2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Kingdome Come: Deliverance

Kickstarter is already over afaik and it was a success.

Project Update #17: Consoles and Stretch goals
Posted by Warhorse Studios ♥ Like

Coming to Consoles!

This is going to be a brief but very important update. We originally announced our game for PC and next gen console. While we never doubted our technical ability to do it, we were not sure about the actual publishing and distribution. In the last console generation, it just wasn’t possible to have a game on console without an official publisher.

In this generation it’s going to be different though. We had lot of discussion with both Microsoft and Sony in the past weeks and we are happy to announce that the game concept of Kingdom Come: Deliverance was approved by both Sony and Microsoft for the next gen platform (PS4 and Xbox One).

Both companies are very eager to work with independent developers now and were really helpful in speeding up the whole process. We were provided with devkits and will get cracking on the console version right away.

It also appears that we will be able to publish the game on consoles at least digitally ourselves, without publishers. We shall see about the physical/retail publishing, we may be able to do it ourselves, or we may make a deal with another company to do it, this remains to be seen.

What does it mean for you?

If you backed a tier with digital copy of the game, you can choose any platform you want, on any tier.
If you backed a tier with boxed copy and want a console version, we can send you the box and other goodies, depending on your tier. If at all possible, we will give you the disk with the game, otherwise you will get the digital version.

The Alpha version access is confirmed for Windows version only. We are working with other platform holders to see if it could be made available there, but we cannot promise anything yet.
The Beta access will be available on Windows, Linux and Mac at least; it may also be available on consoles but we cannot confirm it yet.

We will inform you about the availability of the game on different platforms as we get closer to these dates and you will be able to adjust your choice of platforms accordingly

There was already a Live Stream with gameplay and Q&A like 2 weeks ago.

Some Info:

- Plattforms: X1, PS4, PC

- NO Fantasy Stuff

- 3 Games (chapters?) planned

Since someone brought up this game in another thread and as there was no thread about it, I made one. :D

Edited by Voodoo

UtricularEwe001

This is same as pre ordering a game.

Edited by UtricularEwe001

Majestic81

Looks promising, reminds me of the Witcher a little bit. not sure what to think about it right now though, it sounds too good to be true and if they cant get a bigger team then the game is f*cked. but ill keep a close eye on its development. i liked Mafia 2 so this might turn out to be good too.

Chunkyman

I seriously hope it doesn't turn out like Skyrim.

Majestic81

Nothing about it is that similar to Skyrim or TES for that matter. other than its fantasy.

Mista J

Skyrim is fantasy this is just medieval.

Chunkyman

I think the classification is historical fiction, also:

de809e75ab7021140ea93c99a90293ce_large.p

Doublepulse

Yea I watched the video, and it looks very impressive I will give them that. But sh*t at the end of 2015??? That is a bit long in my opinion.

When is the alpha and Early access suppose to be taking place?

Th3MaN1

Yea I watched the video, and it looks very impressive I will give them that. But sh*t at the end of 2015??? That is a bit long in my opinion.

When is the alpha and Early access suppose to be taking place?

More time for them to polish the game. I swear I would donate some moneyz if I could, especially after seeing that these are the same guys that made Mafia and Mafia 2, along with Operation Flashpoint, and some other games.

Fireman

Looks like competition for Mount & Blade, though I think it'll lack the giant battles that M&B offers.

Gotta wait for some combat gameplay.

Cheap physical Special Editions though, not sure if they thought that through with the packaging and shipping costs.

Also, the game development has hardly started and they already have a DLC Act II lined up, which you only get when you pay above €150 and ACT III (the second DLC I'd imagine) is even ~€500.

Apart from that the Kickstarter is only there to prove to Publishers that there's interest, so clearly they're going to get a publisher, which COULD change almost everything..

Edited by Fireman

lh1

Looks like competition for Mount & Blade, though I think it'll lack the giant battles that M&B offers.

Gotta wait for some combat gameplay.

Cheap physical Special Editions though, not sure if they thought that through with the packaging and shipping costs.

Also, the game development has hardly started and they already have a DLC Act II lined up, which you only get when you pay above €150 and ACT III (the second DLC I'd imagine) is even ~€500.

Apart from that the Kickstarter is only there to prove to Publishers that there's interest, so clearly they're going to get a publisher, which COULD change almost everything..

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/kingdom-come-deliverance-kickstarts-medieval-rpg-goodness

The team won't charge $60 for each episode, instead they're aiming for something around $35.

Nothing about it is that similar to Skyrim or TES for that matter. other than its fantasy.

Yeah, I probably should have put "fans of RPG's" instead. But, a lot of people like Skyrim, so I thought that'd get more people's attention.

This is same as pre ordering a game.

I don't get it? You're supporting the game so it can be actually made. This has nothing to do with pre-ordering a game.

DeafMetal

^^^^ if you give above $15, you get the first part of the game (Act 1) which is the one they're working on right now.

I've been waiting for this kinda game since I started playing AOE2 in the very early 2000s. I've tried mount and blade but it felt very awkward, especially with a gamepad which is how I prefer to play. I really hope they do a good job with it and manage to get it on the PS4, I'd buy it on day 1.

And @Fireman , they're using a private investor, not a proper publisher. It's like if they convinced Bill Gates to fund a game for them, saying it'd sell well; they mentioned that the investor said it wouldn't sell without fantasy elements, which is why they started the Kickstarter -- to prove to him/her that people are willing to spend money on realistic medieval RPGs.

Edited by DeafMetal

Fireman

And @Fireman , they're using a private investor, not a proper publisher. It's like if they convinced Bill Gates to fund a game for them, saying it'd sell well; they mentioned that the investor said it wouldn't sell without fantasy elements, which is why they started the Kickstarter -- to prove to him/her that people are willing to spend money on realistic medieval RPGs.

Are you sure the investor isn't part of any publishing group or a publisher himself? I haven't read anything about that, but yeha that's basically what I thought the Kickstarter was for. Problem is that when the investor(s) invest, they can basically take control. But seeing as they already worked with the investor on the prototype, it's looking a lot better than other Kickstarters where the investors change the entire work scheme (I hope).

DeafMetal

It's supposed to be a guy outside the game industry, which disqualifies games publishers. How he is though we don't know, but that's what I read. Sounds to me like a stock investor who doesn't know all that much about gaming, but wants to get in the publishing industry, and these guys convinced him the game would make a nice return on his investment.

Here's the article I read: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/01/23/open-world-medieval-rpg-kickstarted-to-prove-investor-viability.aspx

Cosmic Gypsy

This game to me looks to be one of the most promising, i really look forward to this. The people seem to still move in a bit of an un natural way when walking at an un naturally slow speed, maybe with an un natural animation. but yeah thats just me being overly picky, looks wickid

Video update #1 (the world)

Edited by OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

BrownBear

This looks like the game I've always wanted, I really hope this comes to PS4.

Fireman

I would support this is they made a Stretch goal for 3rd-person.

'Cause literally no one wants to play a melee first person game... I think.

Finite

I'm sceptical, yeah it looks good but I'm just not sure a team this small can pull of what they're claiming they're able to, even if the potential release date is nearly two years away I just can't see it happening.

Nobody? Obviously 18,885 people do.

Forzum

Looks interesting, and sounds like it could be really cool. Will sooner or later chip in on the kickstarter.

Video update #2 (Character Customization)

This keeps getting better and better!

Mista J

Can't wait for this. Can't wait to start chopping limbs off with battle axes.

Fireman

Can't wait for this. Can't wait to start chopping limbs off with battle axes.

I want to see some combat footage as well and I do hope there is decapitation, surprisingly decapitation isn't always implemented in games, while it should be!

Killing people should look cool.

Majestic81

I like the customization options, from the way they worded it before that the game will be focused on a male character i kinda of thought that the character creation would be much more restricted. but this looks good. and f*ck yeah, finally i can mix clothes and armor together.

Edited by Majestic81

Cosmic Gypsy

Wrong, me and many people i know in person have been waiting for a decent first person melee combat game for years now. Finally there's a game that puts first person and melee together.

We need more people to embrace first person melee, imagine how brutal things are gonna get in the long run, getting stabbed/bottled or even punched/hit in the face in first person view would be amazing if done correctly. The problem with 3rd person melee is there is no urgency, no sense of harm, imagine blacking out for a split second every time you get smacked in the face, recreating how your eye would close during a fight, recreating how your head/body would violently jerk/move during fights, etc. I suspect the only reason first person and melee aren't already hand in hand in a lot of games is because it would be so hard to achieve, well we gotta start achieving sometime, instead of sticking with the known.

Edited by Cosmic Gypsy

gnad.1992

Wow it looks awesome..

I hope they release it soon. I'll buy it for sure. Thanks for sharing OP :^:

Fireman

Wrong, me and many people i know in person have been waiting for a decent first person melee combat game for years now. Finally there's a game that puts first person and melee together.

We need more people to embrace first person melee, imagine how brutal things are gonna get in the long run, getting stabbed/bottled or even punched/hit in the face in first person view would be amazing if done correctly. The problem with 3rd person melee is there is no urgency, no sense of harm, imagine blacking out for a split second every time you get smacked in the face, recreating how your eye would close during a fight, recreating how your head/body would violently jerk/move during fights, etc. I suspect the only reason first person and melee aren't already hand in hand in a lot of games is because it would be so hard to achieve, well we gotta start achieving sometime, instead of sticking with the known.

I'm still going to follow this project and hope they'll show us something that'll blow our minds, but there's so much more you have to take into consideration in first-person, especially in those huge fights they advertise. How do you know who to attack? How do you notice someone is behind you without falling back to the giant red alarms on the side of your screen telling someone is behind you? The game has to be fun, not annoying.

I just want to see some proof that it'll work, before buying/donating fat cash dollaz. Even then I might not use Kickstarter though, 'cause I'm not a big fan of first-person, ESPECIALLY not if it's melee.

Edited by Fireman