The GTA V beta hunt

StJimmy

I don't think I posted this before.

The Stromberg (according to the salvage model) was gonna have vertical missiles / torpedos like just like the actual Wet Nellie.

bWimhCb.png

7trHCPp.png

i69lTI7.png

Role-Play Walkthrough

I wonder if ever the heck. I wonder if ever they tried. Either that or if they hoped to include the from IV style injury system of peds. Or of NPCs in this here game, GTA V. They had it in IV where if you took em down, they wouldn’t be dead unless you or your friend did continue to shoot them while down. Either that or ya shot in their head. That’d do it too. 

So then what does the info conclude? Did ever they hope or intent to include this at all? It was missin’ from V which did get me so pissed that I felt like I missed out on life, the whole entire time, in which I was waiting and hyped for this game which I thought would expand and improve upon IV. 

Were clothing models made with so much wrinkles or was there something making like that. If so is there a way to recreate that

• Like 3

HeySlickThatsMe
1 hour ago, DeZScoTs13 said:

Were clothing models made with so much wrinkles or was there something making like that. If so is there a way to recreate that

Normal maps, they have a thing called dynamic normals where they have two separate additional normal maps that add wrinkles and shift sides when the player character is moving creating a realistic clothing wrinkle effect, it's possible they didn't finish implementing this feature and had the wrinkles enabled all the time or overall their approach was to have really wrinkly clothing until they implemented this detail

who really knows, it's not that easy to recreate the old clothing because a lot of shaders and the lighting were different too

On 8/23/2016 at 12:42 PM, LuizM1234 said:

Yes, I'm aware that the post I'm pinging is from 2016 and it's not really "beta"
However, I'd like to note that woman in the bottom left seems to be the same one on the Los Santos Belle shirt, only with some small outfit changes. 
zmkBsvT.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2023 at 2:36 AM, universetwisters said:

I remember seeing that on the gtawikia years ago and deleted it because I thought it was some punk rock loser trying to make up a rumor like OMG GUYS MY FAVORITE SONGS WERE SUPPOSED 2 BE IN GTA !!!!! but it got reverted by some dude who gave a source, but the source was in a facebook post.

On one hand it's very interesting but on the other hand, let's be skeptical. Let's not forget that Kavinsky lied about having a station coming up in GTA 5

I honestly haven't even heard of Kavinsky before GTA V. And every now and then I hear his name and his music, I often wonder that the reason for his fame is his bullsh*t that he is going to appear in GTA V, got him the recognition he wanted. I mean he was in GTA IV/MCLA (and not much else!) but those specific songs he claimed would appear in GTA V are pretty famous now.

I know I definitely Stanned Golden Earring after hearing they would be in LSRR, but that got scrapped.

Edited by lol232

Role-Play Walkthrough
4 minutes ago, lol232 said:

I honestly haven't even heard of Kavinsky before GTA V. And every now and then I hear his name and his music, I often wonder that the reason for his fame is his bullsh*t that he is going to appear in GTA V, got him the recognition he wanted. I mean he was in GTA IV/MCLA (and not much else!) but those specific songs he claimed would appear in GTA V are pretty famous now.

He became famous because of his song night call being in the movie Drive. That’s where most people heard of him. Honestly I was excited at the time because drive us also a realistic grounded crime film taking place in modern day Los Angeles so I had hoped to see inspiration from that movie in the game

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, DarkViperAU made a GTA V facts and glitches recently where the second half of the video talks about cut content. It is all just unused or alternate audio, but it is stuff that I have never heard before. I checked on this topic if it was discovered before but I found nothing. Idk if anybody has discovered the location of these unused audio files but it feels kinda suspicious because he mentions that this wasn't AI generated. Can anyone confirm the validity? 

• Like 5

HeySlickThatsMe

They're real, you can find the Lamar Down lines in x64\audio\sfx\SS_FF.rpf\fra2.awc. Somebody else actually talked about these on GTA 5 Mods discord sometime ago (before this video) and i don't think they were ever discovered previously.

Other lines like pool ones can be found in x64\audio\sfx\S_MISC.rpf\

Here's a random find but the tunables from that one leak (that included CNC/Drug Wars content) mentioned Orang-O-Tang

CDEBUG1LN(DEBUG_TUNEABLES, "      Orang_O_Tang Health Replenish Multiplier        : ", g_sMPTunables.fOrangOTangHealthReplenishMultiplier    ) 

Interestingly enough a low quality Orang-O-Tang can model is still left in game files inside x64c.rpf\levels\gta5\props\lev_des\v_minigame.rpf\ - the same place where you can find E-Cola and Sprunk can models

image.png

Thing to mention is that there's no mention of E-Cola can here, so it looks like at some point in early GTA Online there was no E-Cola, instead there was Orang-O-Tang and Sprunk (which we have in final).

Could you imagine the E-Cola VS Sprunk event but with Orang-O-Tang instead?

And a bonus fact - the E-Cola can for some reason is also as low quality as the one above, while Sprunk has higher detail.

universetwisters
9 hours ago, Coolmaker said:

Idk if anybody has discovered the location of these unused audio files but it feels kinda suspicious because he mentions that this wasn't AI generated. Can anyone confirm the validity? 

I'm surprised that this was found much much much later than the Sharmoota job heist audio. I think that was found a year after the game came out?

sTgL5iS.png

On 5/21/2023 at 9:00 PM, Coolmaker said:

Hey guys, DarkViperAU made a GTA V facts and glitches recently where the second half of the video talks about cut content. It is all just unused or alternate audio, but it is stuff that I have never heard before. I checked on this topic if it was discovered before but I found nothing. Idk if anybody has discovered the location of these unused audio files but it feels kinda suspicious because he mentions that this wasn't AI generated. Can anyone confirm the validity? 

There is an unlisted video on YouTube and also it's on some Russian website.

Look up "GTA V_ PS3 Prototype Build - Cut Mission Dialogue & Audio From Removed Missions"

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Role-Play Walkthrough

From the looks of it, this game’d be like a “Grand Theft Paradise” to me. Can’t you even see? Crouching, and then NPC’s who can get injuries!

Okay so now that would be rad. I only wish it was true here just that we could have. This cool video game. With the driving and shooting from grand theft the video IV! 

HOW'S ANNIE?
On 5/22/2023 at 4:00 AM, Coolmaker said:

Say what you will about how ridiculous GTA V's story was, but can you imagine how much people would have flipped over this mission?

Edited by HOW'S ANNIE?

Freddiepinker789
On 6/21/2023 at 9:33 AM, DeZScoTs13 said:

beta franklin haircut :hair_diff_000_a_uni (mediafire.com)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png
made this cuz I didn't see any other mods besides alex but also its part of a mod i'm working on (beta characters)

Good, u actually doing my past job which i forgot 😅

On 6/21/2023 at 9:33 AM, DeZScoTs13 said:

beta franklin haircut :hair_diff_000_a_uni (mediafire.com)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png
made this cuz I didn't see any other mods besides alex but also its part of a mod i'm working on (beta characters)

Good, u actually doing my past job which i forgot 😅

UserInvalid

Is this the real beta version of Soulwax FM or is it fake?

But there at least seems to be all the cut songs.

But if anyone also has a saved beta version of FlyLo FM, East Los FM and Worldwide FM?

Edited by UserInvalid

I'll say it again, whoever makes GTA VI's Beta Hunt topic, please update the OP as people find stuff. Hell, maybe an active mod can do it if the poster disappears at least.

No fault on you guys that are reposting old stuff, it's not your fault. Hell, there's over three-HUNDRED pages of discussion about this stuff. Every beta hunt thread is like this. It would benefit everybody if they were a bit more organized.

Dang Freddie how u doing I haven't heard from you in a while. Have you got beta Michael's face right cuz I could never get it right.

I manage to find where the beta photo of the sanctus was taken on the map. It`s the Wenger institute with the rockford plaza in the background, I tried to line up a screenshot for comparison https://imgur.com/a/QUOnRaK . I cant tell if anyone else was able to find this before I did, but i did a quick search and found nothing.

Edit: on closer inspection rockstar has edited the beta pic of the sanctus in the biker dlc to remove the Wenger Logo. But its there on the daemon manual pic.

Edited by JayL117
Found Something about the beta Pics

• 2 weeks later...
Freddiepinker789

Hello everyone, I found the beta part of Franklin's shirt and I made it in the form of their single object, and before that it was in Franklin's closet, I disconnected it by adding some details and making it wider in size, even adjusted it correctly , but the fact is that I don't know how to fit the existing models to the old ones, in my case. I will appreciate any help and contribution to the development of my mod).

Here's a link on archive with the model for blender and some screenshots)

https://ibb.co/CzTscKG

https://ibb.co/g742bw1

https://ibb.co/3T3Z04r

https://ibb.co/937YVXh

https://ibb.co/cNncNbc

https://ibb.co/98kNBmd

https://ibb.co/vJP4YDR

https://ibb.co/9w7QNYh

https://ibb.co/tQZZQ0m

Edited by Freddiepinker789

Mangled Crow

Apologies if this has been mentioned previously before.

But out of curiousity, were any more of those introduction recordings by Kenny Loggins for any of the other cut LSRR tracks ever posted anywhere?

I remember a few of them posted previously way long ago that went along the lines of:

"The Clash, with one of the great rock records of the 80's"

"When you party with Black Betty, you never come down"

"Here's one of the best driving songs of all time, Radar Love"

universetwisters
1 hour ago, Mangled Crow said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned previously before.

But out of curiousity, were any more of those introduction recordings by Kenny Loggins for any of the other cut LSRR tracks ever posted anywhere?

I remember a few of them posted previously way long ago that went along the lines of:

"The Clash, with one of the great rock records of the 80's"

"When you party with Black Betty, you never come down"

"Here's one of the best driving songs of all time, Radar Love"

I went to the guy who leaked a lot of the beta sh*t from an early build's youtube videos and commented "Is it true there was gonna be OHIO by Crosby Stills & Nash" and he replied with "Yes" along with a vocaroo link to Kenny Loggins announcing it for LSRR. Sadly I didn't save it, nor do I recall the video's title or the uploader, but if it's still on youtube then chances are its there

sTgL5iS.png

ManofFewWords

New to this thread and new to the forums in generals, I found these full versions of the unused mission passed themes, idk if they have been posted here before but they sure are cool https://youtu.be/VtJJe7Xt26Y https://youtu.be/iaBOGMTFsHY

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
HeySlickThatsMe

It's possible to play pre-day one GTAO on emulators

Some highlights (pictures by Tervel & his friends):

-Hud is yellow and early UI is used, rank bar is plain and rank icon wasn't a globe

-Early GTA O logo is used 

-Purchasing an apartment is free

-First apartment enter tells you that you can launch heists there, though none are available obviously 

-Money is completely broken and doesn't work so a lot of content will be inaccessible, same for jobs 

-Calling Lamar has an option to request Families backup, strings were found previously 

-Al Carter & Edgar Claros are available in the phone menu, calling Edgar shows Vagos backup menu

-Upon death the previously found killstrip gfx is activated which shows you what weapon the attacker used and which body parts were hit, along the kill count which got relocated to "feed" messages in final

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

IMG_20230801_235910.png

IMG_20230801_235924.png

Edited by HeySlickThatsMe

On 8/2/2023 at 12:02 AM, HeySlickThatsMe said:

Some highlights (pictures by Tervel & his friends):

-Hud is yellow and early UI is used, rank bar is plain and rank icon wasn't a globe

The interesting thing is, this is still true for singleplayer, and I EVER REMEMBER this part well in the week before GTA O officially launched in October 2013.

When you tried to switch to GTA O back then, the highlighted color was yellow. I noticed how it turned to dark blue when GTA O launched.

Further more, text colors in the first cutscene for "Franklin & Lamar" cycle Green > Orange > Yellow > Light Blue as visible in this video.

In the later patch and all other versions, the yellow became Dark Blue. Of course, the colors represent the respective protagonist.

• Like 3

HeySlickThatsMe
10 hours ago, lol232 said:

The interesting thing is, this is still true for singleplayer, and I EVER REMEMBER this part well in the week before GTA O officially launched in October 2013.

When you tried to switch to GTA O back then, the highlighted color was yellow. I noticed how it turned to dark blue when GTA O launched.

Further more, text colors in the first cutscene for "Franklin & Lamar" cycle Green > Orange > Yellow > Light Blue as visible in this video.

In the later patch and all other versions, the yellow became Dark Blue. Of course, the colors represent the respective protagonist.

Well, yes, of course. The pre-day one online is this version of the game with yellow HUD and singleplayer credits use the online color so it was originally yellow there too

They actually use HUD_COLOUR_YELLOW which is the same color used for objectives, later it was replaced with its own dark blue RGB

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

Well, yes, of course. The pre-day one online is this version of the game with yellow HUD and singleplayer credits use the online color so it was originally yellow there too

They actually use HUD_COLOUR_YELLOW which is the same color used for objectives, later it was replaced with its own dark blue RGB

Dark blue does look better but it's a bit strange how they decided to change it at the very last minute.

boomboom5950
23 hours ago, lol232 said:

the yellow hud colors is also seen in the gta online gameplay reveal before the game launched

39seconds

• Like 6

UserInvalid

Are there any cut tracks from GTA Online on Media Player, Radio Los Santos, and West Coast Classics, and MOTOMAMI Los Santos? I just saw that about 12 songs were deleted from iFrut Radio because after the last song there is an empty text in TrackID, [And in some update they deleted the Skepta playlist] on Kult FM about 6-8 songs were deleted because after the last song there is an empty text, on WorldWide FM after the song What More was deleted two songs as there is an empty text after it, and so how do I make the songs and artists in TrackID appear approximately as 1206A, but not as their hashes.

• Like 3