1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The GTA V beta hunt

StJimmy

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• burger_mike

• rollschuh2282

• HeySlickThatsMe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cover credits to DMThePro123   Firstly, if anyone can find a better name for this topic, send it to me. Now lets begin: We've all seen this picture of the Hijak Khameleon driven by Michael De

-

Oh look, Liberty City in V. http://i.imgur.com/3Uq51Tn.png (Re-hosted due to format, original link below) https://adepage.carbonmade.com/projects/2604545/20897089 Crap attempt to compare (buggy g

I don't really understand Rockstar's motive on taking down this stuff. I mean, this game has been out for 3 years and they still want to cover up as much of the development process as possible for reasons unknown. What's wrong with us learning a bit of trivia of the games we know and love?

Also, it seems like most of the imgur links are now RIP. _CP_, since you said you saved all of them as separate images, would you mind uploading those? NVM

Edited by zanesix

I don't even know what to feel/think.

Thanks I guess, just hope you're not hating me...

All the beta content I hunt and find. It's all for the best, seeing how things looked back in dev, curiosity...

Edited by BlackScout
  • Like 3

Just wanted to say thanks for showing us all this amazing work back from the GTA V/Online development stages. It's a damn shame that they made you take it all down, and I'm hoping you didn't get to much flak from Rockstar because of all of this. The older version of online looked amazing and very interesting.

I got to read your post before you edited it. Just wanted to also say thanks a lot for showing what you did. Even though our hunger for beta content is ever growing, it is very appreciated that we got the chance to see more of the holes in the puzzle of GTA O's early development. Thanks a lot, Steven Walsh! You're one of the BETA hunt heroes now!

He said how he's also a big R* fan like all of us, and how he was the one who took the images down, admitting R* was right on requesting it, something about their policy of ''don't show the public what they don't have to see'' (not exact words but something like that). He worded it better than I did, though.

Seeing weapons like DB Shotgun in that photo really hurt. The fact it was there in single player but was cut and made for the online cash grabs is really sad.

Seeing weapons like DB Shotgun in that photo really hurt. The fact it was there in single player but was cut and made for the online cash grabs is really sad.

It's not cut content. This shotgun icon is used as a placeholder and it's from Max Payne 3

Edited by quxxo

I don't really understand Rockstar's motive on taking down this stuff. I mean, this game has been out for 3 years and they still want to cover up as much of the development process as possible for reasons unknown. What's wrong with us learning a bit of trivia of the games we know and love?

Their motive - It's a little thing called an NDA.

Edited by RM76

Exactly. While some companies try to hide the most they can, some even show their development process.

Paranoidstar Games is cancerous with that....

Or maybe- (just a fun guess) just maybe they got all paranoid and wanted to take it down because its gta online? Im not sure if they got all paranoid about the beta single player stuff before but now that its beta gta online stuff showing up and they are more touchy on it since thats all they focus on at the moment instead of story mode. I like both gta online and story mode. Again just a guess

Edited by Crashbandicoot2

Likely don't want GTA Onlines' old concept going out everywhere. May piss off a good chunk of the player base if they knew the old concept. We have known about this concept for a while, but never had exact screenshots from that time of development. I doubt they'll ever revive the concept, even after all the work they put into creating it.

Or maybe- (just a fun guess) just maybe they got all paranoid and wanted to take it down because its gta online? Im not sure if they got all paranoid about the beta single player stuff before but now that its beta gta online stuff showing up and they are more touchy on it since thats all they care about at the moment instead of story mode. Again just a guess

99% chances that you're right (other cases, this one the dev removed)

It's surely because of GTA: Online. Even R* knows that the old multiplayer concept was much better. But as i already said, they turned into scamstar games with their shark cards and beta DLC cars. R* also sues all other fanmade multiplayer mods, this is just crazy.

But enough with the insults, we shouldn't turn this into a sh*tpost topic :D

Maybe someday R* will change their mind and might release the classic multiplayer mode as a 'Gangs & Cops' DLC.

Edited by Gravarty

Fan of a brazillian soccer player?<br> Show de bola. Queria que você prestasse atenção no que eu vou falar, não que seja extremamente importante, mas eu espero que veja, você não precisa responder para evitar problemas com a Rockstar. </br>

If you will see this topic again, look at this http://www.jongwyn.com/rockstar-grand-theft-auto-5/

I don't know why they want you to take the screenshots down, but not the J. Gwyn profile.

RailwayEnvironment1.jpg?format=1500w

They can't do this to you and to us (imgur backups down). This is a completely bullsh*t. They treat like a ultra secret 51 project, but it's simple "irelevant" images leaked. Casual people (probably 98% of the players) don't care about this. Just huge fans of the game. Thank you for showing your work. We loved it and we hope want to see your great job in GTA VI too.

Edited by DeGeneratorX

R* is highly protective of their IPs and they want to be in total control what gets out (as it can be a very powerful marketing tool).
Making stuff like those pre-release images public is not desired for them, because it can change the perception of the final product (GTA V) in direction R* does not want.

Edited by Cr!minal

R* is highly protective of their IPs and they want to be in total control what gets out (as it can be a very powerful marketing tool).

Making stuff like those pre-release images public is not desired for them, because it can change the perception of the final product (GTA V) in direction R* does not want.

Well GG Rockstar, you really did a good job stopping that from happening.

Edited by zanesix
  • Like 3

They can't stop much, to be honest. You can still find files with beta content.

There are slips everywhere. Portfolios, game files, etc.

Edited by BlackScout

They definitely cannot stop all leaks, but some generate more attention than others and this is when R* steps in.

Edited by Cr!minal

because it can change the perception of the final product (GTA V) in direction R* does not want.

To be honest i'm still satisfied with the current GTAO. Don't get me wrong, the idea of being a cholo and going against other players that were playing as cops sounds nice but it won't make me feel like the current GTAO is a piece of sh*t (which is what Rockstar thinks apparently)

Bully was a different story for me though...

• Like 2

Here are all albums of the leaks that I have gathered from various people and threads, some may contain repeats of images:

http://imgur.com/a/yZXF5

http://imgur.com/a/fUdx5

http://imgur.com/a/X64UQ

http://imgur.com/a/ejevb

Edited by zanesix

MU1cW4m.png

This one particular screenshot that was on that site was somewhat interesting. Apparently the "TV" nearby the CNT Building was supposed to be a stunt jump of some sort.

I've actually tried jumping through the thing using the Rockstar Scene Creator in Director Mode by placing a ramp that supposedly would cause the car to smash through as a spectacular sight, but it actually fell short of my expectations. The car either misses and hits the "frame" of the TV, or it hits the glass to only fall to the ground as the glass apparently does not break as easy as it should.

Shooting this billboard with a gun however breaks the glass with ease.

Edited by Razor440
  • Like 3