100% complete

BroDan

Starting the game up for the 1st time I am all hyped up with excitement, after all I have been playing GTA since the beginning. I watch the opening and think to myself this looks very stylish, the main game loads up and there I am ready to walk around Vice, the 1st thing I notice is the damn blurriness of it all so after a quick flick to the menu I turn of the trails option giving me a much nicer game.

I decide to cruise around for a few hours to take in the sites of which are very nice indeed, the way the sun glissens off the cars and blinds you is very cool as is all the palm trees giving a very realistic feeling of being in the Sunny areas of Miami (Vice is based in Miami for all those who say it isn't, IT IS), one thing I notice whilst cruising around is just how much more there is going on in Vice, looking around I see much more people talking than in gta3 and various Police officers talking to people before giving chase to someone else, skaters go up and down the sidewalks and people who hit people in there cars stop and get out to see what is happening, then it starts to rain and I have to say the rain has moved much further than the drab style of gta3 with a very realistic sound of a hurricane and lots of wind, the rain drops on the screen are a nice touch.

The effects in Vice are far beyond those in gta3 and give a much greater feeling of realism, then there is the music, this is a very very good soundtrack and it brings back memories of being very young (born in '84) so even tho I was young my parents listened to the songs and I got to know them, All the stations are good in their own ways but I have to say KCHAT doesn't quite live up to CHATTERBOX from gta3, VROCK is one of my favorite stations because it goes especially well with motorbikes which brings me on to my next area, vehicles:

Vice brings a whole new dimension to the GTA games with the inclusion of working aircraft, the helicopters (which take a bit of getting used to) are definately one of the coolest things to be in a GTA game, I have been waiting a long time for the chance to fly and I was not dissapointed, helicopters were very stylish in the 80's and they only help to give that very unique feeling to Vice that not many other games have, STYLE. Then there are the motorbikes, the last time I saw a bike in a GTA game was london and to be honest it wasn't all that great, now they are back in Vice I am happy, theres nothing quite like the feeling of cruising down a palm tree lined road with the sun glaring and the feel of speed as your clothes move with the wind, R* definately hit a winner with the bikes.

The cars are back of course and some of the additions are very cool, I always make sure I have a bike in my garage but also I have to have a nice car, atm my car of chioce is the deluxo with me being a fan of back to the future, many of the cars in Vice are early styles of those found in gta3 and I like that, a lot of people say there isn't 120 vehicles but there IS, you just have to take into account that there a numerous boats, 3-4 types of the flatbed and the planes, helicopters and misc transport (ie the baggage carrier), the new car physics are cool altho I haven't yet managed to get on 2 wheels without tipping up.

On to the story and main game, Vice took me a little over 40hrs (thats saved, I played a lot without saving) to get me 100%, to me it felt much shorter than gta3 mission wise altho a lot of the missions were very cool, the one what pissed me off the most was saving lance, damn hard and pointless after all you don't get paid and what happens in the end makes it more pointless. The things you get for 100% are nice additions and the xtra health and armour make it much easier to survive than on gta3, the bodyguards are kinda cool but each of them costs you a payment of $2000 and they are kinda dumb, they don't shoot at anyone unless you shot first and when you get in a bot they don't stand on it but instead they run around and end up falling into the water. I have had some fun tho, I had a foursome with a hooker lol because it is possible to get one in your car with the bodyguards and ive also had a gaurd on top of my car and I braked and he flew off.

Anyway this is kinda dragging on and I will bring it to an end by saying it has been worth the wait and I can't wait for the next installment of GTA, because I have 100% doesn't mean I will stop playing Vice, theres the interiors which will keep me playing and I f*cking love the weapons and theres the HUNTER, the beautiful hunter, what a wondeful addition, over all:

98% is my rating, laterz!

Still alive, lurking in the shadows.

BF3 Profile

tuff_luv_capo

I totally skimmed...

Oh, but I got 100% and i think it's sweet....

but again, It's not even funny how much I skimmed...

BroDan great piece!! I loved reading it infact I have now read it twice.  I agree its a great game and the hunter is the sh*t.

I also cannot wait for the new GTA.  But I am only at 73% complete I cant stop doing the Brown thunder missions.

Good thread!!!

Johnny The Homicidal Maniac

The blurry graphic is cool. It looks a lot cooler with trails on than off

Chunky Lee Chong

You can buy body guards?!?! That is so cool... im going to try and get 100%

You did baaaad. Good bye, and thanks for the spam!

Banned. - spookie

The password to this account is...

I'm gonna have to argue about that...and HOW THE f*ck DID YOU BEAT IT IN 40 HOURS? I find myself starting to play it at like 10, and as soon as i realize what is going on it's like 4:30 in the morning...I just seem to lose myself doing totally stupid sh*t...but it's all hilarious, this game will proly last as a daily player for another 3-4 months...there is always new stuff to do...ramps...tricks...all sorts of sh*t

I completed it in 40hrs because I played it from the early hours of the day all day and just kept at it, thx for the positive input on the piece, it would of been longer but I was in kinda a hurry  :D

BF3 Profile

Chunky Lee Chong

When you get 100% how do you know where to buy bodyguards?

You did baaaad. Good bye, and thanks for the spam!

Banned. - spookie

The password to this account is...

They are just in your mansion where the TV is, along with my 3 trophies for beating all the Stadium things  :D

BF3 Profile