Jump to content

The GTA V beta hunt


StJimmy

Recommended Posts

HeySlickThatsMe

^ The cutscenes for Underbelly Of Paradise, Jack Howitzer, Fame Or Shame and Meltdown are left in files but their archives are disabled, meaning you can enable them back and play them, this also includes few test/early cutscenes like Trevor being tackled at the airport when chasing Molly or Michael injecting the janitor with a syringe

 

The rest of scenes in that video were recreated manually ofc

Edited by HeySlickThatsMe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2024 at 7:21 PM, HeySlickThatsMe said:

^ The cutscenes for Underbelly Of Paradise, Jack Howitzer, Fame Or Shame and Meltdown are left in files but their archives are disabled, meaning you can enable them back and play them, this also includes few test/early cutscenes like Trevor being tackled at the airport when chasing Molly or Michael injecting the janitor with a syringe

 

The rest of scenes in that video were recreated manually ofc

 

Edited by Kyox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HeySlickThatsMe
9 minutes ago, Kyox said:

Is there anyway you could show them here, it would be interesting to see.

 

 

Edited by HeySlickThatsMe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tim The Tool Bag Taylor

I really hope in the future, an ex-dev(s) behind these DLC's could shed some light about the before, during and the cancellation of these DLC's. Just enough to where they don't have to break NDA. 

 

There are so many leftovers - more with the source code - and a lot of development time than what Imran Sarwar via GameInformer in 2017 made it out to be. He explained the factors on why it was cancelled, but I felt like he downplayed its cancellation as if it was something they weren't working on in the first place. 

Edited by Teal
  • Realistic Steak! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HeySlickThatsMe

Remember how Rockstar was working with Ruffian Games, then acquired them and made them into R* Dundee?

Also remember how we thought they were working on Trilogy DE?

 

Well no, obviously not. BUT it looks like they were in charge of the CNC Mode/DLC, this also matches the timeframe!

 

image.png?ex=65f49ca0&is=65e227a0&hm=45d

 

image.png?ex=65f49ca6&is=65e227a6&hm=8fb

 

(Names have been censored for privacy)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
On 2/27/2024 at 5:04 PM, DeGeneratorX said:

Idk if this is the correct place for it, this have only 1200 views and it took me by surprise, someone just recreated the entire TV show The Underbelly of Paradise using ingame assets that are only used for the TV show, which by itself contains a lot of beta stuff. I don't know, to begin with, how this was even possible. It's just so well made man, the cameras, everything

 

 

What hell man, how? The show looks so much better with the PS4/XO/PC assets and in high quality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/24/2018 at 2:33 PM, CarsonGT said:

Worse than that. You might be able to surmise what actually happened but you won't be hearing from me anymore regarding this build.

 

Sorry, I have no other 

 

Edited by Kyox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HeySlickThatsMe

Another kinda CNC find, the texture used on the vest that's in the trunk of the new police cars (which obviously are reused from that DLC) is a 192x64 texture as part of a sheet. But the thing is - it has obviously been cut out of a full texture and it's evident by simply looking at it.

 

And that is true because I put it back into the regular vest model and it looks like this:

 

XMXXPl8.png

 

fump5FX.png

 

There infact is a list of all the clothing data used for the CNC outfits (like Police Officer, Sheriff, Tech Contractor, O Neil's hacker etc) and quite a few of parts are reused from previous DLCs, but as expected the DLC came with custom clothing models too, which we don't know how they looked like.

 

I will probably make a follow up mega post to this, detailing all scrapped CNC DLC content, some obscure findings and partial recreations of the outfits (excluding new parts).

 

You can have this as a tease:

 

jy7yBVl.png

 

This is Police Officer 0 outfit, it's lacking decals/badge and a hat due to them being new models, but the rest is spot on to how it would've been in the original DLC. The color might appear darker due to 3ds max which is used here to view these models, in the mega post I'll probably have in-game pictures instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Marabunta Grande crate is listed within the dev prop library for the "Cluckin' Bell Farm Raid: Concealed Weapons" setup but has remained unused. They likely ditched it at the last minute and went for the generic wooden box because the logo was taken from a role-play community wiki. Although, this isn't the first time Rockstar used fan-made logos.

 

Spoiler

n8hjYkF.png

 

And now that the Cluckin' Bell Farm raid is out, we know that Jay Walker is cut. He's indeed used within the intro cutscene.

 

Spoiler

pEpct3R.png

 

He shares the same head model as the white male variant of La'oub Princess Private Security guard model.

 

Spoiler

JzxjVd3.png

 

A pilot model was cut from the Chop Shop update as well. Which was likely the model for the ship's captain of La'oub Princess during the Cargo Ship robbery.

 

Spoiler

q3XOIso.png

 

He's more affiliated with the private security guard force, given his tattoos. Rockstar instead used the regular pilot model for the ship's captain.

 

Spoiler

61YUMUQ.png

 

Given the above and Jay Walker's tattoos, we can safely assume Rockstar was planning to feature him in the Cargo Ship robbery. As per @HeySlickThatsMe, he is used in the intro cutscene of Cluckin Bell Farm raid.

 

Spoiler

Rsf9KZ0.png

Edited by Tez2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HeySlickThatsMe

Wait hold on, did GTA Wiki really think his name is "Jay Walker"? Jaywalker is a real word for someone that's walking through the traffic without paying attention

 

From what I know the jaywalker model is used in the first cutscene with Vincent, but at the same time it's unused because it's always offscreen similarly to furry from drug wars

Edited by HeySlickThatsMe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

_kamikatsu_
6 hours ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

Wait hold on, did GTA Wiki really think his name is "Jay Walker"? Jaywalker is a real word for someone that's walking through the traffic without paying attention

 

From what I know the jaywalker model is used in the first cutscene with Vincent, but at the same time it's unused because it's always offscreen similarly to furry from drug wars

Big oof of my part, renamed it at last minute (after the farm raid announcement trailer) because I thought he was the "major hacker" character tied to the Terrorbyte. It only made sense to me giving the fact he had a unique character model, but I guess naht...

 

But anyways, stlll in the Farm Raid topic... as soon as "The Contract" dlc released in 2021 we found out a copy of Vincent's ped model (mall cop version from casino heist) in the files for mpsecurity. Apparently he remains unused in-game. At first I thought he was meant to make an unanticipated presence (as Vincent himself would say) in one of Franklin's Dr. Dre contract missions a.k.a. Data Leaks, similar to Harvey Molina's cameo in the same dlc.

Spoiler

spacer.png

 

And for some reason in this specific model, he has a variant model for his arms with the wrong skin color.

Spoiler

spacer.png

 

Edited by _kamikatsu_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

Wait hold on, did GTA Wiki really think his name is "Jay Walker"? Jaywalker is a real word for someone that's walking through the traffic without paying attention

 

From what I know the jaywalker model is used in the first cutscene with Vincent, but at the same time it's unused because it's always offscreen similarly to furry from drug wars

Interesting find, and I stand corrected. So Rockstar was intending to have us continue walking to the sideline for the Jaywalker to appear in the scene, instead of cutting that part out and skipping till we are there.

 

I guess Vincent would have made a comment about the jaywalker to further bolster up his cause to takeover the LSPD, but it wouldn't have made much sense. Given that we are the biggest criminals not obeying traffic laws.

Edited by Tez2
  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AverageOnlinePlayer

Does anyone remember from before V was out, there was an alleged leak where someone was shown the game in private and it talked about Orange County and franklin going up the coast on a speedophile seeing people partying on the coast and that sort of thing? I’m trying to find this, and I’m not sure where else to post it. Anyone remember this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

universetwisters
3 hours ago, AverageOnlinePlayer said:

Does anyone remember from before V was out, there was an alleged leak where someone was shown the game in private and it talked about Orange County and franklin going up the coast on a speedophile seeing people partying on the coast and that sort of thing? I’m trying to find this, and I’m not sure where else to post it. Anyone remember this?

 

Idk why but that sounds like a fake or something, like how this was uploaded to youtube as the real deal before it got changed to "CONCEPT"
 

 

Do you remember how the leak was worded? Like was it from a journalist in a magazine, someone posting on a forum about it, etc?

 

 

sTgL5iS.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PolandMountain

Probably someone said it already in this thread but it been ten years already. I think the common police car choice (Taurus instead of Crown Victoria) happened because back in 2012-13 people in R* thought the Taurus is going to be the successor to the Crown Vic and for the future proofing they made Taurus as the most common police car. Nobody expected that Taurus is gonna be so niche compared to Crown Vic or Explorer (altough Vics got mostly phased out and even in 2017 Taurus was more common than CVPI). In the end of the day Tahoe is more common sight than a Taurus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Matushka
1 hour ago, PolandMountain said:

Probably someone said it already in this thread but it been ten years already. I think the common police car choice (Taurus instead of Crown Victoria) happened because back in 2012-13 people in R* thought the Taurus is going to be the successor to the Crown Vic and for the future proofing they made Taurus as the most common police car. Nobody expected that Taurus is gonna be so niche compared to Crown Vic or Explorer (altough Vics got mostly phased out and even in 2017 Taurus was more common than CVPI). In the end of the day Tahoe is more common sight than a Taurus.

The stupid thing is they didn't use all cars.

 

They picked one and called it, they literally could've added all 3, the stanier, the interceptor and the buffalo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PolandMountain
29 minutes ago, Matushka said:

The stupid thing is they didn't use all cars.

 

They picked one and called it, they literally could've added all 3, the stanier, the interceptor and the buffalo 

I dont think theres a single soul that would disagree with you on that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Matushka
5 hours ago, PolandMountain said:

I dont think theres a single soul that would disagree with you on that

Btw it's super easy as well, I've sped-run it and (with loading times included) added it in 40 seconds.

 

It's literally that easy.

Edited by Matushka
I achieved this using OpenIV
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DUNK512
8 hours ago, PolandMountain said:

I dont think theres a single soul that would disagree with you on that

I disagree, I'm that single soul.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

do you remember when CarsonGT uploaded gta v beta files, did anyone manage to download them before they were forced to delete everything?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brooklynzsmac
17 hours ago, Asus99 said:

do you remember when CarsonGT uploaded gta v beta files, did anyone manage to download them before they were forced to delete everything?

He never shared any files.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Baiylee
30 minutes ago, Brooklynzsmac said:

He never shared any files.

Except for that video that had audio from various cut missions and altered missions.

 

As far as i'm aware, that's all we got from CarsonGT. I still have it downloaded if anyone would like to see it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yan2295
40 minutes ago, Baiylee said:

I still have it downloaded if anyone would like to see it.

 

FaOjpsC.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Baiylee
18 hours ago, Yan2295 said:

 

FaOjpsC.png

That's of course what I would say if I still had it. Which I definitely do not. Please don't raid me T2.

  • KEKW 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

universetwisters
12 minutes ago, Baiylee said:

That's of course what I would say if I still had it. Which I definitely do not. Please don't raid me T2.

 

But I do!!!!!! DM me if you want a link


T2, please come to my house to do something about it. I formally invite you to punish me for it. It's been so long since I felt the touch from someone else.

sTgL5iS.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jaydeedilla

I remember he shared a link with like hundreds of different audio files somewhere in this thread. Crazy how no one seems to remember that. It's how a lot of the early heist score was found IIRC. Unfortunately I don't have it anymore and part of me glad is for that lol

 

EDIT: found the post. Apparently it was a mega folder where he uploaded a lot of audio onto. It's since been taken down

 

Edited by jaydeedilla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Baiylee
17 hours ago, jaydeedilla said:

I remember he shared a link with like hundreds of different audio files somewhere in this thread. Crazy how no one seems to remember that. It's how a lot of the early heist score was found IIRC. Unfortunately I don't have it anymore and part of me glad is for that lol

 

EDIT: found the post. Apparently it was a mega folder where he uploaded a lot of audio onto. It's since been taken down

 

Someone has to have that folder downloaded somewhere.

 

Man, the whole CarsonGT situation really bums me out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AverageOnlinePlayer
On 3/11/2024 at 6:19 PM, universetwisters said:

 

Idk why but that sounds like a fake or something, like how this was uploaded to youtube as the real deal before it got changed to "CONCEPT"
 

 

Do you remember how the leak was worded? Like was it from a journalist in a magazine, someone posting on a forum about it, etc?

 

 

Yeah it was worded as if it was a gameinformer preview (it wasn’t). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
PauloJz

Slightly off topic, but GTA V actors Shawn Fonteno, Ned Luke and Steven Ogg have stated in interviews that during the development of V, there was always a camera filming behind the scenes. I wonder if this stuff will ever be used. It's crazy to think that, as there are materials worth their weight in gold that have been stored at Rockstar for decades.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.