The GTA V beta hunt

StJimmy

Brooklynzsmac

Ariano Sanchez doesn't sound too ghetto ngl

• Like 2

fartingrats

And remember that people say that Franklin looked hispanic in the first trailer.

Captura de tela 2024-05-10 175339.png

HeySlickThatsMe
Posted (edited)

The name must be very early, there's also some mentions of old version of Monkey Business, except it's referred to as biolab everywhere instead of fib5, the only leftover is some animation file mentions of cutscenes or other stuff, mentions Ariano pushing a crate, there's also mentions of army and some girls

There's also two debug text strings about Biolab heist setups or something, where Trevor steals a chopper and Ariano hides under an army truck 

In my opinion the monkey business mission was probably the first mission ever created for GTA V as prototype, which would explain these mentions as they're very old, and the only ones featuring Ariano, there's also leftovers of the forklift part, it would make sense to have this be a prototype mission because it features a lot of segments (some of them got cut in final ofc) 

I kinda wonder if Shawn Fonteno knows about this, considering they had mocap done for the old version where Franklin was still Ariano I don't see why he wouldn't, but it still doesn't line up with what he said about his audition, where they wanted him to say words like "mate" etc, it doesn't fit either Ariano or Franklin 

Edited by HeySlickThatsMe

Gamerjman19
Posted (edited)

Is there any leftovers or references about the closed demo that journalist played where it went through each character and they had unique scenarios?

Edited by Gamerjman19

Matushka
18 hours ago, Gamerjman19 said:

Is there any leftovers or references about the closed demo that journalist played where it went through each character and they had unique scenarios?

He was likely just talking about the random switch events.

fbi-unit

So I recently found some quick actions that were for the cut cops n crooks DLC.

image.thumb.jpeg.cf69ae1a275405a2b9ea27d6d4dc3aa9.jpeg Pour one out - may be pouring a drink?

hand signals - I was thinking of like stop, go, maybe the classic 2 finger point to move?

tactical salute - the normal salute animation but your character is more

stiff like a soldier

techy fingers - idk?

talk into ear piece - self explanatory 

baton twirl - spinning your nightstick by the handle

hand rub - clapping your hands together, maybe dust comes off lol

soldier peace - idk

Bring it - the classic hand out and asking them to „bring it”

jacked up - maybe jumping up and down shaking your arms

wasnt me - maybe shrugging your shoulders and pointing to yourself

flash badge - obvious 

meat doughnut - I like the pink ones

image.jpeg

• Like 5

HeySlickThatsMe
On 5/11/2024 at 6:04 AM, Gamerjman19 said:

You mean magdemo? The script source is left, seems you start out as Michael sitting by the pool and then you get on a bicycle and drive to rockford hills sign, switch to Trevor at his trailer and drive to a liquor sign in Sandy Shores, then switch to Franklin at the beach gym and drive towards Vinewood, then it has mention of Three's Company mission being started, there's also mention of a mime and there's some other code like creating a jerry can pickup for some reason (when switching to Trevor, and giving him a pistol)

There's also magdemo2 which has Franklin basejumping, Trevor diving, Michael walking around the city and FRA2 which is Lamar's Down

The way it sounds is that we got glimpse of both of these scripts in the gameplay trailer

• Like 11

Spider-Vice
7 minutes ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

a jerry can pickup for some reason

Because magdemos are used for press hands-on and/or R* representatives doing a press demo, it may have been something they could pick up during said demo. Maybe to show off the jerry can/shooting the trail mechanics, or something.

• Like 4

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

WildBrick142

i dunno about the second magdemo, but the first one is borderline unplayable when actually run. the first magdemo was used for the december 2012 gameinformer issue.

> As he walks into his opulent mansion we meet Tracy

> She clearly takes after Michael's wife, Amanda. We cross paths with her as she's heading out the front door [...]

> She hops into her Sentinel XS sports car and Michael yells back, "Hey, I'm feeling lucky! I'll check the hospitals!"

> With the car gone, Michael grabs a bicycle out of the garage.

you are greeted with a black screen with the title of the demo. then the opening starts, as described, with michael in the sun lounger. he will stay there until you attempt to move the character, then he will get up. after that, nothing. the above events going on inside the house do still happen technically, but starting the demo script kills most of the scripts, including the one that controls these events inside the house. all you can do is get on the scorcher and drive to a point in front of the rockford hills sign.

> As we greet Trevor, he's fighting a courageous battle with constipation on the toilet [...]

every time, without fail, trevor wakes up half naked on the south east island with dead lost mc guys and a dinghy to get to shore. i imagine things got added and removed since then which offset the switch scenes. aside from that, you can play the rest of it out somewhat normally. the rebel spawns, the gas can spawns, you can blow up the rebel with the gas can. only difference is that there is no "lit Zippo" to drop, you have to shoot the gas trail (which, conveniently, you're always given a pistol with some ammo to do it).

> [...] Franklin, he's cruising Vespucci Beach [...]

also, without fail, franklin spawns at night on a dirt road in el burro heights. near the lot for three's company. if you drive all the way to the waypoint, the 9F cabrio is indeed parked (on the same street as floyd's apartment) in a bright orange color. if you follow the waypoint, past the ammunation mentioned in the article, you also drive past an armored truck, then further down the road you have 3 scripted cop cars with sirens on speeding by. your final destination is parked across the street from the union depository where..... nothing happens. something probably should happen here, but nothing does. (though i could have sworn i read somewhere that the sniping sequence begins after that?)

then you can switch to michael, and that's where the demo gets bricked. michael will always spawn leaving a restaurant at night in vinewood. now, the game will either spawn the scorcher from the first part, preventing you from progressing further, or, it will spawn michael's tailgater. as soon as you enter michael's tailgater (or any tailgater at all) you will be stuck in an endless loop of michael driving on the dirt road outside three's company mission start point with dave as the passenger. that mission is supposed to start here but i guess it ends up getting stuck and looping the beginning part.

Sanctuary II
18 hours ago, fbi-unit said:

Pour one out - may be pouring a drink?

jacked up - maybe jumping up and down shaking your arms

I don't have much to add but pouring one out is a tributary act of pouring alcohol (beer from what I've seen) on the ground for those who have fallen. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftenor.com%2Fsearch%2Fkey-and-peele-pour-one-out-gifs&psig=AOvVaw2UmpP3kNdpzj1CK--mjqpp&ust=1715670770054000&source=images&cd=vfe&opi=89978449&ved=0CBIQjRxqFwoTCPiN_4-NioYDFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE

And my guess for 'jacked up' is that it's a muscle flexing animation, possibly in various poses

LennyH

I dunno if the game ever had a specific build for the Japanese market, but the sh*tting switch scene wouldn't show in that build.

PR_SCENE_T_sh*t,				// As camera zooms in on Trevor, we see him at his Country Safehouse. Trevor would be in default t-shirt and jeans. Time would be late morning. Trevor could be "Do the toilet one here on his own"

These one seems unused?

//	PR_SCENE_T_STRIPCLUB_a,			// Trevor is sat in the strip club. He is sat next to another man  . While they watch a girl dancing on stage Trevor is rubbing the man’s back.  After a moment, he gets up to go.	Location:	(110.1095, -1291.8535, 27.2609)

There is a file that lets the devs turn certain content on/off, works like a switch, All gen9 stuff, GTA+ (GTAO_MEMBERSHIP) is turned off for older versions

#IF IS_PS5_BUILD
CONST_INT FEATURE_GEN9_STANDALONE			1
CONST_INT FEATURE_GEN9_EXCLUSIVE			1
CONST_INT FEATURE_GEN9_RELEASE				1
CONST_INT FEATURE_GTAO_MEMBERSHIP			1
#ENDIF

#IF IS_XBSX_BUILD
#ENDIF

#IF IS_PC_BUILD
CONST_INT FEATURE_GEN9_STANDALONE			0
CONST_INT FEATURE_GEN9_EXCLUSIVE			0
CONST_INT FEATURE_GEN9_RELEASE				0
CONST_INT FEATURE_GTAO_MEMBERSHIP			0
#ENDIF

#IF IS_PS4_BUILD
#ENDIF

#IF IS_XB1_BUILD
#ENDIF

Here are a bunch of other GTA Online things they kept off

CONST_INT FEATURE_APARTMENT_FURNITURE			0		// job pack
CONST_INT FEATURE_NEW_GYM_ACTIVITIES     		0		// apartment pack 2
CONST_INT FEATURE_INTERACTIONS_SPORTS			0		// sports
CONST_INT FEATURE_INTERACTIONS_ARMY				0		// army
CONST_INT FEATURE_INTERACTIONS_UNKNOWN			0		// pack not yet known
CONST_INT FEATURE_BENCH_RELATIONSHIPS			0		// relationship pack2
CONST_INT FEATURE_ARMY							0		// Army 
CONST_INT FEATURE_CLIFFORD						0		// Clifford
CONST_INT FEATURE_FREEMODE_ARCADE			0
CONST_INT FEATURE_COPS_N_CROOKS				0
CONST_INT FEATURE_ENDLESS_WINTER			0  (They turn this on every Christmas)
CONST_INT FEATURE_FREEMODE_CLASSIC			0  

I think they intentionally keep the players in the clouds for longer, sky hang as it's internally called is off in debug builds, perhaps it's the "seamless switching" thing

#IF IS_DEBUG_BUILD
CONST_INT FEATURE_SHORTEN_SKY_HANG			1  // stop player hanging in sky on transition
#ENDIF
#IF NOT IS_DEBUG_BUILD
CONST_INT FEATURE_SHORTEN_SKY_HANG			0  // stop player hanging in sky on transition
#ENDIF
	#IF IS_DEBUG_BUILD
		IF GET_COMMANDLINE_PARAM_EXISTS("sc_f*ckHangingInTheSky")
			g_sMPTunables.iHangingInSkyTimeout = -1
		ENDIF
		IF GET_COMMANDLINE_PARAM_EXISTS("sc_ShortenHangInSkyTime")
			g_sMPTunables.iHangingInSkyTimeout = GET_COMMANDLINE_PARAM_INT("sc_ShortenHangInSkyTime")
		ENDIF
	#ENDIF

RecklessGlue540

So basically platform checks. Not quite new, something similar had been done for the pool ball transparency in IV back in the day too.

Basically, if the .sco detected PS3 or PC, pool balls would simply disappear / vanish when obstructed by other balls or something. If it detected 360, the pool balls would become transparent instead.

This was clearly done because of different shader behavior or something but let's not delve too much from this topic.

• Like 3

HeySlickThatsMe
12 hours ago, LennyH said:

I dunno if the game ever had a specific build for the Japanese market, but the sh*tting switch scene wouldn't show in that build.

PR_SCENE_T_sh*t,				// As camera zooms in on Trevor, we see him at his Country Safehouse. Trevor would be in default t-shirt and jeans. Time would be late morning. Trevor could be "Do the toilet one here on his own"

These one seems unused?

//	PR_SCENE_T_STRIPCLUB_a,			// Trevor is sat in the strip club. He is sat next to another man  . While they watch a girl dancing on stage Trevor is rubbing the man’s back.  After a moment, he gets up to go.	Location:	(110.1095, -1291.8535, 27.2609)

There is a file that lets the devs turn certain content on/off, works like a switch, All gen9 stuff, GTA+ (GTAO_MEMBERSHIP) is turned off for older versions

#IF IS_PS5_BUILD
#ENDIF

#IF IS_XBSX_BUILD
#ENDIF

#IF IS_PC_BUILD
#ENDIF

#IF IS_PS4_BUILD
#ENDIF

#IF IS_XB1_BUILD
#ENDIF

Here are a bunch of other GTA Online things they kept off

CONST_INT FEATURE_APARTMENT_FURNITURE			0		// job pack
CONST_INT FEATURE_NEW_GYM_ACTIVITIES     		0		// apartment pack 2
CONST_INT FEATURE_INTERACTIONS_SPORTS			0		// sports
CONST_INT FEATURE_INTERACTIONS_ARMY				0		// army
CONST_INT FEATURE_INTERACTIONS_UNKNOWN			0		// pack not yet known
CONST_INT FEATURE_BENCH_RELATIONSHIPS			0		// relationship pack2
CONST_INT FEATURE_ARMY							0		// Army 
CONST_INT FEATURE_CLIFFORD						0		// Clifford
CONST_INT FEATURE_FREEMODE_ARCADE			0
CONST_INT FEATURE_COPS_N_CROOKS				0
CONST_INT FEATURE_ENDLESS_WINTER			0  (They turn this on every Christmas)
CONST_INT FEATURE_FREEMODE_CLASSIC			0  

I think they intentionally keep the players in the clouds for longer, sky hang as it's internally called is off in debug builds, perhaps it's the "seamless switching" thing

#IF IS_DEBUG_BUILD
CONST_INT FEATURE_SHORTEN_SKY_HANG			1  // stop player hanging in sky on transition
#ENDIF
#IF NOT IS_DEBUG_BUILD
CONST_INT FEATURE_SHORTEN_SKY_HANG			0  // stop player hanging in sky on transition
#ENDIF
	#IF IS_DEBUG_BUILD
		IF GET_COMMANDLINE_PARAM_EXISTS("sc_f*ckHangingInTheSky")
			g_sMPTunables.iHangingInSkyTimeout = -1
		ENDIF
		IF GET_COMMANDLINE_PARAM_EXISTS("sc_ShortenHangInSkyTime")
			g_sMPTunables.iHangingInSkyTimeout = GET_COMMANDLINE_PARAM_INT("sc_ShortenHangInSkyTime")
		ENDIF
	#ENDIF

Endless Winter has nothing to do with Christmas, it's part of the scrapped CNC update 

• Like 1

BMXMario
On 5/10/2024 at 2:23 PM, Brooklynzsmac said:

Ariano Sanchez doesn't sound too ghetto ngl

I think they originally wanted Franklin to be "blexican," perhaps to tick two boxes at once, similar to Luis Lopez from TBoGT or Vic Vance from VCS who are both mixed-race Hispanics, but Afro-Latinos aren't AS prevalent in California as they are across the East Coast.

• Like 2

LennyH

Some small stuff in the trail making document

QJBOsIu.png

tSzgOpM.jpeg

wM9rsVu.png

0AfB6NN.jpeg

maikolu168

19 hours ago, LennyH said:

Some small stuff in the trail making document

QJBOsIu.png

tSzgOpM.jpeg

wM9rsVu.png

0AfB6NN.jpeg

Is this Michael in third photo?

DUNK512
1 hour ago, maikolu168 said:

Is this Michael in third photo?

No, that's albert, the beta version of Michael.

Ellie-H
37 minutes ago, DUNK512 said:

That's false, there has never been any proof of Michael being Albert, that was just his casting call name to avoid story plot leaks

DUNK512
24 minutes ago, Ellie-H said:

That's false, there has never been any proof of Michael being Albert, that was just his casting call name to avoid story plot leaks

I was joking.

13 hours ago, DUNK512 said:

What year is those picture 

LennyH
1 hour ago, ice23 said:

What year is those picture 

Probably around early 2013, March maybe?

LennyH
Posted (edited)

A bunch of 3d models were also in the leak, seems like some geometry shapes are a bit different, checked to make sure they're not any of the LODs, and sure enough, the leaked seabed model is slightly different.

Final Game:

mFTPoJk.jpg

Seabed Beta:

lXVOcYm.png

Final Game:

WGlybT7.png

Seabed Beta:

4C4vdiH.png

The rest is identical to the release unless if I missed something, only Chilliad and the state forest appear to be a different size and shape

Edited by LennyH

MohaLy2000
3 hours ago, LennyH said:

A bunch of 3d models were also in the leak, seems like some geometry shapes are a bit different, checked to make sure they're not any of the LODs, and sure enough, the leaked seabed model is slightly different.

mFTPoJk.jpg

lXVOcYm.png

WGlybT7.png

4C4vdiH.png

The rest is identical to the release unless if I missed something, only Chilliad and the state forest appear to be a different size and shape

Can you share the source of these images?  I had never seen it when the leak happened in December

DUNK512
1 hour ago, MohaLy2000 said:

Can you share the source of these images?  I had never seen it when the leak happened in December

They’re just 3d models that were with the leak, they were with a couple of instructional videos by rockstar devs on how to make terrain, if I’m remembering correctly.

I'm guessing they modded them into the game considering the sky box

6 hours ago, LennyH said:

Probably around early 2013, March maybe?

No way man ...michael wasnt even modeled and the game was abready finished graphicly on 2011 so im sure its 2009/2010

rollschuh2282
1 hour ago, ice23 said:

No way man ...michael wasnt even modeled and the game was abready finished graphicly on 2011 so im sure its 2009/2010

if the screenshots were made the same day as the document was created.
then it was august 11th 2011 between 2:39pm and 5:52pm

Ellie-H
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ice23 said:

I-Uh, What??

I know you're just being clueless, but for the record, Michael's character model was added to the game sometime mid 2011 according to the builds.xml file, not only that but the game never stopped evolving graphically until some time early 2013 (Not only that, but it's also impossible for it to be in 2009, as the game wasn't even being developed until sometime mid/late 2010 iirc)

So yes, the most safe bet, according to Rollschuch, is mid 2011, tho I'd wager it could also be early 2011

Edited by Ellie-H

jaydeedilla
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Ellie-H said:

I-Uh, What??

I know you're just being clueless, but for the record, Michael's character model was added to the game sometime mid 2011 according to the builds.xml file, not only that but the game never stopped evolving graphically until some time early 2013 (Not only that, but it's also impossible for it to be in 2009, as the game wasn't even being developed until sometime mid/late 2010 iirc)

So yes, the most safe bet, according to Rollschuch, is mid 2011, tho I'd wager it could also be early 2011

For the record, I sincerely doubt Michael's character model was added in mid-2011 lol... more than likely that note referred to his existing model merely being updated.

</buildInfo>
        <platformId>1568</platformId>
    </builds>
    <builds>
        <id>123468</id>
        <buildId>Version 091</buildId>
        <buildDate>2011-06-01T14:59:57Z</buildDate>
        <buildInfo>QA_01-06-2011___09-00

Notes – 
•Added to Bugstar as Version 091
•Data , code &amp; scripts labelled as: GTA5_[ALL]_version_091
•Rage code labelled as: GTA5_[ALL]_version_091_RAGE
•QA spu_debug folder updated for spu crash debugging.
•Includes updated release config executables for PS3.
•C&amp;C session loaded ok using -lan.
•Includes new Michael character model.
•Code was grabbed before PS3 sdk update.
•Includes latest script image.
•Resolved bugs pushed through to verify.
•Will to dongled and uploaded to the network for QA shortly.

Also, the game's first build dates back to April of 2009 (according to builds.xml, although I find it likely earlier builds do exist), so GTA V was at the very least being developed throughout most of 2009.

Edited by jaydeedilla

Ellie-H
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, jaydeedilla said:

For the record, I sincerely doubt Michael's character model was added in mid-2011 lol... more than likely that note referred to his existing model merely being updated.

Also, the game's first build dates back to April of 2009 (according to builds.xml), so GTA V was being developed throughout most of 2009.

you need to take a good look at builds.xml, the file was created in 2009 as the Project was formerly opened, but no real work was put into GTA V until 2010, as the next update right after the first 2009 entry is a whole year later, the file does also mention character models being added into the game for Michael, Franklin and Surprisingly Trevor in 2011, mind you 2011 was still considered Early Development for the game

<builds>
  <id>9348</id>
  <buildId>Initial Version</buildId>
  <buildDate>2009-04-20T12:27:20Z</buildDate>
  <buildInfo>Base version added upon creation of project</buildInfo>
  </builds>
  <builds>
  <id>9349</id>
  <buildId>CB_11-05-2010___09-15</buildId>
  <buildDate>2010-05-11T11:14:47Z</buildDate>
  </builds>

there's also something interesting about the timing of said models being added, as Trevor iirc was being added in September 2011, while all the others were added months prior, there's a possibility that the game footage featured in the November 2011 trailer was actually recorded Prior to septemeber 2011, as that would explain the deliberate omission of Trevor at the time

Edited by Ellie-H

jaydeedilla
1 minute ago, Ellie-H said:

you need to take a good look at builds.xml, the file was created in 2009 as the Project was formerly opened, but no real work was put into GTA V until 2010, as the next update right after the first 2009 entry is a whole year later, the file does also mention character models being added into the game for Michael, Franklin and Surprisingly Trevor in 2011, mind you 2011 was still considered Early Development for the game

"No real work was put into GTA V until 2010". So Rockstar North were just.. sitting on their asses for 2 full years? I see. Awesome to be able to speak to someone who has actually worked at the studio! 

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1