2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

[PS4] Mature Gamers

Pb76

I'm more than happy to go with the consensus and have already sent a crew request via the social club. Of course They's no way I can be on 21:30 central time. My schedule puts me on at roughly 00:00/00:30 hrs central time. Infact the times you mention seem to be a bit of a no no but I'll see what gives.

Have to say I do have an issue with the whole kicking for not playing on a regular basis. That is a concern. I wouldn't have had that stipulation. I certainly think it's heavy handed. If I'm there it's because I choose to be there not because I might be kicked for not being there. Save the whole kicking thing for more serious transgressions though I'm sure that won't be a problem with the people here.

One thing though if I can't be there for whatever reason I won't be requesting dispensation for a so called leave of absence. If that ever happens then you'll just have to kick me. My real life is personal and anything pertaining to it affecting my availability or possible absence is and never will be up for discussion.

Apart from that little divergence I'm fine with everything else.

I've only really played with Guy and pb from this thread so they know how I am/what I'm like As for the others I'm not sure if we've had any encounters or not though I do recognis/ze some of the names sometimes when in online but they don't seem to come into missions when the "invited" is there and I'm talking about said people being in Online at the time and not otherwise busy.

Now to see how everything plays out and maybe I might get to meet those I haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting.

I have seen some online playing during events and never bother to join us after getting several invites. Why be in the crew if you have no intention of playing with the crew?

As an addendum to the previous post maybe I might be playing with other people from the forum at the time a request was sent and wouldn't dropping everything be considered rude and vice versa ? Obviously if I'm not otherwised engaged at the time of said request then I'll be along. But on almost every thread regarding online here and on these forums I have always used the proviso as long as I'm not otherwised engaged at the time.

Just to say your above quoted statement leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth. If it wasn't for that and what I mentioned in the previous post I wouldn't have any issues. Again a bit too heavy handed.

As I said before I'm interested in seeing how it all plays out.

Domestic Battery

I see your point, and can see how you reach that point.

I did post all that so everyone who is thinking of joining has more info to reach their conclusion. In the first sentence I did say this crew would be the solution for some, but not all. There's alot of good crews out there, some more lax and other very strict. Some have zero requirements other than having their member count padded and some force you to have certain clothes, cars, etc...

The only thing I ask is for active members. What I didn't say cuz I didn't think about it, I do send a message to all members as a reminder of events a couple days before, so it isn't like it's a surprise that x day at x time the crew is doing something.

Without giving a name let me give you an example. X person joined the crew on it's first day, played in a few missions that first day, never played with a crew member since and never joined an event for 3 weeks even though they were clearly online at that time, what would you do?

I honestly am not attempting a debate but I am all ears to alternative ideas

I was apprehensive about joining, but will give it a go, what's the worst that can happen? We leave the crew amicably and move on, that's hopefully where the maturity comes in, we accept the situation isn't ideal for whatever reason and work out next steps. Meanwhile, enjoy the ride

Edited by Pb76
  • Like 2

I didn't realise everyone was joining domestic battery. I should have read the thread first.

Yes you should've. LOL.

Facebook ? That was quick or was I outside Madrazzo's house with psychobitch for that long LOL. You know I'm tempted to send her a friend request LOL. Maybe I see it as a challenge LOL.

Back to Facebook I hate Facebook I guess I'm going to have to go through all my passwords and variations within variations of said passwords and see when I hit the jackpot LOL.

Anyway guy I support you 100% in this especially as you weren't too happy with the whole possibility of being kicked for not playing with the crew enough. To be honest I'm a little peed off setting a crew and then them not playing or just pissing around. My primary is playing with the people rather than the crew thing but maybe that's just me. I Don't have any problems in belonging. I guess it goes hand in hand with when I'm on and when others are on. Usually though if They's a clash I go/tend to go with whoever sends the first request or first mission invite; And maybe later I might join others depending. Then at other times I just like to go the random route. After all we might never have met our mutual 'friend' LOL.

Anyway see you on the other side.

Domestic Battery

I was apprehensive about joining, but will give it a go, what's the worst that can happen? We leave the crew amicably and move on, that's hopefully where the maturity comes in, we accept the situation isn't ideal for whatever reason and work out next steps. Meanwhile, enjoy the ride

Absolutely, this 100%.

Hello pb short round and rogue. Just lost my message to Hatched. Looks like I'll have to start again LOL.

You guys all seem democracy. You could start a random Mature gamers type name crew. Then go from there if you all get along and you want too change the name/emblem do it later using that democracy thing.

Although most of you seem too be in mature crews for the most part from what ive seen. One things for sure it'd be pretty active from all your sleeping patterns.

And itd probably have the wackest name once you decided on one.

We do all need to be together.

Sorry. That sounded a little... off. Didn't it.

I see your point, and can see how you reach that point.

I did post all that so everyone who is thinking of joining has more info to reach their conclusion. In the first sentence I did say this crew would be the solution for some, but not all. There's alot of good crews out there, some more lax and other very strict. Some have zero requirements other than having their member count padded and some force you to have certain clothes, cars, etc...

The only thing I ask is for active members. What I didn't say cuz I didn't think about it, I do send a message to all members as a reminder of events a couple days before, so it isn't like it's a surprise that x day at x time the crew is doing something.

Without giving a name let me give you an example. X person joined the crew on it's first day, played in a few missions that first day, never played with a crew member since and never joined an event for 3 weeks even though they were clearly online at that time, what would you do?

I honestly am not attempting a debate but I am all ears to alternative ideas

Try again time but possibly quicker with less flotsam and jetsam.

1.) I'm here about this crew as in related to this thread. The consensus seems to be on the whole a positive one and I trust the judgement of those in this thread whether that be directly or indirectly. Therefore why wouldn't it be for everyone here ? It is or it isn't. Consensus says it is.

2.) giving advanced notification is a wise move however going by the times you stated in a previous post then that would certainly rule me out. Would that therefore make me a candidate for removal ? Certainly looks to be that way.

You want alternatives ? How about you remove that proviso forthwith and talk about kicking people for more pertinent reasons and I'm sure we all know the kinds of things we are talking about.

What an absolute joke. This isn't kindergarten. We are all here of our own free will and volition. Isn't that enough ? Infact isn't it enough that I've played with people here for decent amounts of time when I'm on with them ?

Yes I put myself forward but I was always going to go with the status quo of the group. Therefore I did find ever so slightly offensive and I quote directly from above.

"I did say this crew would be the solution for some, but not all."

I reiterate and refer you back to the latter part of point one.

"Why wouldn't it be for everyone here ? It is or isn't. Consensus says it is".

As I said in one of these previous posts this evening/morrow I really hope it all goes well. I'm certainly 110% fully supportive of the whole endeavour apart of course for this whole childish kicking thing. As inferred before kick for valid serious and repetitive transgressions.

So after all that am I in or not ?

LOL

You guys all seem democracy. You could start a random Mature gamers type name crew. Then go from there if you all get along and you want too change the name/emblem do it later using that democracy thing.

Although most of you seem too be in mature crews for the most part from what ive seen. One things for sure it'd be pretty active from all your sleeping patterns.

And itd probably have the wackest name once you decided on one.

Hi Taco, we really must do a session together sometime; and as I always say at this juncture all are always welcome.

My Online ID is Dark_Spyder.

I'm looking for people right now. haha. I just started the game yesterday.

The game ? Online ? Or both ? You've got a bit of catching up LOL.

Edited by troysayshi

psn is foppe87

I am a mature player with a mic who likes to do missions and have fun[/quot

psn is foppe87

I am a mature player with a mic who likes to do missions and have fun

You couldn't have arrived here at a better time.

Hey guy's, it's been an active thread whilst I've been asleep lol!

What me and JustHatchdd have basically decided to do is have different division's of the same crew to make sure we cover everyone's time zone's or roughly there about.

I will be in the commissioner position and I am free to run this side as I see fit. We will run the crew like a free democracy. Everyone gets a say and everyone gets an input.

The leader has given me the authority to promote those that I see as good players.

I will always do this fairly on not just based on personal opinion but I would like to at least play with the prospective first.

I will only kick people if necessary in my division, that means long period's of inactivity, or if I have several report's of people not being a good sport snd attacking their own crew.

I want a good bunch of lad's that can play the game together, have fun and just watch each other's back's ;)

So don't worry about the time zone thing or the personal family life thing because I those issue's too. ;)

• Like 2

I want a good bunch of lad's that can play the game together, have fun and just watch each other's back's ;)

This sums it all up

What sort of stuff does everyone want as organized events? I'd love to do a car meet/cruise with the crew, off road caravans, mission playlists etc

I'm pretty much leveled up to where I wanna be and financially comfortable so I'm happy for some online chilling and general mischief.

What sort of stuff does everyone want as organized events? I'd love to do a car meet/cruise with the crew, off road caravans, mission playlists etc

I'm pretty much leveled up to where I wanna be and financially comfortable so I'm happy for some online chilling and general mischief.

I enjoy a bit of everything. Perhaps the event leader will be looking for a variety to make as enjoyable as possible, but I guess numbers play a part in which activities work best.

The team capture was fun from the last crew night.

We should put some idea's to a vote and then we can arrange them.

I love doing car meets and a bit of drifting etc.

Bike's are no good for me because of my controller, I have issue's steering for some strange reason.

Crew survivals would be awesome etc.

It would be nice if we can help the lower levels rank up too. It would mean better fire power.

With the survival, it could get awkward if there are for example 10 crew members who attend the crew night.

I'm happy to climb windmills and jump over trains while survivals are on, not that I dislike survivals, but I'm happy to miss out

• Like 1

I meant on the SC....sorry.

I think we played together yesterday? Do you mind if I add you too?