Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,239 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Thatsamkid

Jumps jumps jumps

Thatsamkid

Agrrr

Coin

is sh*t

/thread

dirty Viking

Everyone talks about this race, yet it is mostly 'hated' in the community.

I dont get the hate, I think its a fun race. Maybe a little too short.

Thatsamkid

Its fun but it gets picked all the time its sht money aswell

PaulDPearl

Locked into SUPER cars.... lame..

Lame LAME and LAME..

Thatsamkid

U wont make the jump unless its suck. The last u can go around the side on the dirt.

Black Rabbit

Lame LAME and LAME..

Non-super cars (hell, even half the super cars) can't make the first jump over the buses because the creator used an Entity or Adder to test it.

The race is too short, doesn't pay well, and is more or less just a clusterf*ck bottleneck at the beginning, followed by some praying that someone doesn't ram you into the first jump.

Jumps, Jumps, Jumps III is a little better but still pretty lame and stupid (the entire second half you don't even need to hit the jumps).

G37

U wont make the jump unless its suck. The last u can go around the side on the dirt.

Considering 99% of the community also loves Catch Up on - the bus jump and overhead pass jump can be a serious problem.

It's a garbage race all together.

sadpandamakeup

Lame LAME and LAME..

It kind of had to be locked onto Super cars. Most cars of the other classes wouldn't be able to clear that huge stack of buses you jump over at the beginning.

Jumps jumps jumps is a fun little race that actually added a new kind of race to the mix. It's unfortunate that it gets picked so often, but the race itself is fine.

StewNorth

Agrrr

the-rock-clapping.gif

SAUL_SILVER

1323718109_motorcycle_jump_fail.gif

Misanthrope Z

it's because of how overplayed it is and how it's unfair to any car that isnt an adder or an entity

Pixel S

The race is terrible

Edited by GTARACER93

PaulDPearl

Considering 99% of the community also loves Catch Up on - the bus jump and overhead pass jump can be a serious problem.

Catchup...

And when Catchup isn't on... there's still an element of catchup in the stupid drafting bonus which starts a quarter mile behind the car in front of you...

I swear there needs to be another racing mode called "Racing" where all you do is race with no GO timing bonus, no unrealistic drafting nonsense... just straight driving please.

Misanthrope Z

Catchup...

And when Catchup isn't on... there's still an element of catchup in the stupid drafting bonus which starts a quarter mile behind the car in front of you...

I swear there needs to be another racing mode called "Racing" where all you do is race with no GO timing bonus, no unrealistic drafting nonsense... just straight driving please.

i'd say drafting can stay, since it's a legit technique, but it does need work

Rinsaf

So f*cking apt! :D

Shaundi.

sh*t race since it's locked only for super cars.

2/10

Thatsamkid

6.5/10

Misanthrope Z

sh*t race since it's locked only for super cars.

2/10

*adders and entitys

even the cheetah, a close second to the entity, will get f*cked over on that first jump

PaulDPearl

Catchup...

i'd say drafting can stay, since it's a legit technique, but it does need work

Drafting is real but it's not the way it works in GTA... if it worked realistically, both cars should be able to work as a team and catch the pack (given enough time.. which there isn't in the majority of these races). I have no faith in R* to fix the drafting so I'd nix it in my fantasy land where there's this other option to have a "realistic" setting to a race...

TBH, races aren't my favorite thing to do on this game... The air races (the ones I created) are the most fun, for me... people tend to avoid bumping and BS in air races because it's a 50/50 shot at exploding yourself...

However... drafting (IRL) does not suck you into the car in front of you or allow you to catch up as quickly as it does in this game... I just don't get why there's no room in between MarioKart64 and Grand Turismo. That's where GTA Used to sit.. between those two extremes... but now it's nudged a lot closer to MarioKart.

Black Rabbit

it's because of how overplayed it is and how it's unfair to any car that isnt an adder or an entity

LOL, true, but Adder drivers tend to suck ass at driving. The difficulty of not having an Adder/Entitiy makes winning this race in something else so much more satisfying.

068dd774-a28c-4ee6-b1aa-f3759e84e150.jpg

Edited by Black Rabbit

Misanthrope Z

LOL, true, but Adder drivers tend to suck ass at driving. The difficulty of not having an Adder/Entitiy makes winning this race in something else so much more satisfying.

068dd774-a28c-4ee6-b1aa-f3759e84e150.jpg

thankfully, the adder has sh*tty handling

but that just barely makes up for how fast it is

Black Rabbit

thankfully, the adder has sh*tty handling

but that just barely makes up for how fast it is

I always see the Adders going sideways off of the jumps, landing completely cockeyed and generally just f*cking doing terrible. It's hilarious for how simple and straight forward the race is.

I.haigh

0f77e11e16ae92f6572291d93956c6f5a028ba41

PkUnzipper

...would've been a better race if they made sport the default race car.

Prefer Jump and Die because that one requires some degree of racing skill

always seem to end up getting it when chosing a random race off the phone. Then have to endure another stupid race being pitted and rammed by other supers

Just so you can get Prizon Thugz fight at the voting screen >,<

SaturdayNight

It helps if you use the boost, it helps even more if you slip stream someone, I did with my infernus and cleared nearly 2x over.

Thatsamkid

Total carnage new race its likes jumps jumps jumps but better

Xbox

iiConTr0v3rSYx

Jump and Die is even worse!

The beginning at the dam is a cluster f*ck if there's more than 6-8 players.

SecludedMemory

I have no faith in R* to...

...actually test and verify quality user created content. Instead we're left with crap like this and Saving Ryan's Privates. I don't think anything that's been R* verified so far has been made by anyone old enough to 'legally' purchase this game. I firmly believe that everything they've verified so far was simply based on the amount of plays alone, which is very easy to exploit - all you have to do is join one of the larger crews and keep spamming invites and get other members to download it and do the same until it makes it into the game.

Considering the amount of content out there that's vastly superior to the stuff that's made it into the game and people have actually put a lot of time and effort into it's sad to see. On the other hand almost all of the verified stuff was obviously put together in less than a couple hours with not much testing and editing from the creator, if any at all. Good content should be tested publicly by a lot of random players who aren't affiliated with the creator in any way, and the creator should be willing to take criticism and tips from the people who play it and edit it accordingly.

Edited by SecludedMemory

PkUnzipper

Jump and Die is even worse!

The beginning at the dam is a cluster f*ck if there's more than 6-8 players.

Yes but you can use that to your advantage.

If you're in the front to middle of the pack, hold down the brake while you navigate away from the dam side. Idiots always try to ram/pit you into the dam.

If you're at the REAR of the pack in the starting postion, the REMAIN IN THE REAR. Let everyone accelerate ahead of you and remain behind the last car until you clear the hill before that first jump. Then do a measured, controlled jump so you land the right way up. If you floor it too hard before hitting the jump, 95% of the time you'll end up hitting that big rock below...

Take your time navigating your way across the river and up the hill to the street (don't floor the accel) and avoid other cars (who are likely spinning out since they're trying to accel).

then floor the accel until you reach that race breaking jump just before the track. This is where your driving skill kicks in, because if you floor the accel, you'll overshoot the race track. Or end up on your roof and exploding. So it's best to take it easy over this critical jump. But once you're on the track, it's a piece of cake to the finish.

That's how I've always managed to come from behind and win in the past. The ppl who cluster f*ck at the start are the ones who usually end up exploding and finishing 4 place and lower. They simply lack the intuitive driving skill to navigate the course.