The GTA V beta hunt

StJimmy

HeySlickThatsMe

"We also had that really cool sh*t of... there was, and i forget if it was DLC, i have no idea, but where Trevor was gonna be like an Undercover, he works for the feds, we did shoot some of that stuff with like, James Bond Trevor, he's still kind of a f*ckup, but he's doing his best"

jaydeedilla
16 hours ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

"We also had that really cool sh*t of... there was, and i forget if it was DLC, i have no idea, but where Trevor was gonna be like an Undercover, he works for the feds, we did shoot some of that stuff with like, James Bond Trevor, he's still kind of a f*ckup, but he's doing his best"

I still cry myself to sleep some nights

HeySlickThatsMe

Just a small tease, there are timelapse cameras for three missions from the DLC - two story and one assassination mission

Tim The Tool Bag Taylor
On 4/21/2024 at 10:58 PM, HeySlickThatsMe said:

Honestly, I would had forgiven Rockstar if they officially announced the DLCs cancellation on their Newswire. Instead, they had a staff member declare it over a gaming article that some people aren't even privy of, yet.

Edited by Teal

olzhas1one

It's a bit off-topic, but is it just me, or are a lot of the recent images in this thread inaccesible now? I don't mean the images at the start of thread, those are probably unrecoverable now unfortunately. I'm talking about very recent stuff. Pretty much most of the stuff posted by Slick starting from 2022, I can't see. It doesn't load on the website nor does it load by opening it in a tab. I assumed my provider might be blocking access to these images but turning on a VPN didn't help. Some of them link to Discord, and some of them are things from twitter.

HeySlickThatsMe
13 minutes ago, olzhas1one said:

It's a bit off-topic, but is it just me, or are a lot of the recent images in this thread inaccesible now? I don't mean the images at the start of thread, those are probably unrecoverable now unfortunately. I'm talking about very recent stuff. Pretty much most of the stuff posted by Slick starting from 2022, I can't see. It doesn't load on the website nor does it load by opening it in a tab. I assumed my provider might be blocking access to these images but turning on a VPN didn't help. Some of them link to Discord, and some of them are things from twitter.

It's because Discord made links temporary so all of my old images are dead, i just haven't fixed it yet

• Like 1

Mainline421
4 hours ago, Teal said:

Honestly, I would had forgiven Rockstar if they officially announced the DLCs cancellation on their Newswire. Instead, they had a staff member declare it over a gaming article that some people aren't even privy of, yet.

No one was still expecting DLCs. I doubt this was even R* sanctioned at all, it's just been so long even a company with information policies as tight as R* won't care anymore

• excuseme 1
  • KekCringe 2

Tim The Tool Bag Taylor
8 hours ago, Mainline421 said:

No one was still expecting DLCs. I doubt this was even R* sanctioned at all, it's just been so long even a company with information policies as tight as R* won't care anymore

Quite the contrary.

The community here and when Rockstar used allow comments on their Newswire posts, players were always asking when will Rockstar announce or release Story Mode DLC.

Rockstar is too secretive and with GTAO, it became even more apparent. 

Ash_735
On 4/23/2024 at 6:05 PM, Teal said:

It's not even that, what he said was worse, they tried to gaslit the ENTIRE community by saying they never announced any Single Player DLC and it was never planned despite all the damn evidence we have for it, and even more so now with Steven Ogg confirming he recorded some stuff for it.

Gosh, how Liberty City would have looked in the dlc, the contract update made me want single player dlc for Franklin so I could see both him and Tanisha.

Also wanted to know what would happen with Michael too as well as agent Trevor.

Edited by JASON6971

Tim The Tool Bag Taylor
On 4/25/2024 at 5:32 PM, Ash_735 said:

It's not even that, what he said was worse, they tried to gaslit the ENTIRE community by saying they never announced any Single Player DLC and it was never planned despite all the damn evidence we have for it, and even more so now with Steven Ogg confirming he recorded some stuff for it.

I am assuming you are referencing the GI article with Imran Sarwar.

The gaslighting part was him saying "[GTA V] is massive and very very complete. It was three games in one" and "we did not feel single player expansions were possible or necessary..."

While the factors mentioned in that article could have been causes for it to be cancelled, baiting the community for nearly four years since its announcement was just not the way to go. 

22 hours ago, JASON6971 said:

Gosh, how Liberty City would have looked in the dlc, the contract update made me want single player dlc for Franklin so I could see both him and Tanisha.

Also wanted to know what would happen with Michael too as well as agent Trevor.

It's disheartening that we are left with our own ambiguous conclusions of what happened to the trio post GTA V.

• Like 6

NightmanCometh96
1 hour ago, Teal said:

I am assuming you are referencing the GI article with Imran Sarwar.

The gaslighting part was him saying "[GTA V] is massive and very very complete. It was three games in one" and "we did not feel single player expansions were possible or necessary..."

While the factors mentioned in that article could have been causes for it to be cancelled, baiting the community for nearly four years since its announcement was just not the way to go. 

It's disheartening that we are left with our own ambiguous conclusions of what happened to the trio post GTA V.

That whole quote was such a spit in the face to the single player community (even if you ignore that R* had clearly announced story DLC just a few months after the game released), but the "three games in one" statement in particular has always made me roll my eyes whenever I see it brought up. It sounds like hyperbole coined up by the marketing team that somewhat oversells V's focus on switching between three protagonists. Is it ambitious and (generally) well-executed? Sure, I can't argue with that, even if the game isn't my favorite GTA entry. But I don't exactly feel like I'm playing separate games whenever I, say, go hunting as Trevor instead of street racing as Franklin or doing yoga in Michael's backyard; and the majority of the plot has the trio working together, anyway, which further makes that statement fall a bit flat.

Spoiler

And, going by that logic, shouldn't Super Smash Bros. Ultimate be considered as being 76 games on the same cartridge? 89 if you count the DLC? And how about any game that lets you create your own character? :sadkek:

Tim The Tool Bag Taylor
22 minutes ago, NightmanCometh96 said:

That whole quote was such a spit in the face to the single player community (even if you ignore that R* had clearly announced story DLC just a few months after the game released), but the "three games in one" statement in particular has always made me roll my eyes whenever I see it brought up. It sounds like hyperbole coined up by the marketing team that somewhat oversells V's focus on switching between three protagonists. Is it ambitious and (generally) well-executed? Sure, I can't argue with that, even if the game isn't my favorite GTA entry. But I don't exactly feel like I'm playing separate games whenever I, say, go hunting as Trevor instead of street racing as Franklin or doing yoga in Michael's backyard; and the majority of the plot has the trio working together, anyway, which further makes that statement fall a bit flat.

Hide contents

And, going by that logic, shouldn't Super Smash Bros. Ultimate be considered as being 76 games on the same cartridge? 89 if you count the DLC? And how about any game that lets you create your own character? :sadkek:

I even thought the "three games in one" was a severe overstatement.

The protagonists had like four or five missions which were supposed to be "character development", but they were underwhelming and, in retrospect, felt rushed. The only time there were any action and narrative progression was when they were together in missions as you said.

Seeing the three of them in their own situations would had been interesting; those would count as "three games in one". No doubt the "Agent Trevor" DLC could have had some replay value.

Edited by Tim The Tool Bag Taylor

HeySlickThatsMe

Willy from Lovefist was originally some dude named "Robbie Nails" model name was U_M_M_RobbieNails

Salt in the Wound – Player escapes in Robbie Nails car. Nigel 1A

Kerry McIntosh's dog "Dexie" was originally named "Mr Muffy Cakes"

Hot on the Paws – Player keeps close to Mr Muffy Cakes throughout chase. Nigel 1C

Mark Fostenburg was named Glen Stanky, his model is still left in files and completely unused (u_m_m_glenstank_01)

FOUR! – Kill Glen Stanky and his 3 security guards. Nigel 1D

PUJytHo.png

There's also unused model called ig_oneil, presumably for Elwood O'Neil, he has a completely different appearance in final

y6lUWy3.png

Bonus: 

Edited by HeySlickThatsMe

Resonantes

Sorry if this was mentioned before here, but I found this image on a building called ''hw1_16_build1''. There are images of a snowy forest that I want to believe is the beta version of the forest of the saints.

attached image: https://imgur.com/gallery/gYqrBms

• Like 7

MGgames100
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Resonantes said:

Sorry if this was mentioned before here, but I found this image on a building called ''hw1_16_build1''. There are images of a snowy forest that I want to believe is the beta version of the forest of the saints.

Likely from Agent. Matches with some of the photos from the source code leak

Edit: very likely, the bay is shaped exactly like the one from the minimap.
https://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/first-leaked-screenshots-surface-for-rockstars-canceled-agent/

Edited by MGgames100

Resonantes
8 minutes ago, MGgames100 said:

Likely from Agent. Matches with some of the photos from the source code leak

Edit: very likely, the bay is shaped exactly like the one from the minimap.
https://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/first-leaked-screenshots-surface-for-rockstars-canceled-agent/

I find it curious that it is in a shop window as a reflection, and that the map seems quite large.

Resonantes

Looking inside I found some images that seem to be from the agent, it seems to be the same area but this one doesn't have snow, it's strange.

attached image: https://imgur.com/gallery/GA2SrJL

HeySlickThatsMe
3 minutes ago, Resonantes said:

Looking inside I found some images that seem to be from the agent, it seems to be the same area but this one doesn't have snow, it's strange.

attached image: https://imgur.com/gallery/GA2SrJL

Agent had multiple levels: Alpine, Underwater, Desert, Space, Moon Base

Although this image doesn't really seem to match any of them, so maybe it's early GTA V?

Resonantes
4 minutes ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

Although this image doesn't really seem to match any of them, so maybe it's early GTA V?

It's confusing because it has gta 4 graphics, maybe it was part of the gta 5 or agent beta

Tim The Tool Bag Taylor
2 minutes ago, Resonantes said:

It's confusing because it has gta 4 graphics, maybe it was part of the gta 5 or agent beta

They probably built it off of GTA IV first before moving in its own framework. It's common in game development.

RecklessGlue540
56 minutes ago, Resonantes said:

To be honest, these screenshots all look like Tall Trees from RDR1. That lake in the first photo looks like Aurora's Basin, in the third screenshot you may also be able to make out RDR1's skyhat.... I could be hella wrong though..

• Like 2

DeltaV20
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Resonantes said:

some might be from RDR1? 

WWrQFG4.jpeg

28 minutes ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

maybe early Paleto bay or forest

HjhMR1F.png

Edited by DeltaV20
  • Like 3

HeySlickThatsMe
Posted (edited)

There's a possibility it could be the surface of Underwater level too, although brief snippet of that was part of the underwater image leaks

//Edit Those snow screenshots could actually be from RDR

• Like 1

LennyH

I'm a bit late to the party.

These are from RDR, couldn't get exact locations but they were %100 captured from out-of-bounds

Ttn9QW3.jpg91TiYYT.jpeghZc9mGo.png

These are from early 5 I guess, The left one has the same tree models as in the final game from Paleto Forest, right one's pine tree is also from 5, but it looks like they're floating above water or something with landmass missing?

XcdFJIM.png

Resonantes
13 hours ago, LennyH said:

I'm a bit late to the party.

These are from RDR, couldn't get exact locations but they were %100 captured from out-of-bounds

Ttn9QW3.jpg91TiYYT.jpeghZc9mGo.png

These are from early 5 I guess, The left one has the same tree models as in the final game from Paleto Forest, right one's pine tree is also from 5, but it looks like they're floating above water or something with landmass missing?

XcdFJIM.png

How curious that it was captured off the map.

OhMrZack
On 5/2/2024 at 7:36 AM, Resonantes said:

How curious that it was captured off the map.

Xenia running RDR with Jedijosh920 mod menu 

HeySlickThatsMe
Posted (edited)

Franklin's Beta name was Ariano Sanchez

g_Cellphone.PhoneOwner = GET_CURRENT_PLAYER_PED_ENUM()

SWITCH g_Cellphone.PhoneOwner

CASE CHAR_ARIANO

PersonalPhonebookToCheck =  ARIANO_BOOK

BREAK

CASE CHAR_MICHAEL

PersonalPhonebookToCheck =  MICHAEL_BOOK

BREAK

CASE CHAR_TREVOR

PersonalPhonebookToCheck =  TREVOR_BOOK

BREAK

IF IS_CALLING_CONTACT (CHAR_LESTER)

cdPrintstring("Calling Lester")
                                                            cdPrintnl()

ENDIF

IF IS_CALLING_CONTACT (CHAR_ARIANO)

cdPrintstring("Calling Ariano")
                                                            cdPrintnl()

ENDIF

IF IS_CALLING_CONTACT (CHAR_MICHAEL)

cdPrintstring("Calling Michael")
                                                            cdPrintnl()

ENDIF

IF IS_CALLING_CONTACT (CHAR_TREVOR)

cdPrintstring("Calling Trevor")
                                                            cdPrintnl()

ENDIF

Michael de Santo
Jimmy de Santo
Ariano Sanchez
Lester Crest
Trevor Philips
Steve Hains
Dave Norton

And Lamar's was probably Lorenzo

//CHAR_CALL_PLAYER_CELLPHONE_WITH_REPLIES(CHAR_ARIANO, "HST1_CALL3A", CONV_PRIORITY_VERY_HIGH, "CALL_H0_1", "HST1_CALL3AY", "HST1_CALL3AN")

//CREATE_CONVERSATION ("S1M2AUD", "S1M2_IE", CONV_PRIORITY_VERY_HIGH) //This priority should default to medium as a precaution.

//PLAY_SINGLE_LINE_FROM_CONVERSATION ("S1M2AUD", "S1M2_IE_3", CONV_PRIORITY_VERY_HIGH) //I'm with Lorenzo..

//DELETE_TEXT_MESSAGE_BY_LABEL_FROM_CURRENT_PLAYER ("TXT_101")

This also explains the unused voice mail, and Franklin doesn't have any

ARI_APH1_1 = ~z~Hey, what's up? I'm too busy to take your call right now...

CASE FR_FRANKLIN
			tRoot = "ARI_APH1"
		BREAK

3 hours ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

Franklin's Beta name was Ariano Sanchez

g_Cellphone.PhoneOwner = GET_CURRENT_PLAYER_PED_ENUM()

SWITCH g_Cellphone.PhoneOwner

CASE CHAR_ARIANO

PersonalPhonebookToCheck =  ARIANO_BOOK

BREAK

CASE CHAR_MICHAEL

PersonalPhonebookToCheck =  MICHAEL_BOOK

BREAK

CASE CHAR_TREVOR

PersonalPhonebookToCheck =  TREVOR_BOOK

BREAK

IF IS_CALLING_CONTACT (CHAR_LESTER)

cdPrintstring("Calling Lester")
                                                            cdPrintnl()

ENDIF

IF IS_CALLING_CONTACT (CHAR_ARIANO)

cdPrintstring("Calling Ariano")
                                                            cdPrintnl()

ENDIF

IF IS_CALLING_CONTACT (CHAR_MICHAEL)

cdPrintstring("Calling Michael")
                                                            cdPrintnl()

ENDIF

IF IS_CALLING_CONTACT (CHAR_TREVOR)

cdPrintstring("Calling Trevor")
                                                            cdPrintnl()

ENDIF

Michael de Santo
Jimmy de Santo
Ariano Sanchez
Lester Crest
Trevor Philips
Steve Hains
Dave Norton

And Lamar's was probably Lorenzo

//CHAR_CALL_PLAYER_CELLPHONE_WITH_REPLIES(CHAR_ARIANO, "HST1_CALL3A", CONV_PRIORITY_VERY_HIGH, "CALL_H0_1", "HST1_CALL3AY", "HST1_CALL3AN")

//CREATE_CONVERSATION ("S1M2AUD", "S1M2_IE", CONV_PRIORITY_VERY_HIGH) //This priority should default to medium as a precaution.

//PLAY_SINGLE_LINE_FROM_CONVERSATION ("S1M2AUD", "S1M2_IE_3", CONV_PRIORITY_VERY_HIGH) //I'm with Lorenzo..

//DELETE_TEXT_MESSAGE_BY_LABEL_FROM_CURRENT_PLAYER ("TXT_101")

This also explains the unused voice mail, and Franklin doesn't have any

ARI_APH1_1 = ~z~Hey, what's up? I'm too busy to take your call right now...

CASE FR_FRANKLIN
			tRoot = "ARI_APH1"
		BREAK

What unused voicemail?

HeySlickThatsMe
2 hours ago, m3ssO said:

What unused voicemail?

The one in the post, the label starts with ARI_