3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The GTA V beta hunt

StJimmy

Anybody have the beta pause menu backgrounds? That's so cool, there was different backgrounds depending on the area you were in when you paused the game.

I can see how that could lag the game a little, or make the pause menu sluggish and have it cut off dialogs and gameplay like GTA4's did. Still cool though, I wouldn't mind seeing that in VI, seeing as it wont lag because new-gen. It would help capture the feel of the setting.

Maybe those backgrounds are the reason we can make the menu dissapper by pressing triangle.

you can make the menu disappear because it was first in max payne 3

Anybody have the beta pause menu backgrounds? That's so cool, there was different backgrounds depending on the area you were in when you paused the game.

I can see how that could lag the game a little, or make the pause menu sluggish and have it cut off dialogs and gameplay like GTA4's did. Still cool though, I wouldn't mind seeing that in VI, seeing as it wont lag because new-gen. It would help capture the feel of the setting.

Maybe those backgrounds are the reason we can make the menu dissapper by pressing triangle.

you can make the menu disappear because it was first in max payne 3

tru

Cool sh*t always happens when I'm sick :(

GG to the finder, we finally got to see what Cops & Crooks looked like for the most part.

This was uploaded days ago but... IT HAPPEN AGAAIN!!!

Edited by DMThePro123

I had forgotten he even existed. I feel like you should too. Let's just carry on with our stuff, the mood in this thread is really good right now.

• Like 5

Don't click on this, it's mrcumguzzler

• Like 3

Omg......,,wow online was a lot better.....

we got crap compare to this

Now I wished what beta clothing we got online such as hair

Edited by Quinn_flower
  • Like 2

You didn't play as mp_m_freemode_01 or mp_f_freemode_01. You played as generic NPCs - so the clothing wasn't any different.

• Like 3

-sh*tposter links literal sh*t-

I had forgotten he even existed. I feel like you should too. Let's just carry on with our stuff, the mood in this thread is really good right now.

Retards like him are what keeps that channel alive.

Edited by RM76

From R* employee:

NNyttwN.jpg

1V69I8G.jpg

Edited by MGgames100

Modders should ban those links from this channel or any channel that steal content.

Anyway, I preffer the actual GTA Online. Is that only me? I think this old GTA Online could get boring fast for a first time player. In the new GTA Online, if you are a new player, you probably will take months to get bored.

what makes you think it didnt suck

all we have is a few pictures and some code

• Like 3

I don't get it, why do they think that playing as a cop doesn't make sense in GTA? It could make a lot of sense imo. There are some games where you play as a cop and you can steal any car you like.

This is typical R*, at first they want to do something different in GTA, but then they remove it because "it doesn't make any sense" .. no, but buying cars in "Grand Theft Auto" makes a lot of sense, right?

Cops 'n' Crooks was actually my fav mission in GTA IV MP :D

Edited by Gravarty

I don't get it, why do they think that playing as a cop doesn't make sense in GTA? It could make a lot of sense imo. There are some games where you play as a cop and you can steal any car you like.

This is typical R*, at first they want to do something different in GTA, but then they remove it because "it doesn't make any sense" .. no, but buying cars in "Grand Theft Auto" makes a lot of sense, right?

I think they wanted to stick with the original concept of GTA that has been around since the start of the series. You're a criminal who performs tasks that are normally incredibly dangerous, illegal, and chaotic in order to achieve a specific goal by the end of the game. Playing as a cop kind of throws out the original concept completely, and that was likely something they were not very comfortable with. Plus, lets face it, more players would play as the criminals (Vagos, Biker, etc) instead of the cops, which may cause a bit of a dis-balance.

• Like 4

lr10H6W.gif

Look at all those unfinished streets near the beach. And where the orange car blip is. There were a lot of dead ends! Probably they were modeled but the map wasn't updated

I wonder if it's possible to get info about Santos Surf and P.M.R. from the Rockstar employee

Here's a video containing all the songs listed in PMR's .gxt file.

I think they wanted to stick with the original concept of GTA that has been around since the start of the series. You're a criminal who performs tasks that are normally incredibly dangerous, illegal, and chaotic in order to achieve a specific goal by the end of the game. Playing as a cop kind of throws out the original concept completely, and that was likely something they were not very comfortable with. Plus, lets face it, more players would play as the criminals (Vagos, Biker, etc) instead of the cops, which may cause a bit of a dis-balance.

Fu*k this 'Dis-Balance! :angry:

I would have given the Original Version of Online a go!

I wonder if it's possible to get info about Santos Surf and P.M.R. from the Rockstar employee

Here's a video containing all the songs listed in PMR's .gxt file.

I already know the P.M.R. songs because I edit the wikia page for that cut station every now and then, plus I made a database of all the songs, in-game or cut here http://gtaforums.com/topic/704276-songs-you-would-want-in-a-radio-station-dlc-or-in-next-genpc/page-1 (Ididn't find the songs though, Ash found the majority while francisisgay found some others). I'm just trying to see if it's possible to learn more about say the full name of P.M.R., who was supposed to host it, what other songs were meant to be on the station, why was it cut, and whether we'll see the station again. Same with Santos Surf.

Edited by goblinthegnome

Fu*k this 'Dis-Balance! :angry:

I would have given the Original Version of Online a go!

Trust me, I would have LOVED to have played the beta version of GTA Online and see how it played and then give the full release of GTA Online (patch 1.01) a go to compare the two.

• Like 4

I've seen lots of people affirming the existence of this possible beta feature involving Lamar, which consist in choising the Deathwish option in the last mission - afterwards, Franklin gets killed and you play as Lamar for the rest of the SP.

Is there any solid proof confirming this?

No. It's all GTA Wikia-esque hearsay.

Also the beta topic would probably be a better place to have posted this.

• Like 2

No. It's all GTA Wikia-esque hearsay.

Excuse me sir, your bit rate is showing, jesus christ that video does not deserve recognition of being 240p.

Edited by ZANTHERA

My curiosity too !!

And the logo with the fist and the star behind it is Vinewood Radio?

Why the logo of PMR doesen't appear in that beta photo?

I'm pretty sure the fist one is PMR and the "Rock Station (Temporary)" station is what would become Vinewood Boulevard Radio.

Edited by zanesix

I've seen lots of people affirming the existence of this possible beta feature involving Lamar, which consist in choising the Deathwish option in the last mission - afterwards, Franklin gets killed and you play as Lamar for the rest of the SP.

Is there any solid proof confirming this?

The Reddit stated that there are a lot more animations for Lamar found in the files than other non-playable characters.