The GTA V beta hunt

StJimmy

universetwisters
32 minutes ago, MGgames100 said:

Really weird choice, and it's weird that this slipped though. What was Rockstar planning to do with it? And no, it's not the 2020 CnC leftover; it's from 2016.

It's probably a reference to the Regals undercover cops and the FBI would use, which you can read about at this page which links three articles about them.

It's probably a stretch though but I wouldn't be surprised if someone who works at Rockstar who doesn't know much about cars saw the fox body Mustang cop car and said "hmmm I'm sure General Motors definitely had an equivalent to this back then"

sTgL5iS.png

HOW'S ANNIE?
On 1/23/2024 at 7:32 AM, MGgames100 said:

Here is how it looks restored in-game.

Grand_Theft_Auto_V_2024-01-22_15_36_01.p

Really weird choice, and it's weird that this slipped though. What was Rockstar planning to do with it? And no, it's not the 2020 CnC leftover; it's from 2016.

Found by @Bondergomme

Maybe the concept of CnC was toyed with for quite a while in 2016? Considering a police themed DLC had been desired by the community since Online's infancy, I wouldn't be surprised if it had been conceived and shelved more than once.

Spoiler

This is simply amazing, hey I hope it's not too much to ask, but would you mind showing us how the shots that did make into the trailer look like when viewing them like this? just morbid curiosity is all 

• Like 1

HeySlickThatsMe

It appears that in the original CNC mode there were two more factions being worked on - Families and Professionals, that explains the mentions of them on those portfolio UI screenshots (it was the screen with "3d" text that mentioned FAM and PRO factions)

This also explains why both of them have images for "The Boss", and why originally Lamar had a backup option available 

There's was unused Stretch phone contact icon labeled as "MP" and there is a caption that explains it "MP Stretch (Families Car Dropoff)"

Though obviously it seems these factions weren't finished yet and Vagos, Lost MC & Cops had the most work done 

Another interesting thing, but this time we'll go to 2016 - in Further Adventures In Finance And Felony originally you could walk up to your personal assistant in the office and access an option called "Lap Dancer" which would allow you to request up to 4 strippers to enter the office, two of them could be active at once and two players could receive a lapdance in one of the chairs near the TV

This also explains the unused model name I found "MP_F_ExecStrip_01" which is pretty interesting by itself, did they really make a new model for these strippers?

And singleplayer stuff - there's quite a lot of unused character switch scenes like Michael being in a car with a hooker but her exitting (basically a mirror of the switch scene with Tracey, using the same animations), one where Trevor dumps a briefcase into water (which supposedly had bodyparts inside as the caption says), another one where Trevor massages a back of some strip club customer, Franklin approaching a drive thru, Franklin approaching a drag race, Michael drinking alone at afternoon (named "doorstumble" including camera animation that no longer exists) or Trevor throwing up in a car park

Edited by HeySlickThatsMe

HeySlickThatsMe

Continuing the weird trend of totally insane cut content - it sure looks like at some point in GTA Online Development the players could work as prostitutes...

There's commented code and globals for "whoring" which would enable a new menu option in interaction menu, where you can select a "style" and toggle this thing on and off

The style probably refers to the idle animation that is also used by prostitute NPC's, this is also referred to as walkstyle in other comment

While this by itself doesn't mean much, there are infact unused animation files for prostitute idles and their transitions, the idles themselves are copies of existing ones, but the transitions exist in both forms - male and female, and they transition from generic female/male walkstyle to prostitute idle which by itself can be counted as evidence, the animation dictionaries begin with mp_move@prostitute

Additionally there was a drugs menu and a drug dealing toggle, probably both of these features are from original scrapped CNC mode 

ClickSlick

character switch scenes like Michael being in a car with a hooker but her exitting (basically a mirror of the switch scene with Tracey, using the same animations), one where Trevor dumps a briefcase into water (which supposedly had bodyparts inside as the caption says)

I swear I've seen both of these, how do you know they're unused?

From what I recall, Michael even says "just can't bring myself to do it".

Edited by ClickSlick

universetwisters
7 minutes ago, ClickSlick said:

iirc this was Michael walking away from a seedy motel with hookers in it or somethin

• Like 1

sTgL5iS.png

HeySlickThatsMe
9 hours ago, ClickSlick said:

character switch scenes like Michael being in a car with a hooker but her exitting (basically a mirror of the switch scene with Tracey, using the same animations), one where Trevor dumps a briefcase into water (which supposedly had bodyparts inside as the caption says)

I swear I've seen both of these, how do you know they're unused?

It's commented out, the one you're referring to is probably the one where Michael walks outside of a motel

DeGeneratorX
On 1/28/2024 at 5:52 PM, WildBrick142 said:

So, the script for the first GTA V trailer contains unused code for 56 different scenes that have either never made the cut or are earlier versions/concepts for the scenes that did. Unfortunately the important assets such as animations and car recordings do not exist in the final builds of the game so we'll probably never get to see them in full, but the coordinates for camera positions still exist in the script and can be recreated.

----

Every screenshot is taken at 12:00 with whatever random weather was in game at that time, unless said otherwise, since that information is also missing.

That's amazing.

Can you show us the original ones that made into the trailer?

And about the tress, yes, the hiking scene you can clearly see that those trees are just copy-paste. I already theorized this in a 2016 video (11:56) that they just placed the trees just for the trailer : 

I'm afraid that they did the same with the GTA VI trailer.

I guess these finds pretty much confirms that the first trailer was mostly bs, lol

Like everything being motion capture for the trailer and adding possible fake props. Seems rockstar never did this again, though. Thankfully

Edited by Nyfyr
  • Like 3

boomboom5950
13 hours ago, DeGeneratorX said:

That's amazing.

Can you show us the original ones that made into the trailer?

And about the tress, yes, the hiking scene you can clearly see that those trees are just copy-paste. I already theorized this in a 2016 video (11:56) that they just placed the trees just for the trailer : 

I'm afraid that they did the same with the GTA VI trailer.

great video, i remember seeing this a while ago. very informative, good job

• Like 1

DeGeneratorX
10 hours ago, Nyfyr said:

I guess these finds pretty much confirms that the first trailer was mostly bs, lol

Like everything being motion capture for the trailer and adding possible fake props. Seems rockstar never did this again, though. Thankfully

Unfortunately they did the same with the GTA VI, even worse. I doubt so much that the beach scene natural animations are legit. From the 2022 leaks you can already see Lucia in the strip club, and there aren't many people and animations like in 2023 trailer. That scene is just an entire script exclusive for the trailer. Without some crazy futuristic AI tech, there's no way that those motion-captured scenes can happen in one place outside of a mission without a lot of glitches happening.

From 24:03 to 29:12 I talk more about the debug tool that they use in the trailers and promo screenshots, especially to avoid spoilers or mapping. They even remove buildings, mountains, people, place peds, animations, things that you'll never see happening in the retail version. But the devs aren't responsible for this. The people that handle this tool are from the art team. And that's why the devs don't know how the trailer is gonna be. I think even them get hype themselves from things that will never make into the final game when they watch it, or if will make to the final game, probably will be something simpler, or a world event (for example, in GTA V trailer there's a TE QUI LA LA scene, but only one mission takes place in there).

Spoiler

Qo4l0tW.png

Edited by DeGeneratorX

On 2/3/2024 at 12:27 AM, DeGeneratorX said:

Unfortunately they did the same with the GTA VI, even worse. I doubt so much that the beach scene natural animations are legit. From the 2022 leaks you can already see Lucia in the strip club, and there aren't many people and animations like in 2023 trailer. That scene is just an entire script exclusive for the trailer. Without some crazy futuristic AI tech, there's no way that those motion-captured scenes can happen in one place outside of a mission without a lot of glitches happening.

From 24:03 to 29:12 I talk more about the debug tool that they use in the trailers and promo screenshots, especially to avoid spoilers or mapping. They even remove buildings, mountains, people, place peds, animations, things that you'll never see happening in the retail version. But the devs aren't responsible for this. The people that handle this tool are from the art team. And that's why the devs don't know how the trailer is gonna be. I think even them get hype themselves from things that will never make into the final game when they watch it, or if will make to the final game, probably will be something simpler, or a world event (for example, in GTA V trailer there's a TE QUI LA LA scene, but only one mission takes place in there).

Hide contents

Qo4l0tW.png

Eh. I think the animations in the VI trailer are real. They only did some trickery to get all of those in that one spot at the beach for us to see. You had the ex gta developer on YT who said that they may remove other assets short term to get an extra amount of npcs in one shot. I dont think VI is bullsh*t because none of the RDR2 trailers had fake animations in them.

To pull it back on topic, I believe the GTA V trailer was a product of its time. I remember this was an era where multiple video games had super flashy trailers and other stuff that would never make it into the game, and it seems the first GTA V trailer was no different.

Edited by Nyfyr
  • Like 4

TurtleeyGTA

Not exactly beta content, but one of the environment artists must be a big fan of beat poetry. The Chianski mountains are named after Charles Bukowski's alter ego, and Duluoz Ave is named after Jack Kerouac's alter ego.

• Like 2

TurtleeyGTA

COKExWV.jpeg

Interesting how these streets changed.

EDIT: I'm looking at this in more detail. Either the UCLA campus didn't exist, or it was cut straight through by Mapleton Dr. There's lots of odd seams in this area the longer you look at it. They added another street (the unnamed dead end) and tried to salvage whatever used to be there with sh*tty dirt paths lol

EDIT2: The Vinewood Bowl didn't end in a parking lot. The road kept going through what is now the ranger station and connected straight to Baytree Canyon. Conversely, the observatory was a dead end - there was a triangular intersection where Sisyphus Theater is, leading up to the observatory, but no connection to Mt Vinewood Dr. They copied that intersection and moved it northwest (where the tunnel is), created West Galileo road, and shifted East Galileo to allow the theater. Weirdly, the concept map isn't accurate to real life at all and the final version is very accurate. In my head, this implies there was a debate between gameplay and accuracy and the latter won.

The road to the Vinewood sign was more direct and started on Baytree Canyon. The position of the three docked cargo ships (The Sea Urchin, SS Bulker, and Octopus) is unchanged, but there was supposed to be a fourth one & a pier where the drydocks are.

Edited by TurtleeyGTA

BethanyBoned
On 12/25/2023 at 3:36 AM, MGgames100 said:

First cut song found in the source code

\src\dev_ng\game\audio\radiotrack.cpp

First cut song from any GTAO DLC in fact. Seems to be very late cut

Ooh. I’m fascinated if anyone digs up any other cut songs. Obviously this one was for The K.U.L.T. FM (aka the best DLC Radio station we’ve gotten.)

Do we have a possible number of cut songs from the DLC stations and could it be possible any Santos Surf songs are on the source code? 

Honestly I just care about the cut radio songs, vehicles and cut single player DLCs…

Agent Edward
On 2/2/2024 at 8:27 PM, DeGeneratorX said:

Reveal hidden contents

Qo4l0tW.png

I don't think that GTA6's trailer had as much bs as you're saying though, maybe the beach scenes with a lot of npcs and the swamp scenes with a lot of flamingos are exaggerated compared to the final version of the game in 2025, but that's it, no other scene looks out of the ordinary, not to mention that the game's graphics are pretty RDR2-ish with improvements like sun flares, which leaves the room open to improvements in other areas such as population density, considering the much more powerful hardware that the game is being made for.

Edited by Agent Edward
  • Like 3

HeySlickThatsMe

More GTA O stuff:

It appears that aircraft carriers were infact planned as a property at some point.
There exists a reference of "upcoming aircraft carrier" post launch feature that's available in debug builds only, and actual references to it's slot.

#IF IS_DEBUG_BUILD
                CONST_INT FEATURE_TEMP_UPCOMING_AIRCRAFT_CARRIER	0 // temp name for in developement pack aircraft carrier to facilitate setting up more generic property queries
                #ENDIF

#IF FEATURE_TEMP_UPCOMING_AIRCRAFT_CARRIER
		CASE PROPERTY_OWNED_SLOT_AIR_CARRIER
		#ENDIF

Thanksgiving DLC feature is listed after the original 2015 halloween surprise update, this means that Thanksgiving was probably supposed to come out at that time. Alongside that, the Running Back gamemode is using a thanksgiving variable, and Every Bullet Counts is called "Thanksgiving Dinner".

//CONST_INT FEATURE_HALLOWEEN_CONTENT 			1 		// Halloween Pack
//CONST_INT FEATURE_THANKSGIVING_CONTENT 			1		// Thanksgiving Pack
//CONST_INT FEATURE_XMAS_2015						1 		// Christmas 2015

CASE CM_ADVERSARY_TYPE_RUNNING_BACK                    RETURN g_sMPTunables.bTurnOnThanksgivingAfterPromoInvite

// Thanksgiving Dinner
IF IS_THIS_ROCKSTAR_MISSION_NEW_VS_Ebc(g_FMMC_STRUCT.iRootContentIDHash)
PRINTLN("[CORONA][LH][TEAMNAMES] SHOULD_CORONA_TEAM_MISSION_SIMULATE_SINGLE_PLAYER_TEAMS - Returning True - Every Bullet Counts")
RETURN TRUE

There's another one called feature_wanted_system and if we trace it back to the source it reveals a dev comment saying that it's from 2015, but along that there's mentions of crook and cops here. So this is probably from the scrapped "mpcnc" (not mparc1 from 2020).

#IF IS_DEBUG_BUILD
CONST_INT FEATURE_WANTED_SYSTEM 					0 		// GTAO Wanted System Test
#ENDIF

// *****************************************
//		WANTED SYSTEM GLOBALS - JA (18/8/15)
// *****************************************

#IF IS_DEBUG_BUILD
#IF FEATURE_WANTED_SYSTEM

ENUM WANTED_SYSTEM_GLOBAL_STATE
	WS_GLOBAL_INITIALISATION = 0,
	WS_GLOBAL_IDLE,
	WS_GLOBAL_SETUP,
	WS_GLOBAL_RUNNING,
	WS_GLOBAL_CLEANUP
ENDENUM

ENUM WANTED_SYSTEM_ROLE
	WS_NONE,
	WS_COP,
	WS_CROOK
ENDENUM

ENUM WANTED_SYSTEM_CRIME_STATE
	WS_CRIME_COMMITTED,
	WS_CRIME_SPOTTED_LOCAL,
	WS_CRIME_TAGGED,
	WS_CRIME_LOST
ENDENUM

Another one is called Synced Interactions, it probably means special actions that would require two players near each other to use, this kinda exists in team based gamemodes but is not in freemode.

//CONST_INT FEATURE_SYNCED_INTERACTIONS			1		// heists

Another which mentions updates to passive mode, and dev comment saying it would let you go passive mode against an individual player.

//CONST_INT FEATURE_GRIEF_PASSIVE						1		// Allows players to go passive against 
															// individual players to prevent griefing

"Personal car and modshop for biker and import export" no clue what this is as we already have a personal modshop in those properties.

//CONST_INT FEATURE_PERSONAL_CAR_MOD				1		// Personal car mod shop for biker and import export

"New Coronas" apparently the mission markers would get an update at some point, no clue in what way exactly though, but there is some code related to that.

//CONST_INT FEATURE_NEW_CORONAS							1		//New coronas

Classic Freemode was also another cut feature which seems to have been worked on sometime near the Contract dlc, looks like it would disable most of the dlc features, unlock all phone contacts by default and such.

CONST_INT FEATURE_FIXER						1

CONST_INT FEATURE_FREEMODE_CLASSIC			0

CONST_INT FEATURE_DLC_1_2022				1

The known cut Apartment Customization is also briefly mentioned, interestingly enough it's listed as jobs pack, the scrapped mpjobs?

CONST_INT FEATURE_APARTMENT_FURNITURE			0		// job pack

The Heist DLC Yacht is referred to as Chumash Yacht so for some reason they changed the location to Del Perro, for reference the singleplayer one is called "Yacht Near Pier" in the same file.

IF IS_BIT_SET(g_FMMC_STRUCT.iIPLOptions, IPL_YACHT_CHUMASH)
        REQUEST_IPL("hei_yacht_heist")
        REQUEST_IPL("hei_yacht_heist_enginrm")
        REQUEST_IPL("hei_yacht_heist_Lounge")
        REQUEST_IPL("hei_yacht_heist_Bridge")
        REQUEST_IPL("hei_yacht_heist_Bar")
        REQUEST_IPL("hei_yacht_heist_Bedrm")
        SET_BIT(g_TransitionSessionNonResetVars.iFMMC_IPL_Bitset, ciFMMC_IPL_YachtChumash)
        SET_AMBIENT_ZONE_LIST_STATE_PERSISTENT("AZL_DLC_HEI_MILO_YACHT_ZONES",TRUE,TRUE)
        PRINTLN("[MC_Interiors] pre game - adding yacht near chumash ipl")
        BLOCK_BUILDING_CONTROLLER_ON_MISSION(TRUE)
    ENDIF

Lastly there is confirmation that gym activities were supposed to appear in Further Adventures In Finance And Felony.

CONST_INT FEATURE_NEW_GYM_ACTIVITIES     		0		// apartment pack 2

boomboom5950
23 hours ago, Agent Edward said:

I don't think that GTA6's trailer had as much bs as you're saying though, maybe the beach scenes with a lot of npcs and the swamp scenes with a lot of flamingos are exaggerated compared to the final version of the game in 2025, but that's it, no other scene looks out of the ordinary, not to mention that the game's graphics are pretty RDR2-ish with improvements like sun flares, which leaves the room open to improvements in other areas such as population density, considering the much more powerful hardware that the game is being made for.

they have also been developing gta 6 for years before they showed the trailer too. The GTA V trailer was clearly shown way before it was ready, the graphics looked like a polished GTA 4, map had holes in it, cut content everywhere... apparently at the time they made the trailer they were struggling with the game performance, i remember reading somewhere that the game was running at like 9 fps at the time of the trailer in 2011

• Like 3

Agent Edward
5 hours ago, boomboom5950 said:

they have also been developing gta 6 for years before they showed the trailer too. The GTA V trailer was clearly shown way before it was ready, the graphics looked like a polished GTA 4, map had holes in it, cut content everywhere... apparently at the time they made the trailer they were struggling with the game performance, i remember reading somewhere that the game was running at like 9 fps at the time of the trailer in 2011

Yup, GTA5's first trailer was posted when it had only 1 year of development more or less, meanwhile GTA6's trailer was posted when it was already being developed for 5-6 years, it ain't hard to tell how it will beat the previous game in every possible way.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 9:52 PM, WildBrick142 said:

So, the script for the first GTA V trailer contains unused code for 56 different scenes that have either never made the cut or are earlier versions/concepts for the scenes that did. Unfortunately the important assets such as animations and car recordings do not exist in the final builds of the game so we'll probably never get to see them in full, but the coordinates for camera positions still exist in the script and can be recreated.

----

Every screenshot is taken at 12:00 with whatever random weather was in game at that time, unless said otherwise, since that information is also missing.

AltFirstShot
A scenery shot of the city, viewed from above Vespucci Beach.

Reveal hidden contents

LGJI7AC.png

AltFirstShot2
A scenery shot of the city, viewed from Tataviam Mountains.

Reveal hidden contents

TQFhcR3.png

AltFirstShot3
A scenery shot of the city, viewed from above the El Burro Heights scrapyard.

Reveal hidden contents

821Cj3l.png

AltFirstShot4
A scenery shot of the city, viewed from Maze Bank Arena.

Reveal hidden contents

WOUuMry.png

stageBikes
A shot of cyclists on the road next to Yellow Jack Inn. Since none of the animations exist, all you can see is the camera movement.

Reveal hidden contents

6a1pCnc.png

stageBikes2
As above, but from a slightly higher angle, and the camera moves faster.

stageBikes3
Similar to the above but viewed from a different position and moving from point to point.

Reveal hidden contents

eu3Onoq.png

stageCarousel
Just a shot of the ferris wheel at Del Perro Pier. I feel like it was supposed to take place at night to show off the lights.

Reveal hidden contents

Tzs1UGS.png

stageCarousel_B
As above, but at the ground level.

stageChase
An early version of the red Rapid GT Cabrio city chase... except it takes place on the Western Highway.

Reveal hidden contents

GpMqnPP.png

The set piece spans all the way from the South Chumash to the tunnel exit at Fort Zancudo. This one is very notable because it left behind some evidence of an early version of the map from 2011! Halfway through the set piece, the spawned traffic cars take a shortcut under the mountains, and then go high above the Lago Zancudo bridge. Unfortunately the car recordings no longer exist, but their initial positions are enough I'd say.

mfOM9hH.png

It seems the Lago Zancudo bridge was originally very tall, and only 2-lanes wide. As for the highway, it was more or less the same as the final, just slightly more to the east right before the bridge. The car recordings included the path for all traffic vehicles, the path for the chase car, the path for the police car, and 3 different paths for an invisible Maverick used for the camera position (hence why we don't even have that here) that the devs could choose from. The player would be spawned inside of the the Police Cruiser, I assume to help stream in the map since the car itself would still be playing back the recording without needing the player's input.

stageCombine1
In case there was still any doubt that the Combine Harvester existed, now there's no reason to.

Reveal hidden contents

Unfortunately because the car recordings do not exist, it's impossible to find out how the scene looked. The script spawns a combine harvester (replaced with a tractor) and a farmer driving it. As it would drive it would emit special particle effects (made for the trailer) for the ground and the header and auger. Even the model name was substituted for a tractor, this is because the code was not commented out and a nonexistent model name would prevent all scripts from compiling (and if you don't believe me, try telling me the seaplane at 0:27 and the fighter jet at 1:00 are both a Cuban 800).

Another notable thing is that the camera starts underground. I imagine this field (to the west of Stoner Cement Works) looked a little different back then.

WiNRLce.png

stageCombine2
Second possible take for the combine harvester scene. Takes place at Grapeseed. As above, no vehicle, recording, or particles exist.

Reveal hidden contents

QlW4T58.png

stageCombine3
Third possible take for the combine harvester scene. Takes place off the highway east of Paleto Bay. Not sure if the combine would be driving on the road, or the fields off in the background.

Reveal hidden contents

bU2s01n.png

A notable thing is that in the final game the field you're looking at here has a scenario of a Fieldmaster with a sand rake. Could it have been a Combine Harvester originally?

stageCWalker1
A scenery shot of Tequi-La-La exterior.

Reveal hidden contents

p8MNeMg.png

stageCWalker2
A scenery shot of an alleyway near Vespucci Beach.

Reveal hidden contents

LDj4vtL.png

stageCWalker3
A scenery shot of the B.J. Smith Recreation Center.

Reveal hidden contents

kvJ0SPy.png

stageDuster1
First possible take for the Duster scene. Takes place at the vineyards, just like the third take (that ended up chosen for the trailer). Next to the road, and the camera would follow the Duster horizontally. Seems the terrain was slightly different because the camera is placed underground. For demo purposes, the time of day is set to the same time as the scene that made it to the final trailer (18:00).
Car recordings? I wish.

Reveal hidden contents

iZrJSJm.png

stageDuster2
Second possible take for the Duster scene. Also at vineyards but at a different location, and the camera would follow the Duster vertically. Terrain slightly different here too. For demo purposes, the time of day is set to the same time as the scene that made it to the final trailer (18:00).

Reveal hidden contents

kYS2jCa.png

stageGangBangers1
The scene at 0:35 in the final trailer, but takes place at the Strawberry car wash instead. Animations do not exist.

Reveal hidden contents

4RBfiR8.png

stageGangBangers2
As above, but a little down the street.

stageGangBangers3
As above, except this one takes place in the alleyway from Repossession.

Reveal hidden contents

wGdvIEx.png

stageGangBangersNew2
Still the same two guys, but now at their final location. Just further down the street, though, at the front door to Tequi-La-La.

Reveal hidden contents

1kFzYp3.png

stageHiking1
First take of the hiking scene. Set at the Zancudo River. Terrain has changed quite a bit as the peds are spawned completely underground and the camera is fully obstructed by vegetation. For demo purposes, the time of day is set to the same time as the scene that made it to the final trailer (16:00).

stageHikingNew
Another take of the hiking scene. This one is at the Chiliad Wilderness. Terrain here also appears to have changed a bit since the peds spawn slightly underground. For demo purposes, the time of day is set to the same time as the scene that made it to the final trailer (16:00).

Reveal hidden contents

nq4Zyxp.png

stageJogVenice
A scenery shot of the Vespucci Beach. Not too notable. Going by the name it was probably supposed to have joggers in it. Either that or just showing off regular ped traffic.

stageLastShot
A scenery shot of the city. For some reason the Mallard is spawned in the air but there's literally no code to tell it to fly or follow a recording or anything. It's just spawned there and it immediately crashes to the ground lol. But I guess it was planned to fly across the screen.

Reveal hidden contents

ZVBGaqo.png

stageLDArm2
A scenery shot of the garage from Repossession.

Reveal hidden contents

xATfCxl.png

In case anyone is curious:
LD = Level Design (most likely)
Arm2 = Armenian2 = Repossession

stageLDHollywoodBowl
A scenery shot of the Vinewood Bowl.

Reveal hidden contents

Kkq5Eyl.png

stageLDMovingCranes
A scenery shot of the Terminal cranes.

Reveal hidden contents

kqbhA2W.png

stageLDPacker
This is the scene that led Alice to every other scene in this post... A shot of the Packer from Pack Man. A few interesting takeways from this one.

Reveal hidden contents

First, it uses a vehicle recording that thankfully does exist in the files (and as a matter of fact, there is another unused car recording made for the first trailer but not referenced ANYWHERE in the code) so we can see the truck's path. It turned towards the pier.

ld94oqW.png

Rockstar must have been very fond of the whole car stealing arc and the Pack Man mission. This scene was cut from the first trailer. Then they released an official screenshot. Then it was seen driving in the second trailer...
The vehicle colors you see in the screenshots/video are not "wrong" or random. Those are (were) the colors those cars officially had at one point. There are separate variables for the color of each car that are completely unused outside of the trailer 1 script. However it is likely that color ID's were shifted sometime between the trailer and the final game.

The cars were spawned on the trailer by spawning and attaching the actual car models to it, instead of using the "TR4" that the final game uses. Now that we also know that TR4 was originally a trailer with a covered up Vulkan on it, I suspect the mission would originally spawn actual copies of all cars (instead of just the Monroe and JB700) on the regular car trailer but potential memory issues forced them to make the new TR4 with undrivable lowpoly copies of the cars permanently attached.

There is another camera angle that was considered, commented out.

stageMichael
While this scene DID make it to the trailer, there is an early version of that scene fully commented out. It was MUCH further zoomed in, and would zoom out over time, instead of being at a fixed angle. The original version also played a specially made-for-trailer animation (which, even earlier, reused a guard idle animation from The Bureau Raid), while the one that made it to the final trailer was actually an entire cutscene made specifically for the trailer.

Reveal hidden contents

89qTirA.png

stageOilFields
Murrieta Heights scene from a different location. A (deleted) car recording would have a Bodhi drive past here. For demo purposes, the time of day is set to the same as the shot that made it to the final trailer (21:00).

Reveal hidden contents

nwVUE8D.png

stageOilFields2
As above, but from a very slightly different camera angle.

stageOilFields3
Also as above, but from a different location.

Reveal hidden contents

OkhQ4T6.png

stageSouthCentral
Crossing the street in Strawberry, near Denise's house.

stageSubmarine
At the docks. This scene would have a submarine surface(?). What's notable is that this shot would have used the "submarine" model, not the "submersible" (two separate vehicles, just so there's no confusion). It's also fully commented out, which is what allowed the "submarine" to avoid the fate of the Ctrl + H.

Reveal hidden contents

For demonstration purposes, instead of using a vehicle, a submarine prop from The Doomsday Heist DLC has been used. Since the "submarine" does not exist, the Submersible is too small (the code expects a LARGE sub, since the code stops moving it up at z: -7.5), and the Kosatka is too large to even fit on screen.

E5nTReL.png

Personally I feel like the cut submarine was based on the one you can find at the Merryweather base. That same submarine also appears as an underwater wreck.

stageTaco1
A scene of a stationary Taco Van deep in Vagos territory.

Reveal hidden contents

BewnDgx.png

stageTaco2
Another scene of a Taco Van, in Cypress Flats, this one featured peds buying tacos from the truck. Animations do not exist since they were made for the trailer. The existence of this leads me to belive that buying tacos/food from vendors was still a thing in 2011.

Reveal hidden contents

And aside from that, a thing of note is that all 3 taco truck scenes are forcing both of the back doors open, instead of the side door. I suspect that originally the back doors were not openable, and the side door (which is a "trunk" door in the final game) was originally two separate doors that could have each half opened individually.

4ouwCe8.png

(With open side door)

stageTaco3
Same as above, but a different camera angle. (With open side door)

stageTheHills
The hills next to the observatory, the camera moves up to reveal a glimpse of the entire city.

stageTraffic
A scene of the traffic on the freeway above the LS Storm Drain. Nothing to note really.

stageTraffic2
Different angle of the above.

Reveal hidden contents

2Y9SngA.png

stageTraffic3
Traffic, at a different location. Nothing to note either.

stageTrain
Train passing by in La Mesa. A seemingly last-minute removal, as unlike every other scene here, this one was set up for the devs to play while recording. So it's also officially known that this scene would take place at 21:00.

Reveal hidden contents

EA8WAdQ.png

stageTrainB
As above, but from a lower angle.

stageTrevorsTrailer
A shot of Trevor's trailer. I don't know if the Towtruck here was a placeholder or intended decoration. Bit of a shame that never made it, we've seen Michael and Franklin, even if we would not see Trevor in this shot, a teaser of his existence would have been nice.

Reveal hidden contents

stageYacht
A shot of the yacht during Daddy's Little Girl. The trailer would have played a cutscene from that mission, possibly for the sake of the Seasharks which are built in to the cutscene. That cutscene (family_2_mcs_3p3) does not exist anymore unfortunately, so for demonstration's sake the final cutscene (family_2_mcs_3) has been played.

Reveal hidden contents

YRGTo3A.png

stageYogaBigPark
One of the many shots of the Yoga scene that were considered for the trailer. Someone really wanted to sell us on Yoga... Anyway, this one is at Vespucci Beach. Animations do not exist, since the animations they played were specifically made for the trailer. This is the case for every single yoga scene below. For demo purposes (of all the yoga scenes, the time of day is set to the same time as the scene that made it to the final trailer (16:00).

Reveal hidden contents

bDWSX6X.png

stageYogaHouse
Yoga scene, across the street from Michael's House.

Reveal hidden contents

1TLdgv8.png

stageYogaHouse2
As above, but a different camera angle.

stageyogaNew1
Strangely, this one's at Franklin's House.

stageyogaNew2
Ditto, but by the pool.

stageyogaNew3
...and right outside the bedroom.

stageyogaNew4
Outside the bedroom again, but a slightly different camera angle.

stageyogaNew5
Yoga at a different house, for some reason both ped's initial spawns are in the middle of the swimming pool.

Reveal hidden contents

InY5Ytv.png

stageyogaPark
Finally, this one is at Mirror Park.

Reveal hidden contents

FTdB1Hv.png

A video of all the above scenes playing out:

And now some more extras, notes, and fun facts

• The burning Police Cruiser scene at 1:08 had an entire line of traffic cars and even extra police officers that you don't get to see because of the fire. And despite the scene being called "CrashedCar2," what actually happened is a Police Cruiser was blown up by script while there's two other Police Cruisers making a roadblock.
  • The chase scene at 1:04 where the red Rapid GT Cabrio hits a Cognoscenti Cabrio is scripted only for the Police Cruiser and the Rapid GT Cabrio. The rest of the traffic was an "instant fill," as in the game spawns in the actual world population. So this confirms that the Cognoscenti Cabrio was at one point a vehicle that could spawn in traffic.
  • The oil rig scene at 1:02 was supposed to have a Cargo Plane flying by. Since it was on a car recording that no longer exists, we'll never know where the plane was.
  • The beggar scene at 0:57 originally had a female beggar next to him.
  • The Phoenix in the scene at 0:55 was at one point considered to be Silver (ID 4), then Blaze Red (ID 30), before finally being settled on Rolled Steel (ID 6). A night version (at exactly midnight) of the scene was considered at one point as well.
  • The Boxville in the foreclosure scene at 0:54 was not scripted. The only vehicle spawned for that scene was the Futo.
  • The scene at 0:49 is for some reason called "stageChase2," despite it being simply a Sentinel driving around. That Sentinel also spawns with color ID 68, which is Surf Blue in the final game and is nowhere near as dark as it was in the trailer. That is also why I believe the colors were shifted, since ID 68 is the same ID the Cheetah spawns in in "stageLDPacker" and the trailer's Sentinel appears to be the exact same shade of blue as the final Cheetah. Also, all of the traffic (or rather, what you barely see of it) is a scripted set piece involving 40 vehicles and up to 9 different camera angles, so there must have been quite a few potential takes. Further adding to the oddities, the traffic set piece cars spawned on the stretch of road in front of the Oriental Theater do not respect the traffic markings. Since traffic set pieces are usually recordings of the actual game traffic at that time, this could give us a hint on a minor layout change.
  • The traffic scene at 0:31 literally does not exist. Spooky. As seen above, it's not any of the 3 unused traffic scenes.
  • The windmills scene at 0:27 has an unused alternate variation where the weather is clearing after rain.
  • There was another earlier scene of the red Rapid GT Cabrio at 0:22, but no code for it exists anymore besides a commented out stage ID. I speculate that this would have used that one leftover car recording I mentioned back at "stageLDPacker," which would also mean that the original take of the Rapid GT Cabrio scene would have taken place at the exit to Vespucci Canals. I suspect as much because that car recording has 3 variations: 1, unused, a vehicle stopping ; 2, Pack Man Packer ; 3, Rapid GT Cabrio stopping at red light. Playing back that recording in game also appears to fit the Rapid GT Cabrio.
  • Many scenes (in the final trailer) that show scenery have special IPL's specifically made and loaded for the trailer. This, for example, includes the shots at 0:20 and 0:12 which have nothing notable going on up close. What if, *puts on tinfoil hat*, all the trees never actually existed to begin with?

Great post. I'm really excited to see if the assets will leak as well. We could possibly see all the unused trailer shots with animations then. :D

DeGeneratorX
On 2/5/2024 at 12:44 AM, Agent Edward said:

Stripclub scene too.

The other scenes, ok, I think they will make into the final game.

The beach scene, stripclub and grassrivers, yes, they have increased the population, everyone knows that, but the animations (at least most of them) you won't see in free roam (or will be just isolated random world events). I think they are all mocap just lke the jogging scene from GTA V trailer 1.

The amount of npcs in one single interior (stripclub) with animations that don't collide or interfere with each other when NPCs are passing by are insane. How will the player even be able to move in this place? It's just a script, man. Rockstar didn't do this in RDR2 trailer because the main focus of that game is the story and envoiriment. They rarely showed footage of Saint Denis in their trailers.

Ok, they are developing VI for like 5-6 years. But, with that in mind, you can already tell that those animations won't be present in free roam. Because in the leaks, the same stripclub doesn't have a ton of animations like in the trailer. That's gonna be almost the final product. Because the non-missions NPCs and animations together with the city development are the first things that they develop. You can see in the same jogging scene from GTA V trailer that, in the background, a npc is walking with the same animation that made into the final game. So, in 2011, they already finished the NPCs part, years before the reselase just like boomboom said.

In conclusion: If they are advanced in development, you can tell that what you saw on free roam NPCs in the leaks, will be the final product or very close to it.

Agent Edward
4 minutes ago, DeGeneratorX said:

Stripclub scene too.

The other scenes, ok, I think they will make into the final game.

The beach scene, stripclub and grassrivers, yes, they have increased the population, everyone knows that, but the animations (at least most of them) you won't see in free roam (or will be just isolated random world events). I think they are all mocap just lke the jogging scene from GTA V trailer 1.

The amount of npcs in one single interior (stripclub) with animations that don't collide or interfere with each other when NPCs are passing by are insane. How will the player even be able to move in this place? It's just a script, man. Rockstar didn't do this in RDR2 trailer because the main focus of that game is the story and envoiriment. They rarely showed footage of Saint Denis in their trailers.

Ok, they are developing VI for like 5-6 years. But, with that in mind, you can already tell that those animations won't be present in free roam. Because in the leaks, the same stripclub doesn't have a ton of animations like in the trailer. That's gonna be almost the final product. Because the non-missions NPCs and animations together with the city development are the first things that they develop. You can see in the same jogging scene from GTA V trailer that, in the background, a npc is walking with the same animation that made into the final game. So, in 2011, they already finished the NPCs part, years before the reselase just like boomboom said.

In conclusion: If they are advanced in development, you can tell that what you saw on free roam NPCs in the leaks, will be the final product or very close to it.

Take a look at the population density in a single place in this mission in RDR2, this in a PS4, then you'll understand why the strip club scene is realistic.

Benefactor69

Since the source code leak confirmed that a North Yankton DLC was at least planned at one point, does anybody think this old image was related to that?

It's a snowy looking environment with the Bison from V and the graphics remind me of old PS3 era images of GTA V. Supposedly it came from someone's portfolio so it could just be a personal project, but the assets from V and snowy look make me wonder what it really was.

When it was originally posted there was discussion about it being somewhere in the current map but it doesn't really look like a match to me. It most reminds me of the area north of the Alamo Sea but I'm not sure why they'd have put snow on the ground there, and I don't recognize the cabin to the left either. When it was originally posted back then I don't think it was known that a North Yankton DLC was actually considered by Rockstar either.

An image of the cancelled Liberty City DLC was discovered through an artist's portfolio so it's not unprecedented for things like that to happen.

BU7R5W6.jpeg

On 6/7/2017 at 3:54 PM, OhMrZack said:

Found this on a portfolio, thoughts? look like North Yankton could've been a thing!

-http://imgur.com/a/CmPBH

• Like 12

Agent Edward
27 minutes ago, Benefactor69 said:

Since the source code leak confirmed that a North Yankton DLC was at least planned at one point, does anybody think this old image was related to that?

It's a snowy looking environment with the Bison from V and the graphics remind me of old PS3 era images of GTA V. Supposedly it came from someone's portfolio so it could just be a personal project, but the assets from V and snowy look make me wonder what it really was.

When it was originally posted there was discussion about it being somewhere in the current map but it doesn't really look like a match to me. It most reminds me of the area north of the Alamo Sea but I'm not sure why they'd have put snow on the ground there, and I don't recognize the cabin to the left either. When it was originally posted back then I don't think it was known that a North Yankton DLC was actually considered by Rockstar either.

An image of the cancelled Liberty City DLC was discovered through an artist's portfolio so it's not unprecedented for things like that to happen.

BU7R5W6.jpeg

Those graphics are pretty RDR1-ish, it's almost like this was made in 2010-2011.

Edited by Agent Edward

Anyone find code related to cops busting non-player peds/NPCs? 

I'd really like to restore that function.

HeySlickThatsMe
6 hours ago, Benefactor69 said:

BU7R5W6.jpeg

This is most definitely Agent and it's Alpine level (the scrapped game), the graphics look really IV'ish 

• Like 1

Spider-Vice
8 hours ago, Benefactor69 said:

the assets from V and snowy look make me wonder what it really was.

I have a feeling this is Agent, yeah. Remember that some GTA V vehicles already had versions done as far back as GTA IV: TBoGT.

• Like 6

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

On 2/5/2024 at 6:28 PM, HeySlickThatsMe said:

"Personal car and modshop for biker and import export" no clue what this is as we already have a personal modshop in those properties.

We always had a personal mod shop for bikes for the MC Clubhouses, but none for the Import/Export garages, far as I'm aware that ended up being added to the CEO Office Garages.