Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,741 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Jak1259

3rd-5th character slot

Jak1259

Has anyone heard anything about those abd why they arent open

Smartpride

To make character slot being stable to save, rockstar locked the other character slot to prevent further proplems about the characters. Currently R* has receive little to no reports about loss of progress, R* will add the 3rd character slot in near future updates.

Edited by Smartpride

Jak1259

Ok thx

Malibu454

I though they were for Franklin, Mike and Trevor?

and maybe they changed the way to go from SP to Online.

Did you here that from R*??

gtaocicat

i dont think i want to go through leveling up anymore characters . 2 times is enough

I<3SonOfLiberty

To make character slot being stable to save, rockstar locked the other character slot to prevent further proplems about the characters. Currently R* has receive little to no reports about loss of progress, R* will add the 3rd character slot in near future updates.

they have always been locked since day one, where did you read that about save bullsh*t? are you just making sh*t up

Smartpride

they have always been locked since day one, where did you read that about save bullsh*t? are you just making sh*t up

Before gta online was launched, rockstar predicts there will be problems with it, and since 3-5 slot are not needed in a hurry, rockstar don't have any intentions to open any further slots. Answering your last question, there was a problem with character 1(and or 2) then why bother open further slots? More problems build up when more characters were created right? It's logic.

Malibu454

Or it could just be 3 slots for the other 3 characters in the game already ...

Edited by Malibu454

gtaocicat

i dont care if they ever open the other three slots to be honest

Malibu454

^^ don't you sleep..;)

iainspad

Or it could just be 3 slots for the other 3 characters in the game already ...

No; it makes no sense for Trevor to come across Trevor, let alone see a bunch of Franklins, Michaels and Trevors running around the city.

It's a funny thought in my head though.

Malibu454

I meant it would've taken you to SP like the character wheel.

But the wheel makes it much faster and easier.

MrCamo

My guess:

They want us to pay for the 3 slots

I<3SonOfLiberty

Before gta online was launched, rockstar predicts there will be problems with it, and since 3-5 slot are not needed in a hurry, rockstar don't have any intentions to open any further slots. Answering your last question, there was a problem with character 1(and or 2) then why bother open further slots? More problems build up when more characters were created right? It's logic.

Link me to one article where Rockstar have officially said that what your stating is the reason why the (unnecessary) character 3 - 5 slots are unavailable

And since they have fixed the problem to character slots 1 and 2 why would they keep 3 - 5 locked, if they fixed the characters creation sh*t your talking about how would it cause problems?

your full of sh*t just admit it and vanish from the forums

Edited by LayzieLoc

s1ckmad3

maybe you are making sh*t up and not contributing at all wanna be og tiny pixel gangster

lazieloc doesnt like being owned by such response he realizes he got owned but he is to arrogant to admit

Edited by s1ckmad3

Smartpride

Link me to one article where Rockstar have officially said that what your stating is the reason why the (unnecessary) character 3 - 5 slots are unavailable

And since they have fixed the problem to character slots 1 and 2 why would they keep 3 - 5 locked, if they fixed the characters creation sh*t your talking about how would it cause problems?

your full of sh*t just admit it and vanish from the forums

So do you need 5 slots? You know how hard is to level 1 character to 100? Do I have to bookmark everything I read? Do you have to read every mail and remember all those "small details"?

SomeRandomDave

I like pepperoni pizza.

gtaocicat

I like pepperoni pizza.

i like meatlovers pizza

LuapYllier

None of the above comments offer a bit of fact. No one knows. We have been told absolutely nothing about the remaining slots.

That being said, we do know that they plan for several years of updates and furure DLC. It is likely that when a new DLC comes that is large enough to ask us to pay for it. It will also include a new slot to play it through.

My opinion is that all the police cars and uniforms etc are being kept from the criminals garages because one of these DLCs will be to let you play as a cop. A whole new set of missions would have to come with that. Good reason to let the players keep themselves entertained making their own content no?

gtaocicat

None of the above comments offer a bit of fact. No one knows. We have been told absolutely nothing about the remaining slots.

That being said, we do know that they plan for several years of updates and furure DLC. It is likely that when a new DLC comes that is large enough to ask us to pay for it. It will also include a new slot to play it through.

My opinion is that all the police cars and uniforms etc are being kept from the criminals garages because one of these DLCs will be to let you play as a cop. A whole new set of missions would have to come with that. Good reason to let the players keep themselves entertained making their own content no?

only thing i can think of in regards to the other slots is you can use multiple characters at the same time for heists and missions in the future. other than that i dont see why you couldnt use your first two chracters in the other dlcs .

LuapYllier

Well in my example it would be a completely new line of missions and jobs on the map...like a different faction...they would maybe allow you to have 2 cops 2 crims...there are an awful lot of design decisions that they have made that favor something like this.

gtaocicat

Well in my example it would be a completely new line of missions and jobs on the map...like a different faction...they would maybe allow you to have 2 cops 2 crims...there are an awful lot of design decisions that they have made that favor something like this.

eh why not just have your main character change into cop uniform to do that line of missions?

LuapYllier

Because that would not make us grind all new characters from level 0 and play for months longer. Your looking at it from player view...not business view. More playtime = more chance someone buys a cashcard.

gtaocicat

Because that would not make us grind all new characters from level 0 and play for months longer. Your looking at it from player view...not business view. More playtime = more chance someone buys a cashcard.

its not good for business to make people grind over and over especially when they made it harder to grind. who in their right mind would grind 1 to 3 times more after they did it twice?! heck i am not even finished with my first character yet and just started my second .

LuapYllier

I get the feeling your fighting this simply because of the exchange in the other thread. Thats fine. But I assure you if they open up a new slot with all completely new mission lines, no access to the criminal missions, and instead gave you different places to live, access to own and insure all police vehicles and clothing and the only way to play it was to start over...there would be hundreds of thousands of takers...instantly.

Oh and the other character slots are already there for all to see...you really think they are going to give you three completely leveled characters? No.

Staten

My guess:

3rd: Cop

4th: The Lost

5th: Vagos (or maybe the Professionals)

Maybe there'll be an extended version of Mafya Work from IV, except all three factions are trying to stop the others.

SomeRandomDave

I have a feeling they're going to put the other character slots behind a pay wall like many other games do...

gtaocicat

I get the feeling your fighting this simply because of the exchange in the other thread. Thats fine. But I assure you if they open up a new slot with all completely new mission lines, no access to the criminal missions, and instead gave you different places to live, access to own and insure all police vehicles and clothing and the only way to play it was to start over...there would be hundreds of thousands of takers...instantly.

Oh and the other character slots are already there for all to see...you really think they are going to give you three completely leveled characters? No.

again who would want to pay to level more characters from scratch again ? and then what happens to your first two chracters? no new missions nothing? months of work for nothing? makes no sense .

Staten

again who would want to pay to level more characters from scratch again ? and then what happens to your first two chracters? no new missions nothing? months of work for nothing? makes no sense .

"Work"? It's a game. If you've been playing this game but thinking it's "work", then you have been wasting your time.

gtaocicat

I have a feeling they're going to put the other character slots behind a pay wall like many other games do...

if you mean like pay to unlock them? if thats the case not many people will do that

"Work"? It's a game. If you've been playing this game but thinking it's "work", then you have been wasting your time.

not everyone has the time to grind characters over and over again . and not everyone is going to want to pay for that again either