Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,253 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Kingdome Come: Deliverance

Static

@Static

Because how do you know a character is female? Isn't that offensively presumptive, that a person is male or female just because of a certain name or external characteristics?

I know the character is female because the stretch goal was "playable female character".

Dryspace
Posted (edited)

That's exactly my point.

What if some group demanded a playable atheist? The only way one would even be able to know that the character was an atheist is if he were told, or if the character made it a point to let everyone know.

So what's the point?

Edited by Dryspace

Static

That's exactly my point.

What if some group demanded a playable atheist? The only way one would even be able to know that the character was an atheist is if he were told, or if the character made it a point to let everyone know.

So what's the point?

The point is that the company set it as a stretch goal, one which they achieved, so the the donators/consumer(aka the people who funded this game) have a right to "demand" it, even though I dont really recall anyone doing so. And if the devs weren't willing to include that or weren't able to for whatever reason, in shouldn't have been made into a goal with a monetary value attached to it. In fact, I've read more negatives comments about it's addition to the game and even the discussion of said addition, than ones demanding for it's inclusion tbh. I also seen more negative comments about the lack of the dog companion as opposed to the female pc, so take that for what it's worth. Also, just to indulge you and your asinine tongue-in-cheek, faux-pc point, since everyone tries to paint this game as "the most historical game ever", in 15th century Bohemia, I believe sex was determined by your outward appearance i.e., which genatalia you did or didnt have, so with that in mind Warhorse seemingly designed Henry (which I think everyone agrees is a male) and the game/story from a male POV. With that being said, I believe the player would be able to tell that the non-Henry female character was in fact female, without needing to be directly told so.

Posted (edited)

That's exactly my point.

So what's the point?

I think that a playable atheist DLC character wouldn't just randomly state he's an atheist and that's it. It would serve as a major plot point. Being atheist is kind of a big deal in the middle ages. The character could be an exile from far lands or hunted by the church/mercenaries hired by the church.

Idk what's wrong with stating that the DLC character will be a woman either. Would it also be a problem if they said that he's male?

But I haven't played the game yet and am waiting for more bug fixes. I'm temped though. I'm a very forgiving person when it comes to bugs and lack of polish in games so I won't necessarily wait till it's fully patched or a complete edition. I liked everything that I've seen so far. It's right up my alley.

I can't tolerate quest breaking bugs though.

Edited by fashion

feckyerlife
Posted (edited)

the playable female character makes no sense to me.

Why? It's just one quest line where you switch to her to save Henry near the start of the game.

Im under the impression that the female character will be a DLC story, or am i wrong? if its one quest thats fine, but if its a story it would make no sense due to how times were in the 1400s

That's exactly my point.

So what's the point?

I think that a playable atheist DLC character wouldn't just randomly state he's an atheist and that's it. It would serve as a major plot point. Being atheist is kind of a big deal in the middle ages. The character could be an exile from far lands or hunted by the church/mercenaries hired by the church.

Idk what's wrong with stating that the DLC character will be a woman either. Would it also be a problem if they said that he's male?

But I haven't played the game yet and am waiting for more bug fixes. I'm temped though. I'm a very forgiving person when it comes to bugs and lack of polish in games so I won't necessarily wait till it's fully patched or a complete edition. I liked everything that I've seen so far. It's right up my alley.

I can't tolerate quest breaking bugs though.

they fixed a vast majority of bugs (ps4) with the last update.

Edited by feckyerlife

Am Shaegar

Stretch goals

We get a lot of questions about being able to play as a female. Our original story was built around a male character, a young blacksmith, and we cannot simply change it. However, we would like to offer this opportunity in another way. If we can raise £600,000 we shall add a line of quests into our game where you can play as a young woman that saves the lead character in the beginning of the game. She's smart, courageous and good at stealth.

feckyerlife

Stretch goals

We get a lot of questions about being able to play as a female. Our original story was built around a male character, a young blacksmith, and we cannot simply change it. However, we would like to offer this opportunity in another way. If we can raise £600,000 we shall add a line of quests into our game where you can play as a young woman that saves the lead character in the beginning of the game. She's smart, courageous and good at stealth.

ohhhh. i never saw their stretch goals, makes sense

NeonDolphin

Go play Venetica if you want a female.

Dryspace
Posted (edited)

@Static

What I am saying is that I believe--based on reality--that this was not the original desire or intention of the developers, and that the only reason they decided to do so was as a result of specific appeal or general pressure. If I appeared to imply that I know for a fact that people demanded it, I apologize, though that may have been the case. I haven't bothered to find out.

"The point is that the company set it as a stretch goal, one which they achieved, so the the donators/consumer(aka the people who funded this game) have a right to "demand" it, even though I dont really recall anyone doing so."

That's not what I meant. I know you don't really believe that I think it "doesn't make sense" that a stated stretch goal is not fulfilled. If you'll forgive a bit of absurdity, I would have said the same thing about a playable Bag of Shredded Cheese stretch goal.

"And if the devs weren't willing to include that or weren't able to for whatever reason, in shouldn't have been made into a goal with a monetary value attached to it."

Of course, absolutely. But did the devs say that they weren't willing or able to include it? If that's the issue here, I didn't know about it. But also I ask honestly: Have you actually heard anyone assert that any stated stretch goal on any game should not be delivered? If so, I'm not sure what rationale the person would be using.

"In fact, I've read more negatives comments about it's addition to the game and even the discussion of said addition, than ones demanding for it's inclusion tbh."

If you say that, I'm not going to doubt you. But that doesn't mean there weren't as many or more appeals or demands to the developer. Forum reactions and developer communications are different.

"Also, just to indulge you and your asinine tongue-in-cheek, faux-pc point"

Really? When you disagree with someone, it's not necessary to be rude. No offense taken, though.

"since everyone tries to paint this game as "the most historical game ever"

I'm certain it's not true that everyone paints the game that way. I certainly haven't said that.

"With that being said, I believe the player would be able to tell that the non-Henry female character was in fact female, without needing to be directly told so."

The player could presume, yes. And furthermore, it was obviously possible for a woman to pass as a man or vice versa; if it weren't there wouldn't have been laws prohibiting it. I don't necessarily mean in Bohemia specifically. It may be--I'd have to research it.

Edited by Dryspace

Am Shaegar

Patch info time! 1.3 for consoles is being certified. Early next week (if everything goes according to plan) we will release 1.3.4 for PC which will fix random events and add some cool new features. Approx week later we will release 1.4 with lots of bugfixes and cool new stuff.

Daniel Vavra

If you are interested in medieval history, then here is the fan-madeonline web version of Kingdom Come: Deliverance Codex.

Fun Fact: Anyone who will say ANYTHING POSITIVE abou me on @ReseteraForum gets instant ban. Thats their new rule. You cant even say that I designed a good game. Nothing positive. No discussion about me allowed at all. Democratic progressive unbiased liberal discussion anyone?

Daniel Vavra

Resetera sucks! :angry:

@feckyerlife: the patch hasn't released yet from what I've heard. Console version is still at 1.25 and the big patch that fixes over 300 quest bugs is being certified now.

I think I'll buy it next week or so.

feckyerlife

@feckyerlife: the patch hasn't released yet from what I've heard. Console version is still at 1.25 and the big patch that fixes over 300 quest bugs is being certified now.

I think I'll buy it next week or so.

oh i saw mine update on sunday i thought it was for 1.3.. when you do buy it, once the world becomes "open" you can go and get overpowered weapons and armor for free, but they still will have their limits

Dryspace
Posted (edited)

oh i saw mine update on sunday i thought it was for 1.3.. when you do buy it, once the world becomes "open" you can go and get overpowered weapons and armor for free, but they still will have their limits

I'm interested in what you mean about getting overpowered weapons and armor for free? Is this gameplay or is it a glitch or exploit you refer to?

P.S. I had mentioned last week, either on Steam or GTA Forums, that I had decided to buy this game when I understand it to be free of serious and quest-related bugs, but when I saw someone post that the dev had included in the latest patch a visual downgrade, I was so annoyed I reversed my decision to not wait for a bargain on the spot--assuming that his information was correct.

I posted an explanation of why, for performance reasons, allowing the customer to decrease settings further is acceptable, and disallowing him from increasing settings is absolutely not.

I also opined whether, if it is true, it is a silly temporary decision in order to minimize refunds & negative feedback by forcing higher performance.

Can anyone confirm that this is true, and if so, to what degree visual quality/realism was affected (if indeed it was limited to visual aspects)?

Edited by Dryspace

Static
Posted (edited)

I'm interested in what you mean about getting overpowered weapons and armor for free? Is this gameplay or is it a glitch or exploit you refer to?

IIRC, some chest have pre-order/day one items, such as various Warhorse armors and/or gear.

Edited by Static

Coin

The pre-order stuff is 4 treasure maps leading to chests IIRC. I wouldn't say the gear is necessarily OP but more of a shortcut to getting some armor that isn't complete sh*t. Two deserting soldiers killed me wearing a suit of it lol

feckyerlife
Posted (edited)

in the game if your follow the road that goes from rattay to neuhof, once you pass neuhof (heading North East) the road will merge with a road thats coming from an Inn to the east, right pass the merger on the left is an abandoned camp with an unlocked chest, inside the chest has full armour and weapons all are high level that you can use right off the bat. The sword in the chest is one of the strongest in the game, i think has a rating of 75.

Edited by feckyerlife

Dryspace

Alright thanks, Static, Coin, and feckyerlife.

Can anyone confirm that there was or wasn't a visual downgrade included in a patch?

Am Shaegar

Can anyone confirm that there was or wasn't a visual downgrade included in a patch?

I haven't read anything about a downgrade in this game.

Are you referring to this tweet?

So we released a hotfix 1.3.1 that opttimizes the game on some CPUs, but also we screwed Advanced Graphic Settings hwn adding new features there, so we are working on another hotfix for that, Dont fiddle with those until itrs fixed :)

It seems like an error that affected the graphical fidelity in game. The game runs absolutely awesome. I'm not into graphics that much, so I'm thoroughly satisfied with whatever they have managed to offer in terms of visuals.

You might be interested in reading this interview that talks about the tech behind the game in complete details.

Too often in this industry, the PC version of a game has been artificially downgraded and held back so as not to appear too superior to the console versions in terms of graphics. Watch Dogs 1 is an infamous example. PC gamers are punished simply for having the gall to invest in powerful hardware. Will the PC version be downgraded and held back to seem artificially closer to the console versions? Will the PC version have visuals beyond whats possible on console?

Jakub Holik: First of all, this is simply not true. I can confirm that we werent bound by any contract to make the game look worse on PC. And I sincerely doubt other studios have different conditions. If that is so, then just ask yourself what other than hate and a worse competitive edge could the developer get from downgrading the game on purpose. The reason for downgrades is simply a practical one early propagational material which comes from an unfinished game or possibly a vertical slice, where only a part of the world is present in which case it might run better and without problems. Later on, with more content, the game will get slower and new problems will arise. This is where you need to start making compromises to deliver a well-running game to customers. Some technologies might work in most cases but get totally screwed in other particular occasions. Unless you can work around it, you have to ditch them. Most settings that affect the performance can be set differently between platforms, but there are some things that are not easily scalable though, and those need to be done with consoles in mind. An example would be a vegetation map: PC could potentially handle denser vegetation, but we can keep only one. However, the difference between what we want and what we can have is quite small in this regard. On the other hand, there are objects in the world that are present only on PC, SVOTI runs on all systems with scaled specs, lights have different shadow-casting settings on different platforms, and so on. So, although other engines might have a harder time scaling everything than CE, it is also possible that the developer didnt have enough time to balance the settings well, but theres for sure no conspiracy here. We are all trying to make good games if for no other reason than because good games sell better than bad ones.

Tomas Blaho: Warhorse [studios] is quite small studio in comparison to other studios creating AAA open world RPGs, so we definitely cant create very different content for PC only. All assets were prepared with consoles in mind. PC has the advantage of more objects, details, clutter etc. in specific level layers that are not exported for consoles. Furthermore, textures are generated as much as 4x higher of a resolution on PC. I personally dont think Sony or MS would care about PC much. On the other hand, they would demand answers if there are incomprehensible discrepancies between each console platforms.

Players on PC has more options regarding vsync, motion blur, and anti-aliasing. Actually, the whole Advanced Graphics Settings is PC only, so players can tweak particular effects to the quality of his/her interest.

Will the game have 21:9 support on PC?

Yes. Ultra-wide monitors are supported.

Will the game have mod support on PC?

Patch 1.3 brings a basic mod support in cooperation with Nexus mods. Modders should be able to put their mod paks to a specific directory where we make sure these are loaded in a particular order as the very last thing, so no other data will overwrite modded files. Each mod can include a manifest file among other things, which will let KCD verify a mod version compatibility and a custom .cfg file with a list of custom cvars tweaks.

Awesome :D

Will the game feature primary and secondary key bindings on PC? And can PC gamers completely remap the controls to their hearts content?

Yes, both are possible. In the Settings/Control menu. We also support both XBOX and PS4 game pads on PC.

Dryspace
Posted (edited)

@Am Shaegar

I actually found the post; it's in the comments of this review. Here is a copy of the post:

Odins_Mercy Mar 10 @ 9:15pm
Couldnt agree more. patch 1.3.1 they downgraded the visuals and added MORE bugs. I 100 percent regret the number one rule....no pre orders, wait for reviews
I bookmarked the new article you posted. I really enjoyed the other one at Eurogamer.
Edited by Dryspace

Am Shaegar

That's exactly the tweet cited above, also mentions an issue with the patch 1.3.1. It's not a downgrade but an error/mistake they encountered after that patch, and it is already fixed in the patch released thereafter.

The graphics are absolutely beautiful. Nothing to worry. There's no downgrade.

Dryspace

That's what I wanted to know. In that case, I won't wait for the bargain bin, but only when I am satisfied that quests work and serious bugs are resolved!

Can I ask another question? Let me explain first that I investigate games, but I actually don't like to look at games before I play them. I like to go in as blind as possible about story and character-related aspects, which are communicated partially through visuals, and I also like to leave the chance open to be impressed by the technological achievements.

Another review stated that he couldn't hit 60 fps on 'Very High' with his 6700K and 980 Ti, and that the 'High' setting runs at 50 - 94 fps, but with "very average" graphics--that the graphics of Bannerlord are "night and day" better.

I told him that there is no legitimate expectation that the highest setting of any game run at anything but a playable framerate (and really not even that) because settings are arbitrarily decided and have different performance requirements between games--they are not industry standardized.

About the 'High' setting though: Does his speech issueth from his rectum when he claims that there is a major difference between 'High' and 'Very High'? Because if so, it would seem that the game may not yet be well-coded and -optimized.

This be the review I speak of

Am Shaegar

I'd suggest you to watch this

review, which'll answer everything.

The instructions in game are straightforward. I don't see an issue here. Maybe that user review was talking about instructions during quests, which indeed require proper attention from the player, as not everything about the quests is clearly laid out. I find this a good thing, where not everything is spoon-fed to the players by the game.

Regarding graphics - It could be that the highest settings @ 60 fps might be a little difficult for the system to balance performance with visuals, which is not the fault of the game but the system itself needs to be powerful enough to handle all kinds of various post processing effects, and other stuff that affect the graphical fidelity in game, which is something that matters to those players who are purely graphic enthusiasts, and actually own a very strong system.

For the rest of the players, I don't think they need a very lavish and rich experience in terms of graphics. It looks brilliant by default anyways.

The combat (not talking about unarmed, but the actual fights with weapons) is the only area that I'm not entirely happy with this game. It needs a little tweak to make it less frustrating and effective overall.

The video link above explains the reasons behind the combat not feeling entirely satisfying.

Coin

Took a break for a while to let some more patches drop, but have since picked it up again. Fought Runt in Baptism of Fire and goddamn, he whooped my ass over and over. Think it took me at least 10 tries to best him.

Dryspace
Posted (edited)

Isdk1Tv.jpg

(Note: This shows the actual rating--Valve's displayed rating, which excludes non-Steam purchases, is actually lower: 71% vs 73.4%)

I have been assuming--or hoping--that the overall rating has been mostly a reflection of the buggy, unfinished state of the game. If this is true, and the developer gets serious about getting the game completed as quickly as possible, the rating could start to rise.

This has happened with other games, such as Batman: Arkham Knight, but the longer the rating remains low, the harder it becomes to undo the damage.

Edited by Dryspace

Am Shaegar

DLC Roadmap

kingdomcome_2469453b.jpg

Jesus Christ be praised - The Kingdom Come: Deliverance journey is far from over. With the newly released DLC roadmap, you'll get a good idea of what we are planning this year through next year. Below you can see story content, a hardcore mode, tournaments, mod support PV5TXjg.gif and much more coming down the pipeline! We appreciate all the feedback that each one of you have given us, so thank you for being the inspiration behind much of what is coming in the future!!!

Story DLCs:
From the Ashes
The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon
Band of Bastards
A Womans Lot (Free for early crowdfunding supporters)

Kingdom Come: Deliverance Additions

Hardcore Mode (Free)
The Making of Kingdom Come (Free for early crowdfunding supporters)
Tournament! (Free)
Combat Academy (Free for early crowdfunding supporters)
Modding Support PV5TXjg.gif (Free) Story DLCs:
From the Ashes
The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon
Band of Bastards
A Womans Lot (Free for early crowdfunding supporters)

The first DLC "From the Ashes" in which you will come into the care of an abandoned village, will be shown to press on E3 2018.

Fireman

Great, I hope they do not spend too much time on DLC's and such,.After all they have a Part II to make.

Am Shaegar