2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

The GTA V beta hunt

StJimmy

-Voron-
22 hours ago, MrsRackman said:

Hold on a second, might that actually be some dev's gametest while playing BaRRy's 3B removed mission? The one that mentioned in here [3:40]

maybe you never land the heli? a spaceship comes out of nowhere and shoots you down or sth? because Franklin is the only one who never had his share of the alien stuff. Oh and the spaceship vehicle recordings is from that spaceship in that mission probably idk honestly just some ideas

On 7/17/2022 at 1:15 AM, Lucas7yoshi said:

Bonus thing

this is how the cinematic cameras in Father/Son are done... two trucks running vehicle recordings in phase/time with the trailer, with the position and rotation applied to a camera.

They did this instead of adding a way to slow/speed up camera animations, unhiding them produces this amusement. I can't think of any other place to post this on this forum but i found it funny and wanted to share

by the way can you please search for any vehicle recordings with either of these in its name: spmed,  spsmall, deathray. 

Lucas7yoshi
5 hours ago, -Voron- said:

maybe you never land the heli? a spaceship comes out of nowhere and shoots you down or sth? because Franklin is the only one who never had his share of the alien stuff. Oh and the spaceship vehicle recordings is from that spaceship in that mission probably idk honestly just some ideas

by the way can you please search for any vehicle recordings with either of these in its name: spmed,  spsmall, deathray. 

I don't see any vehicle recordings with anything like that besides just a "smallplanetakeoff"

you can search for yourself, its just .yvr's. nothing besides the file name except data

DeltaV20
On 7/18/2022 at 7:11 PM, HeySlickThatsMe said:

And as a bonus Benny's updated model from same DLC was supposed to have a Watch (or maybe he still has it in the cutscene?) but for some reason it has weird green texture.

unknown.png

Benny 10 :kekw:

• Like 1

rollschuh2282
On 7/18/2022 at 6:18 PM, MrsRackman said:

Hold on a second, might that actually be some dev's gametest while playing BaRRy's 3B removed mission? The one that mentioned in here [3:40]

well it has Bary1 in the name.
and isn´t that Michaels alien mission?
iirc it was already found that it originally took place in mirror park.
so having a Ufo flying around in it makes sense

Classique

Page 300 hype!

Anyway, I completely forgot this small detail about the Roosevelt many years ago, but before its release and in its promotional art and screenshots it didn't have its drum brakes - in fact, it had no brakes at all. All screenshots and artwork here were published a few days before the DLC release, so this must have been a very late change.

jCmEbDC.png

z49OtXS.png

fWOHB1E.png

Even old Social Club showed it with no drum brakes, further validating the guess that this was a late change.

NRgv4Eb.png

How it looks in-game now:

WNbYIFo.png

Edit: A small fact about these black "drum brakes" is that they hide modern disc brakes behind them. You can spot them through various camera angles or Director Mode.

Edited by Classique

Beta Social Club Tour Image In x64b.rpf\data\cdimages\scaleform_frontend.rpf\social_club2.ytd, You can see beta Michael, and Trevor and Franklin,
unknown.png
Trevor Philips has a haircut like Steven Ogg the motion capture actor.
unknown.png
and you can see the beta weapons.
unknown.png

• Bruh 2
  • Bonk! 1

mads1153

Already mentioned earlier about beta Rockstar Social Club images.

• Like 4

Matushka
On 5/13/2022 at 12:36 AM, Spider-Vice said:

Even if that review disc is like 5 builds behind, it's very likely there won't be anything different in terms of content, but some bug fixes.

Probably, but might have some extra features. For example cops arresting other agressive peds? There's screenshots that got released in july 2013 and if those builds are from around that time, maybe we could get that back lol.

idk if anyone talked about this before or not but i found interesting billboard images from Max Payne 3 files showing an early version of Los Santos

https://imgur.com/a/O7c5OiN

Edited by 0x1377
  • Like 7

jaydeedilla

46 minutes ago, 0x1377 said:

idk if anyone talked about this before or not but i found interesting billboard images from Max Payne 3 files showing an early version of Los Santos

That last image is just Brazil. Difficult to spot anything in the other images besides the early palm tree models that you can see in the third image

BadaBing_1996
51 minutes ago, 0x1377 said:

This is the only pic showing LS.

xQQCMEe.png

All the other buildings are from Sao Paulo's map.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, BadaBing_1996 said:

This is the only pic showing LS.

xQQCMEe.png

All the other buildings are from Sao Paulo's map.

gotcha, i'm sorry for providing wrong images

Was LA map from Midnight club LA a beta map of GTA V ? or you think they reused some models from that mc la map

Matushka
On 5/11/2022 at 8:33 PM, universetwisters said:

The review copy aint gonna have sh*t on it, its literally a regular copy of the game but sent out to reviewers 

When is it from? Is it a month before release or earlier?

universetwisters
14 minutes ago, Matushka said:

Idk when exactly but I promise you won’t find anything new on it compared to an original release day copy 

Matushka
Just now, universetwisters said:

Idk when exactly but I promise you won’t find anything new on it compared to an original release day copy 

Damn sad, cause there was stuff like cops arresting NPCs that got cut in around summer 2013, judging from screenshots n stuff.
I was hoping we could try get some of that stuff off it.

universetwisters
47 minutes ago, Matushka said:

Damn sad, cause there was stuff like cops arresting NPCs that got cut in around summer 2013, judging from screenshots n stuff.
I was hoping we could try get some of that stuff off it.

Never trust screenshots; they could just be staged 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, universetwisters said:

that's actually true most games do that

Matushka
12 hours ago, universetwisters said:

thing is, there's voice lines in the game for it. Full animation clip sets and TV shows, trailers (Trailers, litterally showing the same animations) and then the screenshots on top.

Not just the screenshots there's multiple things pointing to it.

HeySlickThatsMe
7 minutes ago, Matushka said:

Full animation clip sets

The only ones I'm aware of are the animations from beta GTA Online which don't match the arresting screenshot 

Matushka
Just now, HeySlickThatsMe said:

The only ones I'm aware of are the animations from beta GTA Online which don't match the arresting screenshot 

Well first we gotta consider that, even though they are marked GTAO could be possible they were used for both? 2nd of all, you can see part of an arrest animation that look similar from one of the GTAO ones in the franklin trailer

Sadly it's only the end part when the cop is leading the arrested guy away, but still.

• Like 2

Spider-Vice
On 7/29/2022 at 1:25 PM, Matushka said:

Probably, but might have some extra features. For example cops arresting other agressive peds? There's screenshots that got released in july 2013 and if those builds are from around that time, maybe we could get that back lol.

It doesn't mean the screenshot is dated July 2013 though. Not always marketing assets are from the latest builds, or they may be staged.

On 7/30/2022 at 8:06 PM, 0x1377 said:

This was found not long after the very first GTA V screenshots were released in 2012. They were very cheeky though as that is just a different perspective of this screenshot :kekw: 

8YxYRPb.png

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Matushka
3 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

It doesn't mean the screenshot is dated July 2013 though. Not always marketing assets are from the latest builds, or they may be staged.

This was found not long after the very first GTA V screenshots were released in 2012. They were very cheeky though as that is just a different perspective of this screenshot :kekw: 

8YxYRPb.png

Sure doesn't mean the screenshot is exactly the same date as the release date. But the models are the new ones (the bald terminator lookin fellows, not the beta models) and the cars are also seeming switched to the ones currently used (Ford taurus looking vapid cruisers)

So I'd say it's safe to assume it got cut some time mid 2013???

Was LA map from Midnight club LA a beta map of GTA V ? or you guys think they reused some models from that mc la map

Spider-Vice

I think it was something entirely separate even though they may have reused (and changed) a couple of models.

• Like 2

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

MrsRackman
17 hours ago, Matushka said:

Pretty sure they were printed the same days the original disks were printed. And I'm pretty sure the same exact master copy was used for both these releases

Matushka

Another thing I'd like to check out are the build logs, anyone know where to get the FULL build logs?

I've found screenshots and small snippets, but I want to find the full thing.

The original post with the google drive for em, well it's down now. Anyone got them?

BurakKara0
1 hour ago, Matushka said:

Another thing I'd like to check out are the build logs, anyone know where to get the FULL build logs?

I've found screenshots and small snippets, but I want to find the full thing.

The original post with the google drive for em, well it's down now. Anyone got them?

Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3) - The Cutting Room Floor (tcrf.net) you can find both the missions.xml and builds.xml here

Matushka
On 6/3/2022 at 6:44 PM, HeySlickThatsMe said:

Not sure if this was already mentioned but there are three unused ped brain scripts in files:

pb_busker.ysc
pb_homeless.ysc
pb_preacher.ysc

final game only uses pb_prostitute.ysc which ofcourse is used by prostitutes, ped brains are scripts that pretty much extend capabilities of peds, if you remember the unused "home brains" ped brain script from GTA SA then this stuff might sound familiar

PB_PREACHER
pb_preacher seems to be... well, preacher script, based on the code it waits 7 seconds and checks if the ped is near the player and then it makes the ped play "PREACH" animation from "[email protected]" clipset which no longer exists in final game, it also uses S_M_M_STRPREACH_01 model which still does exist in the game files

unknown.png

PB_HOMELESS

Looks to be a script that works very similar to preacher script but instead waits 10 seconds and makes the npc play "beckon_03" animation from "[email protected]_dealer" clipset which also doesn't exist, there's more code down below in the script which plays beckon_01 and beckon_02 animations, it also creates a new relationship group called "homeless" so all the npc's belonging to this script would be allies to themselves, the script uses A_M_O_Tramp_01 and G_M_Y_StrPunk_01 ped models which can be spotted in vanilla game already from what i remember, there seem to be some additional checks too like rotation of the player/npc i guess? 

I assume this scene from the first trailer was supposed to be a brief sneakpeek of how this ped brain would really work, an npc rejecting a dealer

unknown.png

PB_BUSKER

Very similar to GTA IV it seems, waits 7 seconds again and spawns a ped which uses "SAX_loop_B" of "[email protected]" clipset which like the other two doesn't exist anymore either, models used are A_F_M_BEVHILLS_02 and G_M_Y_MexGoon_02 which i guess were temporary, there's also no mention of saxophone prop

None of these scripts seemed to be finished because they lack interactions, it's very basic code that has only around 23 functions, although i guess it still would be possible to load any of these as long as animation clipsets are added and brains are assigned to the specified npc's

PB_PROSTITUTE

Here's some extra interesting things about the prostitute stuff:
IIRC it was already mentioned that there are unused handjob voice lines for prostitutes, these aren't mentioned in script but do exist, there's also three types of "activities" in the script, the first one being BJ, second seems to be empty which would be the said cut service and explains why there's three options in the menu, the script also requests an audio bank called "PROSTITUTE_BLOWJOB" which does exist in final game but still no sound from it is ever used i think? and last but not least, every single prostitute model seems to have a debug name according to func_147

UPRO BABS
UPRO DANA
UPRO LIZZIE
UPRO AMANDA
UPRO ASHLEY
UPRO KRISTEN
UPRO SASHA
UPRO JACQUELINE

These all correspond to their voices in order i guess, the first three would be for hooker 01, the other three hooker 02 and the last two for hooker 03, which actually has two voices only and a number skip so presumably one voice was cut

This is really cool, I'm interested in something similar.

Basically I'm wondering if the animations for cops arresting NPCs are missing therefore it doesn't work, or is it the code/script itself for the thing to happen missing?