Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,727 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

StJimmy

The GTA V beta hunt

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

Sort of related, but they re-used the scrapped "Coach" from GTA IV as the Dashound, if you didn't already know.

Betabus-GTA4.jpg

Now:

KY9ou1A.jpg

Yf5A4ak.jpg

Note that they share the same rear styling and side indicators. Personally, I'm glad Rockstar didn't abandon it.

PowerKracker

Sort of related, but they re-used the scrapped "Coach" from GTA IV as the Dashound, if you didn't already know.

Note that they share the same rear styling and side indicators. Personally, I'm glad Rockstar didn't abandon it.

They do seem to reuse abandoned assets often. I wonder if any other vehicles were salvaged old projects like that...

Hell, GTA San Andreas was once supposed to have vehicle brands according to carcols.dat, and it's also evident in the game world with brands like Willard and Grotti being seen on signs and billboards - and apparently some pedestrian dialogue mentions Pfister. I wonder how many of the brands introduced in IV were reused from that concept (not Zirconium at least, considering my theory about it).

Man, if I could only contact personally one of the GTA vehicle designers... (apparently it's not impossible, someone got an answer regarding the F620's engine once - but I'd never know where to contact anyone).

Edited by AlfredNTheFettuc

Spider-Vice

There are some pretty nice finds in this thread, I love seeing how the game progressed via the TV ads which are done quite early in the game. In the next-gen versions of the ads we'll probably get HD footage of the stuff though which will answer many questions.

OfficialTwiggz

Not sure if it's any consolation, but I have a friend on XBL, met him last night. He has a fire extinguisher, fully functional, and actually puts out fires.

He threw Molotovs and put them out.

I'll take pictures when I play with him next.

Lead

Not sure if it's any consolation, but I have a friend on XBL, met him last night. He has a fire extinguisher, fully functional, and actually puts out fires.

I dont know if fire extinguisher weapon data is in files but ill wait for pics

OfficialTwiggz

I dont know if fire extinguisher weapon data is in files but ill wait for pics

It is. I thought he had a collector's edition or special, I asked him how via text but he never responded. Proceeded to add me as a friend and join a XBL party but I was too lazy to grab my headset. Next time I'm on, I'll snap a few pics.

Metalz

Fire extinguisher was supposed to be a normal weapon

PhillBellic

Betabus-GTA4.jpg

Now:

KY9ou1A.jpg

Yf5A4ak.jpg

Wow, nice spotting/comparison.

My theory as to why the Coach didn't make it into the final version of IV is it simply didn't suit the atmosphere.

Cheers.

OfficialTwiggz

http://m.imgur.com/GlKwyaf

He no longer has it. He didn't have a Mic.

Wait.....he took me to ammuation.

Never mind, he said his brother got it for him and doesn't know how.

But holy sh*t, I swear to god I'm not lying. Its in the game files somewhere.

Lead

http://m.imgur.com/GlKwyaf

He no longer has it. He didn't have a Mic.

Wait.....he took me to ammuation.

Never mind, he said his brother got it for him and doesn't know how.

But holy sh*t, I swear to god I'm not lying. Its in the game files somewhere.

Its possible since npc's can use it as a weapon then players can too.

OfficialTwiggz

He had the fire extinguisher, the Molotov cocktails, and a hammer.

assCRACK_98

He had the fire extinguisher, the Molotov cocktails, and a hammer.

Molotovs are in the game, the hammer was a CE/SE bonus, and he got the fire extinguisher through modding.

Edited by ANAL_PLUNDERING

SonofUgly

The fire extinguisher has all the data needed for it to work, there just isn't anyway for a player to normally get it. By default the fire extinguisher doesn't do any damage though, or make people cough like with the tear gas/or in GTASA.

I made a mod a few months ago that adds it to pickups, so you can pick it up off a dead fireman, and as a reward for entering a firetruck. Here's some pictures of it.

Edited by SonofUgly

Benefactor69

Betabus-GTA4.jpg

Now:

KY9ou1A.jpg

Yf5A4ak.jpg

I posted that in cool things you didn't know about awhile ago, I thought I posted it here aswell. Guess not. Anyways, it's still a good find.

Lead

The fire extinguisher has all the data needed for it to work, there just isn't anyway for a player to normally get it. By default the fire extinguisher doesn't do any damage though, or make people cough like with the tear gas/or in GTASA.

I made a mod a few months ago that adds it to pickups, so you can pick it up off a dead fireman, and as a reward for entering a firetruck. Here's some pictures of it.

Wow i imagine things i could do with this... Thanks for the pics ! You got likes and you didnt ask for it :)

Darth_Starkiller

I know the wiki is a sh*tty place, but still, sometimes they actually have legit information even though the way presented makes it seems fake. Well, does anyone know if there's anything to back thid up?

-Towing Patrol odd job was cut. It involved the player driving a Tow Truck on a freeway, towing away broken cars to keep the traffic flowing as long as possible.
-Towing Illegally Parked Vehicles odd job was cut.
-Taxi "I know a Way" mission type was cut. The player would have to follow the passenger's directions with no blips or GPS.

Edited by Darth_Starkiller

assCRACK_98

I know the wiki is a sh*tty place, but still, sometimes they actually have legit information even though the way presented makes it seems fake. Well, does anyone know if there's anything to back thid up?

-Towing Patrol odd job was cut. It involved the player driving a Tow Truck on a freeway, towing away broken cars to keep the traffic flowing as long as possible.

-Taxi "I know a Way" mission type was cut. The player would have to follow the passenger's directions with no blips or GPS.

Damn, those sounded fun, maybe with CG/PC seems like something that would draw people in. Not game changing just a little bonus kinda thing.

WildBrick142

<mission><id>125883</id><name>VOID Odd Job - Towing Patrol</name><description>Patrol the freeway and try to keep pace with an ever increasing pace of broken down cars.</description><scriptName>debug_towing_patrol.sc</scriptName><issues> </issues><storyDescription>The goal is to keep the highway traffic flowing as long as possible by quickly towing any broken down vehicles.</storyDescription><missionId>OJTWP</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>60</percentageComplete><designerInitials>DS</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>
<mission><id>125887</id><name>VOID Odd Job - Towing Traditional Illegally Parked</name><description>Traditional towing job with the player towing illegally parked cars</description><scriptName>debug_towing_illegal.sc</scriptName><issues> </issues><storyDescription/><missionId>OJTWI</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>60</percentageComplete><designerInitials>DS</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>
<mission><id>125719</id><name>VOID Odd Job - Taxi I Know A Way</name><description>The player has to follow the passenger's verbal directions to get to the destination. There are no blips or GPS.</description><scriptName>Taxi_IKnowWay.sc</scriptName><issues> </issues><storyDescription/><missionId>OJTX6</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>true</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>70</percentageComplete><designerInitials>LM</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>false</inactive><singleplayer>true</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>
And a few bonus stuff:

<mission><id>87662</id><name>VOID Odd Job - Vigilante</name><description>Vigilante Controller</description><scriptName>controller_Vigilante.sc</scriptName><issues> </issues><storyDescription/><missionId>OJVG</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>0</percentageComplete><designerInitials>SiM</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>
<mission><id>1158921</id><name>VOID Property - Cinema - Protest</name><description>3 Variations</description><scriptName>.sc</scriptName><issues> </issues><storyDescription/><missionId>PR14</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>0</percentageComplete><designerInitials>MW</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>
<mission><id>1158898</id><name>VOID Property - Cinema - Recover Stolen Film</name><description>3 Variations. One for each cinema.</description><scriptName>.sc</scriptName><issues> </issues><storyDescription/><missionId>PR10</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>0</percentageComplete><designerInitials>MW</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>
<mission><id>1158699</id><name>VOID Property - Defend Plane Scrapyard</name><description>2 variations</description><scriptName>.sc</scriptName><issues> </issues><storyDescription/><missionId>PR4</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>0</percentageComplete><designerInitials>LKB</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>
<mission><id>69570</id><name>VOID RE - Pick Pocket</name><description>Ped approaches and bumps into the player. The player loses some money and the thief is blipped for a short time and starts running.</description><scriptName>RE_Pickpocket.sc</scriptName><issues/><storyDescription>Play as Michael or Franklin only.</storyDescription><missionId>RE41</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>40</percentageComplete><designerInitials>TSS</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission><mission><id>99227</id><name>VOID RE - RC Challenge Mode</name><description>RC Challenge Mode</description><scriptName>re_rc_challenge.sc</scriptName><issues/><storyDescription>Play as Michael</storyDescription><missionId>RE47</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>40</percentageComplete><designerInitials>CMcM</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission><mission><id>29248</id><name>VOID RE - Rescue Hostage</name><description>Help hostage for reward.</description><scriptName>re_rescuehostage.sc</scriptName><issues/><storyDescription>A robber has taken a hostage in order to escape after robbing a garage. Player can rescue hostage by shooting robber. </storyDescription><missionId>RE48</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>true</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>55</percentageComplete><designerInitials>IG</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission><mission><id>9275</id><name>VOID RE - Tow Truck</name><description>Desperate woman's car is taken away and she really wants it back. </description><scriptName>re_towtruck.sc</scriptName><issues/><storyDescription>Variation 1: Ambient version, no blips. Variation 2: Interactive version, return vehicle to owner</storyDescription><missionId>RE56</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>60</percentageComplete><designerInitials>TW</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission><mission><id>9305</id><name>VOID RE - Ungrateful Whore</name><description>Pimp is arguing with whore, will attack her. Player can watch or help her.</description><scriptName>re_ungratefulwhore.sc</scriptName><issues> </issues><storyDescription>Prostitutes hanging around. Chatting to pimps, or arguing with punters. Play as all.</storyDescription><missionId>RE58</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>0</percentageComplete><designerInitials>TSS</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>false</inactive><singleplayer>true</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission><mission><id>29249</id><name>VOID RE - Wanderer</name><description>Player has to return guy home using description of which way to go.</description><scriptName>re_wanderer.sc</scriptName><issues/><storyDescription>bit of info for a pickup/easter egg.</storyDescription><missionId>RE59</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>true</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>0</percentageComplete><designerInitials>CMcM</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>false</inactive><singleplayer>true</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>
<mission><id>9205</id><name>VOID The Agency Heist 2B - Setup - Blackmail Architect</name><description>Take a photo of architect and his gay lover. Use photo as blackmail for building plans. Heists -> The Agency Heist ->The Agency Heist 2B</description><scriptName>agency_heist2b.sc</scriptName><issues> </issues><storyDescription/><missionId>AH2b</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>60</percentageComplete><designerInitials>PD</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission><mission><id>9206</id><name>VOID The Agency Heist 2C - Setup - Intervene in Mugging</name><description>The architect is being mugged. Intervene and take briefcase with building plans. Heists -> The Agency Heist ->The Agency Heist 2C</description><scriptName>agency_heist2c.sc</scriptName><issues> </issues><storyDescription/><missionId>AH2c</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>60</percentageComplete><designerInitials>PD</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>
<mission><id>149241</id><name>VOID The Paleto Score 2B - Finale</name><description>Hold up the country bank in heavy combat armour. Franklin rescues you in a tank. Heists -> The Paleto Score Heist -> The Paleto Score 1</description><scriptName>void.sc</scriptName><issues> </issues><storyDescription/><missionId>RH2b</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>25</percentageComplete><designerInitials>RW</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>
<mission><id>111029</id><name>VOID AMB - Comedy Club</name><description>Watch stand up mocap at the comedy club. Non-interactive.</description><scriptName>act_comedyclub.sc</scriptName><issues/><storyDescription/><missionId>AB16</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>0</percentageComplete><designerInitials>CMcM</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>
<mission><id>81824</id><name>VOID AMB - Gun Car</name><description>Player ability to buy weapons and ammo from a contact</description><scriptName>ab_GunCar.sc</scriptName><issues> </issues><storyDescription/><missionId>AB10</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>0</percentageComplete><designerInitials>IG</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>
<mission><id>114355</id><name>VOID AMB - Live Music</name><description>Watch live music mocap at a small venue. Non-interactive.</description><scriptName>act_livemusic.sc</scriptName><issues/><storyDescription/><missionId>AB18</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>0</percentageComplete><designerInitials>CMcM</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>
<mission><id>1012305</id><name>VOID AMB - Safehouse Radio</name><description>A radio the player can retune in the safehouses</description><scriptName>.</scriptName><issues> </issues><storyDescription/><missionId>AB25</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>0</percentageComplete><designerInitials>SR</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>
<mission><id>70474</id><name>VOID AMB - Shooting Movies</name><description>Peds filming a movie scene on the city streets.</description><scriptName>re_shootingmovies.sc</scriptName><issues> </issues><storyDescription/><missionId>AB5</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>0</percentageComplete><designerInitials>CF</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>
<mission><id>9295</id><name>VOID AMB - Valet Parking</name><description>Valet parking at a hotel.</description><scriptName>re_parkingattend.sc</scriptName><issues/><storyDescription/><missionId>AB17</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>0</percentageComplete><designerInitials>PN</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>
<mission><id>912022</id><name>VOID AMB - Vehicle Repair</name><description>Player is able to fix and undrivable standard vehicle</description><scriptName>vehicleRepair.sc</scriptName><issues> </issues><storyDescription/><missionId>AB21</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>0</percentageComplete><designerInitials>AGL</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>

Oh, and the "designerinitials" could be just a random thing, but in case this is real here you go: AW - These are the initials of the "designerinitials" for Mr. Phillips mission. Posting this in case any of you wanna complain about you-know-who gets killed in that mission ;)

And not sure what is this thing. Official trailers?

EDIT: Both .xsc scripts still exist (Paradise.xsc [172 bytes] and Paradise2.xsc [170 bytes]). Now if the XSC Extractor could actually open these without crashing, that'd be great.

<mission><id>102464</id><name>Trailer 1</name><description>Trailer 1</description><scriptName>Paradise.sc</scriptName><issues/><storyDescription/><missionId>T1</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>0</percentageComplete><designerInitials>RW</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>false</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission><mission><id>763032</id><name>Trailer 2</name><description>Trailer 2</description><scriptName>Paradise2.sc</scriptName><issues> </issues><storyDescription/><missionId>T2</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>0</percentageComplete><designerInitials>CV</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>false</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>
There's also sh*t ton of leftover scripts, might take a look at their names to see if something's actually from beta. Edited by WildBrick142

Amistrulez

Why does Paleto Score say "<singleplayer>false</singleplayer>"?

WildBrick142

Why does Paleto Score say "<singleplayer>false</singleplayer>"?

Most of the cut stuff says that. Example:

<mission><id>426718</id><name>VOID RC - Barry 3b</name><description>Franklin has to deliver a helicopter containing drugs to Barry.</description><scriptName>Barry3b.sc</scriptName><issues> </issues><storyDescription>Franklin flies the helicopter with drugs in, and lands it on the roof of a building near to Barry's apartment.</storyDescription><missionId>BA3B</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>0</percentageComplete><designerInitials>TW</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>true</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer><checkpoints/></mission>

Why is it like that, only Rockstar knows. My guess is that they just wanted to disable the mission (by setting signleplayer to "false") in case the script was left over and would break everything if it was not properly removed.

DoctahWong

One more thing about the Assault Sniper.

It appeared in "The Hunt artwork" being held by Michael, possibly meaning it was in the game and Michael was gonna use it in Lamar Down.

293px-AssaultSniper-GTAV-Artwork.png

Assault Sniper:

AssaultSniper-V-render.png

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Jaddxx

Kalerney

I've been sailing through the 53 pages, and I can't believe it ! They removed even more things from V than from San Andreas ...

What disappoint me the most are the removed side missions, these would have add so much to the overall experience …

I'd have LOVED to be able to see live artists too !

Edited by Kalerney

thehambone

*snip*

Is it possible that changing some of those booleans, like the "inactive" boolean, may make the "cut" missions playable?

Sergiu

Well, seems like there's finally a GTA to top III's cut content in numbers.

SonofUgly

Is it possible that changing some of those booleans, like the "inactive" boolean, may make the "cut" missions playable?

No, (for the ones I've checked) they removed the script files for anything that's been cut. Guessing they take script cleanup very seriously after hot coffee.

PowerKracker

Well, seems like there's finally a GTA to top III's cut content in numbers.

Indeed, I'm just wondering how troubled the development of V was. There has to be more reason for cutting all this stuff out than some laziness and being dicks.

It's bizarre, I mean IV was supposed to have a whole Liberty State but that was just an early concept instead of something thoroughly being worked on only to get cut.

oCrapaCreeper

I've been sailing through the 53 pages, and I can't believe it ! They removed even more things from V than from San Andreas ...

What disappoint me the most are the removed side missions, these would have add so much to the overall experience …

I'd have LOVED to be able to see live artists too !

They have reasons why they cut content. Either the ideas never come to light and aren't worth continuing, unnecessary for the game, technical problems, time constraints, or the content simply isn't up to par with the rest of the game (Like Darkel's missions from GTAIII). Some of the stuff may come back to light as a DLC or game update, most it probably won't. It isn't worth making a big deal out of it, all games go through this. I'm sure people would have heart attacks if they could see every piece of cut content ever developed for their favorite game.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

henry_™

Hey guys, I was digging through some textures and found some amazing sh*t.

First are some texture directories titled "analogueoverlay.xtd" and "moreanalouge.xtd"

The textures inside reference R*'s never released game agent.

y9lgBh2.jpg

s2ityml.jpg

Zoom:

jLNZNfV.jpg

Ok, Next up are some shots of scraped minimap icons before you look at them I should note: That yes, You have seen SOME of these on the cutting room floor GTA V page but

not all and also that because there are 120 Minimap textures found I'm going to post a Link to the imgur Album.

http://imgur.com/a/mBVQL#0

Above images Captured from "blips.xtd"

Finally the best for last are actual Reports from Rockstar on the Devleopment status with things such as FPS count and even Bug count! Reports are from both summer of 2012 and 2013.

These were captured from "startup.xtd" and "introscrn.xtd"

2013 Reports:

4CdyZXf.png

HsjdiHo.png

URpgw2C.png

9dQK3ZR.png

gWdPBzz.png

2012 Reports:

fWSBS9b.png

w5md3DT.png

Irx2L3E.png

There you go. I hope you all enjoyed. :lol: