2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Fun 2

Weapons information By Game files

ConGamePro

Thanks for clarifying and updating this.

I thought it was code to hack the weapons at first glance.

Cool stuff.

RAS_ZeroZ

I'm glad all of these weapon values were posted. Thank you for this!

Fun 2

do we care about this code? we knew every thing already.

Yeap we've known this for quite some time now (didn't you post something like this a few weeks ago?) , but I'm curious if other weapons are hiding somewhere... seems not

yes, this guy has good posts also he found all the heists info so far I mean in terms of this post those values don't mean anything to us if things do get changed then there is point to the thread but as of now it is pointless. it is just a bunch of code which if he waited till there was a change like what happened with the jets speed no one posted the speed before but they knew it themselves then one poster showed us the comparison once the change was made.

There is nothing we can do to change it.

(one major fact here is these are single player files.)

just to clarify the stun gun gave it all away. the rockstar cloud files have the newest versions of the weapons files.

unless he took these files from the update file then its not 100% accurate as most things change in any online game. with the fact the stung gun is not online and also not in the online files it is clear these are single player files.

cloud files has nothing to do with weapons and vehicles

its for tunables , news , store ( cash packs ..etc ) , missions !

but changes for weapons and vehicles located in update

example for changes in vehicles :

<Patch>  <Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/65/coverBoundOffsets">DUNE2_COVER_OFFSET_INFO</Item>  <Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/111/coverBoundOffsets">MESA3_COVER_OFFSET_INFO</Item>  <Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/115/coverBoundOffsets">MIXER2_COVER_OFFSET_INFO</Item>  <Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/120/vehicleClass">VC_COUPE</Item>  <Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/121/vehicleClass">VC_COUPE</Item>  <Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/139/vehicleClass">VC_COMPACT</Item>  <Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/153/coverBoundOffsets">TOURBUS_COVER_OFFSET_INFO</Item>  <Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/177/coverBoundOffsets">SHERIFF2_COVER_OFFSET_INFO</Item>  <Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/171/vehicleClass">VC_COUPE</Item>  <Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/172/vehicleClass">VC_COUPE</Item>  <Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/187/vehicleClass">VC_SEDAN</Item>  <Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/211/coverBoundOffsets">UTILITRUCK2_COVER_OFFSET_INFO</Item>  <Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/227/coverBoundOffsets">POLICEB_COVER_OFFSET_INFO</Item>	<Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/14/flags">FLAG_IS_ELECTRIC FLAG_DONT_SPAWN_IN_CARGEN FLAG_INCREASE_PED_COMMENTS FLAG_DONT_SPAWN_AS_AMBIENT FLAG_PEDS_INSIDE_CAN_BE_SET_ON_FIRE_MP</Item>	<Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/52/flags">FLAG_IS_ELECTRIC FLAG_INCREASE_PED_COMMENTS FLAG_HAS_NO_ROOF FLAG_PEDS_INSIDE_CAN_BE_SET_ON_FIRE_MP</Item>	<Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/53/flags">FLAG_IS_ELECTRIC FLAG_INCREASE_PED_COMMENTS FLAG_HAS_NO_ROOF FLAG_PEDS_INSIDE_CAN_BE_SET_ON_FIRE_MP</Item>	<Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/117/flags">FLAG_EXTRAS_REQUIRE FLAG_EXTRAS_STRONG FLAG_INCREASE_PED_COMMENTS FLAG_PEDS_INSIDE_CAN_BE_SET_ON_FIRE_MP</Item>	<Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/196/flags">FLAG_EXTRAS_REQUIRE FLAG_EXTRAS_STRONG FLAG_EXTRAS_SCRIPT FLAG_DONT_SPAWN_IN_CARGEN FLAG_IS_OFFROAD_VEHICLE FLAG_INCREASE_PED_COMMENTS FLAG_IS_BULKY FLAG_HAS_NO_ROOF FLAG_PEDS_INSIDE_CAN_BE_SET_ON_FIRE_MP</Item>	<Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/35/flags">FLAG_EXTRAS_SCRIPT FLAG_AVERAGE_CAR FLAG_POOR_CAR FLAG_IS_OFFROAD_VEHICLE FLAG_IS_BULKY FLAG_USE_STEERING_PARAM_FOR_LEAN FLAG_HAS_NO_ROOF FLAG_PEDS_INSIDE_CAN_BE_SET_ON_FIRE_MP</Item>	<Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/64/flags">FLAG_NO_BOOT FLAG_AVERAGE_CAR FLAG_POOR_CAR FLAG_IS_OFFROAD_VEHICLE FLAG_DONT_TIMESLICE_WHEELS FLAG_PEDS_INSIDE_CAN_BE_SET_ON_FIRE_MP</Item>	<Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/65/flags">FLAG_NO_BOOT FLAG_AVERAGE_CAR FLAG_POOR_CAR FLAG_IS_OFFROAD_VEHICLE FLAG_PEDS_INSIDE_CAN_BE_SET_ON_FIRE_MP</Item></Patch>

first code :

<Item verb="PUT" uri="InitDatas/65/coverBoundOffsets">DUNE2_COVER_OFFSET_INFO</Item>

is to change space docker cover offset .

before :

<coverBoundOffsets>DUNE_COVER_OFFSET_INFO</coverBoundOffsets>

after update :

<coverBoundOffsets>DUNE2_COVER_OFFSET_INFO</coverBoundOffsets>

and weapons :

<Item><!-- WEAPON_ASSAULTSHOTGUN --><ClipSize value="8" /></Item>

before :

<ClipSize value="14" />

after :

<ClipSize value="8" />
Edited by funmw2

Ecstasyisfun

is there a way to check what a grip, scope and suppressor do to a weapons stats? also what is a lv 100+ players health?

as for the time for each shot stat, if you test the carbine vs the advanced rifle ingame and empty them whilst timing them they are virtually identical in time(within 1 or 2 hundredths of a second) however the game stats say the adv rifle should empty almost a second quicker which it just doesnt once you try it for yourself which is interesting.

Zondar

I was wondering too what difference mods make to guns.

IIRC a carbine and combat MG get a grip and a scope, but an advanced only can only get a scope?

Fun 2

I was wondering too what difference mods make to guns.

IIRC a carbine and combat MG get a grip and a scope, but an advanced only can only get a scope?

is there a way to check what a grip, scope and suppressor do to a weapons stats? also what is a lv 100+ players health?

as for the time for each shot stat, if you test the carbine vs the advanced rifle ingame and empty them whilst timing them they are virtually identical in time(within 1 or 2 hundredths of a second) however the game stats say the adv rifle should empty almost a second quicker which it just doesnt once you try it for yourself which is interesting.

Grip :

<AccuracyModifier type="CWeaponAccuracyModifier"><AccuracyModifier value="1.100000" /></AccuracyModifier><HudDamage value="0" /><HudSpeed value="0" /><HudCapacity value="0" /><HudAccuracy value="5" /> ( increase accuracy for weapon +5 )<HudRange value="0" />

Scope :

<HudDamage value="0" /><HudSpeed value="0" /><HudCapacity value="0" /><HudAccuracy value="5" /><HudRange value="0" /><RecoilShakeAmplitude value="0.280000" />

Max Scope :

<HudDamage value="0" /><HudSpeed value="0" /><HudCapacity value="0" /><HudAccuracy value="10" /><HudRange value="0" /><RecoilShakeAmplitude value="0.280000" />

Suppressor :

<DamageModifier type="CWeaponDamageModifier">  <DamageModifier value="1.000000" /></DamageModifier><HudDamage value="-5" /><HudSpeed value="0" /><HudCapacity value="0" /><HudAccuracy value="0" /><HudRange value="-5" />
Edited by funmw2

mo-seph

@fun,

do you ahve the same deets for vehicles and mods too?? id defo be interested in that although its a much bigger project lol

some good info on here though, interesting that the Sniper and HEavy sniper have the same range...

anyone know what the 1500.000 value converts to in game, i.e 1 mile... 2 miles... obv draw distance is an issue but a few peeps wondered if the sniper could fire across the full map.. knowing what the 1500 is would help :)

Ankarstrom

Any info on the Gusenberg Sweeper (Tommy gun)? Other weapon stats changes in 1.10?

AWEMYGOD

I don't understand anything of this.

Can somebody translate it into normal English?

It means you can load up GTA and fire guns. You might have noticed it before. :lol:

Edited by AWEMYGOD

Fun 2

Any info on the Gusenberg Sweeper (Tommy gun)? Other weapon stats changes in 1.10?

<ClipSize value="30" /><AccuracySpread value="5.000000" /><AccurateModeAccuracyModifier value="0.500000" /><RunAndGunAccuracyModifier value="2.000000" /><RunAndGunAccuracyMaxModifier value="1.000000" /><RecoilAccuracyMax value="0.500000" /><HeadShotDamageModifierPlayer value="18.000000" /><Damage value="34.000000" /><NetworkHitLimbsDamageModifier value="0.800000" /><LightlyArmouredDamageModifier value="0.750000" /><Force value="75.000000" /><ForceHitPed value="150.000000" /><ForceHitVehicle value="2000.000000" /><ForceHitFlyingHeli value="2250.000000" /><TimeBetweenShots value="0.108000" /><TimeLeftBetweenShotsWhereShouldFireIsCached value="-1.000000" /><VehicleReloadTime value="1.000000" /><NetworkHeadShotPlayerDamageModifier value="1.700000" /><LockOnRange value="50.000000" /><WeaponRange value="120.000000" /><HudDamage value="34" /><HudSpeed value="65" /><HudCapacity value="40" /><HudAccuracy value="38" /><HudRange value="56" /><Name>DLC - Gusenberg Chopper</Name>

BrownMattHall

<ClipSize value="30" /><AccuracySpread value="5.000000" /><AccurateModeAccuracyModifier value="0.500000" /><RunAndGunAccuracyModifier value="2.000000" /><RunAndGunAccuracyMaxModifier value="1.000000" /><RecoilAccuracyMax value="0.500000" /><HeadShotDamageModifierPlayer value="18.000000" /><Damage value="34.000000" /><NetworkHitLimbsDamageModifier value="0.800000" /><LightlyArmouredDamageModifier value="0.750000" /><Force value="75.000000" /><ForceHitPed value="150.000000" /><ForceHitVehicle value="2000.000000" /><ForceHitFlyingHeli value="2250.000000" /><TimeBetweenShots value="0.108000" /><TimeLeftBetweenShotsWhereShouldFireIsCached value="-1.000000" /><VehicleReloadTime value="1.000000" /><NetworkHeadShotPlayerDamageModifier value="1.700000" /><LockOnRange value="50.000000" /><WeaponRange value="120.000000" /><HudDamage value="34" /><HudSpeed value="65" /><HudCapacity value="40" /><HudAccuracy value="38" /><HudRange value="56" /><Name>DLC - Gusenberg Chopper</Name>

any way of knowing if it'll be free tomorrow?

Vicarious Mind

So there's no grip for the advanced does it really make a difference?

Ankarstrom

Thanks, I added it to my sheet:

QIITgHz.png

Looks like the Combat MG got some proper competition. I guess the clip size is its major advantage, at least for close/mid-range targets.

Ecstasyisfun

why is the hudaccuracy of the carbine 55 yet spread is 3.0 when the advanced rifle has 50 accuracy but 2.5 spread?

NudasPriest

f*ckin' (OP)AP Pistol could use a bit more recoil or something, I mean shooting a full-auto without a stock, it's a tough thing to control, especially a f*cking machine pistol.

Vicarious Mind

That Tommy Gun is extremely powerful. I'm happy that low levels now have something to defend themselves with.

Hell, even I have all the weapons and I prefer using it. It's a beast. :)

Also how is the Micro Uzi more accurate? I hate that gun, I'm about to unlock the LSPD for it and its been tough, can't wait to get it done so I can use the AP pistol for drive bys again. (No I don't use a Entity or a griefing car for drive bys).

Another thing I noticed in game and in the stats.

The Carbine can equip a grip and the Advanced can NOT equip a grip. Does this make a huge difference in accuracy? Maybe this brings the spread up better than the Advanced when equipped? Anyone test this.

Vicarious Mind

why is the hudaccuracy of the carbine 55 yet spread is 3.0 when the advanced rifle has 50 accuracy but 2.5 spread?

Hud Accuracy is what the game shows in the store, its not the actual real accuracy of the gun.

The spread is the actual real accuracy of the gun.

so I guess stock for stock with no attachments the Advanced is more accurate. Not sure how much Grip or Scope effect it though.

Fun 2

Hud Accuracy is what the game shows in the store, its not the actual real accuracy of the gun.

so I guess stock for stock with no attachments the Advanced is more accurate. Not sure how much Grip or Scope effect it though.

if Carbine spread is :

<AccuracySpread value="3.000000" />

then with Grip :

<AccuracyModifier type="CWeaponAccuracyModifier"><AccuracyModifier value="1.100000" /></AccuracyModifier>

result :

<AccuracySpread value="4.100000" />

noemnrut

2 questions.

From what I experienced, the lock-on range of two MGs is definitely higher then Rifles' and Pistols', but it shows that they are all 65.

Are there any data shows the free-aim range and free-aim accuracy? SMGs' range should be much lower than Rifles' in free aim. Snipers in free-aim should have super lower accuracy or range. (I mean you press R2 slightly but not to the end, then you can run and aim using sniper)

Edited by noemnrut

Ecstasyisfun

if Carbine spread is :

then with Grip :

<AccuracyModifier type="CWeaponAccuracyModifier"><AccuracyModifier value="1.100000" /></AccuracyModifier>

result :

perhaps the scope should be factored into this also + Are you sure this is how the grip interacts with spread? i doubt it would increase the spread value to 4.1 from 3

Desu Nei

... What about melee weapons (Fists, Nightstick, Baseball Bat, etc.)?

Vicarious Mind

How much of a reduction to range and damage does the Suppressor have?

Also any update to how much improvement the Carbine and Combat MG have with Scope and Grips? I'd really like to know that information as you can't equip a grip on the Advanced so maybe that gives a Advantage over it with the Carbine?

Dottie

unrealistic nonsense is all I see

Kampioen

if Carbine spread is :

then with Grip :

result :

No, it would be 3.3.

3.0 x 1.1 = 3.3

But I don't think that's how it works because I think smaller AccuracySpread value means more accurate weapon.

Maybe it would be 2.7 then but I'm not sure why it would say 1.1 and not 0.9.

Edited by CenMan

Vicarious Mind

That would mean that it makes it worse instead of better which doesn't make much sense.

Kampioen

That would mean that it makes it worse instead of better which doesn't make much sense.

Actually I think you may be right in thinking that you need to add/substract instead of multiplying, looking at the stats that makes more sense.

But in this case you would have to substract, so the grip substracts 1.1 from the 3.0, making it 1.9. I'm not entirely convinced that's how it works though, because that seems like a very big improvement, and it doesn't say -1.1.

Edited by CenMan

Vicarious Mind

Which one is the best to shoot people out of cars with on the ground when people are trying to do drive bys or speeding by in Adders trying to grief you?

Advanced? Combat? Carbine or AP pistol?

Actually I think you may be right in thinking that you need to add/substract instead of multiplying, looking at the stats that makes more sense.

But in this case you would have to substract, so the grip substracts 1.1 from the 3.0, making it 1.9. I'm not entirely convinced that's how it works though, because that seems like a very big improvement, and it doesn't say -1.1.

Yes, I'm still trying to figure this out myself. It would help in making a deciding factor of the Advanced vs Carbine because the Carbine can equip a grip while the Advanced can't.

I've tried to do some wall shooting tests in single player and can't really see any difference.

I have thousands of kills with both on my main character literally. Probably around 2 thousand each and my accuracy is identical on both.

My accuracy on the Combat MG and Tommy guns are considerably less naturally of course. ;)

BoltActionAUT

Which one is the best to shoot people out of cars with on the ground when people are trying to do drive bys or speeding by in Adders trying to grief you?

RPG

Vicarious Mind

I don't like paying 12.5k for a Adder everytime some random in a lobby tries to grief me in it. Happens quite often actually.

Kampioen

Yes, I'm still trying to figure this out myself. It would help in making a deciding factor of the Advanced vs Carbine because the Carbine can equip a grip while the Advanced can't.

I've tried to do some wall shooting tests in single player and can't really see any difference.

I have thousands of kills with both on my main character literally. Probably around 2 thousand each and my accuracy is identical on both.

My accuracy on the Combat MG and Tommy guns are considerably less naturally of course. ;)

I changed my mind again, I do think modifier means you have to multiply. That means I have no clue why the stat for the grip says 1.1, and not 0.9. It should decrease the value for "AccuracySpread", not increase it.

Look at for instance the stat "NetworkHitLimbsDamageModifier" on the pistol. It has a value of 0.8. The damage value for the pistol is 26. I doubt hitting a limb rather than the torso would just take 0.8 off that 26, it would multiply the 26 by 0.8, making it 20.8 off the top of my head.

Edited by CenMan