Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
StJimmy

The GTA V beta hunt

Recommended Posts

Mr. Barão77
44 minutes ago, Naean said:

That doesn't appear to be a valid address either.

http://imgur.com/gallery/gDQdzbR

corrected link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Naean
3 minutes ago, Mr. Barão77 said:

Ah, that seems to be working. Thanks.  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Barão77
10 minutes ago, Naean said:

Ah, isso parece estar funcionando. Obrigado.  🙂

Again, sorry, I'm a layman in these things of posting photos on forums rs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Naean
3 minutes ago, Mr. Barão77 said:

Again, sorry, I'm a layman in these things of posting photos on forums rs.

No worries.  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WildBrick142
On 3/28/2018 at 5:05 PM, cp1dell said:

God, I really love the cut mission passed themes. I've been praying that someone would judge which ones would play for what missions based on how "important" or "intense" the mission was, and script them in.

2 years later, this can finally be answered;

 

it was pretty simple. the longer, or 'big' themes would play for every story mission, while the shorter ('small') themes played for strangers & freaks and side missions like races. wasn't anything like gta iv where the theme depended on the mission's importance.

 

i just restored it back to how it originally was. r* actually removed these in a really dumb way. basically every single functionality or whatever for these themes is still intact. all 6 audio entries still exist. obviously the sounds exist too in the files.

 

what they did was set all 6 entries to play that generic sound you hear in the final game. that's all. no magic, no permanent removal. just replaced audio names. everything still works just as r* originally intended lol

 

https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/restored-beta-mission-passed-themes-add-on-replace

 

  • Like 26
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackScout
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WildBrick142 said:

2 years later, this can finally be answered;

 

it was pretty simple. the longer, or 'big' themes would play for every story mission, while the shorter ('small') themes played for strangers & freaks and side missions like races. wasn't anything like gta iv where the theme depended on the mission's importance.

 

i just restored it back to how it originally was. r* actually removed these in a really dumb way. basically every single functionality or whatever for these themes is still intact. all 6 audio entries still exist. obviously the sounds exist too in the files.

 

what they did was set all 6 entries to play that generic sound you hear in the final game. that's all. no magic, no permanent removal. just replaced audio names. everything still works just as r* originally intended lol

 

https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/restored-beta-mission-passed-themes-add-on-replace

Nice work! Pretty funny that those sounds can be restored this easily. Now we need 2011 trees back. :V

Edited by BlackScout
  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cp1dell
5 hours ago, WildBrick142 said:

2 years later, this can finally be answered;

 

it was pretty simple. the longer, or 'big' themes would play for every story mission, while the shorter ('small') themes played for strangers & freaks and side missions like races. wasn't anything like gta iv where the theme depended on the mission's importance.

 

i just restored it back to how it originally was. r* actually removed these in a really dumb way. basically every single functionality or whatever for these themes is still intact. all 6 audio entries still exist. obviously the sounds exist too in the files.

 

what they did was set all 6 entries to play that generic sound you hear in the final game. that's all. no magic, no permanent removal. just replaced audio names. everything still works just as r* originally intended lol

 

https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/restored-beta-mission-passed-themes-add-on-replace

 

I’m so f*cking glad that you fixed this, and I’m even happier that you went through the trouble of notifying me so I could download this. Much appreciated!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zanesix

Now how exactly did that take so long to figure out? lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rollschuh2282
10 hours ago, zanesix said:

Now how exactly did that take so long to figure out? lol.

audio .rel files not easily editable.

like a lot of hashed names and such, so those had to be figured out first

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice

I can actually think of one reason they were removed, it's a nice job that it was restored but it does sound kinda lame imo. :p 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gunziness

Michael's themes are actually pretty cool IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735
18 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

I can actually think of one reason they were removed, it's a nice job that it was restored but it does sound kinda lame imo. :p 

I always wonder how things would've gone if they went with the original plan of having a different score for each character, especially how it would sound during crossover missions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Naean
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

I always wonder how things would've gone if they went with the original plan of having a different score for each character, especially how it would sound during crossover missions.

I really wish they had not only kept the character-specific event/mission complete music tracks, but also given every character their own pause menu music tracks. The vanilla final game is rather disappointingly generic and non-specific by comparison. Additionally, it feels like a significant step back from all the unique music tracks for each playable character in Grand Theft Auto IV and Episodes From Liberty City combined.

Edited by Naean
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cp1dell

IIRC the current pause menu music was going to be Michael’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Naean
5 hours ago, cp1dell said:

IIRC the current pause menu music was going to be Michael’s.

Oh yeah, I remember hearing that before too. It fits Michael as well, especially when paired with his unused event/mission complete music tracks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
killso
On 6/25/2020 at 1:27 AM, gunziness said:

Michael's themes are actually pretty cool IMO

all sound amateur'ish to me. Cool, but not professional and as serious as V is still trying to be ( even though it lost its seriousness compared to IV ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 6 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.