4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

The GTA V beta hunt

StJimmy

MrsRackman
1 hour ago, Matushka said:

Guys there's probably still a devkit out there... Somewhere.... Probably an XBOX 360 or PS3 one. Let's hope someone can get their hands on it, as I for one would love to see what police system they had in store back in like 2012.

Why are you so sure about that

Get someone reputable to start a gofundme, everyone here chips in $50, offer the money we pooled to anyone in possession of a devkit. It could work lads. Trust.

Ellie-H
17 hours ago, D T said:

Get someone reputable to start a gofundme, everyone here chips in $50, offer the money we pooled to anyone in possession of a devkit. It could work lads. Trust.

You're forgetting the fact that no devkit has been found
lol the problem is not the money to buy one, the problem is that none has been found
you guys are skipping a lot of steps

HarryTVisitor
On 5/28/2022 at 1:47 PM, Precursors Fun World said:

You're forgetting the fact that no devkit has been found
lol the problem is not the money to buy one, the problem is that none has been found
you guys are skipping a lot of steps

Whaaat? Nonsense, it's as simple as 4 easy steps!

1. Start the GoFundMe
  2. Pool the money together
  3. ????
  4. Profit!
  • Like 2

HeySlickThatsMe
Posted (edited)

Not sure if this was already mentioned but there are three unused ped brain scripts in files:

pb_busker.ysc
pb_homeless.ysc
pb_preacher.ysc

final game only uses pb_prostitute.ysc which ofcourse is used by prostitutes, ped brains are scripts that pretty much extend capabilities of peds, if you remember the unused "home brains" ped brain script from GTA SA then this stuff might sound familiar

PB_PREACHER
pb_preacher seems to be... well, preacher script, based on the code it waits 7 seconds and checks if the ped is near the player and then it makes the ped play "PREACH" animation from "[email protected]" clipset which no longer exists in final game, it also uses S_M_M_STRPREACH_01 model which still does exist in the game files

unknown.png

PB_HOMELESS

Looks to be a script that works very similar to preacher script but instead waits 10 seconds and makes the npc play "beckon_03" animation from "[email protected]_dealer" clipset which also doesn't exist, there's more code down below in the script which plays beckon_01 and beckon_02 animations, it also creates a new relationship group called "homeless" so all the npc's belonging to this script would be allies to themselves, the script uses A_M_O_Tramp_01 and G_M_Y_StrPunk_01 ped models which can be spotted in vanilla game already from what i remember, there seem to be some additional checks too like rotation of the player/npc i guess? 

I assume this scene from the first trailer was supposed to be a brief sneakpeek of how this ped brain would really work, an npc rejecting a dealer

unknown.png

PB_BUSKER

Very similar to GTA IV it seems, waits 7 seconds again and spawns a ped which uses "SAX_loop_B" of "[email protected]" clipset which like the other two doesn't exist anymore either, models used are A_F_M_BEVHILLS_02 and G_M_Y_MexGoon_02 which i guess were temporary, there's also no mention of saxophone prop

None of these scripts seemed to be finished because they lack interactions, it's very basic code that has only around 23 functions, although i guess it still would be possible to load any of these as long as animation clipsets are added and brains are assigned to the specified npc's

PB_PROSTITUTE

Here's some extra interesting things about the prostitute stuff:
IIRC it was already mentioned that there are unused handjob voice lines for prostitutes, these aren't mentioned in script but do exist, there's also three types of "activities" in the script, the first one being BJ, second seems to be empty which would be the said cut service and explains why there's three options in the menu, the script also requests an audio bank called "PROSTITUTE_BLOWJOB" which does exist in final game but still no sound from it is ever used i think? and last but not least, every single prostitute model seems to have a debug name according to func_147

UPRO BABS
UPRO DANA
UPRO LIZZIE
UPRO AMANDA
UPRO ASHLEY
UPRO KRISTEN
UPRO SASHA
UPRO JACQUELINE

These all correspond to their voices in order i guess, the first three would be for hooker 01, the other three hooker 02 and the last two for hooker 03, which actually has two voices only and a number skip so presumably one voice was cut

Edited by HeySlickThatsMe

On 6/3/2022 at 11:44 AM, HeySlickThatsMe said:

Not sure if this was already mentioned but there are three unused ped brain scripts in files:

pb_busker.ysc
pb_homeless.ysc
pb_preacher.ysc

final game only uses pb_prostitute.ysc which ofcourse is used by prostitutes, ped brains are scripts that pretty much extend capabilities of peds, if you remember the unused "home brains" ped brain script from GTA SA then this stuff might sound familiar

PB_PREACHER
pb_preacher seems to be... well, preacher script, based on the code it waits 7 seconds and checks if the ped is near the player and then it makes the ped play "PREACH" animation from "[email protected]" clipset which no longer exists in final game, it also uses S_M_M_STRPREACH_01 model which still does exist in the game files

unknown.png

PB_HOMELESS

Looks to be a script that works very similar to preacher script but instead waits 10 seconds and makes the npc play "beckon_03" animation from "[email protected]_dealer" clipset which also doesn't exist, there's more code down below in the script which plays beckon_01 and beckon_02 animations, it also creates a new relationship group called "homeless" so all the npc's belonging to this script would be allies to themselves, the script uses A_M_O_Tramp_01 and G_M_Y_StrPunk_01 ped models which can be spotted in vanilla game already from what i remember, there seem to be some additional checks too like rotation of the player/npc i guess? 

I assume this scene from the first trailer was supposed to be a brief sneakpeek of how this ped brain would really work, an npc rejecting a dealer

unknown.png

PB_BUSKER

Very similar to GTA IV it seems, waits 7 seconds again and spawns a ped which uses "SAX_loop_B" of "[email protected]" clipset which like the other two doesn't exist anymore either, models used are A_F_M_BEVHILLS_02 and G_M_Y_MexGoon_02 which i guess were temporary, there's also no mention of saxophone prop

None of these scripts seemed to be finished because they lack interactions, it's very basic code that has only around 23 functions, although i guess it still would be possible to load any of these as long as animation clipsets are added and brains are assigned to the specified npc's

PB_PROSTITUTE

Here's some extra interesting things about the prostitute stuff:
IIRC it was already mentioned that there are unused handjob voice lines for prostitutes, these aren't mentioned in script but do exist, there's also three types of "activities" in the script, the first one being BJ, second seems to be empty which would be the said cut service and explains why there's three options in the menu, the script also requests an audio bank called "PROSTITUTE_BLOWJOB" which does exist in final game but still no sound from it is ever used i think? and last but not least, every single prostitute model seems to have a debug name according to func_147

UPRO BABS
UPRO DANA
UPRO LIZZIE
UPRO AMANDA
UPRO ASHLEY
UPRO KRISTEN
UPRO SASHA
UPRO JACQUELINE

These all correspond to their voices in order i guess, the first three would be for hooker 01, the other three hooker 02 and the last two for hooker 03, which actually has two voices only and a number skip so presumably one voice was cut

That preacher exists near Franklins house but has been changed to a random event.

On 3/25/2022 at 5:57 PM, DeGeneratorX said:

Have someone bought this book?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbiulFuvZIe/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I think it may be the closest thing we will ever get from a GTA V behind the scenes, and may contain interesting stuff.

edit: Idk why this white background appeared on the last sentence.

edit2: He has deleted the image. But it was a page from the book "game changer" from solo118. That's the book that I was talking about.

did you take a pic of it before it got deleted? 

6 hours ago, _P136_ said:

Not sure which page it was but the book is: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09V751D3F

Lol I don't want to buy it just to see it but thanks for sharing it 

(If any of you have the book can you look for this page and upload it here?)

• 4 weeks later...
MGgames100
6 hours ago, Cooper James said:

Franklin was originally killed D on the beta version from The Long Stretch in GTA V

No he didn't. It's a made up rumor. 

I believe Shawn Fonteno did mention Franklin was originally meant to shoot the Ballas dude in that mission. I can't remember the reason for them changing it though.

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Pizzahut
6 hours ago, MGgames100 said:

No he didn't. It's a made up rumor. 

It's not made up, Shawn himself said it in a video. 

14 hours ago, Cooper Jh said:

Franklin was originally catching the plane and killing Madrazo's cousin

We know. 

• Like 2

Lucas7yoshi

Searched a bit, didn't see anything, but this could be old given theres 299 pages here lol.

Some unused vehicle recordings played back in game, these reveal old road layouts, old mountains, old mission ideas, etc. Some of these are extremely long and are quite obviously just some dev driving around.

there is 100% others that i skipped.

mgchop001.yvr, one of the largest in the game. Runs for over 7 minutes.

vehicle chosen is an educated guess based on distance off ground

Spoiler

Steering looks keyboard-like

Beginning, plenty of differences in road layouts and some at PDM
(times are yvr time as seen at bottom)
2:45 Changed terrain
3:15 Possibly changed road? or just driving on the sidewalk intentionally
6:05 adjusted road
6:10 changed/missing building
6:38 tree

Conclusion: fairly early in development, fair few differences in roads, terrain, some buildings and definitely prior to a lot of small decoration propping.

txm_11_sc101.yvr

educated guess on vehicle again

Observations:

Spoiler

road layout mostly finalized

looks like controller input

Desert, lots of terrain changes

0:15 all the way to 1:01

1:15 propping differences, shortly after some minor terrain differences on the beach

4:51... rock

6:02 & 6:12 no sign

6:44 -> 7:04 some differences in the highway

More finalized in terms of road layout than the previous, fair few mountains changed though and less props then final. Certainyl some time before release.

zentorno_streamingf001.yvr

vehicle picked is not an educated guess

there is one with a v instead of an f at the end that is just driving back and forth

Very little of note, perhaps used as a unit test of some sort for streaming.

Might be controlled by keyboard

No noticeable changes whatsoever

3:50 hits the pylons, then goes back to finish em off and drives back

boatdepotfarms103.yvr

vehicle likely very wrong, bikes didn't make physical sense.

not much here, definitely beta though.

observations:

3:17 -> 3:45 prop and terrain variation

4:26 maybe road was different?

bary1spaceshipa102.yvr

something flying, the name convinced me they wanted to have a actual flying spaceship in the game for.... something

goes over mirror park area in circles.

no observations besides the name.

just flies over mirror park, hits a pole, then goes under some bridges near the end.

played at 4x speed because its not that interesting.

escape292.yvr

Uncertain use, educated guess vehicle, fair few blatantly different buildings.

Observations:

Spoiler

0:05 immediately different/unfinished building

0:38 old lifeinvader?

1:17 bumped into something that doesn't exist

1:55 altered roads

2:08 minor collision differences

3:05 building was altered.

Purpose very much uncertain. quite early in development.

This is the coolest sh*t anyone has posted here in years. It's crazy to think some developer's gameplay has literally been immortalized like that. It's like catching a fading glimpse from another time. Thanks for sharing.

Lucas7yoshi

Bonus thing

this is how the cinematic cameras in Father/Son are done... two trucks running vehicle recordings in phase/time with the trailer, with the position and rotation applied to a camera.

They did this instead of adding a way to slow/speed up camera animations, unhiding them produces this amusement. I can't think of any other place to post this on this forum but i found it funny and wanted to share

Baiylee
13 minutes ago, Lucas7yoshi said:

Bonus thing

this is how the cinematic cameras in Father/Son are done... two trucks running vehicle recordings in phase/time with the trailer, with the position and rotation applied to a camera.

They did this instead of adding a way to slow/speed up camera animations, unhiding them produces this amusement. I can't think of any other place to post this on this forum but i found it funny and wanted to share

Both this and those vehicle recordings are amazing.

Some really interesting stuff here. Thanks for taking the time to test and share these.

• Like 3

Spider-Vice

I'm assuming this is because the truck's movement depends on player speed and distance, which can't be achieved (maybe nowadays it can in modern RAGE) with normal cameras but can be done with paths (path the dummy "camera trucks" in the air then hide them). Pretty clever. :kekw: People rib on Bethesda a lot for using a ped with a train head to make a train move, but you'd be surprised at the amount of hacks like this that even the most recent AAA games have. Really just game dev things lol, you do need shortcuts sometimes.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Lucas7yoshi
8 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

I'm assuming this is because the truck's movement depends on player speed and distance, which can't be achieved (maybe nowadays it can in modern RAGE) with normal cameras but can be done with paths (path the dummy "camera trucks" in the air then hide them). Pretty clever. :kekw: People rib on Bethesda a lot for using a ped with a train head to make a train move, but you'd be surprised at the amount of hacks like this that even the most recent AAA games have. Really just game dev things lol, you do need shortcuts sometimes.

yup, making flying trucks was preferable to adding a feature. or more likely a scripter was given the task and want qualified to add that kind of functionally and for some god forsaken reason did this as the "easier"

side note. Mr Phillips appears to have had these at one point aswell but they are not used in the final game at all.

GokuGeto
On 9/9/2020 at 9:39 PM, cp1dell said:

Probably meant to be used for the post story DLC with Trevor doing stuff for the IAA that was eventually recycled into Series A Heist, and I think the Doomsday Heist and Gunrunning? Correct me if I’m wrong about the latter. I’m not 100% on that one, but I’m pretty positive about the Series A Heist

Their probably gonna do the IAA recycle stuff for gta online

Wackyshrek
3 hours ago, Lucas7yoshi said:

yup, making flying trucks was preferable to adding a feature. or more likely a scripter was given the task and want qualified to add that kind of functionally and for some god forsaken reason did this as the "easier"

side note. Mr Phillips appears to have had these at one point aswell but they are not used in the final game at all.

What mod did you use to playback the YVR files?

12 hours ago, Lucas7yoshi said:

Searched a bit, didn't see anything, but this could be old given theres 299 pages here lol.

Some unused vehicle recordings played back in game, these reveal old road layouts, old mountains, old mission ideas, etc. Some of these are extremely long and are quite obviously just some dev driving around.

there is 100% others that i skipped.

mgchop001.yvr, one of the largest in the game. Runs for over 7 minutes.

vehicle chosen is an educated guess based on distance off ground

Reveal hidden contents

Steering looks keyboard-like

Beginning, plenty of differences in road layouts and some at PDM
(times are yvr time as seen at bottom)
2:45 Changed terrain
3:15 Possibly changed road? or just driving on the sidewalk intentionally
6:05 adjusted road
6:10 changed/missing building
6:38 tree

Conclusion: fairly early in development, fair few differences in roads, terrain, some buildings and definitely prior to a lot of small decoration propping.

txm_11_sc101.yvr

educated guess on vehicle again

Observations:

Hide contents

road layout mostly finalized

looks like controller input

Desert, lots of terrain changes

0:15 all the way to 1:01

1:15 propping differences, shortly after some minor terrain differences on the beach

4:51... rock

6:02 & 6:12 no sign

6:44 -> 7:04 some differences in the highway

More finalized in terms of road layout than the previous, fair few mountains changed though and less props then final. Certainyl some time before release.

zentorno_streamingf001.yvr

vehicle picked is not an educated guess

there is one with a v instead of an f at the end that is just driving back and forth

Very little of note, perhaps used as a unit test of some sort for streaming.

Might be controlled by keyboard

No noticeable changes whatsoever

3:50 hits the pylons, then goes back to finish em off and drives back

boatdepotfarms103.yvr

vehicle likely very wrong, bikes didn't make physical sense.

not much here, definitely beta though.

observations:

3:17 -> 3:45 prop and terrain variation

4:26 maybe road was different?

bary1spaceshipa102.yvr

something flying, the name convinced me they wanted to have a actual flying spaceship in the game for.... something

just flies over mirror park, hits a pole, then goes under some bridges near the end.

escape292.yvr

Uncertain use, educated guess vehicle, fair few blatantly different buildings.

Observations:

Hide contents

0:05 immediately different/unfinished building

0:38 old lifeinvader?

1:17 bumped into something that doesn't exist

1:55 altered roads

2:08 minor collision differences

3:05 building was altered.

Purpose very much uncertain. quite early in development.

judging by the file names, the TXM one was probably for Predator, an old Oneil route as the mission internal names follow a similar pattern. MGChop couldve been a beta for Vinewood Souveniers - Al DiNapoli, and chances are "escape" is for Eye In The Sky as you mention Lifeinvader

LaszloR1
8 hours ago, Wackyshrek said:

From the looks of it most were done in FiveM with a custom script he probably made. The father son one idk.

Lucas7yoshi
9 hours ago, Wackyshrek said:

32 minutes ago, LaszloR1 said:

From the looks of it most were done in FiveM with a custom script he probably made. The father son one idk.

yvr stuff is in FiveM just loading and running the yvrs on vehicles. if you know what your doing just look at the "recording" natives, all you need is to request it, and then run the play native. I added more stuff like the read ahead red line and progress bar however.

the father son one i learnt how to run scripthookvdotnet and just set all vehicles to visible every frame. I discovered it's yvr first before anything then I checked the decompiled scripts and realized what it was doing before I attempted to unhide them

HeySlickThatsMe

Hao's model from Tuners DLC was supposed to have a cap, model is still left.

unknown.png

And as a bonus Benny's updated model from same DLC was supposed to have a Watch (or maybe he still has it in the cutscene?) but for some reason it has weird green texture.

unknown.png

MrsRackman
On 7/16/2022 at 3:56 PM, Lucas7yoshi said:

bary1spaceshipa102.yvr

Hold on a second, might that actually be some dev's gametest while playing BaRRy's 3B removed mission? The one that mentioned in here [3:40]

SM Grunge
6 hours ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

Hao's model from Tuners DLC was supposed to have a cap, model is still left.

unknown.png

And as a bonus Benny's updated model from same DLC was supposed to have a Watch (or maybe he still has it in the cutscene?) but for some reason it has weird green texture.

unknown.png

That's awesome thanks, I love that snapback. I could have sworn there were several LS caps with different colors but they were removed before launch, leaving only the black and grey cap

Probably a dumb question but why did they leave dev recordings that Lucas linked above in the game files? Just for reference while it was in development or?

Edited by zxnd

HeySlickThatsMe
13 hours ago, SM Grunge said:

I could have sworn there were several LS caps with different colors but they were removed before launch, leaving only the black and grey cap

That's correct, they had a red, yellow, blue, green and purple and camo variants which got cut, you can see green one here, from what I know these tattoos aren't in the game either but I can't confirm this yet

official-screenshots-local-artisans-3-1.

I remade all of the cap variants except the camo one due to difficulties (the UV Map just sucks and I don't really know how to make the camo connect both sides of the cap at the back) although I did not release yet because I wanna make a pack of cut clothing variants

• Like 2

SM Grunge
2 hours ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

That's correct, they had a red, yellow, blue, green and purple and camo variants which got cut, you can see green one here, from what I know these tattoos aren't in the game either but I can't confirm this yet

official-screenshots-local-artisans-3-1.

I remade all of the cap variants except the camo one due to difficulties (the UV Map just sucks and I don't really know how to make the camo connect both sides of the cap at the back) although I did not release yet because I wanna make a pack of cut clothing variants

Really, can't wait to see that pack man

Spider-Vice
11 hours ago, zxnd said:

Probably a dumb question but why did they leave dev recordings that Lucas linked above in the game files? Just for reference while it was in development or?

I mean, all games have leftover development content in the files. Just tests for pathing, car recordings and what not I suppose. Some of them just happen to be from very early builds.

• Like 2

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives