1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The GTA V beta hunt

StJimmy

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• burger_mike

• rollschuh2282

• HeySlickThatsMe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cover credits to DMThePro123   Firstly, if anyone can find a better name for this topic, send it to me. Now lets begin: We've all seen this picture of the Hijak Khameleon driven by Michael De

-

Oh look, Liberty City in V. http://i.imgur.com/3Uq51Tn.png (Re-hosted due to format, original link below) https://adepage.carbonmade.com/projects/2604545/20897089 Crap attempt to compare (buggy g

I wonder if it's possible to get info about Santos Surf and P.M.R. from the Rockstar employee

My curiosity too !!

And the logo with the fist and the star behind it is Vinewood Radio?

Why the logo of PMR doesen't appear in that beta photo?

I'm pretty sure the fist one is PMR and the "Rock Station (Temporary)" station is what would become Vinewood Boulevard Radio.

Edited by zanesix

I've seen lots of people affirming the existence of this possible beta feature involving Lamar, which consist in choising the Deathwish option in the last mission - afterwards, Franklin gets killed and you play as Lamar for the rest of the SP.

Is there any solid proof confirming this?

The Reddit stated that there are a lot more animations for Lamar found in the files than other non-playable characters.

No. It's all GTA Wikia-esque hearsay.

Excuse me sir, your bit rate is showing, jesus christ that video does not deserve recognition of being 240p.

Looks like the average YIFY "bluray rip". :lol:

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure the fist one is PMR and the "Rock Station (Temporary)" station is what would become Vinewood Boulevard Radio.

Rock Station (Temporary) was replaced with WCTR.

If you think that (beta) picture is taken in Blaine Country (mainly because Blaine Country Radio is in the picture) and that is the reason because WCTR is not showed, the answer is yes, Rock Station (Temporary) for sure was PMR.

So the only unknown radio stations are Santos Surf and the radio with a fist and a star behind it.

Santos Surf 100% was removed from game, and logo with the fist and the star is maybe Vinewood Boulevard Radio because Vinewood Boulevard is a Boulevard full of stars, corect? :lol:

Edited by SieNoK

I'm pretty sure the reason Rockstar want's to keep this stuff hidden is just so they can save the ideas for future titles or DLC's. Makes sense that they would make it as hard as possible for us to find information about really large projects like 'Cops and Crooks' since it could very well be used as a giant DLC for GTA Online or a future game.

• Like 1

Those "area backgrounds" looked really good. A lot better than the final GTA V pause menu, to be honest. Is there any information about different pause menu music tracks as well?

• Like 1

Those "area backgrounds" looked really good. A lot better than the final GTA V pause menu, to be honest. Is there any information about different pause menu music tracks as well?

There was, actually. A while ago.

Ash, someone who's been banned on and off, said that he contacted the man who made MP3's soundtrack because the GTAV pause theme sounded so similar to Max Panama

and this was actually made after ash got this info, i think

Anyway, the guy said he was originaly supposed to make the score for V, but they stopped him and got Oh No, Alchemist, Tangerine Dream, Woody Jackson (now some smaller guy James Curd for the recent DLC's) and his pause theme FOR MICHAEL was left in the game for the pause theme we have now. Originally, the 3 were supposed to have different pause themes, and mission complete songs (which are in the files) and some other stuff I think he mentioned. If I can find it I'll quote it.

Here it is, and the other guys post with the mash up.

Did we already post these, I forgot if we did or not, in earlier builds of the game, Michael, Franklin and Trevor had their own unique "Mission Complete" themes, these were done BEFORE the current composers came on board and thus have a different sound to them, but they were left buried in streams archive of the audio for the game:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49393425/mission_complete_franklin_big.wav
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49393425/mission_complete_franklin_small.wav

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49393425/mission_complete_michael_big.wav
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49393425/mission_complete_michael_small.wav

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49393425/mission_complete_trevor_big.wav
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49393425/mission_complete_trevor_small.wav

OK, so I did some digging around the past few days, so before it ends up on GTA Wiki without crediting me, remember who got this info, k?

So, many people pointed out Michael's music here, and how it sounded similar, so I looked into it, and found out it was done by Ian Hicks, now, Ian Hicks isn't listed on the GTAV Credits, but he IS listed in the credits for Max Payne 3 as "Additional Production and Performance" for the games score, now, what track did Hicks work on exactly? Well, none other than this stand out track:

As well as

, sounding familiar yet? Well I got in contact with Ian through some sources, and he didn't say much but confirm that originally Michael, Trevor and Franklin were supposed to have unique music, not just for Mission Complete, but for things like Loading Screens, Pause Music, etc, as the original idea by Rockstar was to give the game a distinct different feeling when playing as each character, which he said was later dropped in favour of working with artists such as Alchemist, Oh No, etc, but luckily the original team never got that far into their score, BUT he did say that one of his tracks remains in the game as the Pause Music, so, here we can assume that Hicks was in charge of Michael's score when he was working on the project, which means, the Pause Music in the final game was actually just intended to be for Michael only, and oh, have a listen below, and then have a listen to Max Panama again:

mash up post below

Like this? hehe ^^

Edited by Rodger Cheeto
  • Like 2

Triple post here but I really don't want to wait for someone to post first, holy sh*t.

These were the pause menus, look very f*cking closly, holy f*ckin sh*t!!!

C91E1Q0.png

ROCKSTARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Edited by Rodger Cheeto

I found an interesting thing about the very first mission "Prologue".

According to text files inside the game, before the starting cutscene where Michael, Brad and Trevor capture the hostages, there was another part.

First of all, i think you were out of the bank, and you had to go inside it from the back.

4ghKUQC.png

You probably were Michael, according to an unusued line, that says to follow Trevor:

XbF5Uze.png

After you entered the bank, you had to reach the security room and shoot to the monitors to evade surveillance

ZcFwTub.png

Then you had to enter in the room were the final game starts, but before the cutscene start, you had to grab the woman seen in it.

FFFi5KQ.png

The rest of the mission until the car getaway was more or less the same.

But, when you arrive at this point, first you'll be Trevor. In fact, you can shoot from the car:

Trevor had a carbine rifle, so maybe in the beta, if you were a passenger, you was able to shoot with other types of weapons.

iIwK9xJ.png

But, when the driver dies, you had to switch to michael to drive to the destination:

X7NnyCt.png

I think also the final was different, because there is a line that suggests a failure if the helicopter lift zone is abandoned (so all the crew would be saved)

XjA6zU6.png

That's all I've discovered so far.

If it is double post, i will remove it

Edited by BDCosiris

Triple post here but I really don't want to wait for someone to post first, holy sh*t.

C91E1Q0.png

ROCKSTARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I searched only the "vespucci beach" photo. And guess what? This place doesn't exist in the game.

vdyHe98.png

You can search by yourself comparing the two photos.

qdLEe4Z.jpg

Advice: remember the Vespucci Beach part from Trailer 1 before, and the images leaked before trailer 1 from vespucci, and of course, the beta map. This place never existed (on pause artwork).

Edited by DeGeneratorX

Oh btw Yan is going to interview an ex-Rockstar employee so I guess you can send your questions about beta content http://yan2295.com/interview-ex-rockstar-games-employee-need-questions.php

V1VXQOF.png

Oh, I bet he won't say a thing/much...

Edited by BlackScout
  • Like 7

C91E1Q0.png

ROCKSTARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I searched only the "vespucci beach" photo. And guess what? This place doesn't exist in the game.

vdyHe98.png

You can search by yourself comparing the two photos.

qdLEe4Z.jpg

Advice: remember the Vespucci Beach part from Trailer 1 before, and the images leaked before trailer 1 from vespucci, and of course, the beta map. This place never existed (on pause artwork).

Maybe, I think they were supposed to just capture the feel of the area though, and the trailer 1 version doesn't look all that diffferent exept the trees. Maybe that's Mirror Park?

anyway whatever

i made a sh*tty mock up of the pause menu

iLfUlMx.png

those buttons should be all black but whatever

Edited by Rodger Cheeto
  • Like 1

^

Could be Mirror Park. Later I will take a look.

Oh btw Yan is going to interview an ex-Rockstar employee so I guess you can send your questions about beta content http://yan2295.com/interview-ex-rockstar-games-employee-need-questions.php

Like questions about GTA VI, he will not reply questions about beta content.

Another thing I discovered in audio files:

after completing a mission, there was different audio files depending on the player. There are also two type of sound. One longer (probably for storyline missions) one shorter (probably for secondary missions).

Totally not posted billion times already...

/s

• Like 2

Another thing I discovered in audio files:

after completing a mission, there was different audio files depending on the player. There are also two type of sound. One longer (probably for storyline missions) one shorter (probably for secondary missions).

Totally not posted billion times already...

/s

Sorry. Didn't know that

• Like 2

Well, what can we say about the round radar and square radar on the new leaked screenshots?

Z12QCQF.png

kuuafAf.png

Thanks to mega for the finding on leaked logs months ago.

About the first square radar, I have a theory:

Rockstar introduce it in 2011 as a test hud radar, without some elements, like the special bar, and with 2D VIEW like GTA IV. It's a testing element, so it wasn't completely in the game. It was just to see if it will fit in the game, and only developers used it. At the same time, the cannon hud radar was the circle one in 2011, used by normal beta testers of the game. In 02/02/2012 at 09:45 they definitly make the square radar as official radar in the game, so no more round radars after that. In the log you can clearly see that they mention the square radar as "new", and it have now 3D VIEW. That means the square radar was used before, but now they have a completely new one.

Here's a timeline for people that hates reading things:

sft9u6H.png

At the same time, I want to talk about the first square 3D radar in begin 2012. This radar was seen on this topic on leaked GTA V photos taken in 2013 before Gameplay Trailer. You can see there that the player icon was more at center, just like the Round Radar, but it's different from gameplay trailer (actual PS3/X360 version) and more larger, just like the first 2011 2D square radar. Unfortunately, the album of the portfolio that had those precious photos was taken down.

http://rachi.cgsociety.org/

https://sites.google.com/site/racheledoimo/private-section

Also, do you remember the beta GTA V NG photos?

qlohAFp.jpg

The portfolio that hosted the images is now DOWN too.

https://carbonmade.com/fourohfour?domain=adepage.carbonmade.com

Please, someone say that saved all photos from both sites.