Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,031 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Comstock DeWitt

Remove GFWL from GTA 4 and EFLC petition.

Question

uncredited

I did not know that; thank you! But still, you have to admit Steam us not as great as it looks. I really prefer the RGSC system that works well with MP3. Furthermore, R* would not depend on another platform like GFWL.

Well I don't think we specifically want Steamworks integration. We just want GFWL to be removed, and RGSC to be used instead, like in, you said, MP3.

Btw, why don't you think Steam is as great as it looks?

Well, even though I have a great internet connection, updates generally takes much more time to be downloaded with Steam. Also, I would like my R* games to be listed only on the Social Club.

nopenope2

I did not know that; thank you! But still, you have to admit Steam us not as great as it looks. I really prefer the RGSC system that works well with MP3. Furthermore, R* would not depend on another platform like GFWL.

Well I don't think we specifically want Steamworks integration. We just want GFWL to be removed, and RGSC to be used instead, like in, you said, MP3.

Btw, why don't you think Steam is as great as it looks?

Well, even though I have a great internet connection, updates generally takes much more time to be downloaded with Steam. Also, I would like my R* games to be listed only on the Social Club.

Did you set your local area on your Steam download settings?

j0ffline

I have offical GTA IV (PC) but my stupid Games for Windows Live account can't connect Live. I can't play GTA IV - Multiplayer since 3 months. I opened ticket. Still no answer.

nopenope2

I have offical GTA IV (PC) but my stupid Games for Windows Live account can't connect Live. I can't play GTA IV - Multiplayer since 3 months. I opened ticket. Still no answer.

Sign the petition. It takes a while for them to answer.

B Dawg

MrEWhite

Is this thing even still active .-.

SlaveZer0

do you think rockstar cares about a 5 yr old game? they are working on GTA V for pc and next gen consoles,,, they are not going to be wasting the time it would take to mod the game to work online elsewhere. so think what you like, but your requests make no sense, especially business sense.

MisterFR3SH

I signed the petition but I am not really bothered if multiplayer for GTA IV will still be around or not (Still happy that GfWL is shutting down). I know this will replace GTA 4's buggy multiplayer - http://www.multiv-mod.com/ , it will allow people to run their own servers, which is nice.

Edited by MisterFR3SH

nopenope2

Is this thing even still active .-.

Yes.

do you think rockstar cares about a 5 yr old game? they are working on GTA V for pc and next gen consoles,,, they are not going to be wasting the time it would take to mod the game to work online elsewhere. so think what you like, but your requests make no sense, especially business sense.

Proof of the PC version? I don't see it coming any time soon.

I think it does. A lot of people play this game still.

I signed the petition but I am not really bothered if multiplayer for GTA IV will still be around or not (Still happy that GfWL is shutting down). I know this will replace GTA 4's buggy multiplayer - http://www.multiv-mod.com/ , it will allow people to run their own servers, which is nice.

Nobody plays on that mod, though. And what is buggy about the original MP?

Vercetti42

I know we aren't allowed to discuss piracy here but I suppose a little bit of discussion (without linking anything) wouldn't hurt. :)

Pirated copies do not require GFWL right? So people will pirated copies will still be able to save and play IV even when the service shuts down?

unc13bud

i haven't used steam in a year or so, when my portal 2 install wanted me to connect to the internet to validate after not playing it for a while (computer hadn't been used in months either). the steam update kept failing, went to steam forums and steam technical support was just being lazy idiots "yes, we know its a problem - too bad"

nopenope2

I know we aren't allowed to discuss piracy here but I suppose a little bit of discussion (without linking anything) wouldn't hurt. :)

Pirated copies do not require GFWL right? So people will pirated copies will still be able to save and play IV even when the service shuts down?

I don't know. I don't pirate.

i haven't used steam in a year or so, when my portal 2 install wanted me to connect to the internet to validate after not playing it for a while (computer hadn't been used in months either). the steam update kept failing, went to steam forums and steam technical support was just being lazy idiots "yes, we know its a problem - too bad"

Ok.

B Dawg

Has anyone in the modding community tried to emulate R* servers and Multiplayer like some people did with Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3?

Better than making things from scratch.

nopenope2

Has anyone in the modding community tried to emulate R* servers and Multiplayer like some people did with Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3?

Better than making things from scratch.

There's that mod up above.

B Dawg

I ment multiplayer identical to the one made by R* (enter through phone, same game modes, free mode with traffic, pedestrians, weapon pickups all over the map and stuff) but without the GFWL bullsh*t.

lol232

I ment multiplayer identical to the one made by R* (enter through phone, same game modes, free mode with traffic, pedestrians, weapon pickups all over the map and stuff) but without the GFWL bullsh*t.

GfWL isn't that bad, I've never had a single issue with it, except for one time when I couldn't connect on a R* Livestream, but the all the MS servers, along with XBOX LIVE didn't work then.

That MP mod though, is horrible, I prefer the actual MP much more.

nopenope2

I doubt it.