3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

StJimmy

The GTA V beta hunt

AUScowboy

Memmbah the 2 stroke Sanchez from the Gameplay Trailer? I memmbah. Could have been just for that trailer, but I'm betting it was a placeholder. Would have been much nicer than the dull, lame 4 stroke note we ended up with.

Meganfuchs

You talking about the blazer right?

AUScowboy

You know, it may have been considering the Blazer was racing with the Sanchez along Raton Canyon. Also, the Sanchez is a 450 which are usually 4 strokers. The Blazer is actually the more likely candidate for that 2 cycle engine note. The question being was that the beta soundfile for the Blazer or just post effects for the trailer?

WildBrick142

In case somebody has a PC version, wants to restore cut content, and missed this mod, check it out: https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/beta-vegetation-props-add-on

It basically restores nearly all the missing trees and plants in the game. Mirror Park and Vespucci for example feel like completely new places (they remind me of those completely cut areas that r* has shown in the first trailer and screenshots... wait.). The best part about it is that it's an actual DLC/add-on to the game map and not a sh*tty Map Editor/Menyoo prop spawner with the exact same tree plastered a million times over across the map. The trees have LODs (unlike the spawnables) so it's not taxing on the performance, at least not for me. If anything the game seems slightly more crash-happy than before but that could be caused by other mods.

This isn't a perfectly perfect restoration, some things are off and/or missing and it could do with some variation in tree rotation so that it doesn't look like a prop copy-paste, but it's a really damn solid recreation otherwise. Would highly recommend.

gJvfQsM.png

nbMDRic.png

CsUfBmv.png

rollschuh2282

In case somebody has a PC version, wants to restore cut content, and missed this mod, check it out: https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/beta-vegetation-props-add-on

It basically restores nearly all the missing trees and plants in the game. Mirror Park and Vespucci for example feel like completely new places (they remind me of those completely cut areas that r* has shown in the first trailer and screenshots... wait.). The best part about it is that it's an actual DLC/add-on to the game map and not a sh*tty Map Editor/Menyoo prop spawner with the exact same tree plastered a million times over across the map. The trees have LODs (unlike the spawnables) so it's not taxing on the performance, at least not for me. If anything the game seems slightly more crash-happy than before but that could be caused by other mods.

This isn't a perfectly perfect restoration, some things are off and/or missing and it could do with some variation in tree rotation so that it doesn't look like a prop copy-paste, but it's a really damn solid recreation otherwise. Would highly recommend.

-images-

when i look at my framerate without mods... yeah i would have with this mod only 5-10 fps. :/

Edited by RedDagger

Cutter De Blanc

Well goddamn, it looks magnificent with all the trees, just so much better looking overall.

What does the Paleto forest area look like with this mod?

Alex106

I'm happy that you like it :)

Weird that it crashes.It never happened to me(only once but it was because i broke an ymap :p )

Also, in regard to rotating the trees you're right.I will edit them once i finish to do the rest

Well goddamn, it looks magnificent with all the trees, just so much better looking overall.

What does the Paleto forest area look like with this mod?

It's still the same.Now i'm focusing on other small areas and the Zancudo River and Grapeseed

oPlbxEH.jpg

Edited by .Alex.

BlackScout

@Wildbrick142

Man I was doing that to Mirror Park... Could've got all the karma...

Jokes aside, it seems to be a nice mod.

D T

@.Alex. Thank you! Mirror Park finally looks amazing again. I have one gripe though and it's not even your fault: the palm tree models in this game look ugly. Even if you add the missing palms to Rockford Hills, it'll still look weird because the default models suck. Their height don't even match with the beta models: they're either too short or too tall. Are there any modelers here who can recreate the beta palms?

QNXU79n.png

Edited by D T

Equatecurl

Wonder how the new Rockster will handle beta stuff in GTA6.

George Costanza

like in RDR2 2, they won't release almost no images or trailers.

Pastry

@.Alex. Thank you! Mirror Park finally looks amazing again. I have one gripe though and it's not even your fault: the palm tree models in this game look ugly. Even if you add the missing palms to Rockford Hills, it'll still look weird because the default models suck. Their height don't even match with the beta models: they're either too short or too tall. Are there any modelers here who can recreate the beta palms?

~snip~

I could be wrong, but isn't that a palm model from Max Payne 3?

spitfire 26 rus

++

PS4/XboxOne/PC trees -> ugly

PS3/Xbox360 trees -> beautiful

Edited by spitfire 26 rus

AmigaMix

@.Alex. F*ck man, that project looks breathtaking! I'm especially hyped for Raton Canyon/Chiliad, L.S. already looks like a completely new place.

The new (or restored) details should turn this map into something closer to IVs Liberty City in terms of details and immersion (not trying to start a debate).

I also like the way the mod is handled (an add-on/ working LODs), this makes it only better!

Thanks to WildBrick142 for shining a light on the mod.

BlackScout

@D T

Ymaps allow model scaling (proportionally or not)

Edited by BlackScout

oCrapaCreeper

I also like the way the mod is handled (an add-on/ working LODs), this makes it only better!

Yeah, it's a huge step up from these hacked up "Map mods" that use prop editors that drag the game's performance down and don't have lods.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

Error2k

--snip--

This looks crappy to be honest. All the palms in the bottom picture have the same model and are just copied and pasted in the same position.

oCrapaCreeper

This looks crappy to be honest. All the palms in the bottom picture have the same model and are just copied and pasted in the same position.

Though that can be fixed easily by rotating them or having them stick into the ground more, that might be the reason why a lot of the trees were removed in the first place, aside from hardware limitations.

D T

I could be wrong, but isn't that a palm model from Max Payne 3?

Is it? That would be amazing if true. That palm tree is perfection. I'll have to reinstall MP3 and check.

@BlackScout I'm not sure it would look natural if rescaled in that way. I think the model just needs to be remade completely.

Edited by D T

KENNYOUT3

the beta red wood tree's can be found in the files. so if you ever wanna update it so it can feature red wood tree's instead of the regular tree's we already have in the game up near paleto and mt chilliad. that would be cool

spitfire 26 rus

the beta red wood tree's can be found in the files. so if you ever wanna update it so it can feature red wood tree's instead of the regular tree's we already have in the game up near paleto and mt chilliad. that would be cool

this?
zWSDGd2mGeU.jpg
Edited by spitfire 26 rus

Spider-Vice

Looking at their huge paranoia in the past year, inb4 they will scrape the whole code for leftover content and delete it all. Which is going to be impossible because many times removing even unused code can break a lot of used sh*t. What they might do is change file encryption in PC versions and all of that "good" stuff.

KENNYOUT3

this?
zWSDGd2mGeU.jpg

yes

spitfire 26 rus

NDHqNFFu8vY.jpg

D T

Took Pastry's advice and looked for beta palms in Max Payne 3's files. Found files that are literally named gta_palms all over the place.

AF0I8BE.png

But I can't check them out in-game because there's no trainer. Anyone knowledgeable with this stuff care to bring it over to V?

Equatecurl

Took Pastry's advice and looked for beta palms in Max Payne 3's files. Found files that are literally named gta_palms all over the place.

AF0I8BE.png

But I can't check them out in-game because there's no trainer. Anyone knowledgeable with this stuff care to bring it over to V?

gta_palms

Lol, did anyone find this before V came out?

oCrapaCreeper

Not surprising they're literally named gta_palms, R* likes to reuse stuff. They took a few trees from RDR and slapped them in a few places in GTAV, and from the looks of it RDR2 will have trees from GTAV (Maybe those trees were made in RDR2 to begin with and they brought them over to GTAV next gen/PC? Would explain why they look so different than old gen)

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

Spider-Vice

Given the fact RDR2 is probably in development for quite long I wouldn't be surprised if it were the latter, RDR2 trees in V NG. :p

Also, internally Rockstar seems to have a lot of things with the gta_ prefix even for non-GTA games, even shaders, materials, etc. Must be some kind of template they have on their toolset too. But yeah, Max Payne 3 has stuff from GTA V definitely. It even had that billboard with Los Santos in it.

Emmi

Looking at their huge paranoia in the past year, inb4 they will scrape the whole code for leftover content and delete it all. Which is going to be impossible because many times removing even unused code can break a lot of used sh*t. What they might do is change file encryption in PC versions and all of that "good" stuff.That'd be great ... this way we cannot see all the amazing stuff that didn't make the cut. To see all the GTA V beta stuff is depressing enough.

AmigaMix

Without reference, modders would also have a harder time unf*cking R*s sh*t.