3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

The GTA V beta hunt

StJimmy

TheHumanIsland

Did you check other 24/7's in case the same interior is used facing another direction?

Either way, looks great, thanks for doing this!

You can tell it was done in game, at a time prior to its final build, and that "sorry out of order" sign stands out hard enough that it could have been added in post, as well.

They could have added temporary lights. But the door shadow/lighting seems to be coming from two different directions, so that's why I ask if you checked if there are other 24/7s with the same interior, and a different orientation of the door/facing a different direction - if you check those, ytmnd.

Thanks again for doing it, it shows it was done in-engine. You are using different shadow settings, that, or layering the AA is even more than they did, making them sharper than even I expected.

You are using all maxed settings, so I won't ask if you are sure about reflection AA.

Try for other 24/7's!

The downscale in chrome was better than expected, too, but probably still not perfect.

And more than just the floor is missing those reflections, like the cash register. They probably disabled them for the final game, but enabled for more things before optimizing for final builds.

Edited by TheHumanIsland

Those promo pictures were released on the release week, mate. Game was done for a really good period of time already :p

There's no such thing as ''temporary lights''. The in-game one looks more realisitc and immersive, while the render has basic lighting to fullfill its purpose: to promote a game to the general public.

The quality you're talking about is simply related to the high quality render option used to render the scene in 3DSMax. You can get a scene to look just like it.

But enough about that, this is a thread about BETA content, I posted it to talk about the peds in the scenes, not to waste time arguing if it's either in-game or a render. I just commented on the render point as a sidenote. Let's not derail the thread when we're so close to 200 pages!

• Like 3

TheHumanIsland

The website was done, I am sure, months before release, even if they tweaked that stuff up until it was made public on their server. They didn't just pop all that info together one week before release.

They can place point lights and emissives around temporarily. I think the render matches the game pretty well, and after seeing the comparisons, it's better imo, even though I like the aesthetic of the final game better - darker, more ambient occlusion comes through.

True, we can end it, it is cool to have a nice comparison of those finally though thanks to Creeper.

That all said though, a "target render" is not uncommon I admit, it just looks so close to rage. But knowing max, you also know the real-time shading and customization of that can basically copy your own engine over nowadays anyhow, close as all.

Not to mention GTA IV's introduction of the "Max Renda" cosmetics line kinda leaning toward that, too.

Could be in the game, I'll say "maybe it was, admit it may not have been". Would still be interested in if there is a cloned 24/7 out there whose door and direction to the sun path matches the promo shot :p

Cheers.

Edited by TheHumanIsland

i think i just heard a LSPD Officer yell at me in a southern voice. could there have been a cut southern cop for the LSPD?

Edited by KENNYOUT3

Gas Station

Render/heavily edited:

24x7-2.jpg

In-game (Max settings + advanced max settings, DSR 4k)

VfJ1IJA.jpg

Your game is way too dark,something ain't right,here's mine:

PFEINZu.jpg

We can see that reflection quality on the floor in that "rendered/faked" doesn't exist in finial build:

LZv7zJx.jpg

It ain't faked,they're simply using above ultra settings that were just used for showcase,like lighting,reflection.

Edited by _MK_
  • Like 4

rollschuh2282

Gas Station

Render/heavily edited:

24x7-2.jpg

VfJ1IJA.jpg

PFEINZu.jpg

We can see that reflection quality on the floor in that "rendered/faked" doesn't exist in finial build:

LZv7zJx.jpg

maybe rockstar just disabled it in the visualsettings.dat.

because you can also enable the shadows for the interior of the luxor but rockstar disabled it, and the visualV team enabled it again

Edited by rollschuh2282
  • Like 3

I have reflections on PS4, maybe not as detailed as the floors in that screen but any windows from vehicles and buildings, ect. Even from a distance, say when in a helicopter looking at the reflections of skyscrapers on the windows of other skyscrapers..and this is in online. SP is noticeably better looking all around even on PS4, so kaybe its your settings/moniter?

Whatever R* did, I know a screenshot that is 100% totally not faked and truly done in-game. :^:

878-1280.jpg

Igor Bogdanoff

^

Hint : look at the the far left building

You nick is also hint

oCrapaCreeper

Gas Station

Render/heavily edited:

It ain't faked,they're simply using above ultra settings that were just used for showcase,like lighting,reflection.

Hmm, I'm not sure why it's so dark. It's a fresh install with no mods, brightness correctly calibrated, extra sunny weather. Maybe the different gas stations on the map have different lighting?

Gas Station

Render/heavily edited:

24x7-2.jpg

(Removed the picture)

PFEINZu.jpg

(Removed the picture)

maybe rockstar just disabled it in the visualsettings.dat.

because you can also enable the shadows for the interior of the luxor but rockstar disabled it, and the visualV team enabled it again

I can also see a missing thing that maybe do more automatic or something beside the cash register in the render picture, but same thing is already there also on right side of the picture. It was maybe unnecessary to be there beside the cash register. Sorry for make more post about this.

Edited by mads1153

No idea what speedo3 and speedo4 would be. speedo2 is the Clown Van, speedo is, well, the stock van we see in-game.

Newsvan maybe?

HeySlickThatsMe

I did send this to Vadim M , but i decided to post it here too :p

<Name>horse</Name>      <onFoot type="sMotionTaskData">        <Type>HORSE_ON_FOOT</Type>        <JumpClipSetHash>HORSE_JUMP</JumpClipSetHash>        <JumpNetworkName>TaskJumpHorse</JumpNetworkName>        <UseQuadrupedJump value="true" />        <FallClipSetHash />        <SlopeScrambleClipSetHash>ANIM_GROUP_SLOPE_SCRAMBLE</SlopeScrambleClipSetHash>        <WalkTurnRate value="3.541593" />        <RunTurnRate value="2.656194" />        <SprintTurnRate value="1.870796" />        <MotionAnimRateScale value="1.000000" />        <QuadWalkRunTransitionTime value="0.250000" />        <QuadRunWalkTransitionTime value="0.250000" />        <QuadRunSprintTransitionTime value="0.250000" />        <QuadSprintRunTransitionTime value="0.250000" />        <QuadWalkTurnScaleFactor value="1.000000" />        <QuadRunTurnScaleFactor value="1.000000" />        <QuadSprintTurnScaleFactor value="1.000000" />        <QuadWalkTurnScaleFactorPlayer value="1.000000" />        <QuadRunTurnScaleFactorPlayer value="1.000000" />        <QuadSprintTurnScaleFactorPlayer value="1.000000" />        <HasWalkStarts value="true" />        <HasRunStarts value="true" />        <HasQuickStops value="false" />        <CanTrot value="true" />      </onFoot>      <inWater type="NULL" />      <HasLowLodMotionTask value="false" />    </Item>
    <Item type="CTaskDataInfo">      <Name>Horse</Name>      <TaskWanderConditionalAnimsGroup>WANDER_ANIMAL</TaskWanderConditionalAnimsGroup>      <ScenarioAttractionDistance value="50.000000" />      <SurfaceSwimmingDepthOffset value="0.900000" />      <SwimmingWanderPointRange value="10.000000" />      <Flags>DependentAmbientFriend DisableCover DisableCower DisableHandsUp DisableVehicleUsage DisableUseScenariosWithNoModelSet DisableWallHitAnimation DisableReactAndFleeAnimation DisablePotentialBlastResponse DisablePotentialToBeWalkedIntoResponse DisableMeleeIntroAnimation PlayNudgeAnimationForBumps DontInfluenceWantedLevel DisableBraceForImpact IgnorePavementCheckWhenLeavingScenarios DiesInstantlyToFire DisableEvasiveStep FleeFromCombatWhenTargetIsInVehicle AlwaysSprintWhenFleeingInThreatResponse UseSimpleWander BlockIdleTurnsInSmartFleeWhileWaitingOnPath UseLooseCrowdAroundMetrics UseLooseHeadingAdjustmentsInMelee IgnoreDelaysOnGunshotEvents</Flags>    </Item>
Edited by HeySlickThatsMe

HeySlickThatsMe

Sry for double , both don't match :p
Just dropping this here
NOdKhqc.pngDUsl2xc.png
//edit
2011 Texture (I used PC texture as a base and made it look more like the one from original trailer , mostly i was basing on Pest control ped textures , since he has all the beta stuff for this outfit)
Ft3Ewuu.png
https://www.gta5-mods.com/player/old-bugstars-outfit-for-michael

Edited by HeySlickThatsMe

I've never seen these photos before...

They've been posted many times though, they came from here.

http://www.develop-online.net/studio-profile/in-pictures-a-rare-glimpse-behind-the-scenes-at-rockstar-north/0184127

• Like 1

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

BS_BlackScout

Your trees look so different, what did you do? There is no dither on the foliage. How?

HeySlickThatsMe

Your trees look so different, what did you do? There is no dither on the foliage. How?

L.A Vegetation mod

about the dithering , idk lol i have crap ton of mods installed

• Like 3

Officer Ronson

No idea what speedo3 and speedo4 would be. speedo2 is the Clown Van, speedo is, well, the stock van we see in-game.

Newsvan maybe?

The Newsvan is a Rumpo though.

Microsoft Word

Rockstar%20North%205.jpg

Rockstar%20North%203.jpg

I've never seen these photos before...

Those photos go way back to October 2013, I'm surprised not that many people noticed them.

Edited by PlayStation 4
  • Like 1

Newsvan maybe?

The two other variants would have likely been comparable to the other versions of the Burrito we have in game. Just minor misc components, For mission only purposes.

Edited by DM98xKONATA

Take A Daytrip, the guy who composed the OST for Import/Export, uploaded all the original Import/Export soundtrack, plus extra tracks that probably didn't make it to the game. Two with lyrics and an extra instrumental that was very likely cut.

https://soundcloud.com/takeadaytrip/sets/gta-online-import-export

The possibly cut instrumental: https://soundcloud.com/takeadaytrip/something-not-serious

Edited by Spider-Vice

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Take A Daytrip, the guy who composed the OST for Import/Export, uploaded all the original Import/Export soundtrack, plus extra tracks that probably didn't make it to the game. Two with lyrics and an extra instrumental that was very likely cut.

https://soundcloud.com/takeadaytrip/sets/gta-online-import-export

The possibly cut instrumental: https://soundcloud.com/takeadaytrip/something-not-serious

Highly doubt these tracks were cut. If they were, TADT would tell me about that.

• Like 2

Triple post here but I really don't want to wait for someone to post first, holy sh*t.

These were the pause menus, look very f*cking closly, holy f*ckin sh*t!!!

C91E1Q0.png

ROCKSTARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I was interested in these backgrounds, so I tried to create a menu, and that was the resultC44DrLX.png

This menu would add so much to the game. The one we have looks so generic. This cut one reminds me of GTA SA menu. Rockstar you c*nts, stop removing all the good stuff. Also this is why there is hide menu interface option in the game. Edited by quxxo

nah.. I prefer what we have now... though it would be cool to have an ability to change our menu in different styles :)

Edited by EVOLUT7ON
  • Like 3

Triple post here but I really don't want to wait for someone to post first, holy sh*t.

These were the pause menus, look very f*cking closly, holy f*ckin sh*t!!!

C91E1Q0.png

ROCKSTARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I was interested in these backgrounds, so I tried to create a menu, and that was the resultC44DrLX.png

This menu would add so much to the game. The one we have looks so generic. This cut one reminds me of GTA SA menu. Rockstar you c*nts, stop removing all the good stuff. Also this is why there is hide menu interface option in the game.

For some reason, when I was making this menu, I had the idea of making wallpaper versions, and I do not think I should save those images just for me
Observation: my Photoshop skills are terrible
z0qbI6V.pngK8xpdbr.pngizrI0rq.png
  • Like 1

I'm curious, Franklin is wearing the Bugstars uniform right? It means that the uniform was red turned to gray and then turned red again
Correct me if I'm wrong

sCgtwtt.jpg

• Like 1

rollschuh2282

I'm curious, Franklin is wearing the Bugstars uniform right? It means that the uniform was red turned to gray and then turned red again
Correct me if I'm wrong

-snip-

for me it looks like a jeans and a pullover, maybe the bugstar logo was glitched on these outfits

and is it only me or does the ground looks like LODs

Edited by rollschuh2282