The GTA V beta hunt

StJimmy

nnxnnennxnnnex
On 8/2/2023 at 1:02 AM, HeySlickThatsMe said:

It's possible to play pre-day one GTAO on emulators

Some highlights (pictures by Tervel & his friends):

-Hud is yellow and early UI is used, rank bar is plain and rank icon wasn't a globe

-Early GTA O logo is used 

-Purchasing an apartment is free

-First apartment enter tells you that you can launch heists there, though none are available obviously 

-Money is completely broken and doesn't work so a lot of content will be inaccessible, same for jobs 

-Calling Lamar has an option to request Families backup, strings were found previously 

-Al Carter & Edgar Claros are available in the phone menu, calling Edgar shows Vagos backup menu

-Upon death the previously found killstrip gfx is activated which shows you what weapon the attacker used and which body parts were hit, along the kill count which got relocated to "feed" messages in final

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

IMG_20230801_235910.png

IMG_20230801_235924.png

holy sh*t... just realized that this is the first ever gta beta that we are able to play

btw interaction menu looks so out of place with its blue color and round level icon

• Like 2

TomilovSenya

Some info regarding Beta Score retrieved from the leaked GTAV build of 2017/2018. I don't think I ever posted this stuff in full here, so let's reminisce.

• An Unknown Track was salvaged from the build's remainings. No idea if it was used somewhere in the game, could be a simple demo as it sounds rather simple (sounds like something from The Alchemist / Oh No + some basic Tangerine Dream's Edgar Froese's treatment).
  • The bass stem for the unused track Greyhound (which is the Score version of Pause Menu Music, only briefly used once in the first lesson of GTA Online's flight school) was found in a separate AWC file (usually a single AWC file contains up to 8 stems of a Score track, this could mean that bass stem was a separate thing of some sort), with a duration of 4:41, while the final version of the track is only 1:39. It sounds absolutely same though.
  • All or at least two of the MP Heist tracks were featured in the leaked build, suggesting they were composed even before the game came out, not specifically for 2015's Heists Update:
  • At least two tracks released in 2014's High Life / Score Update were featured in the leaked build, suggesting they were composed even before the game came out (which, as it turned out, was even confirmed by Rockstar themselves when announcing the Score Update, more on that here)
    • The early version of the track ELC (later revealed to have been originally called Electrocutioners) was featured in the leaked build. This version was brought back to the game 8 years later, in The Contract update in 2021.
    • The track CHU was featured in the leaked build. No different from the version released in the High Life update. It's also worth noting it's a prototype or an alternate version of the track Wavery that plays during the yacht chase in Father/Son (some beta info on that track below). Still curious what CHU stands four though...
  • An early version of the track Vodka (aka A Legitimate Business Man, used in Lamar Down) was featured in the leaked build, with some stems being a bit different from the final version.
  • An early version of the track Wavery (used in Father/Son) was featured in the leaked build. It consists of 2 stems and overall sounds fairly different from the final version of the track which is only 1-stem (also resembles CHU way more than the final version).
Edited by TomilovSenya
Fixed SoundCloud links

I'm wondering if there's a guide to get that beta version working with Xenia? 

I'd love to take a deep dive into it.

universetwisters
1 hour ago, TomilovSenya said:

Some info regarding Beta Score retreived from the leaked GTAV build of 2018. I don't think I ever posted this stuff in full here, so let's reminisce.

Are you talking about the one that had a bunch of cut radio dialogues and alternate takes for cutscenes? 

sTgL5iS.png

1 hour ago, TomilovSenya said:

Some info regarding Beta Score retreived from the leaked GTAV build of 2018. I don't think I ever posted this stuff in full here, so let's reminisce.

• An Unknown Track was salvaged from the build's remainings. No idea if it was used somewhere in the game, could be a simple demo as it sounds rather simple (sounds like something from The Alchemist / Oh No + some basic Tangerine Dream's Edgar Froese's treatment).
  • The bass stem for the unused track Greyhound (which is the Score version of Pause Menu Music, only briefly used once in the first lesson of GTA Online's flight school) was found in a separate AWC file (usually a single AWC file contains up to 8 stems of a Score track, this could mean that bass stem was a separate thing of some sort), with a duration of 4:41, while the final version of the track is only 1:39. It sounds absolutely same though.
  • All or at least two of the MP Heist tracks were featured in the leaked build, suggesting they were composed even before the game came out, not specifically for 2015's Heists Update:
  • At least two tracks released in 2014's High Life / Score Update were featured in the leaked build, suggesting they were composed even before the game came out (which, as it turned out, was even confirmed by Rockstar themselves when announcing the Score Update, more on that here😞
    • The early version of the track ELC (later revealed to have been originally called Electrocutioners) was featured in the leaked build. This version was brought back to the game 8 years later, in The Contract update in 2021.
    • The track CHU was featured in the leaked build. No different from the version released in the Hight Life update. It's also worth noting it's a prototype or an alternate version of the track Wavery that plays during the yacht chase in Father/Son (some beta info on that track below). Still curious what CHU stands four though...
  • An early version of the track Vodka (aka A Legitimate Business Man, used in Lamar Down) was featured in the leaked build, with some stems being a bit different from the final version.
  • An early version of the track Wavery (used in Father/Son) was featured in the leaked build. It consists of 2 stems and overall sounds fairly different from the final version of the track which is only 1-stem (also resembles CHU way more than the final version).

Every single one of those SoundCloud links are invalid, are there any mirrors for any of those tracks?  🤔

UserInvalid
24 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

Are you talking about the one that had a bunch of cut radio dialogues and alternate takes for cutscenes? 

I'm sure not.

nnxnnennxnnnex
2 hours ago, Baiylee said:

I'm wondering if there's a guide to get that beta version working with Xenia? 

I'd love to take a deep dive into it.

https://youtu.be/lzDFW_jNAsQ

TomilovSenya
15 hours ago, universetwisters said:

Yeah, that one I think.

15 hours ago, Naean said:

Every single one of those SoundCloud links are invalid, are there any mirrors for any of those tracks?  🤔

I fixed the links, they're accessible now.

Bit of a minor thing, but earlier builds, like with a bunch of other stuff, carried over GTA IV's tire tread. It was changed so late in that a majority of the old gen GTA V & Online screenshots still have the old tread 

spacer.png

Here's an Akuma from TBoGT as reference spacer.png

and a current GTA V Akuma with the newer tire setspacer.png

Edited by N. Man

27 minutes ago, N. Man said:

Bit of a minor thing, but earlier builds, like with a bunch of other stuff, carried over GTA IV's tire tread. It was changed so late in that a majority of the old gen GTA V & Online screenshots still have the old tread 

spacer.png

Here's an Akuma from TBoGT as reference spacer.png

and a current GTA V Akuma with the newer tire setspacer.png

I remember back in the day, someone attempted to recreate a similar screenshot to that in GTAIV

GTA-4-vs-GTA-5-comparison-2.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, MaddenedGhost said:

I remember back in the day, someone attempted to recreate a similar screenshot to that in GTAIV

GTA-4-vs-GTA-5-comparison-2.jpg

screenshot machine broke 

• Like 1

HeySlickThatsMe

Never realized this but it seems the RPG originally had a different skin which was green by default. The image is from Patrick Clark's artstation page but it seems this particular image was removed, glad i saved it though.

image.png

The model in the picture seems to be the old-gen one because it's lacking the front ironsight and it has this extra plate on top that's missing in PC version.

BethanyBoned
On 8/4/2023 at 5:43 PM, UserInvalid said:

Are there any cut tracks from GTA Online on Media Player, Radio Los Santos, and West Coast Classics, and MOTOMAMI Los Santos? I just saw that about 12 songs were deleted from iFrut Radio because after the last song there is an empty text in TrackID, [And in some update they deleted the Skepta playlist] on Kult FM about 6-8 songs were deleted because after the last song there is an empty text, on WorldWide FM after the song What More was deleted two songs as there is an empty text after it, and so how do I make the songs and artists in TrackID appear approximately as 1206A, but not as their hashes.

I mean, there IS a possibility that Gorillaz feat. Beck - The Valley of the Pagans (2020) was gonna be on The K.U.L.T. FM but that’s only speculation… 

After that infamous takedown from Take-Two of Mods being used for the Valley of the Pagans music video, many wondered if that was one of the cut songs from The K.U.L.T. FM…

Although if there are more songs, do have any names pinned down?

• 2 weeks later...
universetwisters
9 hours ago, maikolu168 said:

This game is by far has the most cut things I ever saw, standing in line with RDR2

Ever heard of Bully?  :shillkek:

sTgL5iS.png

universetwisters
5 minutes ago, Kyox said:

Ever heard of Agent and Austin power kart game! 

Idk I think there’s a difference between games with a lot of cut content and games that have never been released to begin with 

sTgL5iS.png

2 hours ago, universetwisters said:

Idk I think there’s a difference between games with a lot of cut content and games that have never been released to begin with 

All the content that was made for those games got cut (cancelled), so the only difference "to begin with" is that they never were released. I was messing around either way, i tought you mean't Bully 2, i misread, sorry.

Edited by Kyox

nnxnnennxnnnex
19 hours ago, Ellie-H said:

Im curious, has no one ever attempted to make a beta accurate timecyc mod for GTA V?

DeGeneratorX posted some screenshots of his beta timecyc and vegetation mod in 2020 that was never released (as far as i know). also he's inactive since october 2022

I think I stumbled on a cut unmarked police car in front of a taxi. Included the link to the video starting at the exact moment it appears:

Anyone know what car they used? Grill kind of looks like the asterope in my opinion

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Toddolius said:

I think I stumbled on a cut unmarked police car in front of a taxi. Included the link to the video starting at the exact moment it appears:

Anyone know what car they used? Grill kind of looks like the asterope in my opinion

I think the car in front of the taxi is an Asterope, but I don't think the siren flash is coming from it.

I took a screenshot of a frame in that scene with better lighting and in that image there's a section of white just under a red light flash, and then the dark Asterope. I think the flash is coming from a regular police car and the white is its roof peaking above the Asterope as it is parked behind the Asterope.

spacer.png

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Benefactor69 said:

I think the car in front of the taxi is an Asterope, but I don't think the siren flash is coming from it.

I took a screenshot of a frame in that scene with better lighting and in that image there's a section of white just under a red light flash, and then the dark Asterope. I think the flash is coming from a regular police car and the white is its roof peaking above the Asterope as it is parked behind the Asterope.

[SNIP]

I had no idea, thanks!

• Like 1

HeySlickThatsMe
6 hours ago, PauloJz said:

The prostitute at minute 1:08 I never saw her in the regular game. This eastern NPC (0:39) is also quite intriguing

s_f_y_stripper_02 and a_m_y_gay_01/a_m_y_gay_02

For some odd reason, an earlier version of "By The Book" intro exists in the game files when Trevor calls Michael the "gamer word" instead of "sugartits". I believe it's in audio/sfx/ss_ff.rpf/fbi3.awc FBI3_ADAE_01.

inb4 Rockstar releases an update that removes the audio file completely. 

DenjiChainsawman
On 9/11/2023 at 5:53 AM, DubiousThiny said:

For some odd reason, an earlier version of "By The Book" intro exists in the game files when Trevor calls Michael the "gamer word" instead of "sugartits". I believe it's in audio/sfx/ss_ff.rpf/fbi3.awc FBI3_ADAE_01.

inb4 Rockstar releases an update that removes the audio file completely. 

Yea in this audio clip he would say the hard R I can see why they remove it.

• Like 4