4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Vice City Nostalgia

Carbonox

MrAlexVercetti

I'd totally buy similar suit to Vercetti outfit with a purple shirt and go have some fun.. and take selfies lol. i even found one like that suit..but expensive :(

• Like 2
Algonquin Assassin

I'd totally buy similar suit to Vercetti outfit with a purple shirt and go have some fun.. and take selfies lol. i even found one like that suit..but expensive :(

I've always wanted a Hawaiian shirt like Tommy's.:p

I have on shirt like that. Its not that expensive, you can get one online. :)

Edited by gtafan2u
  • Like 2
BlackSnow176

Still my favorite GTA, along with GTA III. The gameplay, the storyline, the characters, the protagonist, the side-activities, the asmosphere, the music, everything was so perfect in Vice City... :)

In the GTA's since, I've always had mixed feelings. Be it an unrealistic story or a frustrating gameplay, too boring after completion or "not good enough soundtrack". But not with Vice City. It's always been a perfect 10 to me.

When I was a kid about 12 years ago, I actually drew Tommy's outfit with the Hawaiian shirt. It was such a good drawing, I was thinking of becoming a designer :D

Edited by BlackSnow176
  • Like 1
MrAlexVercetti

@MrTommyV, How much?

300$ i just saw the price today and ugh.. cant afford it :( but its so damn good looking one.. also with stripes.

P.S. hawaiian shirts not expensive. its just hard to find similar to Tommy's one..this year i tried to seek for such in Palm Springs and Los Angeles but no luck..and i didnt stay there long enough to find one :( and i dont trust online purshases if i dont know who they are and all..i make purchases only from trusted sites..

Edited by MrTommyV
  • Like 1
Algonquin Assassin

When I was a kid about 12 years ago, I actually drew Tommy's outfit with the Hawaiian shirt. It was such a good drawing, I was thinking of becoming a designer :D

Why didn't you? :D

If I ever do find a Hawaiian shirt like Tommy's one day I'll be sure to post a picture of myself wearing it.

Edited by SonOfLiberty

Try YD man. I saw one in there the other day that looked very Vice like. Some acid wash jeans and knockoff Superstars and you'll be ready to go. :cool:

Have a look at websites like ASOS or big U.S. department stores like Macy's around the summer seasons. They normally have loads of light coloured 80s style linen/cotton suits that actually aren't too expensive because they always seem to have a sale on. Plus they ship overseas. You'll get them even cheaper when they try to get rid of their last stock around Autumn and Winter.

It's funny to think that when this game was first released everyone was taking the piss out of the outrageous 80s fashion but these days it's becoming stylish again. I lose count of the amount of people in Hawaiian shirts I see, the same with the 80s style tracksuits. Every time I see someone in a palm print shirt, suit sleeves rolled or doing the loafers without socks thing it gets me drunk on Vice City nostalgia.

The whole retro-wave/retro-electro music scene also makes me think a lot of Vice City and how the soundtrack of that game seems to have influenced the young artists who are coming up now. Not just 80s music in general but I can spot it a mile away when I hear a sample of a song that was on VC's soundtrack.

• Like 3
MrAlexVercetti

thx for the advice Tyla, just im not in US all the time. i fly there then leave for some while. thats why i didnt have time to look out for either hawaiian shirts or striped suits..otherwise i'dve bought it long ago..

MrAlexVercetti

wow now thats rly cheap. here in my country i cant find hawaiian shirts. :( i prefer buying them from US. but from a particular store..im more of concentrated on buying striped suit like Tom's.

Edited by MrTommyV

I don't get nostalgia for Vice City because I still play it on a near enough day to day basis although it reminds me of Christmas

• Like 2
johnnboygaming

My nostalgic moments were:

Coming out of the hospital with that same view of the hotel.

Riding the boats around.

Most importantly Tommy Vercitti.

• 4 weeks later...

I was walking homeward when a shoe store blasted out Laura Branigan's 'Self Control' on the radio, and I daydreamed about grabbing a car and driving around blaring the horn at the guitar drop, Done best with a deep blue Sentinel XS.

Fun times.

The Dedito Gae

I've always wanted a Hawaiian shirt like Tommy's.:p

yB8hC7N.jpg

Get jelly fuccboi

Edited by Midnight Hitman
  • Like 4
Vercetti27

Bought the PS4 version last night and currently loving it - only been a year since my last playthrough. Not sure if I can be bothered to go through the whole story again but the graphics are f*cking ace. Makes those sunny days on the beach look twice as good, and ocean beach twice as vibrant. Also the trophy system works really well, and you can uploads videos straight from the game.

• Like 1

When you boot up the game, the part where they launch it on the commodore 64 and the song from The Buggles plays in the background.

Load "Vice City"

Haha

• Like 2
SmokesWithCigs

"vice city nostalgia" I often reminisce about the days when the game had tear gas behind the Washington police staition sigh.

GTA-Biker

I first played GTA VC in 2005 when I was 12 and the last time I played it was a few years ago.I just got it again,but this time for PS2 instead of PC.I felt very nostalgic when I started it up and the intro started.

Inadequate

"vice city nostalgia" I often reminisce about the days when the game had tear gas behind the Washington police staition sigh.

Haha, damn you're posting that on every topic.

OT:

The PS2 version is totally nostalgic for me, great and sweet memories.

ROCKSTAR MANIC

Vice City is the best themed GTA to date. Hands down best Soundtrack of all time.

It was about the summer of 03 when I played this game. I went over to a friend's house just to hang out. I didn't know his older brother had a PS2. He told me if i wanted to play Vice city. I was like "ok". I was hooked ever since. But i never had the urgency to purchase it. Well, i didn't own a PS2 at the time.

• 1 month later...
Exilninja

I can't even think of specifics when re-living my memories of this game. I played this game throughout my childhood.

Vice City was probably a huge factor in my love for 80s music now as an adult. :lol:

I remember as a kid I used to go to Escobar International and attempt to board planes by reaching the different gates inside the terminals, hoping I could fly away to some other city or something. My imagination ran wild.

• 3 weeks later...
Mid Night Club

I can't pick it specific moments from the game, the whole game is special for me. I love it so much. My favourite GTA, it is, and forever will be.

I have on shirt like that. Its not that expensive, you can get one online. :)

I had one some time ago. Loved it, until an alien nibbled on it.

My nostalgic moments were:

-I didn't figured out how to enter in cars so I was jumping and surfing on them[then I pressed a random buton and it worked,but then I was busted by a cop and I was raging because I didn't knew how to do it again]

-Getting cars to jump/throw them in water in order to pass into locked islands/getting boats

-Couldn't pass ''Demolition Man'' mission[Now I can complete it on my first try even on my phone]

-After getting a list of cheats,I put the game on pause menu and then I started typing panzer cheat to spawn a lot of tanks for mayhem[sometimes the game was freezing because of that]

-I didn't knew how unlock the other islands,then I started doing missions,during the mission ''Guardian Angel'' the game was always freezing and as you know,that is the first mission which can unlock an island.

-Seaways and nuttertools all day

-I tried to go outside vice city thinking that I could go to san andreas map,but I found out after reaching the map's limit,the game spins you back into vice city's direction.

-I had a nightmare where I was starting playing gta vc during night,but on the loading screen was that girl with black hair and bikini,then she became creepy with red eyes and sharp teeth with blood on her mouth,then I was too scared and I woke up.

-I was making people jump into water when I was driving cars around that tight place where the lighthouse is.

-And many more things...

Edited by MihaiXD
  • Like 1

I think I remember the very, very first time I played Vice City, in that ciber-cafe during 2004. I loaded a save on the Hyman Condo and attempted to fly the helicopter on top of it.

I also remember my first time playing San Andreas, on PS2. I was fascinated by the trains and the ability to ride bikes.

Edited by Nico
  • Like 1
kBlaise

I remember two "holy sh*t" moments clearly, both are related to the soundtrack. Being born in the second half of the 80s I was somewhat familiar with a few songs from the game but they had been out of fashion for a long time when I grew up in the 90-00s.

So I heard Crockett's Theme for the first time in thr game while cruising around Starfish during the night - it really struck a chord and made me amazed by the game's atmosphere.

Then Broken Wings came on later while I was flying during sunset. It totally blew my mind and I was hooked forever.

• Like 1
SpooferJahk

I have a lot of memories playing this and GTA III in 2003 when I was a youngster playing the PS2 for the first time. Vice City I played first before hitting III and I still remember when I first tried it. It looked so realistic and was the first game of its kind I ever played. I played Driver 2 years before this, but ultimately this was not like anything else I played before and it was mesmerizing.