2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

The GTA V beta hunt

StJimmy

I think we need to be careful because... maybe MrBossFTW is watching us and he is going to ripoff what we found.

What he said!

Watermark your findings, people, and make them big enough for that asshat to ignore!

Just Put The Logo Of The GTA Forums In The Pictures It Should Be Enough

NzB4GRf.png

Here's just a couple more I snagged.

PIC1: http://imgur.com/oDgoqJN

PIC2: http://imgur.com/Q1PtrJw

-

I got plenty more but it's on my desktop :)

The first picture in particular is my favorite as it shows how dense the forest once was behind the ski lift.

The second picture was taken around 2012, peep at the plants behind the church.

-

http://imgur.com/gWLyWY2

http://imgur.com/n3NPCaA

Holy sh*t man, this shows that Rockstar has all these ideas of a truly alive and realistic world and ideas of general gameplay (restaurants, music shows, etc) but are held back by hardware limits. I really can't wait to see what they do with current gen with GTA Next. RDR2 is looking beautiful. GTAV held up but it's certainly not as ambitious as Rockstar once invisioned.

Edited by Rodger Cheeto

TheHumanIsland

Pic comes from the same place as the other ones btw

So is it possible if you guys can share that location for those images ?

cut out, sorry, he cut it so I did too! Community matters!

Edited by TheHumanIsland

rollschuh2282

-snip-

sent a pm, but don´t post the link, or rockstar will shut this portofolio down!

Been editing out the borders of the image specifically so you can't find them, I guess? Sounds like something a youtuber would do to avoid revealing sources, ironically.

Remove the link and the pic, they're doing it because Rockstar will shut it down.

Edited by Rodger Cheeto

BS_BlackScout

Nice moralism there. We just don't want portfolios to be taken down. As hypocrite as that may sound... And it is indeed. I decided not to share portfolios anymore; that if I happen to find one. Well, ideas and people change so y'know.

Also, don't compare us to them. We do this solely for passion to Grand Theft Auto and we're not focusing on any profit or fame. Unlike them...

Kinda unrelated:

Funny... I've been once "spammed" via PM by some dude (won't say who). He was truly pissed about me sharing portfolios and links and was clearly unable to see the real reason behind doing all this sh*t. "Hurr, why are you doing this you little sh*t, what's the point?"

Good isn't it? I can't tell if enviousness or what? Even though there is nothing to be envious of. "Oh look my name was mentioned in 20 websites because I found some old pre-release pictures. Well, nice. So what? My life's still the same f*cking crap. How amazing."

Edited by BlackScout

TheHumanIsland

I see what you're saying and agree, I ninja'd that in there, I just thought it was a funny parallel. I should have said just kidding :p

Respect.

Edited by TheHumanIsland
  • Like 1

TheHumanIsland

Well should I take it down? Gotta kill the quotes as well, might as well wait for that. Maybe if a mod sees they can just delete my post and the subsequent ones?

Look, at least link people in PM's, I can't stand not having sauce on my steak.

Well should I take it down? Gotta kill the quotes as well, might as well wait for that. Maybe if a mod sees they can just delete my post and the subsequent ones?

Look, at least link people in PM's, I can't stand not having sauce on my steak.

Just remove it, the other guy is online and probably will too.

• Like 1

I don't know who decide to cut this vegetation, change the whole atmosphere but let me tell you something: You just f*cking killed this game, thank you, thank you Rockstar for the horse sh*t you gave, this horse sh*t that you call 'Most ambitious game'.

Anyways, thanks for the screenshots guys.

rollschuh2282

I don't know who decide to cut this vegetation, change the whole atmosphere but let me tell you something: You just f*cking killed this game, thank you, thank you Rockstar for the horse sh*t you gave, this horse sh*t that you call 'Most ambitious game'.

they cut also horses.

this means there is no horse sh*t in the game. :panic:

• Like 2

Aw man I hope he doesn't get fired for this or blackballed from the gaming industry.

Edited by Quinn_flower

Yeah they're called limitations, the FPS was horrible during development because of all the vegetation .

Edited by Rodger Cheeto

Well it could be due to technical limits or it didn't fit Los Santos, some of these screenshots do make Los Santos look very 'overgrown' with vegetation, but with the forest areas it is a shame they limited so much, I was expecting some type of massive desert and forest areas like in Red Dead Redemption, but we would have to wait a decade from now so they can re-create San Andreas again..

I mean, coming from a developer point of view - it was technically possible that GTA 5 could've handled all that vegetation on last generation consoles if they used some sort of technique using LODs like in Red Dead Redemption.

• Like 2

GTA IV playground assets?

BNwVtP7.png

where is this picture from?

In the game? That's Broker Park in East Vinewood.

Queen Elizabeth II

dyQXEa4.png

q5Uzbaa.png

gi3b06v.png

All that vegetation, It is really starting to make me hate the product that Rockstar actually released.

Because of all this vegetation game looked somewhat like Far Cry 1.

rollschuh2282

BNwVtP7.png

no i mean the source of this picture, because it isn't in the Portfolio like the others pictures

BNwVtP7.png

Woah thats a thing

I think they cut all the vegetation is because it looked too similar to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and they wanted to go for a more realistic approach.

I don't think it's real-life counterpart Los Angeles had a lot of palm trees near the highways, that's something that southern Florida has.

That also could be the reason why it never appeared in the next-gen versions, so they could focus on the details of what shaped the world enough for them already.

Edited by SodaDog
  • Like 3

I think they cut all the vegetation is because it looked too similar to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and they wanted to go for a more realistic approach.

I don't think it's real-life counterpart Los Angeles had a lot of palm trees near the highways, that's something that southern Florida has.

That also could be the reason why it never appeared in the next-gen versions, so they could focus on the details of what shaped the world enough for them already.

Baldwin-Hills_mini.jpg

westwood.jpg

about3.jpg

0_4200_92_2401_one_orange-vw-bus-residen

post-192351.png

echoparkpic.jpg

View-from-Kings-Court-Apartments-LA-1.jp

"Realistic approach" my arse...

No, framerate issues, they removed trees from the forest too. It's like they got a script that removed trees because there are random dirt patches on sidewalks where trees are supposed to be all over the city. They did the same thing in GTA4 actually, I know there are a few dirt patches next to the firestation in broker by Michelle's house.

The reason they weren't in next gen was because they didn't bother or because it would affect some jobs/races in online, maybe even things in SP created after they scrapped the trees.

Hoping one day we'll get the whole state of San Andreas with Southern San Andreas polished up to what they envisioned.

Edit: LA is beautiful, the graphics are top notch in GTAV and they do capture LA, shame about the vegetation though.

Edited by Rodger Cheeto

Can someone explain why all the screenshots on the dev portfolios look like sh*t? Like low res. I would love to see a high res beta shot.

BS_BlackScout

I see what you're saying and agree, I ninja'd that in there, I just thought it was a funny parallel. I should have said just kidding :p

Respect.

Oh, that's alright :) I took it the wrong way... :/

___

:O I've spent quite some time on Google Street View looking at the streets of LA. However, I never realized there was this much vegetation...

I guess GTA V twisted my vision of the city since there are several blank spots without any kind of foliage.

___

@RodgerCheeto

Perhaps because they think it's not necessary since it's just a website to show their work... Hey, at least we've got one example that didn't follow the "norm". Jon. Gwyn.

Edited by BlackScout
  • Like 1