The GTA V beta hunt

StJimmy

2 minutes ago, rollschuh2282 said:

source?
bc that doesn´t look ingame to me.
more like a render

It's from a portfolio of one Rockstar games employee. The dumpsters and the warning sign on the wall gave it away that they are the gta 5 assets. I might be wrong but the dumpsters sure look like it.

• Like 4

Ooh interesting 

11 minutes ago, -Voron- said:

It's from a portfolio of one Rockstar games employee. The dumpsters and the warning sign on the wall gave it away that they are the gta 5 assets. I might be wrong but the dumpsters sure look like it.

Maybe they’ve used the assets but made the rest of the scene from scratch 

boomboom5950
4 hours ago, -Voron- said:

I hope these haven't been discovered yet and it's what I think it is. But here we go. From the 2011 build of GTA V. 

chtCYY2.jpg

Q7dHS55.jpg

7Dg3lD0.jpg

99qP5Qk.jpg

where did you find this? It doesnt look like anywhere from gta v and looks more like gta 4 with icenhancer

• Like 2

This can't be legitimate. No footage found by people in developer portfolios has ever looked like this, from any RAGE game, as it's usually all either in-game, or renders that look A LOT better than this (as I think they can render some of RAGE's features within 3D Studio Max). Anyone can import GTA V assets into a 3D editor as well.

The graffiti is also from here, some random website.

http://graffiti-font-style.blogspot.com/2010/06/3d-graffiti-letters-pac-green-color-in.html

Perhaps you should go back and see what things actually look like in the rest of this topic. If this is indeed from the personal portfolio of a R* employee or ex-employee, it most certainly isn't from the actual games.

Besides, if this is were from a GTA V 2011 build, why did Trailer 1 look nothing like this? We also have truly early footage of GTA V in this very topic and none of those textures are there...

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

1 hour ago, -Voron- said:

Yeah guys this is from a portfolio of one of the artists in early 2011. So they were probably just testing the assets somewhere. This is legit tho i didnt make this.  

https://web.archive.org/web/20130812162434/http://afs3d.co.uk/City_Parking_Lot.html

maybe just asset building, that doesnt look like rage to me. we've seen earlier builds havent we? 

• Like 3

HeySlickThatsMe

Part 1.5 of beta clothing investigation: someone sent me this image, looks like one of the cut baseball jerseys was based on this (and my original post was inaccurate because i said this specific logo belongs to the red variant, this is supposed to be the "gray" one)

unknown.png

mp_fm_branding_039.png

So now we know how the "Swingers Gray Jersey" looked like (with gray instead of white ofcourse) going with this logic the "Swingers Red Jersey" should have white color be replaced with red and the logo swapped with the other one

mp_fm_branding_038.png

In part 2 I will discuss the cut T-Shirts, part 3 will be focused on sport jerseys

6fangedcutthroatTV
On 2/26/2021 at 12:15 AM, Konata Inoue said:

Yes, but it does make one question if the 7th and 8th gen versions were developed along side each other, or perhaps there was an older beta build running on the 8th gen hardware.

The PC version is the master-copy version of the game that was developed from day one. 

They did not re-develop anything, they didn't remake all the textures, a few that is it, just stuff that got changed as they went because the opportunity was there. Very little changed, just gave the higher textures that were only shrunk/lower mipmaps basically in the old gen & last gen consoles. They lowered resolutions to go on old gen, raised them slightly & enabled extra features in the Pro/XBOne versions & when the PC version came, it was the untampered original version of the game. They didn't remake anything for new gen or PC, they just de-nerfed the game more & more.

The original screenshots show effects (direct X 11 stuff, like the bokeh depth of field not seen in any console version yet) that is only in the PC version, since day one, before even the old gen "low settings/features disabled" stuff was even released.

The game was the PC version assets lowered in quality from day one, it just got released staggered on more & more powerful hardware so they could milk it 3 times in a row. The PS5 version is still not going to have parity with PC & the whole "seamless character switching" thing is not them, it is the PS5 hard drive. PC had seamless char switching with PC's that have SSD since day one, too. I predict PS5 will still be not "maxed settings" of the PC version parity. 

Rockstar/T2: "We do not just upres or remaster things & re-release them like other companies, at rockstar, we do more than that" 

Also Rockstar/T2: "Here, buy GTA Trilogy & GTA V fifteen different times lol."

Pure BS, every time they speak: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/rockstar-owner-discusses-remasters-strategy-says-its-not-interested-in-simple-ports/

Dan Houser & Leslie Benzies probably the most honest people ever to speak for them, sadly they are gone now. I miss Jeronimo, too. He had a couple good pieces. Aaron Garbut had a neat interview once. I lived my of my life in San Andreas than real life at one point in my life, so it was cool to see him say the same thing. Now dan left Rockstar & made his own non-rockstar, non-take 2 game company. Becoming a pattern.

Dan on What GTA Really Is:

Q. Is it fair to say that your games are satires of American culture?

A. I think it’s fair to say that they are set in a world that is a satire of American media culture.

Not america. American *media*. This is why they always put it in the Hollywood places, the places the whole world knows & watches on the big screen - NYC, Miami & LA/SoCal

Edited by 6fangedcutthroatTV

The current agendas/tactics that are plaguing the entire entertainment industry sadly now infected the Rockstar games. Dan and Leslie I bet cared about the gaming industry more than anything else so they were the first ones to respond to the changes.

• Like 5

HeySlickThatsMe

Part 2 of cut multiplayer clothing

Again like the last post let's start with something simple - the LOD Model of one female necklaces shows a totally different model

unknown.png

Infact this model is still present on another ped model (a_m_m_tranvest_02)

unknown.png

I guess it looked too basic and they decided to replace it with necklace pack from s_f_y_hooker_01 instead.

V-Necks

Now let's investigate the cut V-Neck shirts for males, based on the game files there were 4 variants cut, these texture files contain a placeholder checkerboard texture:

1. jbib_diff_001_c_uni.ytd
  2. jbib_diff_001_j_uni.ytd
  3. jbib_diff_001_k_uni.ytd
  4. jbib_diff_001_n_uni.ytd

Unfortunately it's unknown what one of them was, the three other ones were:

1. Love Fist V Neck (Returned in Hipster Update)
  2. Los Santos V Neck (Returned in Beach Bum Update)
  3. Cerveza Barracho V Neck (Returned in Beach Bum Update)

All of their logos are in day one files, right near all the other V-Neck decals, it's possible the last shirt was fully plain, without any logos or something, maybe it even came back in one of these updates.

T-Shirts

Based on the game files there were 7 variants cut, these textures files also contain a placeholder checkerboard texture:

1. jbib_diff_000_g_uni.ytd
  2. jbib_diff_000_j_uni.ytd
  3. jbib_diff_000_k_uni.ytd
  4. jbib_diff_000_m_uni.ytd
  5. jbib_diff_000_n_uni.ytd
  6. jbib_diff_000_o_uni.ytd
  7. jbib_diff_000_p_uni.ytd

Like in my previous post, one of the cut shirts was this green Prolaps version, briefly seen in GTA Online trailer:

unknown.png

mp_fm_branding_011.png

Another cut shirt can also be seen in the GTA Online trailer, this one's red and has unreadable logo...

unknown.png

unknown.png

Not a problem though, every one of the cut T-Shirts has their decals left which helps us solve more mysteries.

mp_fm_branding_007.png

According to my research these would be _N and _J letters respectively, based on the order of these decals in files.

This should be another cut shirt, unfortunately it's unknown what sort of color it would have, this would be _G letter:

mp_fm_branding_000.png

Another cut shirt, again unknown color, this would be the _K Letter:

mp_fm_branding_008.png

You know the drill, letter _M:

mp_fm_branding_010.png

Letter _O:

mp_fm_branding_012.png

Letter P:

This one is a bit funny because it's another item that's part of official Merch and also voice actors of Michael, Franklin and Trevor wore it when speaking to the audience at different events. Presumably the shirt was black colored like the IRL counterpart.

mp_fm_branding_035.png

GTAV_Tshirt_LosSantosBlkMen_Front_01.jpg

Part 3 will cover the cut sport jerseys, i could have merged it with this part but i still haven't done enough research yet, so i don't wanna make 50 posts or edits.

6fangedcutthroatTV
Spoiler
18 hours ago, sebbellic01 said:

Commentary on this; it is crazy they literally killed the caricature of him & took the most massive piss at him in V & now he is super excited about San Andreas VR on Oculus Quest 2. The piss was so massive, on so many levels. Beyond even this, every lifeInvader aspect of the game, on & off mission, from the big tech atmosphere of the corporate office to the website parody itself, to this, it was wild. Now they are publishing SAVR on the platform lol.

Edited by 6fangedcutthroatTV

It's called business, it's not like the people who wrote that decided the business of making a deal with Facebook (or Meta or whoever they are now :sadkek:). And it's also off-topic, as usual, so much random rambling in random topics lol.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

On 1/26/2014 at 5:58 PM, StJimmy said:

Apparently cops actually could arrest people, not just shoot them, like in GTA IV. I don't know why it was cut, they could have just reused the same code as GTA IV even.

Also: Crown Vic

http://media.gtanet.com/gallery/gta-5-screenshots/fullsize/RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_291.jpg

Online actually had damn heists too, this is the hardest one to believe

http://media.gtanet.com/gallery/gta-5-screenshots/fullsize/image_308144_fit_940.jpg

What mission is this? This screen was released after the Official Trailer, strange.

http://media.gtanet.com/gallery/gta-5-screenshots/fullsize/344.jpg

Some weapon cuts-

-Monkey wrench- same model as in By the Book, seen in Rehab Island commercial

-Fire Extinguisher- seen in Pisswasser Commercial

I know I'm 8 years late but I think that they were going use the Washington over of one of the other two police cars. As you can see it in the Curve of the back from were the Roof curves to go to the trunk. And I check it not the Vapid stinger from the 1st trailer 

• Like 3

HeySlickThatsMe

So this is part 3 of the beta gta online clothing investigation, i gotta say that there will be more, way more.

Thanks to Wildbrick for doing some research to help me, these new posts wouldn't be possible without him, he found out EVERY SINGLE cut clothing item name is still somewhere in old-gen files, i don't know where exactly myself but i presume all clothing names were included with the first patch that introduced GTA Online, since i couldn't find it in later archives.

This also means i did some mistakes in my previous posts so they will be corrected right now.

Without further yapping, let's start with cut fitted caps again.

Fitted Caps

Standard game only comes with two fitted caps - they both have "LS" written on the front. one is black and another is gray with black brim.

Thanks to Wildbrick we have names of the missing 6 variants and they are:

1. LS Red Fitted Cap
  2. LS Blue Fitted Cap
  3. LS Purple Fitted Cap
  4. LS Green Fitted Cap
  5. LS Camo Fitted Cap
  6. LS Yellow Fitted Cap

As you remember from my previous posts, image from Josimar's portfolio perfectly shows the LS Red Fitted Cap, which technically is nothing new but ill mention it again in this somewhat-giga thread

unknown.png

I was also browsing through pre-release images from GTA Online and i found this image, a character wearing a teal-ish fitted cap that is not present in the game either, this is presumably LS Green Fitted Cap from the list.

official-screenshots-local-artisans-3.pn

Another finding in another pre-release image - one of the players wears a purple fitted cap, that also matches with one of the caps from the list.

GTA_V_Online_8.png

This image is a bit special though, if you notice - the two players are wearing cut sport jerseys which was supposed to be the main topic for this part.

Sport Jerseys

So let's talk about the Sport Jerseys now, here's a list of all their names again provided by Wildbrick, unfortunately final game only features LS Pounders Top while the rest got cut.

1. LC Penetrators Away Top
  2. LC Penetrators Home Top
  3. LS Panic Away Top
  4. LS Panic Home Top
  5. LS Shrimps Away Top
  6. LS Shrimps Home Top
  7. LC Salamanders Away Top
  8. LC Salamanders Home Top
  9. Two-Tone Top
  10. LS Pounders Top
  11. Los Santos Black Top
  12. White Top 
  13. LOB Top
  14. Blue Top
  15. LC Rampage Top
  16. Navy Top

The first 8 tops are quite interesting i would say, Franklin has similar ones already but they have different names, although i heavily doubt the online ones were 1:1 replicas of them, because of different UV's and such, i won't be showing them in my post but i have something else.

Remember the Lowriders DLC Bobbleheads?

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I'm fairly sure they're based on the cut Sport Jerseys, especially that logos do match, speaking of logos, much like previous posts, every single decal is still left in files, so i will post them below in the spoiler, i won't go through which one belongs to which Jersey though, some can be easily matched if you just look at the list.

Worth to note that some of these Jerseys had one logo at the back and one at the front, so that's why there's "so much" of them.

Spoiler

mp_fm_branding_021.png

mp_fm_branding_022.png

mp_fm_branding_023.png

mp_fm_branding_024.png

mp_fm_branding_025.png

mp_fm_branding_026.png

mp_fm_branding_027.png

mp_fm_branding_028.png

mp_fm_branding_029.png

mp_fm_branding_030.png

mp_fm_branding_031.png

mp_fm_branding_032.png

mp_fm_branding_033.png

mp_fm_branding_034.png

mp_fm_branding_035.png

mp_fm_branding_036.png

mp_fm_branding_037.png

As you remember in my original post i said that the "Los Santos" logo would have been for a shirt, but i was wrong, it's for one of these Jerseys as indicated by "Los Santos Black Top" which is also worn by one of the players on the ingame image above, although the decal cannot be seen.

So now that we're talking about shirt's...

T-Shirts and V-Necks

Again it seems i was a bit wrong about them, but i also was quite spot on, i won't go much into detail - just see the lists.

T Shirts

1. Crew T-Shirt (Vanilla)
  2. Yeti T-Shirt (Vanilla)
  3. Charcoal T-Shirt (Vanilla)
  4. Stank T-Shirt (Vanilla)
  5. Ranch T-Shirt (Vanilla)
  6. Pikeys T-Shirt (Vanilla)
  7. Two-Tone Striped T-Shirt
  8. Multi-Logo T-Shirt (Vanilla)
  9. Sweatbox T-Shirt (Vanilla)
  10. PW Football T-Shirt
  11. Corkers T-Shirt
  12. Eris T-Shirt (Vanilla)
  13. Just Say You Did It T-Shirt
  14. Prolaps T-Shirt
  15. Make Your Mark T-Shirt
  16. Panic T-Shirt (Looks like the Panic logo was shared between Jerseys and T-Shirts)

V Necks

1. White V Neck (Vanilla)
  2. Ash V Neck (Vanilla)
  3. Love Fist V Neck (Brought back in DLC)
  4. Swallow V Neck (Vanilla)
  5. Harsh Souls V Neck (Vanilla)
  6. Broker V Neck (Vanilla)
  7. Hip-Hop Royalty V Neck (Vanilla)
  8. Charcoal V Neck (Brought back in DLC)
  9. G&B V Neck (Vanilla)
  10. Cerveza Barracho V Neck (Brought back in DLC)
  11. Los Santos V Neck (Brought back in DLC)
  12. Dark Teal V Neck
  13. Brown V Neck
  14. Lime V Neck
  15. Signs V Neck (Vanilla)
  16. Blue Striped V Neck (Brought back in DLC)

Baseball Shirts/Jerseys

And Lastly - i was also a bit wrong about the Baseball Shirts, i originally said that a bunch returned with Hipsters DLC, but only a few were actually the ones returning.

Again won't go much into detail as i already made posts about them, just see the list.

1. Ash Jersey
  2. Swingers Gray Jersey
  3. Swingers Red Jersey
  4. Purple Accent Jersey
  5. Corkers Jersey
  6. Squeezers Jersey
  7. Feud Striped Jersey
  8. Feud Two-Tone Jersey
  9. Baseball League Jersey
  10. Teal Jersey
  11. Black Jersey
  12. Pikeys Jersey (Brought back in DLC)
  13. Gray Jersey
  14. Burgundy Jersey
  15. Charcoal Jersey
  16. Lilac Accent Jersey

Although as you can see in this list, either R* replaced some of them with fully new variants as seen in final game or they got totally renamed. Some of the trailer ones are missing too which is weird (like the Camo Tee which was brought back in Hipsters DLC)

1. Red Accent Tee
  2. Sky Blue Tee
  3. Slate Tee
  4. Gray Two-Tone Tee

Meanwhile Hipster DLC has these:

1. Camo Tee
  2. Pikeys Tee
  3. Yellow Tee
  4. Charcoal Two-Tone Tee
  5. Flower Fractal Tee

On other hand it's not really a problem if somebody was about to make a mod 👀 to recreate the cut shirts considering that Hipster DLC already did add some of the cut variations which means more spare slots for the "missing" ones.

Edited by HeySlickThatsMe

Has anyone got builds.xml & missions.xml files from Xbox 360 and PS3? I'd like to compare the text files

On 8/22/2014 at 4:34 PM, WildBrick142 said:

Some more finds (not in the flight school dlc but in normal game)

There is a lot of empty, but interesting, texture files.
http://i.imgur.com/SQZyG0U.png

Online Gang attacks were triggered on map and had a HUD icon.

http://i.imgur.com/DatN17C.png

I just realized this icon went used for "King of the Castle" random event in 2015 update. Damn, guess we shoulda read some older posts and find out what unused content became used

1 hour ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

So this is part 3 of the beta gta online clothing investigation, i gotta say that there will be more, way more.

Thanks to Wildbrick for doing some research to help me, these new posts wouldn't be possible without him, he found out EVERY SINGLE cut clothing item name is still somewhere in old-gen files, i don't know where exactly myself but i presume all clothing names were included with the first patch that introduced GTA Online, since i couldn't find it in later archives.

This also means i did some mistakes in my previous posts so they will be corrected right now.

Without further yapping, let's start with cut fitted caps again.

Fitted Caps

Standard game only comes with two fitted caps - they both have "LS" written on the front. one is black and another is gray with black brim.

Thanks to Wildbrick we have names of the missing 6 variants and they are:

1. LS Red Fitted Cap
  2. LS Blue Fitted Cap
  3. LS Purple Fitted Cap
  4. LS Green Fitted Cap
  5. LS Camo Fitted Cap
  6. LS Yellow Fitted Cap

As you remember from my previous posts, image from Josimar's portfolio perfectly shows the LS Red Fitted Cap, which technically is nothing new but ill mention it again in this somewhat-giga thread

unknown.png

I was also browsing through pre-release images from GTA Online and i found this image, a character wearing a teal-ish fitted cap that is not present in the game either, this is presumably LS Green Fitted Cap from the list.

official-screenshots-local-artisans-3.pn

Another finding in another pre-release image - one of the players wears a purple fitted cap, that also matches with one of the caps from the list.

GTA_V_Online_8.png

This image is a bit special though, if you notice - the two players are wearing cut sport jerseys which was supposed to be the main topic for this part.

Sport Jerseys

So let's talk about the Sport Jerseys now, here's a list of all their names again provided by Wildbrick, unfortunately final game only features LS Pounders Top while the rest got cut.

1. LC Penetrators Away Top
  2. LC Penetrators Home Top
  3. LS Panic Away Top
  4. LS Panic Home Top
  5. LS Shrimps Away Top
  6. LS Shrimps Home Top
  7. LC Salamanders Away Top
  8. LC Salamanders Home Top
  9. Two-Tone Top
  10. LS Pounders Top
  11. Los Santos Black Top
  12. White Top 
  13. LOB Top
  14. Blue Top
  15. LC Rampage Top
  16. Navy Top

The first 8 tops are quite interesting i would say, Franklin has similar ones already but they have different names, although i heavily doubt the online ones were 1:1 replicas of them, because of different UV's and such, i won't be showing them in my post but i have something else.

Remember the Lowriders DLC Bobbleheads?

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I'm fairly sure they're based on the cut Sport Jerseys, especially that logos do match, speaking of logos, much like previous posts, every single decal is still left in files, so i will post them below in the spoiler, i won't go through which one belongs to which Jersey though, some can be easily matched if you just look at the list.

Worth to note that some of these Jerseys had one logo at the back and one at the front, so that's why there's "so much" of them.

Reveal hidden contents

mp_fm_branding_021.png

mp_fm_branding_022.png

mp_fm_branding_023.png

mp_fm_branding_024.png

mp_fm_branding_025.png

mp_fm_branding_026.png

mp_fm_branding_027.png

mp_fm_branding_028.png

mp_fm_branding_029.png

mp_fm_branding_030.png

mp_fm_branding_031.png

mp_fm_branding_032.png

mp_fm_branding_033.png

mp_fm_branding_034.png

mp_fm_branding_035.png

mp_fm_branding_036.png

mp_fm_branding_037.png

As you remember in my original post i said that the "Los Santos" logo would have been for a shirt, but i was wrong, it's for one of these Jerseys as indicated by "Los Santos Black Top" which is also worn by one of the players on the ingame image above, although the decal cannot be seen.

So now that we're talking about shirt's...

T-Shirts and V-Necks

Again it seems i was a bit wrong about them, but i also was quite spot on, i won't go much into detail - just see the lists.

T Shirts

1. Crew T-Shirt (Vanilla)
  2. Yeti T-Shirt (Vanilla)
  3. Charcoal T-Shirt (Vanilla)
  4. Stank T-Shirt (Vanilla)
  5. Ranch T-Shirt (Vanilla)
  6. Pikeys T-Shirt (Vanilla)
  7. Two-Tone Striped T-Shirt
  8. Multi-Logo T-Shirt (Vanilla)
  9. Sweatbox T-Shirt (Vanilla)
  10. PW Football T-Shirt
  11. Corkers T-Shirt
  12. Eris T-Shirt (Vanilla)
  13. Just Say You Did It T-Shirt
  14. Prolaps T-Shirt
  15. Make Your Mark T-Shirt
  16. Panic T-Shirt (Looks like the Panic logo was shared between Jerseys and T-Shirts)

V Necks

1. White V Neck (Vanilla)
  2. Ash V Neck (Vanilla)
  3. Love Fist V Neck (Brought back in DLC)
  4. Swallow V Neck (Vanilla)
  5. Harsh Souls V Neck (Vanilla)
  6. Broker V Neck (Vanilla)
  7. Hip-Hop Royalty V Neck (Vanilla)
  8. Charcoal V Neck (Brought back in DLC)
  9. G&B V Neck (Vanilla)
  10. Cerveza Barracho V Neck (Brought back in DLC)
  11. Los Santos V Neck (Brought back in DLC)
  12. Dark Teal V Neck
  13. Brown V Neck
  14. Lime V Neck
  15. Signs V Neck (Vanilla)
  16. Blue Striped V Neck (Brought back in DLC)

Baseball Shirts/Jerseys

And Lastly - i was also a bit wrong about the Baseball Shirts, i originally said that a bunch returned with Hipsters DLC, but only a few were actually the ones returning.

Again won't go much into detail as i already made posts about them, just see the list.

1. Ash Jersey
  2. Swingers Gray Jersey
  3. Swingers Red Jersey
  4. Purple Accent Jersey
  5. Corkers Jersey
  6. Squeezers Jersey
  7. Feud Striped Jersey
  8. Feud Two-Tone Jersey
  9. Baseball League Jersey
  10. Teal Jersey
  11. Black Jersey
  12. Pikeys Jersey (Brought back in DLC)
  13. Gray Jersey
  14. Burgundy Jersey
  15. Charcoal Jersey
  16. Lilac Accent Jersey

Although as you can see in this list, either R* replaced some of them with fully new variants as seen in final game or they got totally renamed. Some of the trailer ones are missing too which is weird (like the Camo Tee which was brought back in Hipsters DLC)

1. Red Accent Tee
  2. Sky Blue Tee
  3. Slate Tee
  4. Gray Two-Tone Tee

Meanwhile Hipster DLC has these:

1. Camo Tee
  2. Pikeys Tee
  3. Yellow Tee
  4. Charcoal Two-Tone Tee
  5. Flower Fractal Tee

On other hand it's not really a problem if somebody was about to make a mod 👀 to recreate the cut shirts considering that Hipster DLC already did add some of the cut variations which means more spare slots for the "missing" ones.

That really makes me wonder why they cut them all... What was the actual point of this?...

NightmanCometh96
14 minutes ago, D.VA said:

Has anyone got builds.xml & missions.xml files from Xbox 360 and PS3? I'd like to compare the text files

You can find them both on The Cutting Room Floor.

4 minutes ago, NightmanCometh96 said:

You can find them both on The Cutting Room Floor.

These both seem to be taken from PS3 [tried extracting these files from PS3-rip yesterday and missions.xml file matched TCRF's file size, while builds.xml on their site seems to be ~ 16Kbs smaller). And I know for sure there are at least some changes in X360 & PS3 missions.xml file, judging by Vadim M's beta analysis.

Edited by D.VA

On 8/25/2014 at 1:19 AM, Tez2 said:

It's not confirmed .

This is builds of GTAV , they can be used by gameconfig.xml

Examples :

Hide contents

Using build "beta"

<!-- Beta configuration overrides -->		<Item>			<Build>beta</Build>			<Platforms>Any</Platforms>			<Config type="CGameConfig">				<PoolSizes>					<Entries>						<!-- test_startup creates lots of peds and cars around Pershing Square -->						<Item>							<PoolName>CScriptEntityExtension</PoolName>							<PoolSize value="250"/>						</Item>					</Entries>				</PoolSizes>			</Config>		</Item>

Ha, the in-game Legion Square territory is still called as Pershing Square here. Damn, we really shoulda explore these old posts more now

On 7/4/2017 at 4:21 AM, Spider-Vice said:

Meanwhile, while going through the original PC files (pre-delay and pre-update.rpf), located in the x64 archives, I found something interesting. This GTA V PC chat GFX file (multiplayer_chat.gfx), last modified in... September 2014. Quite different from what we have today, more reminiscent of clients like MTA.

<xmp:ModifyDate>2014-09-26T10:50:45-04:00</xmp:ModifyDate>

http://i.imgur.com/zD5jnUM.png

Is there anything else from Fall 2014 PC version?

HeySlickThatsMe
1 hour ago, D.VA said:

Ha, the in-game Legion Square territory is still called as Pershing Square here. Damn, we really shoulda explore these old posts more now

Looking through a lot of them pains me knowing that they extracted gxt2 files and never uploaded them before the build was taken away, it would have been a gold mine of content 

But overall though, there's plenty of good stuff on some of the older pages, I thought to make a fandom page about GTA V Beta too (yes, I know that TCRF exists but I think having one unified Wikia page for beta content would work better and gives way more freedom if you know what I mean) 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

Looking through a lot of them pains me knowing that Carson extracted gxt2 files and never uploaded them, as it would have been a gold mine of content 

But overall though, there's plenty of good stuff on some of the older pages, I thought to make a fandom page about GTA V Beta too (yes, I know that TCRF exists but I think having one unified Wikia page for beta content would work better and gives way more freedom if you know what I mean) 

Man, I seriously want to explore the promo disks... Guess they were made in August 2013 and could have some leftovers in there

Edited by D.VA

HeySlickThatsMe
Just now, D.VA said:

Tss

Well I ain't sure if it matters considering the build is already gone, but sure I'll edit my post 

This may have been posted long time ago If not here's something interesting  I found an old gta 5  video from November 2013  that has  lots of cut dialouge but also some used ones  and interesting enough there's lots of people talking about the lost in the video (you can hear about the lost in the first couple seconds)   so I wonder is this dialouge from the og gta online they were trying to make? (Sorry if this old news)  https://youtu.be/61Jfhr-xteo

Edited by zxnd
  • Like 2

HeySlickThatsMe
54 minutes ago, zxnd said:

up ^

//Edit actually im thinking about other file called mpdlc so I'll return to the original post below

All of this dialogue is from scrapped multiplayer dlc(s) from oldgen, that included:

-Some sort of new jobs from Gerald

-Pink Slip races for Hao and Simeon, with ability to gamble cars

-Some sort of phone upgrades (possibly the current gen ones, some weren't present back then) and ability to "get information" about player by calling Lester (unknown what sort of information, I assume looking at their stats for fun)

-Some sort of merchandise and stock market for Martin Madrazo, seems also to be early prototype of executives and other criminals dlc (because of lines where Martin tells you to buy a property to store product)

-Kickstart arena and off-road biking for Dom

-Casino, introduced by Lester and Martin

We somewhat received all of these updates now, but heavily different

So just like I said I thought of different file, mpct archives have voice lines for Lamar allowing you to call families backup, Edgar Carlos allowing you to call Vagos backup and Al Carter allowing you to call Lost MC backup, these last two ones were for early GTA Online with cops & crooks indeed

4 hours ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

//Edit actually im thinking about other file called mpdlc so I'll return to the original post below

All of this dialogue is from scrapped multiplayer dlc(s) from oldgen, that included:

-Some sort of new jobs from Gerald

-Pink Slip races for Hao and Simeon, with ability to gamble cars

-Some sort of phone upgrades (possibly the current gen ones, some weren't present back then) and ability to "get information" about player by calling Lester (unknown what sort of information, I assume looking at their stats for fun)

-Some sort of merchandise and stock market for Martin Madrazo, seems also to be early prototype of executives and other criminals dlc (because of lines where Martin tells you to buy a property to store product)

-Kickstart arena and off-road biking for Dom

-Casino, introduced by Lester and Martin

We somewhat received all of these updates now, but heavily different

So just like I said I thought of different file, mpct archives have voice lines for Lamar allowing you to call families backup, Edgar Carlos allowing you to call Vagos backup and Al Carter allowing you to call Lost MC backup, these last two ones were for early GTA Online with cops & crooks indeed

Ooh nice either way this was something cool to refind hopefully some people on this thread can learn something new. Also recently read all of the forums up untill now and noticed lots of stuff from 2014-2016 is now kinda gone since lots of image links are dead and its sad knowing we kinda discorved lots of gta 5 beta cut content or what we can of it anyway 

• Like 2

HeySlickThatsMe

A quite small find, i was browsing through some old pages of this forum and somebody showed files of some sort of website or companion app (not the chop one) and there also was a link to it's assets, hosted by Ash

What nobody talked about though, there's a map icon called radar_mount which shows, well, a mountain as expected, this blip doesn't exist in normal game files, this one's also 24x24 but has current-gen style (map icons come with 64x64 resolution too)

radar_mount.png

Wasn't there some pre-release rumor or a web article saying that GTA V will have mountain climbing activity? What if this blip was for it? (Ofcourse this one is remastered version, but as we know even cut weapons got their icons remastered by artists)

There also was radar_custompoi which looks pretty similar to already existing point of interest blip but with it's inside filled

radar_custompoi.png

Final one is like this 

radar_poi.png

Recreation

radar_poi.png

There's also player.png which looks like this, pretty out of place i guess

player.png