The GTA V beta hunt

StJimmy

So I was watching some gta 5  cut content videos I was watching this one 

and at 4:18 the guy mentions something about a cut mission called Harrier? (Probaly spelled this wrong sorry) and I wanted to ask do we have any dialouge left from the files?

HeySlickThatsMe
1 hour ago, Bloodkatan said:

So I was watching some gta 5  cut content videos I was watching this one 

and at 4:18 the guy mentions something about a cut mission called Harrier? (Probaly spelled this wrong sorry) and I wanted to ask do we have any dialouge left from the files?

The only thing we have is reference of this mission existing in missions.xml which is left in oldgen files (xbox360 and ps3) and I think cutscene audio which was extracted from said beta build that was mentioned few posts ago, there's some other leftovers like unused destroyed road model where you would plant the charges and the route of the truck (+ garage it came out from, which infact is where the tuners dlc car meet is, same building) 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

The only thing we have is reference of this mission existing in missions.xml which is left in oldgen files (xbox360 and ps3) and I think cutscene audio which was extracted from said beta build that was mentioned few posts ago, there's some other leftovers like unused destroyed road model where you would plant the charges and the route of the truck (+ garage it came out from, which infact is where the tuners dlc car meet is, same building) 

Ohh, sorry if it hurts to ask but could you link the posts where they were could posted I would love to read this I just wanna learn more about the game

13 hours ago, Bloodkatan said:

Ohh, sorry if it hurts to ask but could you link the posts where they were could posted I would love to read this I just wanna learn more about the game

https://vk.com/wall-52883859_21032  further in the video Solomon talks about this mission. Basically theyre shooting a scene for Meltdown movie and they want to cut costs by stealing a Hydra jet and making the scene look more real in the process.

• Like 3

On 12/28/2021 at 6:38 PM, Bloodkatan said:

Edit: nvm just realized other dude on top of me  posted the link 

Edited by zxnd

HeySlickThatsMe

I guess you can say i love finding something new in really old content, eh? 

Let's talk about some cut multiplayer clothing! 

And let's start with something simple, in the old portfolio from Josimar there's the image of character wheel, along multiplayer character with a cut red baseball cap.

unknown.png

Jerseys

Now let's do some detective work with some very familiar clothing items:

1. Feud Blue Jersey
  2. Feud Mint Jersey
  3. Squeezers Jersey

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

These of course will be known to you if you remember the GTA Online trailer.

Their logos are still in files together with all other day one decals for online characters, next-gen quality included.

mp_fm_branding_043.pngmp_fm_branding_042.pngmp_fm_branding_041.png

But i was thinking, what were the other cut variants?

unknown.png

Clearly the menu says there's 17 options, there's also 16 ytd files for these tees (and many other day one clothing items) so that means the first option is no top/go back or whatever it was, that leaves us with 16 variants, how the hell are we going to solve this mystery?

Day One

Only 4 variants:

1. Red Accent Tee (Jersey)
  2. Sky Blue Tee (Jersey)
  3. Slate Tee (Jersey)
  4. Gray Two-Tone Tee (Jersey)

You can see Red Accent Jersey is still located in the menu on the picture above.

I'm Not A Hipster Update

Said update gave us 5 more variants of the shirt, that being:

1. Camo Tee (Jersey)
  2. Pikeys Tee (Jersey)
  3. Yellow Tee (Jersey)
  4. Charcoal Two-Tone Tee (Jersey)
  5. Flower Fractal Tee (Jersey)

As you can see there is a link, in the menu above we can see Camo Jersey and Yellow Jersey, so we can assume that 5 cut variants were added back with mphipster.

So right now we have 9 known variants out of 16, that leaves 7 more...

What about the rest?

Well, it's pretty simple, you see, the remaining 7 variants that got cut are:

1. Swingers Gray Jersey
  2. Swingers Red Jersey
  3. Corkers Jersey
  4. Squeezers Jersey
  5. Feud Blue Jersey
  6. Feud Mint Jersey
  7. Baseball League Jersey

Sounds familiar? All of these are in the menu image above and we already know how three of them look like, that leaves 4 unknown textures, but hey we have their names!

Updating the list once again:

1. Swingers Gray Jersey
  2. Swingers Red Jersey
  3. Corkers Jersey
  4. Baseball League Jersey

So now you may be like, how the hell are we gonna know how they looked like? 

Turns out we can, but partially, it's easier with the swinger ones so i'll start with them.

Remember those unused logos i posted above? We have these aswell, they're right next to each other.

Swingers Gray Jersey:

mp_fm_branding_038.png

Swingers Red Jersey:

mp_fm_branding_039.png

Of course we don't know much about them but the names of the clothes and the logos tell us enough about the colors of the shirt itself.

This leaves 2 more shirts:

Corkers Jersey:

mp_fm_branding_040.png

Baseball League Jersey:

mp_fm_branding_044.png

Now these are more mysterious as the name doesn't tell us about the color of the shirts, we only have the logos, so technically it could be anything - gray, red, blue, yellow, brown

This does solve the mystery of the cut baseball tees though, now we know all of their cut variants.

But wait, there's more!

Nobody has ever talked about this from what i know, but there's also a cut t-shirt that's present in the same trailer.

unknown.png

As you might guess, we also have it's logo:

mp_fm_branding_011.png

There is a bunch more logos, including ones for cut sport tops - day one only had one variation lmao, they literally cut all of them.

We still have their decals though, however i guess i will make a separate post about that after i do some more detective work.

HeySlickThatsMe
1 minute ago, -Voron- said:

*snip*

I suggest removing the post before take two reads it 

• Like 3

https://imgur.com/a/TmBbugl

Some cool stuff from scripts

Not in order but one of them is about a call to someone named Lara in ARM3 mission.

other is Exercises minigames like benchpress and squats that you could do

theres one about unused mobile apps and the last is about using the observatory scope?? its in scaleform scripts so its supposed to be hud thing while using the observatory scope right? but its not used in the game.

Edited by -Voron-
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, m3ssO said:

what was it?

Sounds like somethin a T2 agent would ask 🤔

If there's no entry in the hud.gfx for the Heavy Rifle, the hud icon will default to the old beta Heavy Rifle icon

TjuE7Hy.jpg

UV0olrP.jpg

Here's the newly made icon for reference

mKfcM2p.png

Don't mind the other edited weapon icons, which in hindsight make me look like a huge liar

Edited by N. Man

13 hours ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

I suggest removing the post before take two reads it 

???

was it a mod or a find

some dev kit was sold recently to someone we dont know. It was a link to the auction.

Edited by -Voron-
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, -Voron- said:

some dev kit was sold recently to someone we dont know. It was a link to the auction.

That's interesting I wonder if anything will come out of it

HeySlickThatsMe
4 hours ago, Yarrow said:

I just wanna see someone get their hands on the 2011 build. Probably the most interesting version even if half complete. 

All i personally want is gxt2 strings, if only we had the ones from Carson's build, that would have been a gold mine even when if Take Two took away the build, we would have a source of insane beta content to this day, should have been a priority together with audio tbh

5 minutes ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

All i personally want is gxt2 strings, if only we had the ones from Carson's build, that would have been a gold mine even when if Take Two took away the build, we would have a source of insane beta content to this day, should have been a priority together with audio tbh

Im sure someone has it.. but hands will be slapped if ever released lol

maybe one day

Midnight Hitman
5 hours ago, Yarrow said:

I just wanna see someone get their hands on the 2011 build. Probably the most interesting version even if half complete. 

Yeah, seeing that Mt. Chiliad area from the hiker scene in the state of the 2011 build would be awesome.

53 minutes ago, Midnight Hitman said:

Yeah, seeing that Mt. Chiliad area from the hiker scene in the state of the 2011 build would be awesome.

I have no doubt in my mind thatll itll be HIDEOUS to look at from other angles. Theres no way that area wasnt curated for the trailer only.  

• Like 6

Midnight Hitman

Maybe the highway was placed differently back then, I mean, otherwise they would have had to intentionally hide it, and deactivate/mute the traffic or edit the sound in the scene a lot. Maybe between the hikers and the mountain there actually was vegetation instead of the highway. Only speculation, though. I mean, it would be so dumb because the ones who captured that scene for the trailer would have had to watch out for the highway to intentionally hide it, I mean, come on?!

Edited by Midnight Hitman
  • Like 3

And does anyone else find it funny that in the latest GTA Online DLC, the story is somewhat about the phone of Dr.Dre (Very rare item like the dev kit) with unreleased content on it getting stolen with a risk of them getting leaked somewhere. And you have to get it backby any means necessary. So basically if you convince yourself hard enough, you're playing as the Take-two goon sent after CarsonGT. 

Kaname Madoka

About that 2012 build, how much was dug up from that? I know you guys found the audio and mission stuff, but was there anything else that was dug up? What i mean is stuff about about character models, vehicles, buildings, locations, weapons, clothing etc?

HeySlickThatsMe
1 hour ago, Kaname Madoka said:

About that 2012 build, how much was dug up from that? I know you guys found the audio and mission stuff, but was there anything else that was dug up? What i mean is stuff about about character models, vehicles, buildings, locations, weapons, clothing etc?

Nothing else apart from some hud textures which are already in release versions (like PS3 or xbox360) from what i remember

• Like 3

nC - Steal Artefact From Base</name><description>Vagos have to steal an artefact from the base. Cops have to secure it and bring it to the airport. Lost try to ambush them.</description><scriptName>noname</scriptName><issues>ASSIGN</issues><storyDescription>Mission Description&#xD;Vagos gang members have to steal an artefact from the military base. Cops have to secure the item and bring it back to the army base. Lost MC gang members hear about the stolen artefact and try to ambush their rivals before they can bring it back.&#xD;&#xD;Full description here - T:\Martin Logan\Steal Artefact.docx&#xD;&#xD;</storyDescription

Does anyone know who Martin Logan is? is it a game character or probably someone in Rockstar? 

6 hours ago, HeySlickThatsMe said:

Nothing else apart from some hud textures which are already in release versions (like PS3 or xbox360) from what i remember

was carson or whoever had the build planning on releasing any other stuff from the 2012 build? 

Edited by zxnd

SprunkieMonkey

@-Voron-I've found Martin Logan in Grand Theft Auto Online Content Creation section in the credits

• Like 3

I hope these haven't been discovered yet and it's what I think it is. But here we go. From the 2011 build of GTA V. 

chtCYY2.jpg

Q7dHS55.jpg

7Dg3lD0.jpg

99qP5Qk.jpg

Edited by -Voron-
  • Like 4

rollschuh2282
56 minutes ago, -Voron- said:

I hope these haven't been discovered yet and it's what I think it is. But here we go. From the 2011 build of GTA V. 

chtCYY2.jpg

Q7dHS55.jpg

7Dg3lD0.jpg

99qP5Qk.jpg

source?
bc that doesn´t look ingame to me.
more like a render

• Like 3