4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

StJimmy

The GTA V beta hunt

Darealbandicoot
Posted (edited)

Actually there IS a Trevor toilet switch scene. I got it after switching to him after sidetracked. I have it posted on my twitter and the switch scene seems kinda rare. https://twitter.com/Darealbandicoot/status/997213804462194690?s=19

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Spider-Vice

So.... anything new? Probably someone here in the forums is keeping something on ice to reveal in 10 years but still.

If you don't want to get an instant C&D, it's gotta be like this with R*...

zanesix

Honestly after what happened I doubt we're going to see anything new. This thread has been open for 4 years and I'm fairly certain it's run it's course from all the people that have picked the game apart after all this time. Unless someone had something awesome like a dev build, or if there's a developer that wants to speak out about the development of the game!

Oh wait...

LegitimatePride
Posted (edited)

So, since the latest Open IV updates FINALLY add the actual names of the audio files automatically, and because now we will never have another opportunity to solve the many mysteries that we could of had, I want to point out another completely unused audio container that for some reason no one mentioned here:

"mrs3.awc", interestingly it's the only one with that name, there is no "mrs1/2", and according to the name, it may had, who the heck knows anymore, been related to one of the Mrs. A & B missions, apparently the 3rd one, which is the one where we had to drive around to badmouth Mrs. B, however, the lines in it are for a group of people conversating, which logically thinking could only fit for the 4th mission, where we had to take photos of Mrs. B banging A's husband in some bar. The lines are said by unknown characters and were majorly deleted, so there's gaps. And by the way, no GXT with these lines are found:

MRS3_AQAA_01: Guy 1: I don't know, it's worth considering.

MRS3_AUAA_01: Guy 2: I better go get the truck.

MRS3_AWAA_01: Guy 3: It's about time these get a fair shake of the stick.

MRS3_AYAA_01: Girl 1: Ron does have a sweet tooth.

MRS3_BAAA_01: Guy 4: We've got to score some of that sh*t, I'm like, a total localvore. (Note: "localvore" is person who eats only locally-grown foods)

MRS3_BCAA_01: Girl 1: Rather her than me.

MRS3_BEAA_01: Girl 2: I hope she washes her hands afterwards.

MRS3_BGAA_01: Girl 3: I heard that stuff works!

MRS3_BIAA_01: Girl 1: I don't get it. Has she been pooping in the hot tub?

MRS3_BLAA_01: Guy 5: A conservative in San Andreas? Bullsh*t.

MRS3_BUAA_01: Girl 1: Well... probably better for him than the prescription stuff.

MRS3_CCAB_01: Girl 4: If that works, I might totally going to harvest some virgins. Again.

Edited by LegitimatePride

look4ss
Posted (edited)

People, i have a very interesting theory about GTA V and RDR2 development...

Well, do you remember that nostalgic week from 2011's October when GTA V was announced and all we had for a week was his logo? between the first announcement and the first trailer? when no one knew where/when the game would take place?
Well, do you remember that at that week people began to theorize that GTA V would be set in the 19th or 20th century? because of the logo that seemed to be based on an old dollar bill?
and in that same week, they discovered that the GTA V logo was inspired by a dollar bill from exactly 1899...
So... as we all know from the last few weeks, Red Dead Redemption 2 started it's development in 2010 and being set in 1899, right?
... and GTA V has been announced in 2011, right?
Ciudad-GTA-5-433x179.jpguir esta mensagem enviada há 21 minutos atrás de Luca
This is the $5 bill that's exactly from 1899 and has a symbol very similar to the GTA V logo
I think that in 2011, someone at Rockstar Games was researching 1899 for RDR2 and eventually looked at this 1899 $5 bill and was perfectly inspired for the GTA V logo, since GTA V has a story totally wrapped in cash and heists.
(I don't know if this topic is the right place to post this, sorry, I just found interesting to share this theory.)

Edited by look4ss

Hmmm nice bike

Well, do you remember that at that week people began to theorize that GTA V would be set in the 19th or 20th century? because of the logo that seemed to be based on an old dollar bill?

GTA in the 19th century....so people thought it'd basically be Red Dead?

Tuskin38

I don't remember anyone thinking that.

look4ss
Posted (edited)

I don't remember anyone thinking that.

GTA in the 19th century....so people thought it'd basically be Red Dead?

Just Google "GTA V 1899" and you'll see a lot of results from 2011's October of people doing crazy theories after the first announcement until the first trailer came up revealing Los Santos... but the point of my post isn't speak about this...

The question that I wanted to share was the GTA V logo revealed in his 2011's October announcement being inspired by a $5 bill from 1899, the same year that now we know that RDR2 is set, which I meant is that: perhaps Rockstar got inspired for the GTA V logo in 2011, while already researching that era for Red Dead Redemption 2... and recently, Rockstar revealed that RDR2 pre-production started near late 2010, so maybe it makes sense
Edited by look4ss

Yan2295

Quite a lot of people were thinking that actually. And that's a pretty interesting theory, I like it!

JuliusCaesar
Posted (edited)

I mean, it would take a pretty special brand of stupidity to ever believe that GTA may ever take place prior to the 80s, or that it would be any good or feel anything like GTA if it did. That's what Take 2's mafia series by 2k and whoever did M3 is for, and mafia game is nothing like GTA, and basically shows why it wouldn't work in GTA. It's too alien to modern day/millennial pop culture, which is 80s til now.

Edited by JuliusCaesar

LegitimatePride
Posted (edited)

Sorry if it sounds rude, but boring speculation with no proof aside, what are all of your conclusions to the possible purpose of the "mrs3.awc" audio files I just mentioned? Nobody, I repeat, abosolutely NOBODY talked about them in either in this forum or other places. And since we will never have another chance to get the many mysteries of this game answered like we could before, we might as well talk about this obscure thing which is one of the few that remain in the game for a little bit before we let this thread die in peace, ummm?

Edited by LegitimatePride

Helegad

Well, it sounds like stuff that Mirror Park hipsters would say. Just conversations that occur around you as you follow a target maybe?

Here's another one. The Alamo Sea was originally called the Salton Sea.

<id>31753</id> <name>Trevor 1 - Mr. Philips</name> <description>Kill Johnny, shoot out at the trailer park and push Ortega's trailer into water Missions -> Trevor Strand -> Trevor 1 Mr. Philips</description> <scriptName>trevor1.sc</scriptName><issues> </issues><storyDescription>Trevor kills Johnny then drives to the North side of Salton Sea to findout about a drug deal. There is a car chase and a shootout at the trailer park. They drive to another trailer and ramraid it to threaten a guy for the information they need.</storyDescription><missionId>TRV1</missionId><played>false</played><adminToPlay>false</adminToPlay><percentageComplete>70</percentageComplete><designerInitials>AW</designerInitials><projectedAttempts>0.0</projectedAttempts><projectedAttemptsMin>0.0</projectedAttemptsMin><projectedAttemptsMax>0.0</projectedAttemptsMax><variantNumber>0</variantNumber><inactive>false</inactive><singleplayer>false</singleplayer>

Darealbandicoot
3 hours ago, Helegad said:

Well, it sounds like stuff that Mirror Park hipsters would say. Just conversations that occur around you as you follow a target maybe?

Here's another one. The Alamo Sea was originally called the Salton Sea.

The Salton sea is the real life name of what the Alamo Sea is based on so I doubt that's anything more than a placeholder name. 

Monkeypolice188
Posted (edited)

Hey guys. Good to be back! I don't think this has been pointed out before but if it has and I'm just late, I apologize. But recently I've been going through audio events in the game's script and created a list of all different mission audio events.  According to audio event names, an Ambulance was supposed to be used to block the road instead of the Trashmaster.

1.  "FBI4_COVER_RESTART",
  2.  "fbi4_DEPOT_STOP_TRACK",
  3.  "FBI4_ENTER_VEHICLE_MA",
  4.  "fbi4_EXPLODE_MA",
  5.  "FBI4_EXPLODE_RESTART_ST",
  6.  "FBI4_GETAWAY_RESTART",
  7.  "FBI4_MISSION_FAIL",
  8.  "fbi4_PARK_AMBULANCE_OS",
  9.  "FBI4_PETROL",
  10.  "FBI4_PETROL_EXPLODE",
  11.  "fbi4_PLANT_BOMB_MA",
  12.  "fbi4_PRE_TRUCK_RAM_MA",
  13.  "FBI4_RAM_OS",
  14.  "fbi4_SHOOTOUT_MA",
  15.  "fbi4_SHOOTOUT_MID_MA",

func_384(0, "Enter ambulance at FIB depot", 0, 0, 0, 1);

This data is found within the script file for Blitz Play (called fbi4).

Edited by Monkeypolice188

goblinthegnome
7 hours ago, Monkeypolice188 said:

Hey guys. Good to be back! I don't think this has been pointed out before but if it has and I'm just late, I apologize. But recently I've been going through audio events in the game's script and created a list of all different mission audio events.  According to audio event names, an Ambulance was supposed to be used to block the road instead of the Trashmaster.

This data is found within the script file for Blitz Play (called fbi4).

That would've been much closer to the original bank truck scene in Heat. 

m3ssO

Has anyone seen in the player audio files that their are lines for characters about how fast the player is driving? I think it would be like in gta 4 but I'm not sure

-Voron-

The reason why horses were removed (therefore sharmoota job had to be removed too because of absence of horses) is because gta v would feel too much like rdr 2 which was in development during gta v's development. I know it might be obvious already but just sharing my thoughts. We couldve actually guessed rockstars next game from this cut content but its already revealed now lol. 

MGgames100
1 hour ago, -Voron- said:

The reason why horses were removed (therefore sharmoota job had to be removed too because of absence of horses) is because gta v would feel too much like rdr 2 which was in development during gta v's development. I know it might be obvious already but just sharing my thoughts. We couldve actually guessed rockstars next game from this cut content but its already revealed now lol. 

What sense does that make?

What's next?

"LeTs ReMoVe CaRs CuZ wE aLrEaDy HaVe MiDnIgHt ClUb"

They probably couldn't get it to work properly, for some reason and end of story.

-Voron-

yeah but their next game isnt midnight club its rdr 2 which has horses as its one of it main gameplay content and putting it in gta v would make it feel too similar. Chill your mantits lester no need to lose your sh*t over my comment

JuliusCaesar
Posted (edited)

I would say somewhere in the middle. They probably want people to be curious what "next gen horses" will be like in Rockstar Games to have selling power for RDR, is probably the most reasonable "if I were them" thing I can theorize for why they got cut (they were cut, there were leftovers from when they were in the game, cops calling out the color of the horse you are riding such). If you got the horses in V, you'd be like "Well, I know what that feels like" - in my case, if it didn't WOW me, I wouldn't even consider buying RDR2, because I didn't like RDR1 and thought it was pretty trash tbh, especially the horseback. So if it's not DRASTICALLY improved, if I were them, I definitely would not be including them in GTA before the title they are meant to be selling is out. Because, from my own experience, if it didn't feel amazing, it would be an auto-no-buy for RDR. With their research and development teams, I'm sure they are well aware of "my segment" of their audience prior to me ever even thinking this up.

Basically, I think they know people like me are like "well, maybe part 2 will be better and horses won't feel so clunky and unfun in my own opinion", and they need to preserve "my segment" and not turn us off before we buy it probably.

That, or, more optimistically, maybe they didn't want me to think the horses in RDR2 will be like whatever they had at the time of GTAV. And even more optimistic, is that maybe they didn't want people to be "totally sure at this point" that RDR2 was next (if we got the horses, we would know for sure, no one would be able to make me doubt RDR2 was next if they weren't cut, the fact they were there then cut already made me know for example, since the "Really dummy, really? 2" reddit thing was around by the time I knew of cut horses anyhow)

Just random opinion of possibilities, that's all.

Edited by JuliusCaesar

Monkeypolice188
Posted (edited)

Just another beta find. Nothing major on this one, but I noticed it after all this time.

Remember Father/Son being in the second trailer? We all noticed the white Taco Van, but nobody cares enough to notice this small change, a Dock trailer being towed on the bridge. In fact, it can be seen twice, again just after the Taco Van in the second scene.

Having played this mission a million times, I know for sure the only trailer that spawns on the freeway during this mission is the yacht trailer itself and trailers2 (the box trailer). The entire traffic sequence is actually scripted, so backward engineering it, you can see that the docktrailer is only mentioned once in the script, and that's just a standard list of rare/unobtainable vehicles. No idea why R* would change something like this.

It can be noted that this scene was completely changed in the actual game. For starters, only the Blista on the left actually remains at this particular point of the mission, hardly any of the vehicles in the scene actually remain in this scene during the mission, although the traffic in the first part of this scene still remains.

Monkeypolice188
Posted (edited)

Seems Rockstar forgot what vehicle they used in some of the first scenes in Franklin's Trailer. In a single scene, the grey van behind Franklin changes from a Speedo to a Rumpo. A similar thing happens in Trevor's trailer, where Trevor is scene strangling Nigel, the car's behind them change within a second of changing camera angle. Amazes me.

Third post from me today. This time, a Fame or Shame Trailer appearing in traffic, in Franklin's trailer.

PS Ever since the new update, I forgot how to attach images, so I've just provided links to screenshots and whatnot. Someone update me on how I attach images :))))

Spider-Vice

New images can be attached by just pasting the direct link. Also, your images are way too small, you need to remove everything after ".PNG" for it to be full size.

Spider-Vice

Some random finds as I was browsing through the Social Club mission lists. All the pictures in the mission list are from beta versions or enhanced versions of the last-gen game. They have different lighting, all the cut trees around the map (and different perspectives of them), and I think even some different models in some cases.

Spoiler

Nervous Ron - all the cut trees were there still

1NzBs2v.jpg

Paleto Score Setup - another perspective of all the cut trees

ucvnNm8.jpg

Military Hardware Setup Mission - all the way in the horizon, I think those are increased amounts of trees too

ov3IKSB.jpg

Derailed - more sightings of cut trees

n5KZFg9.jpg

Pack Man - cut trees again, to the right. Also, isn't the country cop car slightly different?

t5dftF9.jpg

The Ballad of Rocco - environmental fog seems to be off in this one, makes it look rather plain in the distance. Different timecyc?

EnaPDPF.jpg

Hmmm nice bike

Damn that's a lot of trees. Those screenshots were definitely taken around 2012 when the game actually had proper-looking forests.

Also, the country cop car looks like the old LSPD squad car (the one that never spawns when they chase you and is only found outside police stations). I'm guessing they either didn't have a model for the Blaine County Sheriff's cars yet, or they still couldn't get the different squad cars to spawn in that area.

EVOLUT7ON

Well, I understand last gen consoles had the limitations, but current gen and even PC... it's powerful enough to play with them, isn't it?..

Darealbandicoot
On 6/14/2018 at 11:47 PM, EVOLUT7ON said:

Well, I understand last gen consoles had the limitations, but current gen and even PC... it's powerful enough to play with them, isn't it?..

Some GTA Online user created content would be broken with all the new trees and Rockstar were too lazy to make two different maps for Online and GTA V. 

Cavot
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Some GTA Online user created content would be broken with all the new trees and Rockstar were too lazy to make two different maps for Online and GTA V. 

They did make two different maps. Whenever you load into online you'll notice the screen goes black for a moment. This is the game transitioning to the Online map which has less props, all the online exclusive interiors, and a few other features that are currently skipping my mind. Rockstar could have added more trees to single player without issue at all. They were either to lazy or just didn't care to do so.

Edited by Cavot

Maddened_Ghost
28 minutes ago, Cavot said:

They did make two different maps. Whenever you load into online you'll notice the screen goes black for a moment. This is the game transitioning to the Online map which has less props, all the online exclusive interiors, and a few other features that are currently skipping my mind. Rockstar could have added more trees to single player without issue at all. They were either to lazy or just didn't care to do so.

is it really two maps or just one map with props/buildings being loaded depending on what you're playing?

some of the online interiors (if not all of them) are loaded in storymode, I've glitched into them in director mode.

rollschuh2282
4 hours ago, The-Ghost said:

is it really two maps or just one map with props/buildings being loaded depending on what you're playing?

some of the online interiors (if not all of them) are loaded in storymode, I've glitched into them in director mode.

go to the maze bank building garage entrance in Online and in SP.