me? The Carbine and most guns like Shotguns feel much weaker with Suppressors.

I even tested it in invite only sessions with friends and it took more shots with the suppressor and the lock on range was definitely effected.

I wish I knew exactly how the suppressors worked honestly.

Kampioen

Maybe its just me? The Carbine and most guns like Shotguns feel much weaker with Suppressors.

I even tested it in invite only sessions with friends and it took more shots with the suppressor and the lock on range was definitely effected.

I've never done any comparisons so I'll just take your word for that. In that case I have no idea how this works. I doubt anyone is going to come along and know the answer because that 1.0 modifier value just makes no sense.

Vicarious Mind

I've never done any comparisons so I'll just take your word for that. In that case I have no idea how this works. I doubt anyone is going to come along and know the answer because that 1.0 modifier value just makes no sense.

Hmmm, yea exactly. Unless if someone makes a YouTube comparison video showing you both and the damage the other person is taking. I know the lock on range is effected.

I would make a video but I don't have a capture card, if anyone has a capture card and would like to make a video that would be nice as well.

If you're interested in testing it out on Xbox or if anyone is interested in testing it on Xbox let me know.

I can't give you a definitive answer, just from my experiences honestly.

Kampioen

Hmmm, yea exactly. Unless if someone makes a YouTube comparison video showing you both and the damage the other person is taking. I know the lock on range is effected.

I would make a video but I don't have a capture card, if anyone has a capture card and would like to make a video that would be nice as well.

If you're interested in testing it out on Xbox or if anyone is interested in testing it on Xbox let me know.

I can't give you a definitive answer, just from my experiences honestly.

I'm on PS3 but if you ever get around to testing it I would love to see the results.

Vicarious Mind

Yea, if someone on here has a capture card or is willing to test it with me on Xbox that would be great.

Or if you can find someone on PS3 that is willing to test it with you.

I don't think you need a capture card on PS3 to record videos. I'm not sure though. I'm interested in doing some more thorough testing of this myself.

Because if it really has no effect on anything then you should use it of course.

Kampioen

I'll try next time I play with a friend. If it has no effect I still won't use it on every gun though. My shotguns and gold AK47 must remain loud.

Edited by CenMan

Vicarious Mind

Same here I have a gold ak47 as well lol

Fun 2

Updated with Business Pack weapons .

vic.mgs

Soooooo....... Basically Heavy Carbine and Carbine have the exact same damage, range, and rate of fire according to game files? LOL and everyone's praising the Special Carbine for being better.

Fun 2

Soooooo....... Basically Heavy Carbine and Carbine have the exact same damage, range, and rate of fire according to game files? LOL and everyone's praising the Special Carbine for being better.

xDD Special Carbine = Carbine Rifle .

Kampioen

Really annoying and misleading how the in-game stats shown in the bars are complete and utter bullsh*t. How can they f*ck up something so simple? Same with cars.

Edited by CenMan

vic.mgs

Seriously, they can just make the in-game stats line up with the system stats. How hard is that?

Vicarious Mind

I noticed this as well.

Is there any reason to use it over the advanced rifle if unlocked?

Zondar

^^not that I can see.

I'm sticking with my Advanced. I suppose why would they bring a gun out that everyone could use that's better than one you don't unlock til level 70?

Kampioen

^^not that I can see.

I'm sticking with my Advanced. I suppose why would they bring a gun out that everyone could use that's better than one you don't unlock til level 70?

IMO the new weapons should be available at a suitable rank rather than from the start. I know some people will say that it gives the lower level players a chance, but by that logic the whole system of unlocking things through levels becomes useless. I liked the fact that I gradually got better weapons and I think that's how it should be.

Zondar

^^not that I can see.

IMO the new weapons should be available at a suitable rank rather than from the start. I know some people will say that it gives the lower level players a chance, but by that logic the whole system of unlocking things through levels becomes useless. I liked the fact that I gradually got better weapons and I think that's how it should be.

Yep, I remember unlocking the AK and thinking I was a baaaad muthaf*cka.

Didn't take long for me to get my ass kicked off a few carbine toting higher levels though... :D

Edited by KnobCheez

Kampioen

^^not that I can see.

Yep, I remember unlocking the AK and thinking I was a baaaad muthaf*cka.

Didn't take long for me to get my ass kicked off a few carbine toting higher levels though... :D

Exactly, unlocking the AK, the carbine rifle and all SMG's except the first one is useless now.

JaysonVoorhees

So the Assault SMG only deals 3 damage according to that table?

Oh and all the SMGs bar the Uzi have the fire rate of the sawn off?

Edited by JaysonVoorhees

Kampioen

Maybe it has something to do with the reload time. Because you have to "pump" the gun after each shot.

Fun 2

in update 1.11 :

<Item><!-- WEAPON_ASSAULTSMG --><HeadShotDamageModifierPlayer value="18.000000" /></Item>