The GTA V beta hunt

StJimmy

MrsRackman
5 hours ago, universetwisters said:

The review copy aint gonna have sh*t on it, its literally a regular copy of the game but sent out to reviewers 

Still, there's a small chance of some leftovers I think. GTAV's asian version had some exclusive leftovers, which were not present in any other release 

• Like 2

universetwisters
3 hours ago, MrsRackman said:

Still, there's a small chance of some leftovers I think. GTAV's asian version had some exclusive leftovers, which were not present in any other release 

If there's any leftovers that haven't been found before I will literally eat one of the rats living underneath my house

sTgL5iS.png

Rolf Wiedeke
On 5/10/2022 at 6:46 PM, GTAVI(CE) said:

I just bought a GTA V PS3 review copy (not for sale).

I will see what game version it is.

It's the same thing as the final game. You're paying for a different looking disc and a jewel case. And all this for a few hundred bucks.... lol

• KEKW 2

17 hours ago, universetwisters said:

If there's any leftovers that haven't been found before I will literally eat one of the rats living underneath my house

Noted.

• KEKW 1

Spider-Vice

Even if that review disc is like 5 builds behind, it's very likely there won't be anything different in terms of content, but some bug fixes.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

LegitimatePride
On 5/11/2022 at 2:19 AM, HeySlickThatsMe said:

From what I know the review copies are 1:1 as retail version so it doesn't really matter (unless I'm wrong of course)

The point still stands, don't expose yourselves like this, people. We already lost the holy grail of beta content due to the people having it exposing themselves like that.

On 5/10/2022 at 2:33 PM, Rolf Wiedeke said:

The build was half broken/corrupt ed. He never posted anything gameplay-wise. Not to mention, his friend (the actual owner of the build) wanted to fix it to get more attention and raise the value of the build, to sell it later. Instead of getting more money, they got T2 on their case. Nice attitude... Maybe it's true when the say you reap what you sow. If they were intelligent enough, they could have easily made a fake identity and post the  image of that devkit's HDD from a public connection, so we can all enjoy it. 

On 5/10/2022 at 2:51 PM, Precursors Fun World said:

To sell it later? why just not upload everything in the exact moment they got their hands on it? what a dick!

On 5/10/2022 at 2:55 PM, BS_BlackScout said:

It's either greed or clout getting in the way of that stuff. Sucks.

Where did this "Sell it later" thing come from? The hard drives were wiped, that was the issue, but they wern't wiped properly, only quick wiped, so person 1 was running recovery software and trying to snatch out files that could be used, this required a modification to certain tools so that 1, the PS3 drive could be read on PC, 2, the recovered files matched up to the list of recovered hashes, 3, we could then extract the files and convert them for showing proof (this required a slight edit of the PS3 AWC tool). There was plenty and I mean PLENTY of corrupt files that were not of any use, luckily audio was easy because it used MP3 on the PS3 so the even if a file was not complete, it'd still playback what was there before just cutting off.

The problem is that bigger and more complex files took more time, we got a few text files from the game too, as well as DJ comments which revealed even more cut songs and earlier songs, etc. We got the vehicle list which at this point only had one different vehicle (a blimp) but as far as I'm aware they only just got started on cracking the archive files which is why we have the frontend stuff and such from this PS3 build but not the later things like character models, map files, etc.

Remember, what got them caught was a person here posting all the stuff on Reddit with links to the files from my dropbox.

Rolf Wiedeke
12 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

Where did this "Sell it later" thing come from? The hard drives were wiped, that was the issue, but they wern't wiped properly, only quick wiped, so person 1 was running recovery software and trying to snatch out files that could be used, this required a modification to certain tools so that 1, the PS3 drive could be read on PC, 2, the recovered files matched up to the list of recovered hashes, 3, we could then extract the files and convert them for showing proof (this required a slight edit of the PS3 AWC tool). There was plenty and I mean PLENTY of corrupt files that were not of any use, luckily audio was easy because it used MP3 on the PS3 so the even if a file was not complete, it'd still playback what was there before just cutting off.

The problem is that bigger and more complex files took more time, we got a few text files from the game too, as well as DJ comments which revealed even more cut songs and earlier songs, etc. We got the vehicle list which at this point only had one different vehicle (a blimp) but as far as I'm aware they only just got started on cracking the archive files which is why we have the frontend stuff and such from this PS3 build but not the later things like character models, map files, etc.

Remember, what got them caught was a person here posting all the stuff on Reddit with links to the files from my dropbox.

I remember very well some of the stuff that happened back then. I also remember Carson saying something like "We want to make the build run, might increase it's value.....it's up to my friend" or something along those lines. And there was something more than that, but I don't remember much. (it was 5 years ago, and most of the posts are long gone). If I'm mistaken, I'm really sorry but it's been a long time. I don't wanna do harm to no one.

With this being said...

Who was the person that leaked the stuff on Reddit, and why did they do that for? Perhaps, you shouldn't have trusted strangers with those files, and keep the dropbox between you and Carson. I think that's where T2 got their info on, like you suggested.

Edited by Rolf Wiedeke

LegitimatePride
17 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

Actually, Carson messed up from the beginning by publicly exposing he and his friend with what was possesed. Simply possesing a devkit from Rockstar is more than enough for them to send G-men to people, they were known for doing it for quite a while.

Edited by LegitimatePride

MrsRackman

f*ck T2 anyways. By the way, shouldn't have that console belong to Carson now, not to Rockstar anymore? Vadim M stated that if someone gives such stuff to (chinese) recyclers, then the contract loses its legal force. Why the hell did T2 even storm that guy, was that legal to track somebody down and literally storm him? These methods were TOO excessive, in my opinion

Edited by MrsRackman
typo

On 5/12/2022 at 3:22 PM, Rolf Wiedeke said:

It's the same thing as the final game. You're paying for a different looking disc and a jewel case. And all this for a few hundred bucks.... lol

No, its an investment for me, because i am a collector.

And it was only 100 bucks. 

askay_keeners
4 hours ago, MrsRackman said:

f*ck T2 anyways. By the way, shouldn't have that console belong to Carson now, not to Rockstar anymore? Vadim M stated that if someone gives such stuff to (chinese) recyclers, then the contract loses its legal force. Why the hell did T2 even storm that guy, was that legal to track somebody down and literally storm him? These methods were TOO excessive, in my opinion

they're a legal mafia

• Like 4

Role-Play Walkthrough

It sure how to search within the topic on mobile, but have there ever been any documents, code, files, or anything else mentioning or referencing injured NPCs? Or the lack thereof? In GTAIV, NPCs could be injured, making them no longer a threat but also not dead, and it was a permanent state, not like the short bleedout phase in GTAV. We’re there ever plans to incorporate this system from IV back into V? Is there any information about why it didn’t end up in the game?

1 hour ago, LucidLocomotive said:

It sure how to search within the topic on mobile, but have there ever been any documents, code, files, or anything else mentioning or referencing injured NPCs? Or the lack thereof? In GTAIV, NPCs could be injured, making them no longer a threat but also not dead, and it was a permanent state, not like the short bleedout phase in GTAV. We’re there ever plans to incorporate this system from IV back into V? Is there any information about why it didn’t end up in the game?

that is purely something from Euphoria physics so I dont think so

Role-Play Walkthrough
31 minutes ago, Precursors Fun World said:

that is purely something from Euphoria physics so I dont think so

It was first thing I noticed on Sept 17, 2013, since it was so revolutionary to me in IV. I thought it was the coolest thing ever since it added to the realism ten fold without impacting the fun factor (since real life shootouts always have way more injuries than deaths). I assumed they were going to build on that but they just removed it. V especially could have used that for missions like blitz play and paleto score. 

• Like 3

HeySlickThatsMe
9 hours ago, LucidLocomotive said:

I mean, there's some unused crawling animations (also includes some leftovers from GTA IV, which also had unused crawling animations)

59 minutes ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

I mean, there's some unused crawling animations (also includes some leftovers from GTA IV, which also had unused crawling animations)

I saw a video about those crawling animations but I thought they were a mod. Do you know if you could crouch as well?

Rolf Wiedeke
15 hours ago, MrsRackman said:

I'm wondering what happened to the devkit.....As the law goes, R* only owned the content of the HDD. 

HeySlickThatsMe
44 minutes ago, SM Grunge said:

I saw a video about those crawling animations but I thought they were a mod. Do you know if you could crouch as well?

Crouch was also cut as there's unused setting in gameconfig.xml, if you enable it and disable stealth (line above or below) then it will replace the stealth button with crouch

There's also more unused crouch animations in game files, including sprint-like animation that was reused and retouched in RDR2

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

Crouch was also cut as there's unused setting in gameconfig.xml, if you enable it and disable stealth (line above or below) then it will replace the stealth button with crouch

There's also more unused crouch animations in game files, including sprint-like animation that was reused and retouched in RDR2

Does it function right?

Role-Play Walkthrough
2 hours ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

I figured it was originally intended, and cut. There are some points in the story where this REALLY shows. The most glaring example is the opening of “the wrap up”. You have to stand up to move across cover where logically Michael my would crouch across. It’s obvious that this mission was designed with crouching in mind, but just was forgotten or overlooked. You can’t avoid getting shot without luck

Edited by LucidLocomotive

universetwisters
15 minutes ago, Rolf Wiedeke said:

Why was crouching removed in the first place? 

Because they thought slightly hunching your back was a better way to sneak around

sTgL5iS.png

HeySlickThatsMe
7 hours ago, m3ssO said:

Does it function right?

Not really, there's a reason why it's clipset is named "move_crouch_proto", of course it doesn't allow stealth-like mechanics, it was also created before first person was a thing so it's quite buggy in first person, when you start aiming while standing still it will make your character float a bit, guns also clip through knees (this can be fixed by applying another crouch weapon clipset on top though) and it overall looks pretty dumb when aiming, especially during run strafe

But there's also those other crouch animations i mentioned which are located in "move_weapon@rifle@generic" clipset, these animations are idle_crouch, walk_crouch and run_crouch, and they're pretty neat (and they were reused in RDR2), the same clipset also has the following animations: idle, walk and run which also seem to be unused weapon movement animations, pretty interesting stuff

Let me just add another thing, inside misslamar1lam_1_ig_12 clipset you can find idle_franklin, walk_franklin and run_franklin which are unique movement animations which at some point were supposed to be used by Franklin in The Long Stretch, Lamar and Stretch have their own in the same mission but Franklin ones go unused because he uses his default gameplay ones, i don't know how they were gonna be implemented in the said mission though

• Like 4

There are two versions of the 'Trevor and Patricia Picture' from CPH finale,

Used in the cutscene

Spoiler

TrevPat.gif

Alpha

giphy.gif

Edited by DeltaV20
Updated

MrsRackman
On 5/21/2022 at 2:30 PM, DeltaV20 said:

Used in the cutscene

Hide contents

giphy.gif

Alpha

giphy.gif

Was the «this content is not available» one used in cutscene?

2 hours ago, MrsRackman said:

Was the «this content is not available» one used in cutscene?

post updated, unfortunately the gif was removed from giphy for being too fancy 

rollschuh2282
On 5/21/2022 at 1:30 PM, DeltaV20 said:

Used in the cutscene

Hide contents

TrevSex.gif 

Alpha

giphy.gif

could it be that this maybe depends on the region which file gets used?
like in japan and such, the clothed version is used and in other countries the regular "naked" version gets used

Guys there's probably still a devkit out there... Somewhere.... Probably an XBOX 360 or PS3 one. Let's hope someone can get their hands on it, as I for one would love to see what police system they had in store back in like 2012.

• Bruh 1

MrsRackman
1 hour ago, Matushka said:

Guys there's probably still a devkit out there... Somewhere.... Probably an XBOX 360 or PS3 one. Let's hope someone can get their hands on it, as I for one would love to see what police system they had in store back in like 2012.

Why are you so sure about that