Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,778 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Kingdome Come: Deliverance

Cosmic Gypsy

I would support this is they made a Stretch goal for 3rd-person.

'Cause literally no one wants to play a melee first person game... I think.

Wrong, me and many people i know in person have been waiting for a decent first person melee combat game for years now. Finally there's a game that puts first person and melee together.

We need more people to embrace first person melee, imagine how brutal things are gonna get in the long run, getting stabbed/bottled or even punched/hit in the face in first person view would be amazing if done correctly. The problem with 3rd person melee is there is no urgency, no sense of harm, imagine blacking out for a split second every time you get smacked in the face, recreating how your eye would close during a fight, recreating how your head/body would violently jerk/move during fights, etc. I suspect the only reason first person and melee aren't already hand in hand in a lot of games is because it would be so hard to achieve, well we gotta start achieving sometime, instead of sticking with the known.

I'm still going to follow this project and hope they'll show us something that'll blow our minds, but there's so much more you have to take into consideration in first-person, especially in those huge fights they advertise. How do you know who to attack? How do you notice someone is behind you without falling back to the giant red alarms on the side of your screen telling someone is behind you? The game has to be fun, not annoying.

I just want to see some proof that it'll work, before buying/donating fat cash dollaz. Even then I might not use Kickstarter though, 'cause I'm not a big fan of first-person, ESPECIALLY not if it's melee.

I agree the points you raised are valid, i too find it annoying on first person games, not knowing when someone is directly behind you, they might not even be careful and you just can't tell due to first person, Battlefield being a game which suffers from this. In my view sound should be a lot more focused and prominent when it comes to approaching danger from unseen angles, you do hear footsteps in Battlefield very clearly, and even sounds of foilage moving yet for some reason, most of the time i still ignore it. Guess it's kinda my fault really... Maybe subtle small cues would be ok, rather than ugly big alarms which i hate also.

I'm guessing who to attack will be pretty obvious, i reckon it'll almost be like gang colours.

Edited by Cosmic Gypsy

GTA3Rockstar

Looks good so far! Always liked these kinds of games

Video update #3 (Horses)

Animation looks great for these horses! Nice to see that these horses will be intelligent too and not just "mindless drones".

Cosmic Gypsy

To be honest, it looks to me so far that the weakest part of this game is easily the animations, people walking, this horse moving... Not impressive at all. In comparison to the rest of the game looks very primitive.

To be honest, it looks to me so far that the weakest part of this game is easily the animations, people walking, this horse moving... Not impressive at all. In comparison to the rest of the game looks very primitive.

Uh... did you watch the video? It says clearly on the bottom of the video during the horse riding, "Horse model, animations, and mane physics are work in progess only". Programmer also said this is just a placeholder animation, it's not the final animation, as they will be capturing the animation through motion capture later on.

Also, this game has a tentative release date of Q4 2015. This game has over a year still left in development. The fact that you are complaining about the animations is laughable.

Fireman

Uh... did you watch the video? It says clearly on the bottom of the video during the horse riding, "Horse model, animations, and mane physics are work in progess only". Programmer also said this is just a placeholder animation, it's not the final animation, as they will be capturing the animation through motion capture later on.

Also, this game has a tentative release date of Q4 2015. This game has over a year still left in development. The fact that you are complaining about the animations is laughable.

Question: Why show it?

Same problem with other Kickstarters; Here's some stuff in-game! But nothing is how it should be yet, so we're showing you this for no reason! There's no real reason to show you this to get you to pay for the game, because it won't look like this and we don't want any feedback on how it should look, because as we said, we're not done yet!

Finite

I want to see some combat footage as well and I do hope there is decapitation, surprisingly decapitation isn't always implemented in games, while it should be!

I agree, I was very disappointed to find out that the latest Animal Crossing didn't allow me to behead my neighbours, such a shame.

Same problem with other Kickstarters; Here's some stuff in-game! But nothing is how it should be yet, so we're showing you this for no reason! There's no real reason to show you this to get you to pay for the game, because it won't look like this and we don't want any feedback on how it should look, because as we said, we're not done yet!

Because it will show the fans on how it will look somewhat, just not exactly. It gives them an idea of what the final product it'll be. Plus, would you want a Kickstarter you support not show ANYTHING (video, pictures) the entire time? Then you're not going to support it, because you have no idea what it's going to look like. If all I see from a Kickstarter is just text on how the game will look, but no pictures or videos, no matter how good it reads, I'm not supprting it. Because I don't know how it looks.

Plus releasing video updates will spread their game to other people who haven't known of the project yet. People also like to stay up to date with the game they support. Releasing video updates show they are currently working on things that the fans are intersted in. It also answers questions that some fans might have had. For example, a fan could be saying, "I really want to see how the horse riding will look and work, I wish they could release a video showcasing that!" Bam, video update released, fan happy.

I just named numerous reasons why video updates are useful. There's probably more reasons too.

Mista J

Because if I invest my money into a game I'd like to see the progress. :p

Fireman

It's not funded yet and these aren't progression updates. They're simply showing unfinished gameplay to get more backers (which is fine), but that doesn't mean we can't criticize it, just because it's unfinished.

As soon as you mention it looks dissapointing, all Kickstarter backers jump in and say: CUS IT AINT FINISHED YET HUR DA DUR. It's not the best way to get backers I believe if you're showing:

1. Unfinished Animations.

2. Unfinished models

3. Unfinished controls

4. Unfinished movements

5. Unfinished environments

I would personally rather see one screenshot of a finished area (even if it's just interior or whatever) than having a movie about stuff that doesn't represent the final game and will not look anything like what you're getting.

It's a good way to spread the game, I agree with that and the video is decent enough to not cause too much negative response (something other Kickstarters do when they show pre-alpha footage which looks like sh*t). As Cosmic said though, these teasers are SUPPOSE to impress us to support the game, clearly it didn't do that with the unfinished everything.

It's not funded yet and these aren't progression updates. They're simply showing unfinished gameplay to get more backers (which is fine), but that doesn't mean we can't criticize it, just because it's unfinished.

As soon as you mention it looks dissapointing, all Kickstarter backers jump in and say: CUS IT AINT FINISHED YET HUR DA DUR. It's not the best way to get backers I believe if you're showing:

1. Unfinished Animations.

2. Unfinished models

3. Unfinished controls

4. Unfinished movements

5. Unfinished environments

I would personally rather see one screenshot of a finished area (even if it's just interior or whatever) than having a movie about stuff that doesn't represent the final game and will not look anything like what you're getting.

It's a good way to spread the game, I agree with that and the video is decent enough to not cause too much negative response (something other Kickstarters do when they show pre-alpha footage which looks like sh*t). As Cosmic said though, these teasers are SUPPOSE to impress us to support the game, clearly it didn't do that with the unfinished everything.

I'm pretty sure it's doing a good job impressing people as it's made over a million dollars with over 20,000 backers. So, your theory of uploading videos of not finished product is clearly incorrect, as it's exciting more and more people to back it. You can take all the screenshots you want, but that isn't going to get me and probably a lot of other people interested. Actual video gameplay will though. And that's why I backed it.

Mr. House

This is same as pre ordering a game.

Kickstarter is nothing like pre-ordering a game, you're an idiot.

Fireman

I'm pretty sure it's doing a good job impressing people as it's made over a million dollars with over 20,000 backers. So, your theory of uploading videos of not finished product is clearly incorrect, as it's exciting more and more people to back it. You can take all the screenshots you want, but that isn't going to get me and probably a lot of other people interested. Actual video gameplay will though. And that's why I backed it.

Aha, but here, me and seven billion other people didn't back it, so did it really make a difference or were the people already going to back it because of the pre-rendered Kickstarter video? Also why would you back a game for a gameplay video that's not final and isn't going to be anything like what they've shown as everything is a placeholder and that doesn't look impressive?

Maybe I'm just not getting it. Did you back it after the horse video update?

I backed Carmageddon, because it's awesome, but after the first video I facepalmed.

Edited by Fireman

Fourth video update (Combat system)

Definitely an important system of the game.

Fireman

Looks pretty decent, I really like the way they approached it as well. Get some fencers to do some animations and re-enactors is great.

The defense button however is bad for the game, it should atleast be as in Mount and Blade, that you have to defend to the side which the enemy is swinging, instead of ALWAYS blocking. Only having three attack is rather dissapointing, I hope there's atleast some variety of attacks if you use another weapon type.

The combat kind of dissapointed me but the next update about the living world was really good:

Edited by Fireman

Game has reached 700,000 pounds! Which means it will use motion capture similar to the motion capture used in Ryse. Which of course, is one of the (might be THE) best looking game currently available. Two more stretch goals left, each for 800,000 and 900,000 pounds. It's at about 730,000 pounds, so it will definetly hit 800,000. As there is always a big spike right at the end. 900,000... maybe.

And yes, the last video update was the one I was most looking forward to. I feel like if the NPC and AI is very intelligent and realistic, then that will help with the immersion of the game. I heard nothing but things I was hoping to see in the game in the video update. Can't wait for this game. Looks like this group of guys is a good bunch too.

Final three days you can pledge. So, if you wanted to pledge, you have to pledge soon!

UtricularEwe001

This is same as pre ordering a game.

Kickstarter is nothing like pre-ordering a game, you're an idiot.How mature of you!

Instead of calling me an idiot, why don't you tell the difference?

To be clear, I do know there is a huge difference between a kickstarter and a pre order.

Edited by UtricularEwe001

Game has hit 1,000,000 pounds!!! The 1 million stretch goal has unlocked a dog companion throughout the story! :lol:

Here is a ONE HOUR gameplay of an early build and then eventually a later build of the game. Game of the year for 2015. Book it.

There is only 24 hours left for the Kickstarter campaign, so if you wanted to pledge, here is your chance!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance

Chunkyman

Probably going to back at the Soldier tier. Also, I'm going to be disappointed if Sean Bean doesn't voice a character in the game.

Mista J

Wow, that's it? For the huge investment point, a dog.

Wow, that's it? For the huge investment point, a dog.

If you've seen the rest of the stretch goals that we've reached, there really is not much else to add to the game. A dog would be a nice companion for you throughout the game and can add some interesting elements to quests.

Fireman

The combat system is just so awful... I hope they throw it around completely because it just looks like turn-based combat right now, and terrible at that. They did say the combat was better in the combat video, but even there it looks very boring.

Combat im the gameplay video is at 36:40.

I can't even imagine how it would be remotely possible to fight two opponents with the current combat system.

The combat system is just so awful... I hope they throw it around completely because it just looks like turn-based combat right now, and terrible at that. They did say the combat was better in the combat video, but even there it looks very boring.

Combat im the gameplay video is at 36:40.

I can't even imagine how it would be remotely possible to fight two opponents with the current combat system.

Did you miss the part where they said this build is half a year old? They have two more years of development. Two and a half years of development when that early build was created. It's obviously not close to being finished. Relax.

Fireman

Did you miss the part where they said this build is half a year old?

They did say the combat was better in the combat video, but even there it looks very boring.
Edited by Fireman

Cosmic Gypsy

Well, i was just saying. You seem to think the animations looked great, but no.... They really don't, the opposite in fact.

Kickstarter campaign is OVER. 35,384 people pledged towards the game. The final total was 1,106,371 pounds!! This makes it the 19th highest funded game of ALL TIME on Kickstarter. What a success and a big FU to publishers that were worried that there wouldn't be enough demand for this game and rejected them.

If you never got a chance to pledge towards their game then shame on you! You are going to miss out on game of the year for 2015!

Edited by OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

cholesterol

I'd rather stick to Daggerfall myself, but thanks.

hornedturtle

Video update #3 (Horses)

Animation looks great for these horses! Nice to see that these horses will be intelligent too and not just "mindless drones".

ok. I see several problems. with the horses head down all they see is the ground right infront of them. if it was "realistic" the horse won't be able to see the tree or cliff to avoid it in time.

Video update #3 (Horses)

ok. I see several problems. with the horses head down all they see is the ground right infront of them. if it was "realistic" the horse won't be able to see the tree or cliff to avoid it in time.

Again... this is a very early build. The horses are just placeholders. They are going to motion capture the horses later on. So, the horses are going to look amazing in the final game.

Never understood why people complain about a pre-alpha build of a game.