3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

The GTA V beta hunt

StJimmy

Legomanarthur

car crash physics where different, looks like they where an upgraded version of 4's car crash physics

dzfq6f.gif

fnzhqo.gif

If only... I hope we will have these on NG version.

Anyway nice thread! I love discovering cut things from grand theft auto games! :D

Benefactor69

Somewhere it was said that NG versions of the game will have "Improved damage models".

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

dzfq6f.jpg

Windows still shattered as they did in GTA IV. Note the rear quarter window of the minivan.

car crash physics where different, looks like they where an upgraded version of 4's car crash physics

dzfq6f.gif

fnzhqo.gif

When the Hell did you get here?

and no, not that different, head to side collisions can be like that.

zuckmeslow

dzfq6f.gif

fnzhqo.gif

dzfq6f.gif

11vsayq.gif

dzfq6f.gif

fnzhqo.gif

dzfq6f.gif

11vsayq.gif

I know, but trust me sometimes the collisions will be weird and actually have deformation

My notes on GTA V vehicles damages models/physics

It appears that the Rhino tank does the 'best' car damages/deformations (test it). it's like stomping on a metal can! Next is the train.

The most unaffected/rigid parts of any vehicle is the passengers section (sides & roof)

There's a point to where you can't access a vehicle if it's severly deformed.

Physical damages affects performance: stuck tires, wheels take-off, engine damage and gas leak

Don't forget that 100% armor upgrade decreases all the above.

IMO GTA IV damage models/physics was better than GTA V. Hopfully, it would be even better for PS4, Xbox1 and PC

• Like 3

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember an article saying that the Karen Rebel was Trevor's personal truck at one time. Can anyone back me up on this?

Darth_Starkiller

Well, the first ever published said "Trevor hopped in his Canis Bodhi truck", so, probably not. Though R* erroneuosly called it his truck during patch notes, but it was the clean version.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember an article saying that the Karen Rebel was Trevor's personal truck at one time. Can anyone back me up on this?

You're getting it confused for this screen, which seemed to recreate the scene the GI article told about, but yes as Starkiller said, its been his Bodhi since, well forever.

Trevor-truck-fire-GTAV.jpg

Darth_Starkiller

I just found something. Apparently, the model for the female Families member seen in the NG trailer exists in the console version, but is unused.

YYGwbV2.png

Edited by Darth_Starkiller
  • Like 2

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

stjimmy3, I guess I was thinking of that image. My mistake.

The early barbershop was slightly different and had a tiled floor:

0_0.jpg

Blackous666

I just found something. Apparently, the model for the female Families member seen in the NG trailer exists in the console version, but is unused.

YYGwbV2.png

BETA KENDL FROM SA? Kendl_Johnson_BETA.png

Because every black man in jeans and tank top is CJ and every black girl from Families is Kendl :bored:

hellfury66

i wonder if the flame thrower was planed to be put in the game for trevor mike and franklin to buy. at all ammunation gun stores and to be useed as a weapon in gta5. becuse when i go to the gun store the clerk will some times say can you belive i sold a flame thrower to a pregnet lady. and also it is seen and used in the rightuse slauter 7 video game jimmy plays on his tv in his room. also they show the cut fire axe and hydra jet and very differant looking assault rife thats not sold in any gun store in the same game that jimmy plays.

universetwisters

I remember either the hipster update added a clean Rebel to southernsanandreasautos.com and it was called "Trevor's Karen Rebel", but that's all I know of.

AzelfandQuilava

YYGwbV2.png

Interesting, shame they don't spawn with the other members. Actually it's a shame the female members barely spawn anyway, cause with the amount of coward male NPCs on the streets, it's cool to see a girl shoot at you instead for once...

@stjimmy3

E

HAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA SO FUNNY UR DA KING HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Darth_Starkiller

YYGwbV2.png

Interesting, shame they don't spawn with the other members. Actually it's a shame the female members barely spawn anyway, cause with the amount of coward male NPCs on the streets, it's cool to see a girl shoot at you instead for once...

The model seems a bit unfinished though, there is a sudden color change above the logo and a glitched green symbol.

YYGwbV2.png

How do you access that player model change menu?

OT: maybe we can find more beta material in the NG version (like the beta multiplayer maps in the mobile version of GTA III)

Edited by Last

Reading through this thread, AND ALL THE THINGS THEY REMOVED is pissing me off. Good find, but can't come back here.

God, it reminds me of all the hype that I had for this game. Makes me realize that R* defenders are wrong. My hype wasn't too high, they just took out sh*t that got me hyped in the first f*cking place.

Darth_Starkiller

It's a trainer I saw on YouTube. Wish I had a modded console, lots of cool stuff, like accessing North Yankton.

Geeteeaifive

I know one thing for sure, all things that we're cut will return in next gen consoles and pc release, if not, WELL THEN, massive disappoint =\ Then there's always MODS. FOR PEECEEEE master race prease. Blond hair/dark blond, from blue eyes to grey = master race. Dark hair and dark eyes = non master race. It has nothing to do with inferiority or racism. Stop dying your hair blond and putting on bright eye contacts, wannabe master race. U don't just buy a pc and proclaim youre one with the master race. If you've owned a console as long or longer than pc, you're not master race. Man i wrote bunch of nonsense.

Edited by Geeteeaifive

Reading through this thread, AND ALL THE THINGS THEY REMOVED is pissing me off. Good find, but can't come back here.

God, it reminds me of all the hype that I had for this game. Makes me realize that R* defenders are wrong. My hype wasn't too high, they just took out sh*t that got me hyped in the first f*cking place.

Good, I don't like negativity, thanks for making the smart decision in not coming back

I know one thing for sure, all things that we're cut will return in next gen consoles and pc release, if not, WELL THEN, massive disappoint =\ Then there's always MODS. FOR PEECEEEE master race prease. Blond hair/dark blond, from blue eyes to grey = master race. Dark hair and dark eyes = non master race. It has nothing to do with inferiority or racism. Stop dying your hair blond and putting on bright eye contacts, wannabe master race. U don't just buy a pc and proclaim youre one with the master race. If you've owned a console as long or longer than pc, you're not master race. Man i wrote bunch of nonsense.

Thanks for your input. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

@stjimmy3

E

HAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA SO FUNNY UR DA KING HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

What?

i wonder if the flame thrower was planed to be put in the game for trevor mike and franklin to buy. at all ammunation gun stores and to be useed as a weapon in gta5. becuse when i go to the gun store the clerk will some times say can you belive i sold a flame thrower to a pregnet lady. and also it is seen and used in the rightuse slauter 7 video game jimmy plays on his tv in his room. also they show the cut fire axe and hydra jet and very differant looking assault rife thats not sold in any gun store in the same game that jimmy plays.

Seems a bit far fetched. There's no models for a flamethrower found yet, nor any coding or files on it. He just mentions random stories to further satirize the US gun laws and culture (In my on experience, that story isn't too far fetched either).

I think that piece of land got cut because it was just that: a piece of land. I remember there was an early screenshot where you could see it, and it was nothing more than that.

What image is that? Can I see it please?

Delta India Echo

The model seems a bit unfinished though, there is a sudden color change above the logo and a glitched green symbol.

Sudden color change is totally normal though, the only thing wrong with that model is the logo.

Darth_Starkiller

I think that piece of land got cut because it was just that: a piece of land. I remember there was an early screenshot where you could see it, and it was nothing more than that.

What image is that? Can I see it please?

img9340s.jpg