1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

[XBOX] Approved Custom Races

LuapYllier

Thanks for the approval.

@DeffJeff. It just didn't work as good with utility and suv's so I had to cut them.Thanks for the kind words.

No problem at all LambentBunny it was a good match and as for the utility class im not saying i want those and i def do not im just stating which are/not available shoot most of my races are for super but i havent taken off my the utility vehicle chose

@Fachuro

I always worry when I give a review that if I tear a track apart being as objective and honest as possible that I come off as pompous or elite and will offend the creator and make an enemy of the thread and myself. It is refreshing to see players like yourself and Bunny and Noble who can take the criticism and convert it into progress. I look forward to your resubmittal. If at all possible I would as you suggested change the tires for the stripped barriers. Nothing irks me more than driving over those tires and bottoming out...or the fact that your aparently burrying half a tire in the concrete.

@jeffdeff

Did you have to quote all that stuff again lol?

Oh and your gonn throw all your stuff at us at once? Might want to save a few for later? Hehe

@Community

Lets see some more nominations folks...if your brave enough to make them then post them up and we will help you get it right.

Edited by LuapYllier

@Fachuro

I always worry when I give a review that if I tear a track apart being as objective and honest as possible that I come off as pompous or elite and will offend the creator and make an enemy of the thread and myself. It is refreshing to see players like yourself and Bunny and Noble who can take the criticism and convert it into progress. I look forward to your resubmittal. If at all possible I would as you suggested change the tires for the stripped barriers. Nothing irks me more than driving over those tires and bottoming out...or the fact that your aparently burrying half a tire in the concrete.

@Community

Lets see some more nominations folks...if your brave enough to make them then post them up and we will help you get it right.

I love getting feedback on my creations. Good or bad. It let's me know what I'm doing right and wrong. Very useful information for improving the product and publishing better creations in the future. Many thanks to the judges and others who have provided awesome feedback!

I would like to nominate another one of my creations;

Tickle My Balls (Xbox Land Race) http://rsg.ms/1eWUcvq

Cream the competition in this pleasure filled lap race up and down the straight followed by two tight lower loops. Easy drifting for muscles. Wide open for bikes. Gets its name from the layout (See map)

I have a few others that I'm tweaking. I will nominate when I believe they are ready. Thanks!

@Fachuro

@jeffdeff

Did you have to quote all that stuff again lol?

Oh and your gonn throw all your stuff at us at once? Might want to save a few for later? Hehe

@Community

i got 4 more that im almost finished with and i got planes for another 3 that ill hopefully finish this week....all i really do on gtao is CC n more CC lol

@Fachuro

I find the tire lines have a really good aesthetical view resembling real race tracks. What's commonly done is that they don't bury half a tire, but they just use half a tire and bolt it into the concrete or tarmac. However, in that particular portion as you enter the tunnel it's become clear to me aswell that it doesn't work as well as I would've wanted it to, as there's a slight edge to the road hiding them from plain view, and making players fly over if they come in too fast. The other turns where they're used however I feel they serve their purpose, they mark their track, and are clearly visible, making it the drivers responsibility to keep within that line. As I said, it's a technical track, and it's frustrating when you come in too fast and get stuck on the tire line, but it's also a user error and not a track error. But for the ones as you enter the tunnel I agree it's a weakness with the track design, as they're not visible in time for the driver to make the appropriate adjustments to speed, direction, drift, etc...

As for taking criticism, the same thing annoys me :p Criticism is nothing but positive as long as it's phrased correctly, and has a valid reasoning behind it. (I.E. saying "there's too many checkpoints" is a subjective approach, and will be perceived negatively. But with a good reasoning such as "The placement of certain checkpoints on long straights make the sharp turns less visible to the driver" shows a clear hindrance caused by certain checkpoints, and is an objective approach clearly stating why the checkpoint placement deserves more attention.)

Me, I'm very happy to recieve criticism, and then judge the validity of the criticism myself based on the reasoning. And you sir have the ability to remain focused on giving objective reviews, regardless of your own performance and relationship to the tracks. (I have noted this on your previous reviews given to other aswell) Which makes you a very easy critic to take seriously, and listen to ;-)

Maybe it would be better if LuapYllier, split the approved street car races into categories like 16 player only street car races and another list for 15 players or less street car races?

Also what about making lists like Super car races and Sport car races also, under the Street cars approved races list?

Maybe even splitting them into Point to Point/Sprint races and Lap races Only as well, or is this too far?

What do you guys think??

Edited by WhitEd3vil91

Maybe it would be better if LuapYllier, split the approved street car races into categories like 16 player only street car races and another list for 15 players or less street car races?

Also what about making lists like Super car races and Sport car races also, under the Street cars approved races list?

Maybe even splitting them into Point to Point/Sprint races and Lap races Only as well, or is this too far?

What do you guys think??

As the list grows I had planed on separating things further, starting with car classes. As far as laps go I think I will leave some things for the users to do for themselves. I got enough work on these. Click the link for a race and instantly can see if the number of players meets your needs.

What do you guys think??

As the list grows I had planed on separating things further, starting with car classes. As far as laps go I think I will leave some things for the users to do for themselves. I got enough work on these. Click the link for a race and instantly can see if the number of players meets your needs.

Yeah I know that you can click on the links of the races for downloading and all info, just thought it might be cooler to break them down a little bit, instead of pilling every race on cement into "Street Races" but if your too busy hey its cool ;)

Edited by WhitEd3vil91

Racing Done Right- Decent route. Not sure what happened on the turns though. There's a group that are fine, but also a large group that are broken in the way that they don't properly guide the racer through the turn and point towards the next checkpoint rather than follow the road path. Here's a list of the broken paths by checkpoints: 21-22, 24-25, 7-8, 13-14, 15-16, 16-17.- N

Road Trip-Mostly good but there's a broken turn from checkpoint 11 to 12. The checkpoint is too far in front of the actual turn. Some people build like that but in this case you have other turns with the checkpoint at the turn. Fix the broken turn and it would be a yes for me. Right now a no.- N

Please add my motorcycle only map to the next list of nominations.

Jump Ship (Land Race) http://rsg.ms/1goHxoz

"Simeon wants to get into the motorcycle export business but someone has beaten him to the ship. Steal the bikes loaded on the cargo ship and bring them to the dealership. Go ahead and test thier limits but hurry, Simeon has offered a premium to those that bring the bikes to him the fastest."

Minimum props (no ramps) - Starts with a leap from the cargo ship then a quick sprint around the dock followed by a mixture of open road and back alley twists and turns. Ends at the car dealership. Just the right amount of short straights, long straights, wide turns, tight turns and tight spaces to keep things interesting. Feedback welcomed, as always.

Plaza Drift is now updated, if you want to do a second playthrough and give me some feedback on the updated version that would be greatly appreciated.

Changelog:

- Removed a series of midblock checkpoints

- Moved certain checkpoints that with the removal of other could get better, more intuitive placements.

- Changed the first set of tire lines as you enter the tunnel for striped cement blocks

- Added a striped cement block in the second tunnel part to funnel players into the right lane

- Moved the jump checkpoint closer to the edge for a more intuitive course, as I consider the need to respawn at this checkpoint unlikely, making the gain by moving larger then any potential loss by reduced jump speed.

- Moved the hospital entrance checkpoint to the furthest curb to funnel players into the right lane for entry (Barriers seem unecessary with the moved checkpoint, as it gives and intuitive long drift into the right lane)

- Added some striped cement blocks upon exiting the hospital section, aswell as a container and some barrel lines to make this section of the course more intuitive.

- Added barrel lines at the last turn before lap finish to make even more intuitive (had spare dynamics)

- Decrased max amount of players from 8 to 6 so tight sections will become less crowded

- Changed layout of starting field to better fit the road, so players will avoid starting with two wheels on the curb

- Changed available classes and vehicles to exclude large vehicles, and uneccessary slow vehicles (such as utility and bicycles)

- Added GTA elements for health and speed boots in appropriate areas to accomodate for GTA racers (excluded rockets to not give grief ability to players lagging far behind in certain sections of the race)

Thanks judges for your reviews of my map, Player's Choice. I have updated the map with the suggestions noted. Took out several CPs from first couple of legs to help the shock from the lack of CPs in the "choice" section. Also rearranged some of the remaining CPs to help max the flow of the race. Moved the finish line ramps to even them out more. Would love to hear your feedback on the improvements/changes.

And thanks again for taking the time to review all the nominated races. Your reviews continue to help us all become better builders.

Original post is updated with the approved nominations and a copy of this nomination class. Thanks again for your participation. I look forward to running these tracks.

2-12-14 Nominated Class and votes:

Community Chest - MC_John_117 - dj(Y) - L(Y) - M(Y)

Sightseer Scramble - MC_John_117 - dj(Y) - L(N) - M(N)

Windy Winds - Herithia - dj(Y) - L(N) - M(Y)

HOT WHEELS - DeffJeff2k14 - dj(Y) - L(Y) - M(N)

ACTION MAN - DeffJeff2k14 - dj(Y) - L(N) - M(N)

Tickle my balls - Guitarone01 - dj(Y) - L(Y) - M(N)

Jump Ship - Guitarone01 - dj(Y) - L(Y) - M(N)

Battle of Sedan - LuapYllier - dj(Y) - L(Y) - M(Y)

The Last Super - LuapYllier - dj(Y) - L(Y) - M(Y)

Hood Hustle - LuapYllier - dj(Y) - L(Y) - M(N)

Classic Curvilinearity - LuapYllier - dj(Y) - L(Y) - M(N)

Compact Disco - LuapYllier - dj(Y) - L(Y) - M(Y)

Plaza Drift - Fachuro - Resubmittal - dj(Y) - L(Y) - M(N)

Player's Choice - Guitarone01 - Resubmittal - dj(Y) - L(Y) - M(Y)

Edited by LuapYllier

Not sure what the deal is, but social club is being a pain today. I typically open a new window in SC and then have to refresh to get the job to show, but now that resets the page to the default jobs page without a job being selected.

EDIT: Actually the entire jobs database seems to be all screwed up at the moment. All searches are failing for me right now.

Edited by B3astGTS

I imagine they are jacking around with all kinds of stuff with a patch and a DLC within 2 days...plus weekend events. Just enjoy the content for the weekend I guess.

Maybe they are fixing the lack of votes updating all week.

Edited by LuapYllier

Maybe they are fixing the lack of votes updating all week.

Votes on my new maps were updating almost instantly last night. The maps made before the new batch of verified jobs still have not updated tho. Also, I noticed they changed the Job search layout a little on SC as well. I was able to get on there earlier but now back to "No results" screeen

My Valentines Day present for you folks. Sort of a thank you for supporting this thread.

Valentines Cash Flowers

First place pays out 36k with 10 people.

5 minutes of Seashark is boring but for 360k am hour I will do it.

EDIT: Made over 500k tonight doing sea races.

Edited by LuapYllier

Community Chest - MC_John_117(YES)

Sightseer Scramble - MC_John_117(YES)

Windy Winds - Herithia(YES)

Tickle my balls - Guitarone01(YES)

Jump Ship - Guitarone01(YES)

Battle of Sedan - LuapYllier (YES)

The Last Super - LuapYllier (YES)

Hood Hustle - LuapYllier (YES)

Classic Curvilinearity - LuapYllier(YES)

Compact Disco - LuapYllier(YES)

Plaza Drift - Fachuro - Resubmittal(YES)

Player's Choice - Guitarone01 - Resubmittal(NO)

@ Community Chest - MC_John_117

Standard All modes availible-Noon/Clear-Sport(Custom Feltzer)

Cool title and nice description. This race is nice and simple loop track that should be set on 2 laps. Cant go wrong with a race like this. I VOTE YES

@ Sightseer Scramble - MC_John_117

Standard All modes availible-Noon/Clear-Super(Custom Entity)

Nice title and nice description with traffic warning. Now i didnt play this race with traffic or with other players so my time was easier but this race could be fun avoiding players. I VOTE YES

@ Windy Winds - Herithia

PtP all modes availibe-Noon/Clear- Off-Road(Custom BIfta)

Cool title and description that tells you the track difficulty, This wasnt a hard race for me but for a new racer this could be a hard time with the sharp turns and the whole falling off the track thing. I liked the staight turn straight turn at the end too. I VOTE YES

@ Tickle my balls - Guitarone01

Standard All modes availible-Noon/Clear- Muscle(Custom Dominator)

Cool title and description. This one feels more smooth then the first submission. I VOTE YES

@ Jump Ship - Guitarone01

PtP all modes availbale-Night/Clear- Motorcycles(Custom Akuma)

Now this title and description is really nice cant wait till the CC is out of beta. The beginning is more of a vet race and the end is a beginners race. I VOTE YES

@ Battle of Sedan - LuapYllier

Standard All modes availible-Night/Clear- Sedan(Stock Benefactor)

Title was cool and had a nice story description. Short and sweet and not a frustrating sedan/compact alley way race. I VOTE YES

@ The Last Super - LuapYllier

Standard All modes availible- Morning/Clear- Super(Custom Entity)

Cool title and description is short but it tells me what im going to be doing. This is one of those highspeed straights and turns. The turns are wide enough where you can speed through them. I VOTE YES

@ Hood Hustle - LuapYllier

Standard All modes availible- Night/Clear- Sports(Custom Feltzer)

cool title and cool story description. I want to say this isnt a race for newbies could be a little rough for them when it comes to train track turns, but this is a good race though. I VOTE YES

@ Classic Curvilinearity - LuapYllier

Standard All modes availible- Morning/Clear- Sports Classic

Cool title and descriptoin. Nothing bad to say about this race. Easy type of race classics for something different and super for real speed racing. I VOTE YES

@ Compact Disco - LuapYllier

Standard All modes availible- Morning/Clear- Compacts(Blista)

Cool title and a description that imforms you of whats to come. First of all i would not reccomend this race to newbies with all the sharp turns but vets will have a good time in this race. I VOTE YES

@ Player's Choice - Guitarone01 - Resubmittal

GTA All modes availible- Morning/Clear- Super(Custom Entity)

Cool title and a description that informs me on what im going to be doing. This race will be a hit and miss. The concept is still good short and sweet. Only 2 bad things and thats the ckpt gaps on the highway. If you could put some health pick ups where there is a players choice that would be great and the huge ramp needs to be fixed as is though I VOTE NO

@ Plaza Drift - Fachuro - Resubmittal

Standard All modes availible- Night/Clear- Sport(Custom Feltzer)

Good tile and description but it could use a difficulty rating. This time i played with a full lobby of 6 and it wasnt a as bumper car as i thought it would be and it also seemed that you expanded the barriers out along with the uphill ckpt seems to be moved. These improvemts really helped this race a lot. I VOTE YES

where do I submit my bike races that require skill?

You would post the race here. Follow the forum guidelines on the first post. It seems that were clearing them out at a decent pace so it shouldn't be to long till you get some feedback after posting

these are bike races that require skill which are in my signature, i have other ones but these are the hardest

let me know what you think please

Edited by GR Choke

Gonna need you to post individual races with links if you want us to look at some. It is in the guidelines. Plus I see 32 bike challenge races in that link...not doing all that at once.