Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,501 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
HadesAwaitsYou

A question about the Heavy Sniper

HadesAwaitsYou

I am currently a level 87, soon unlocking the heavy sniper. How much does the heavy sniper cost? How is the scope it comes with? Anything else I need to know about it? Feel free to add me! wknoles64

mfoster09

Forget how much it was but its totally worth it. Get the upgraded scope. 99 times out of a hundred its a one shot kill on other players.

SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Same old scope. Ammunation should have cost(don't remember)

spydeeman

Do vineyard survival at like wave 6 it spawns on the side of the main building closest to the road

Magick

Yeah, survival is the way to go. Just buy some ammo for it from Ammu-nation and it's yours to keep

JohnDoe7125539271

I don't know about the cost, but the scope is the same as the other sniper.

SUPERHEAVYDOODY

I am currently a level 87, soon unlocking the heavy sniper. How much does the heavy sniper cost? How is the scope it comes with? Anything else I need to know about it? Feel free to add me! wknoles64

Missions like coveted its quite helpful. One shot to blow up a Sanchez and kill four with one shot.

SaturdayNight

This f*cking gun costs about 30k I've lost it so I did a survival to get it back and get paid.

Black Rabbit

Two shots to the tail rotor of a police chopper and it goes down. Can stand on a roof and do this all night. Brought down around 40 in a row from Maze Bank last night. I love raining down flaming/exploding police choppers onto the other people in the session.

Edited by Black Rabbit

SkylineGTRFreak

Like others said above. Once you hit Lvl 90, start a survival and as soon as it spawns, pick it up. You'll get the Heavy Sniper+Advanced Scope for free and you can keep it. I've done this to all weapons spawning in survival like the RPG, Minigun, Combat MG, etc... Saves up some money ;)

S-M-O-K-E

First thing one must do with the heavy sniper is eliminate a tank griefer.

So much enjoyment.

HadesAwaitsYou

Anyone on ps3 wanna add me? wknoles64

codename_duchess

Yeah, survival is the way to go. Just buy some ammo for it from Ammu-nation and it's yours to keep

He won't get to keep it. Only until he leaves the game or joins a new lobby. Means he can't get ammo for it either

Headdogg81

^ I think he means as long as you are the required level for the weapon ( eg 90 for Heavy Sniper, 120 for minigun ) you can keep it after you finish the survival. I personally cannot vouch for this but something I will certainly try next time I unlock a weapon. Im only level 77 myself so Im hanging for that sniper rifle. The standard is ok but really no where near as good as the heavy one.

ultim84

I am level 99 and I can tell you that you CAN'T keep the heavy sniper for good after you pick it up in a survival. I haven't bought it yet (only god knows why), but each time I start a new session, its gone!

Is there a trick to keep it (maybe buying the scope after picking it up in a survival) that I don't know?

Steve

Do yourself a favor OP get it in a survival. As soon as it ends go to ammunition, put the advanced scope on it and you'll own it. I don't remember the cost off hand but it's a pretty penny

Edited by SteveNYC81

MAR10HD

^ I think he means as long as you are the required level for the weapon ( eg 90 for Heavy Sniper, 120 for minigun ) you can keep it after you finish the survival. I personally cannot vouch for this but something I will certainly try next time I unlock a weapon. Im only level 77 myself so Im hanging for that sniper rifle. The standard is ok but really no where near as good as the heavy one.

When I hit 120 I noticed suddenly I had a minigun in my inventory when I went to buy it, was quite a pleasant surprise. To my knowledge I hadn't done a survival that session tho.

Shaundi.

Heavy Sniper is a one shot kill. Heavy Sniper>Standard Sniper

wolfp212

Heavy Sniper is my go-to weapon for all mid to long range battles. Very effective. Go and do Coveted at least a couple times a day, not only will it give you decent money, but will give you much needed practice with this gun. Coveted has made me so good with this gun that I can now hit moving targets almost a 100% of the time. Guy fleeing in his car after offing you? Nope, snipe that sucker. Tank giving you problems? STT (Snipe That Tank). Also, upgrade to the better scope, you'll be happy that you did. All in all, a very good gun, and well worth the money, or you can use some of the suggestions above and get it for free. How you get it is up to you, the fact that you 'do' get it asap is what's important.

Steve

Except for the Micro SMG and my handguns, every single weapon I acquired through a crate drop or survival. But with survival as long as mod the weapon right after,and are the correct level to own it, you'll save yourself some bucks. That can go towards attachments instead.

Buzzbox

I call it the hand of god. It takes out tanks and snipes people from half way across the map what else is there to say.

Steve

I have 1089 player kills with it, and I have in Epsilon LSPD Blue

Kifflom Brother Brothers

Cant-B-Faded

No suppressor for it. I wouldn't want one, though. If I could get rid of all my guns except for the AP and Advanced Sniper, I'd be cool with it. Maybe a grenade launcher...

UnicornAssassin

He won't get to keep it. Only until he leaves the game or joins a new lobby. Means he can't get ammo for it either

Buying ammo for a weapon you've picked up in a mission or survival allows you to permanently own that weapon without paying for it.

If you can buy ammo for it, then you can keep it. If you're not at (or above) the required level for the weapon, then you'll not be able to purchase ammo for it at Ammunation, nor will you keep the weapon itself beyond the current session.

Edited by UnicornAssassin

HadesAwaitsYou

Level 89 halfway to 90!

SuperJude™

Heavy Sniper is AMAZING!

I absolutely hate the regular sniper. It's torture working my way back up to lvl 90 just to have a DECENT sniper rifle not that heinous piece of sh*t they force us to use until lvl 90.

xcaliber81

You dont notice how quiet the silencer is on the sniper untill you switch to the heavy sniper and everyone can hear you.

tolkaNo

It's good for lowering cars also :lol:

SaturdayNight

Its also good to note that there are weapons that suddenly appear in your inventory automatically when you reach said level. Heavy Sniper is not one of these weapons. I had to buy mine. However after you buy it and modify it, if you drop it and lose it for whatever reason you can get it back from doing survivals. If you are low on ammo, you can simply drop your weapon and repick it up after picking up the weapon from the survival. I do this when I use my minigun because f*ck spending 15k.

TheStranger_NL

$30.000 heavy sniper