Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,018 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

StJimmy

The GTA V beta hunt

Darealbandicoot

Also in the gameplay trailer when Monkey Business is shown, it seems Ursula's house was a safe house for Michael.

JuliusCaesar
Posted (edited)

Also in the gameplay trailer when Monkey Business is shown, it seems Ursula's house was a safe house for Michael.

What do you mean?

When did they show that?

^ somehow quotes got messed up

Hilariously ironic in hindsight that the pointer gives us the finger just before it "clicks" into the next scene xD

Edited by JuliusCaesar

Sleepwalking

I wonder why female cops mostly left unused. Using mods like world of variety brings female cops and really enhance cop chases instead of hearing same male voices over and over.

Darealbandicoot

What do you mean?

When did they show that?

Hilariously ironic in hindsight that the pointer gives us the finger just before it "clicks" into the next scene xD

30biut4.png

This is what I meant.

m3ssO
Posted (edited)

I wonder why female cops mostly left unused. Using mods like world of variety brings female cops and really enhance cop chases instead of hearing same male voices over and over.

I think they just couldn't find a way to do it without sacrificing fps

What do you mean?

When did they show that?

30biut4.png

This is what I meant.

Could this have been the intention with the hookup calls and not just make them useless?

Edit:That dingy has no seat backing (or whatever the name of it is)

Edited by m3ssO

Helegad

One day some smart cookie will work out the scripting and bring this all back.

m3ssO
Posted (edited)

Found something

In the link you can see Frank switched to Mike even though he has one more mission for Simon

Edited by m3ssO

cp1dell

They're able to switch to Trevor as well. I'm sure they just unlocked all the characters to showcase the switch function.

m3ssO

Alright I've been re watching the trailers and seeing what I can find, please tell me whats been found and no

Grand Theft Auto V: The Official Trailer

At 0:07 Frank asks what he can help Mike with (Perhaps done to avoid spoilers)

Grand Theft Auto Online: Official Gameplay Video

1:04 Riot vans are part of the normal police dispatch

1:18 Different pistol sound effect (probably edited in)

Grand Theft Auto V: Official Gameplay Video

0:53 The blue couch is still covered in sh*t while in the final game it is replaced by this point with yellow parts

2:06 The perversely mentioned early switch

2:22 Mike never has two M labeled missions (Could be a placeholder as the position seems to match up with the film studio missions)

2:44 Frank fresh yeetlike timbs are all one color

2:42 Same pistol sound effect as above but in game (still could be edited in)

Character trailers

Mike:

0:26 Tracy has gray pants instead of purple

0:33 Mike has custom clothes despite not unlocking the stores yet

0:45 Different camera angle

Frank:

1:39 Never seen that truck in south LS

Trevor:

3:13 Amanda has a robe on AND its tan

They're able to switch to Trevor as well. I'm sure they just unlocked all the characters to showcase the switch function.

Good theroy

Monkeypolice188

Alright I've been re watching the trailers and seeing what I can find, please tell me whats been found and no

0:53 The blue couch is still covered in sh*t while in the final game it is replaced by this point with yellow parts

2:22 Mike never has two M labeled missions (Could be a placeholder as the position seems to match up with the film studio missions)

Character trailers

Mike:

Frank:

Trevor:

Good theroy

It'd help if you'd provide screenshots of what you're actually talking about instead of listing times #lazy

Anyways, R* edited plenty of sfx into trailers, we usually disregard them. Sirens, horns, engine sounds, weapons, all sorts of things just to make things more dynamic.

The Police Riot spawns in the police dispatch - spawns in road block form, and then the police are free to use it in pursuit.

Pretty sure I've seen two M's on the radad before, some time around Caida Libre.

They had to be careful not to reveal plot details and tried to keep names disclosed until the character trailers - for example, Simeon's dealership has himself as the 'employee of the month' in the trailer instead of Franklin like in the final version.

Meh, traffic is usually different in trailers, but it's still possible it can spawn here anyway. In the GTA Online trailer's first 10 seconds there's Burritos and Taxis driving around which never happens normally.

I wouldn't say these things are beta, especially in a gameplay trailer, where they're trying to promote the game, sprucing it up without completely misleading the title - subtle details like that wouldn't be noticed to behave differently in-game. Besides, most of the stuff in the trailers has already been analysed so it's unlikely things so prominent like that have been missed.

That'd be cool but I feel we'll be waiting a while.

I myself work with the game scripts regularly and understand part of it, but unfortunately the majority of it can't really be understood unless you work backwards (from what you know in-game) since the scripts are full of paramaters only the engine can understand / has logged. So unfortunate but I guess we're lucky to have got this far, let alone have access to the files.

Darealbandicoot
Posted (edited)

1g4whs.png

14y3iwy.png

34eay5t.png

34eay5t.png

Franklin had both his beta default haircut AND his new default haircut at the time of this trailer. No sign of the one in the character wheel though which was shown in the Franklin trailer. Also the FC jacket along with the cut haircuts is NOWHERE in game files AFAIK which begs the question, what other clothes did R* cut? We know Michael had a beige suit cut. And this was little over a month and a half till release so why cut these clothes?

Edited by Darealbandicoot

m3ssO
Posted (edited)

Character trailers

Mike:

Frank:

Trevor:

Good theroy

It'd help if you'd provide screenshots of what you're actually talking about instead of listing times #lazy

Anyways, R* edited plenty of sfx into trailers, we usually disregard them. Sirens, horns, engine sounds, weapons, all sorts of things just to make things more dynamic.

The Police Riot spawns in the police dispatch - spawns in road block form, and then the police are free to use it in pursuit.

Pretty sure I've seen two M's on the radad before, some time around Caida Libre.

They had to be careful not to reveal plot details and tried to keep names disclosed until the character trailers - for example, Simeon's dealership has himself as the 'employee of the month' in the trailer instead of Franklin like in the final version.

Meh, traffic is usually different in trailers, but it's still possible it can spawn here anyway. In the GTA Online trailer's first 10 seconds there's Burritos and Taxis driving around which never happens normally.

I wouldn't say these things are beta, especially in a gameplay trailer, where they're trying to promote the game, sprucing it up without completely misleading the title - subtle details like that wouldn't be noticed to behave differently in-game. Besides, most of the stuff in the trailers has already been analysed so it's unlikely things so prominent like that have been missed.

That'd be cool but I feel we'll be waiting a while.

I myself work with the game scripts regularly and understand part of it, but unfortunately the majority of it can't really be understood unless you work backwards (from what you know in-game) since the scripts are full of paramaters only the engine can understand / has logged. So unfortunate but I guess we're lucky to have got this far, let alone have access to the files.

My point was that the pistol sound that was used was during gameplay and the other right next to a "real" sound, also I think your thinking of the transporter[/size]

1g4whs.png

14y3iwy.png

34eay5t.png

Franklin had both his beta default haircut AND his new default haircut along with the one in the character wheel at the time of this trailer. Also the FC jacket is NOWHERE in game files AFAIK which begs the question, what other clothes did R* cut? We know Michael had a beige suit cut. And this was little over a month and a half till release so why cut these clothes?

I'd say they where at a loss of which hair to choose out of all of them (because it still has that "microphone lookin' ass" style) so they just compromised and used all of them

Edited by GTAKid667

rollschuh2282

The Simeon employee of the Month sign is still used.

There is a random encounter with simeon at the car dealership for Franklin and Michael, and if you then go to the office, you will see it.

I guess they just loaded the cutscene with the debug menu with a later savegame

m3ssO

There is a random encounter with simeon at the car dealership for Franklin and Michael, and if you then go to the office, you will see it.

Isn't that widely accepted?

Also where is Carson at? I don't mean to sound rude or anything but him being away so long makes me worry something legal has happened

BrownieBear

No he'll return or be back with news when he's got news..

Monkeypolice188
Posted (edited)

My point was that the pistol sound that was used was during gameplay and the other right next to a "real" sound, also I think your thinking of the transporter[/size]

So? Police sfx are used in the first person gameplay. Real or not, it doesn't matter, they still edit things on.

Not sure what you're on about transporter.

Edit:Ah, Police Transporter. No. The Police Riot can still spawn in roadblocks in GTA Online under the same circumstances as GTA V, and can pursue you if you give the accompanying police officer a second or two to get in the truck.

Edited by Monkeypolice188

m3ssO

So? Police sfx are used in the first person gameplay. Real or not, it doesn't matter, they still edit things on.

Not sure what you're on about transporter.

Edit:Ah, Police Transporter. No. The Police Riot can still spawn in roadblocks in GTA Online under the same circumstances as GTA V, and can pursue you if you give the accompanying police officer a second or two to get in the truck.

Ah I don't play much online, sorry

Gerald Ford
Posted (edited)

Norman DLC and Clifford DLC? Maybe a Cheers ralted DLC

So they had it planned since 2014.

Edited by Dexolux

JuliusCaesar

Isn't that widely accepted?

Also where is Carson at? I don't mean to sound rude or anything but him being away so long makes me worry something legal has happened

I should hope that's not widely accepted. The Simeon picture of himself is not some way to hide names until reveal nor some beta thing, it's a joke about how self-obsessed he is that he makes himself employee of the month, especially after he fires frank and lamar.

Monkeypolice188

I should hope that's not widely accepted. The Simeon picture of himself is not some way to hide names until reveal nor some beta thing, it's a joke about how self-obsessed he is that he makes himself employee of the month, especially after he fires frank and lamar.

Strange, I was always under the impression that it was to cover potential details, I heard a lot about this particular example. I guess it's clear about the obsession but I always heard people mentioning it was to hide names, which never really made sense to me given the number of times names were referenced in trailers. Cheers for bringing the light to me.

Gerald Ford

Actually it does make sense, they wanted to hide the protagonists' last name (except for Trevor) until the game released.

rollschuh2282
Posted (edited)

hey guys, remember that unused cap we found a while ago for michael?

O9IlIin.png

it was originally part of the Janitor outfit.

0llEBsc.png

j7dkpgH.png

you can even see it in Lesters factory after the Janitor clothes mission and before the heist

1g4whs.png

Also the FC jacket along with the cut haircuts is NOWHERE in game files AFAIK which begs the question.

nope, they are still in the files.

Haircut:

yBEQh6W.png

jacket:

RjfXRWn.png

Logos:

QxACKVZ.png

Edited by rollschuh2282

Spider-Vice

Let's not pollute an actual research thread with fake screens using mods, please. Whether your intention is good or bad doesn't matter, it's common sense. Cleaned up the thread.

m3ssO

Let's not pollute an actual research thread with fake screens using mods, please. Whether your intention is good or bad doesn't matter, it's common sense. Cleaned up the thread.

I assume you were talking mainly to me because you deleted my stuff with the Tommy mod, I didn't even consider that people would pay attention to that

Monkeypolice188
Posted (edited)

Don't include mods in your picture and things would be slightly more acceptable.

Even though it was obvious you was pointing us towards the shirt

Edited by Monkeypolice188

DentureDynamite
Posted (edited)

Forgive my ignorance in being a noob to this thread, but how is it known/confirmed that beta games (e.g. Pool) were actually functional--let alone "polished" in-game--before launch as opposed to just something that Rockstar might have started working on as an after-thought?

Edited by DentureDynamite

Spider-Vice

If they were just ideas, there wouldn't be full textures and functions inside the game. The existence of those things means they had a model up and running in-game at some point. Sure maybe they were buggy and just some test, but they were planned probably :p

JeeBenz
Posted (edited)

Does anyone know source for this? this popped on one youtuber facebook page today and even the page owner didn't know the exact source, it was sent for him by some viewer on youtube. I hope this is true and not some mod :D I couldn't find source to it even in reverse google search

29425670_953308961503922_299125128679507

Edited by JeeBenz

Classique

Does anyone know source for this? this popped on one youtuber facebook page today and even the page owner didn't know the exact source, it was sent for him by some viewer on youtube. I hope this is true and not some mod :D I couldn't find source to it even in reverse google search

29425670_953308961503922_299125128679507

Thaaaat's a mod.

Darealbandicoot

New update out today. Online only of course. Any cut SP content so far?