4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The GTA V beta hunt

StJimmy

@_CP_ Here's what my friend said about the matter:

''We can open RPFs using OpenIV but here's the problem. The retail version uses files like common.rpf, part0.rpf, audio_radio.rpf. They contain many other RPF files. They all have the same header and I don't know how to idenfity which file is a parent and which one is a child. The recovery program doesn't know where RPF files end so there's no way of finding those parent files yet. If I had a file calculation script, I could find the parent files. Now we've got a bunch of child RPFs than we can open''

@WildBrick142 That's up for my friend to deciede if he wants to make the files public.

EDIT: Here's what my friend said about the data:

''WildBrick142 asked for all the data but I don't want to do this... GTA 5 is worth a fortune. I want to fix it and keep it as a private build. I may send some photos or videos but not letting all the data for free.''

Some files and RPFs even are fine but not the entire thing, i'm very sorry. There's nothing i can do about it.

When we recover all the RPF's we will post any/all findings we find. If we get it working we'll record footage of the build running and stuff.

Would it be possible to buy the files from him I would like to do that?

Edited by MrBellicLC

ok, now my brain may tricked me, but did you said in the first post before you edited it, that your friend has also found horse models?

when yes, then we can probably somehow convert them to pc and finaly have horses

• Like 2

Deleted

Edited by CarsonGT
  • Like 3

You don't really own the material, just a copy of it, so that doesn't sound very legal. I'm no legal expert though.

Delete

Edited by CarsonGT

I never stated i did. And it kinda is but i'd risk the trouble to show you all this. I feel Rockstar is watching and if they do and going to shut down stuff.. atleast you got to see some findings before they were gone, right? I know this beta stuff isn't very legal but look at it like this.

It's an early build of a almost 4 year old game. That's it. No source code, just 1 or 3 builds out of the other 400 or more they've built. Rockstar should understand that we as fans and buyers of their titles, that we just want to know what they removed/wanted to put into the games we love, because that interests us. I don't see how this causes any harm. The only thing i could think of is that it can change someone's perspective of the game, but that personally is kind of a stretch. I still love playing the retail GTA V, even knowing what was removed and all.

you talk about the same company that shuts down portofolios because of a few pictures

Remove

Edited by CarsonGT

I was mainly talking about selling the data, that would be crossing the line in my opinion. Sharing it with us out of passion might still not be legal, but it's easier to defend. Though Rockstar still wouldn't like it.

Edited by Veroder

@CarsonGT
And this is why your friend should back up these files somewhere i.e. Mega, and don't public it unless Rockstar takes it down/you can't crack this one up. Even then, don't post it into the public, just PM the link to the trusted personas that know their sh*t, like Wildbrick, Ash or CP...

• Like 2

Won't take long 'till Youtubers start talking about it :) Thumbnails filled with arrows and circles and not to forget questionmarks

Which, in my opinion is barbaric if you ask me. Developers just showing the years of work they have put into a game, and for that they get a ''f*ck you'' from Rockstar, just because they put in some pre-release images of the game they helped to create. They get their sites shut down because of it, and I don't have words for that.

I guess it breaches some kind of NDA, and if that's the case then i mean... i guess Rockstar could do that. It's still pretty stupid, imo.

Any possibilities on any screenshots of the rural areas of San Andreas? more specifically Paleto Bay? my colleague worked on GTA 5 in 2011 on a 4 month contract for Rockstar Games, he was assigned a area in Paleto Bay, and most of his work was removed due to technical & hardware issues.

Deleted

Edited by CarsonGT

By the way, a pic of the Rockstar devkit where it was recovered from:

*pic*

Where on earth did you even find that console? You lucky bastard.

Edited by Mr.Arrow

@MrBellicLC That's actually really cool! I would love to see some kind of video of that.

I'm just curious, how did Carson get hold of a GTA dev kit? I haven't been here in a while and I may have missed him explaining it but I'm a bit on the fence about this. On one hand, I'd like to believe him and all the beta goodness but on the other hand, this reeks of fakeness akin to the North Yankton DLC

• Like 1

I'm just curious, how did Carson get hold of a GTA dev kit? I haven't been here in a while and I may have missed him explaining it but I'm a bit on the fence about this. On one hand, I'd like to believe him and all the beta goodness but on the other hand, this reeks of fakeness akin to the North Yankton DLC

And yet we all fell for the NY DLC. At least the first time.

So where's the proof this is real and we aren't falling for it?

Remove

Edited by CarsonGT

So where's the proof this is real and we aren't falling for it?

did you see the liveinvader conference videos he posted, they are legit

I'm also not familiar with the North Yankton DLC thing so...

nobody would go through the effort of making something like that to troll a forum.

I mean it just seems pretty far out there to think that devkits just end up "in the wild". If it was given away by a former developer like in some cases then that makes sense, but it isn't like you're gonna find one at a yard sale like some creepypasta sh*t. There's still a lot of questions like "where did you get the devkit" and the most damning of all, "if it were real, why hasn't rockstar shut you down yet?"

Again, I really wanna believe but past events and current circumstances are preventing me.

@rollschuh2282 - Wasn't the animation for that cutscene already found in the files? Someone could've put it ingame, rerecorded it with less people, etc. and done new audio. It wouldn't be too hard to fake.

Edited by universetwisters

Deleted

Edited by CarsonGT

I mean the placeholder dialogue in that Future video (plus why would they lipsync something for a placeholder?) you posted sounds just like the one in one of the

and the fact that rockstar hasn't shut this down yet are two big red herrings to me. Edited by universetwisters

Delete

Edited by CarsonGT
  • Like 2

>Sony hasn't taken any actions against devkits on ebay

>Game studios are OK with that
>Rockstar has tried in the past to block PC modding, taken down developer's portfolios, etc.

These are the red herrings. I'm not doubting that you can get a hold of devkits on ebay and sh*t because I know it's possible, I'm just doubting the circumstances and why I think it's fake. It'd be great if it were real and I'd be wrong, but Rockstar isn't breaking through your door with a C&D and that's a red flag.

Delete

Edited by CarsonGT
  • Like 3

@rollschuh2282 - Wasn't the animation for that cutscene already found in the files? Someone could've put it ingame, rerecorded it with less people, etc. and done new audio. It wouldn't be too hard to fake.

when you loook at the video from him, when jays head gets blown off, you see that the head is damaged on the opposite side

when you loook at the video from him, when jays head gets blown off, you see that the head is damaged on the opposite side

It wouldn't be too hard to mirror a model/texture, I don't recall which one it is but it isn't like it'll take years.

And Carson was right, the dialogue is the same. Still doubtful tho.

It wouldn't be too hard to mirror a model/texture, I don't recall which one it is but it isn't like it'll take years.

And Carson was right, the dialogue is the same. Still doubtful tho.

the wounded hand model is not present anymore in the files, and it looks exacly like in the final version, i don´t think that would be easy to fake, and why would he even put the head wound on the opposite side, the wound now matches with the leftover animation i found a few pages back, when the conference was still a ingame cutscene

• Like 3