1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

[XBOX] Approved Custom Races

LuapYllier

Hey deffjeff any chance you could edit your reviews into one post please? It is easier for me to track the thread for updating purposes. Still waiting on the remaining reviews also. You reviewed stuff you didn't need to and not the ones you should have.

So the voting system is broken for races and everything else in the game.

Everything shows as not yet rated.

Maybe changes or still from the cloud downtime the other day?

Sorry for the multiple post and edits but this is all the races/puzzles/jumpfest i did last night

All Over The Block - BridgeHat (NO)

Rooftop Parkour (Short) (NO)

Changing Lanes - BridgeHat (YES)

Dutch Karting - JohnTaper (YES)

Hair Scramble - JohnTaper (YES)

Everyone to the Bar! - OldManHooteR (YES)

Pier Hooligans - BridgeHat (YES)
Super Stunt Riders IV - AoDBigMitchBaker (YES)

@ All Over The Block- BridgeHat - Vehicle Parkour

1st Play Through By myself Super(Custom Entity)
At the start of the race I'm meet with a brown container in the middle of the road and I have to make a sharp right to a tight alley way to another series of sharp turns this wont be a problem with a small amount of players or for a vet racer but with a max lobby a beginner racer i feel players will be frustrated at the start of the race. As for the ramps....I cant say take them out but when its a race and not a puzzle could you put some way to keep the racers from falling off the ramps and also some of the containers that are between checkpoint 15-16 please adjust cause the end ones are to high. A checkpoint at the end of the ramp set of checkpoint 15 could use a checkpoint on the roof of the building, so when a player doesnt know that they are about to land in a area then have to respawn out of and start the ramp set again isnt fair. Its frustrating going all the way to the top to fall off cause of ramp placement or user error and have to respawn. I know if this was a max lobby only 1st-3rd and others that arent in a pack will have fun going through the race but the ones that are in a pack might quit the race or dislike cause of to many trial and errors. Checkpoint 17 needs to be adjusted back. Upon spawning my car starts to fall off the roof into a tennis court that i have to respawn out of and it happend twice. Maybe a ramp on the roof that could a racer could use to jump after spawning or keep them from falling off the roof but keeps the idle cause of the elevation. Checkpoints 19- 28 have to many obstructions that can force the racer to respawn. Checkpoint 30 needs to be ahead of the gas tanks and closer to the parking lot entrance. The 2nd to last ramp section needs to be adjusted i couldnt gas it but i also could go slow it took way to many tries to get up there.

I see the potential of the race but at the same time it seems poorly planned and poorly executed. This could be a nice triathlon race where each section a racer has to climb run bike and drive to a checkpoint. As is though i cant recommend this race. I WILL VOTE NO

Rooftop Parkour (Short) - BridgeHat - Vehicle Parkour
I attemtemped to play this race but after spending minutes of trying to get back on the roof 1 racer made it the other racer was still trying and i honestly gave up and quit the race. A large dumpster ramp as a base to a med/small dumpster ramp with motorcycles is frustrating. The problem is 2 things: the garbage in the ramp puts me off course the other is the 2 different sizes of ramps. If fixed i will try it again but until then i can not recommend this map. I WILL VOTE NO

@ Changing Lanes - BridgeHat -Jumpfest :

great name that describes what is you will be doing. The description was detailed enough to give me a small heads up would have liked to know that I would be doing a lot of ramps and to tell us not to go full speed. The limit of super and sport was a great idea. No traffic and I'm thankful cause it would be game breaking. No GTA mode. Now the review of the map.... I felt that there wasnt a good enough notice to a checkpoint that is AFTER the ramp which was really sad cause I would end up over shooting or under shooting the objective. It was a good race but the blind jumps off the highway and to the floating trailer could use some work maybe some blue construction barriers to help stop players from falling off the ramp or a checkpoint that was in the middle of the jump. I would play this map again with friends not in a real race. I WILL VOTE YES

@ Dutch Karting - JohnTaper
Nice name and a storyline type of description. Off road race Good race checkpoints are well displayed had no trouble didn't have to look at my mini map to often. The limit of off road only is a good idea. Standard GTA and rally are open to play. I played standard and GTA there were no props in GTA. No traffic. I have nothing bad to say good job has alot of replay value. I WILL VOTE YES

@ Hair Scramble - JohnTaper
Nice name but the description could use some work.Short point to point Off road race with only off road vehicles should be the only vehicles allowed IMO. Standard, GTA, rally playable but there are no props for GTA mode. All I can say is that's a great race that's short sweet to the point but I would like the sandking taken out of the race cause of the bridge turns into a major chockpoint. Will bookmark and replay with friends and real races. I WILL VOTE YES

@ Everyone to the Bar! - OldManHooteR
Great Name and a short story description to get me in the mood to race. Standard, GTA, Rally are playable but GTA has no weapons though. There are no props in the race. I decided not to race with traffic on. The race had great checkpoint placement and spacing. It was a easy race a little to easy for a vet racer. I would replay this map with friends and real race. I recommend beginners bookmark this race. Good job! I WILL VOTE YES

@ Pier Hooligans - BridgeHat - Puzzle Track
The name is nice when i saw the name i was thinking this isnt a real race and thats ok i chose it for that reason. The first play through 2 Players on Mortocyles(Custom Akuma) was interesting. The concept & flow of the map is really nice only problem i felt was that i had to look at my mini map the to often and had to watch for pillars, trailers, a ferris wheel. Not a big problem just need to take it slow this is a fun puzzle track. THE RAMPS FOR THE MOTORCYCLE WORKS ON THE PUZZLE RAMP!!! Im still not used to taking ramps on a motorcyle yet. One big thing i feel that needs to be fixed is the big gap of checkpoints at 14. Im guessing that you can cause checkpoints can be real tricky. If thats the case could you possible use some type of prop to direct the flow of traffic in the direction of the next checkpoint maybe 3 or 4 blue construction barrier on the far outside rail so new players dont fall off the roller coaster by racers PIT them or they just fell off. This could be a big problem with max players. Now the how should i say save checkpoints....BridgeHat took the time out to place certain checkpoints and props so you can actually spawn in a decent location Thank You BridgeHat. The first play through was rough pay was good though. Also DNF but this is user error not the map.

Second play through 1 Player on Mortocyles(Custom Akuma) with GTA Daytime settings this time which made it a lot easier to see what i needed to see and was able to finish the race at a decent snails pace. I was able to walk some of the roller coaster. Way less frustrating this time but would still like some props to help racers from falling off at certain points and also there is a checkpoint right after the ramp puzzle you can go under the roller coaster to the first saftey checkpoint. Just had to let you know. I WILL VOTE YES

@ All Over The Block - BridgeHat - Vehicle Parkour
1st Play Through By myself Super(Custom Entity)
At the start of the race I'm meet with a brown container in the middle of the road and I have to make a sharp right to a tight alley way to another series of sharp turns this wont be a problem with a small amount of players or for a vet racer but with a max lobby a beginner racer i feel players will be frustrated at the start of the race. As for the ramps....I cant say take them out but when its a race and not a puzzle could you put some way to keep the racers from falling off the ramps and also some of the containers that are between checkpoint 15-16 please adjust cause the end ones are to high. A checkpoint at the end of the ramp set of checkpoint 15 could use a checkpoint on the roof of the building, so when a player doesnt know that they are about to land in a area then have to respawn out of and start the ramp set again isnt fair. Its frustrating going all the way to the top to fall off cause of ramp placement or user error and have to respawn. I know if this was a max lobby only 1st-3rd and others that arent in a pack will have fun going through the race but the ones that are in a pack might quit the race or dislike cause of to many trial and errors. Checkpoint 17 needs to be adjusted back. Upon spawning my car starts to fall off the roof into a tennis court that i have to respawn out of and it happend twice. Maybe a ramp on the roof that could a racer could use to jump after spawning or keep them from falling off the roof but keeps the idle cause of the elevation. Checkpoints 19- 28 have to many obstructions that can force the racer to respawn. Checkpoint 30 needs to be ahead of the gas tanks and closer to the parking lot entrance. The 2nd to last ramp section needs to be adjusted i couldnt gas it but i also could go slow it took way to many tries to get up there.

I see the potential of the race but at the same time it seems poorly planned and poorly executed. This could be a nice triathlon race where each section a racer has to climb run bike and drive to a checkpoint. As is though i cant recommend this race

Rooftop Parkour (Short) - BridgeHat - Vehicle Parkour
I attemtemped to play this race but after spending minutes of trying to get back on the roof 1 racer made it the other racer was still trying and i honestly gave up and quit the race. A large dumpster ramp as a base to a med/small dumpster ramp with motorcycles is frustrating. The problem is 2 things: the garbage in the ramp puts me off course the other is the 2 different sizes of ramps. If fixed i will try it again but until then i can not recommend this map.

Super Stunt Riders IV - AoDBigMitchBaker - Jumpfest
I did enjoy this map for the most part but certain parts when im crossing the river it was hard to know where to go. I know there are major limitations when it comes to checkpoints but more traffic signs would be nice. Also this should be a off road race with off road vehicles. Other than that this was a great race. If you have any questions on what i thought of your race please ask.

So the voting system is broken for races and everything else in the game.

Everything shows as not yet rated.

Maybe changes or still from the cloud downtime the other day?

I think with the game still in a beta stage their are going to be some problems but after a few months to a year then this will be a great game lets just be patient

Edited by deffjeff87

technical dock sprint - cwhitney89 (YES)

DUKES OF HAZZARD P2 - magrath420 (NO)

Gymkhana 2 - PowA_VodK - Gymkhana (NO)

Jet Speed - LambentBunny (YES)

El Borro Boulevard - CrowdedTable71 (YES)

Flat River - JohnTapper (NO)

A River Runs Through It - JohnTapper (YES)

@ technical dock sprint - cwhitney89

Point to Point- All classes available- noon/clear- custom entinty

Nice title and good description. Short race that requires some skill Felt like a indy race rather than midnight club or nascar. Checkpoint placing and spacing was well thought out. There was nothing bad that stuck out to me while doing this race. Will bookmark and replay with friends and races. I VOTE YES

@ DUKES OF HAZZARD P2 - magrath420

Point to Point All modes available- All classes available- noon/clear- stock guantlet

Nice title and a decent story description. No GTA weapons in GTA mode. Mid discantce race. The race was fun, wasnt difficult, but some of the checkpoints were placed so there were few times i was looking at the mini map to much. One major thing i didnt like were some of the ramp placement, like in the hay farm and the dumpster in the highway, a regular ramp instead of a dumpster ramp would help and if you could place the hay farm ramp closer so racers dont have to go down a bumpy farm losing speed to hit the ramp which i think is a cool ramp placement. I would play this with friends but not in a race until fixed. I VOTE NO

@ Gymkhana 2 - PowA_VodK - Gymkhana

Standard All modes available- Muscle/Sport/Sport Classic available- noon/clear- custom feltzer- Played with 1 other racers

I googled the title and description found out it was a reference to a drifting event :) Now on to the race. First play through was a confusing not knowing where to go and all these barriers trying to direct the flow of traffic and Im not saying the creator did a bad job just that some spots could have use a couple more barriers or more checkpoints. At the top of the parking garage as well as the bottom you can techniically take the correct way or go the wrong way. If you have 4 players could lead to some traffic jams and possible respawn. The second play through was a whole lot easier but there are some things that can be fixed overall this was a good race. I would play with solo not with friends or real races. I VOTE NO

@ Jet Speed - LambentBunny

Standard All modes available- No utility class :) - noon/clear- custom akuma and custom entity- Played with 3 other racers

Title and description match what the race is about no need for any racer details. The race itself was real simple speed speed tight turn speed speed tight turn. The combo of all this was perfect right when Im like no more straight road please then poof a sharp turn appears. The turns where sharp but also fair to newbies and newcomers the the race. Nothing really bad to say about this race good job. I would play with friends and race. I VOTE YES

@ El Borro Boulevard - CrowdedTable71

Standard only- All classes available- morning/clear- stock gauntlet and custom entity- Played with 1 other racer

Tile and story description are short and sweet. The start of the race was a straight scenic street that went just a tad to long. The 5th checkpoint needs to be moved further up unless your telling the racers to go through the fence for a shortcut. Theres a double checkpoint at 14/15 you could delete one of them and have the players have the chose to stay on the road or got straight through the fence which can be a shortcut but as is it leads to the racer not knowing where to go next. I feel your making the race with shortcuts which is cool but maybe some props to highlight them would be nice. Played twice and still had some trouble with the race. I ended up map hounding or being cautious of the next checkpoint. Great idea but needs to be worked on. I will play this map with friends but not real races I VOTE NO

@ Flat River - JohnTapper

Point to Point All modes available- All Classes avalible but NO SANCEHZ or BLAZER- noon/clear - custom bifta- Played with 1 other racer

Title and description could use a river crossing warning. To start the race you can be forced to respawn for not crossing the river you could add a barriers to force players from taking the jump to early. All the checkpoints going up the hills that small streams in the begining of the race can cause you to respawn for being idle after a respawn! Move the ceckpoints off the stream if possible. Checkpoint point 4 should lead away from the small stone cliff. checkpoint 7-8 could use a checkpoint if possible. Checkpoint 29-30 river crossing needs more direction. After crossing the first part and had to cross again i didnt know if i should cut before or after the tire stack. After respawing cause of flooding i had to stop and look for the path that i wouldnt be deep for me to cross. The river/streams forcing me to respawn can be frustrating. I would play this race by myself but not with friends or real races. I VOTE NO

@ A River Runs Through It - JohnTapper

Point to Point all modes available- All classes available no SANCHEZ - noon/clear- custom bifta

Title and description gives me a warning that im going to be racing through or around a river. This is one of those short and sweet maps that get the blood pumping and has a good learning curve but isnt to hard for newcomers. The only thing i didnt like with this map was at the top of the hill before you go down the home stretch i feel there could be some of those hay signs to tell racers slow down and turn here cause i over shot the checkpoint not knowing where to go. But this was a good race will play with friends and real races. I VOTE YES.

Edited by deffjeff87

Can someone put the races on the main post into playlist form? Its hard to figure out which races I've got and which I don't. This thread is slightly confusing anyway.

Sorry for the delay. Some long work days this week. Votes for now, full reviews tomorrow later today:

Technical Dock Sprint- Yes

Super Stunt IV- No

The RIng of Fire-No

Can someone put the races on the main post into playlist form? Its hard to figure out which races I've got and which I don't. This thread is slightly confusing anyway.

As has been said a couple times in the thread already, linking playlists from here to the social club seems to be a very finicky process and more often then not does not work. Also your the only one that knows what you have played or want to play so your the only one that can make playlists for yourself. I have added dates of when the races are added to the list so if you know you did anything before a certain date then the new ones should be apparent...I also add the newer ones to the top of each section.

What is it that you are confused about in the thread? people nominate tracks. the judges run the tracks and vote on them then they are placed in the list at the top. The only post the user really needs to worry about is the first one where the list is, or you could get involved in the reviewing by running stuff that people nominate and talking about them (even though only the judges will be counted as votes. We even leave up the reviews that result in No votes so if your so inclined you can try those on your own and make your own decisions.

I'd like to nominate, 'Magic Mountain'.

Game Mode: Land race

Link:http://rsg.ms/N9g9kU

Description: 16 player, all tarmac, long lap race. Starting with wide, open road racing followed by a technical, mountain-pass ascent through the vineyard and back down again. Bring an emergency kit in case you breakdown on the mountain!

Voting for this nominated class is complete and the voter are in the OP. Currently working on updating list and arranging the next nomination class.

Also have some more nominations of stuff I ran this week.

Down in the park - Vooodu

Broken Dreams - Vooodu

Hood Ratz - Vooodu

Mouse Trap - Vooodu

Lost Cause - Vooodu

Northern Lights - Vooodu

Edited by LuapYllier

OK making a slight change/addition to the way this works. So that we can keep a record of the previously nominated tracks and the votes that they received without having to search through all the reviews I will post the current nominated class both in the original post and here in a normal post at the time the nominations are set. Then when the next class goes up in the OP this record will remain and form sort of a break point in the thread for tracking purposes.

Also I think due to the size of the classes (I'm calling them nominating classes like graduating class) the work involved by the judges and time constraints on some of us I am going to make this a weekly class. Each Saturday morning (for me) I will update the list and nominated class...but all through the week we should be running the reviews and updating votes.

Thanks to all the folks nominating, we have a nice spread of people getting listed.

2-8-14 Nominated Class and votes:
Racing Done Right - jkwik111 - L(N) - M(N) - jd(Y)
Road Trip - RyanTier - L(Y) - M(N) - jd(N)
Plaza Drift - Fachuro - L(N) - M(N) - jd(N)
Down The Drain Part 2- Magrath420 - L(Y) - M(N) - jd(N)
Drift Wars - Magrath420 - L(Y) - M(Y) - jd(Y)
Dam This is Tricky - Henrithia - L(Y) - M(Y) - jd(Y)
Player's Choice - Guitarone01 - L(N) - M(N) - jd(Y)
Lago Zan-don't sink - TritiumIsotope - L(Y) - M(N) - jd(N)
Yikes!! A Ghost!! - HankDunHam - L(Y) - M(N) - jd(Y)
LS Cruisin' - ShadowsEnhanced - L(Y) - M(N) - jd(Y)
Downtown to Poundtown - ShadowsEnhanced - L(N) - M(N) - jd(N)
Strawberry Grand Prix - thesqman - L(Y) - M(N) - jd(Y)
Vinewood Grand Prix - thesqman - L(Y) - M(Y) - jd(Y)
Los Santos Speedway R - thesqman - L(Y) - M(Y) - jd(Y)
Magic Mountain - Zarathustra71 - L(Y) - M(Y) - jd(Y)
Down in the park - Vooodu - L(Y) - M(Y) - jd(Y)
Broken Dreams - Vooodu - L(Y) - M(Y) - jd(Y)
Hood Ratz - Vooodu - L(Y) - M(Y) - jd(Y)
Mouse Trap - Vooodu - L(Y) - M(Y) - jd(Y)
Lost Cause - Vooodu - L(Y) - M(Y) - jd(Y)
Northern Lights - Vooodu - L(Y) - M(Y) - jd(Y)

Edited by LuapYllier

Racing Done Right - jkwik111 - N

Don't like the title but that's just opinion. Muscle default. Laps. No GTA mode. Starts off great. Checkpoints between 13 and 15 need to be reworked. Yes the road does not really have anywhere else to go but the arrows help anyone who may not have ever been on that road to know which way it is going to turn. the arrow should never point in a direction the road is NOT going. Not sure what you were trying to go for with CP 21 but it does not work...needs to be in the corner. CP 23 to 25 need to be reworked as well.

Road Trip - RyanTier - Y

Description works. Super Default. PtP. No GTA mode. Simple highway run at first. Traffic is on. The only checkpoint issue I could comment on is the first hard right at CP10. The point is a little early for the corner and at this point in the race we are moving so fast and watching traffic a friend and I both blew right past the turn and never even noticed it. What I would suggest is to use the placement of the checkpoint to sort of manually make someone pay attention to it. Put it about a quarter way deep into the actual road we are turning into thus making it clear as your coming down the road that something is moving to the right and make us look at the arrows. The finish area forcing a slower endgame is interesting also...could be problematic with bumper bashing nubs. Good race.

Plaza Drift - Fachuro - N

Description gives good info. Sports default. Laps. No GTA mode. Too many checkpoints down the first straight which leads into the Plaza. This results in no warning on the second turn and everyone I raced with hoped over the tires. It is also a very skinny path at that point and your cramming the whole field into one lane. You don't need midblock checkpoints if you can see the next corner from the last. I would remove CP's 2, 5, 9, 11, 18, 21, 29, 31, 32 and 35. Needs a striped barier on the left guardrail right after CP14 at an angle to funnel into lane. CP24 should be on the yellow crosswalk in the corner.

Down The Drain Part 2 - Magrath420 - Y

I nominated this one. I hate down the drain but many people love it. This is a nice twist and well designed.

Drift Wars - Magrath420 - Y

Great drifting track that I nominated. A lot of fun in the rain as the drifting corners have plenty of room.

Dam This is Tricky - Henrithia - Y

Description is fine. Offroad default but should have had some of the other classes limited out. PtP. GTA provided. Excellent Checkpoint placement. Great use of props. Top notch race.

Player's Choice - Guitarone01 - N

Title and description make it known that there are line choices. Super default. Vehicles limited to accommodate ramps. Laps. No GTA mode. Simple path around freeways. Too many checkpoints down front stretch. Ramps on the right need to be either closed or used as another option...title says open ramps are in use. Distinct lack of checkpoint around the first choice of jump paths. I understand the reasoning but after the heavy CP use at the beggining it is a shock that leaves you bewildered and doubting your on the right path. Possibly would be less shock if a lot of the CP's are removed from first two legs...keep it as minimal as possible throughout. Crossover between 22 and 23 needs to be more defined with the CP's. Ramps after 23 are crooked due to pavement unlevel need better location. I don't particulary like jump races but most of these are well placed.

Lago Zan-don't sink - TritiumIsotope - Y

Description indicates Sandking and lifted Mesa only...says others will sink. Vehicles limited to SUV and Offroad class but no individual vehicles limited. Allowing customs on will cause people to play with other vehicles and will get you no votes. Advise limit to one version of the Sandking and call it a day. PtP. No GTA mode. I did manage to complete the race without a single respawn in the Baller I accidentally picked the first time. A couple of line choices I would have made differently but all in all a well made and fun race.

Yikes!! A Ghost!! - HankDunHam - Y

Strange title and description...but creative. Motorcycle default. PtP, No GTA mode. Traffic on. Also allows Bicycles. Definitely not a balls out type of race. Difficult to stay on the desired path. Right turn down the side of the road railing not too clear. Right turn into alley around fence definitely not clear. Nice jump at finish. Adjust a couple CP's and your good to go.

LS Cruisin' - ShadowsEnhanced - Y

Plain description. Super default. No vehicles limited...4 miles in a utility is murder. PtP GTA. Traffic on. Simple freeway GTA. Not too much can go wrong here...except the asshole ped drivers lol.

Downtown to Poundtown - ShadowsEnhanced - N

Lack of description. Super default. Veh limited well. PtP. GTA provided. Traffic on. Built on one of my favorite travel paths through town. The choice left to the driver at the beginning of which side of the road to use makes the distance between checkpoints really far. Personally I would put a couple in on the right lanes and go with it. Simple race basically you against the traffic code. I like the concept of the jump at the end but it has a critical flaw. The containers on the left blocked traffic right in front of the ramps. Also I would make full use of the ramp with a Stunt camera and place the finish line down on the beach somewhere...but that's just me. I'm afraid the blocked finish line makes this a no until fixed.

Strawberry Grand Prix - thesqman - Y

Lack of description. Super default. No vehicles limited. Laps. GTA provided. Heavy use of the containers in areas where it isn't really needed made the places where they were critical element less obvious. The large containers also block a lot of vision making corners blind. Personal opinion is that the majority of the containers could be removed and the few spots where your purposely delineating a path through an S or other odd corner should be done with shorter barriers. An otherwise well made race though. Excellent checkpoint placements.

Vinewood Grand Prix - thesqman - Y

Lack of description. Super default. Random vehicle limitations. Laps. No GTA. Great race. Excellent checkpoint placement. Completely unnecessary prop use. It didn't need them at all.

Los Santos Speedway R - thesqman - Y

Lack of description. Super default. Good veh limits. Laps. GTA provided. Traffic on. Simple Freeway loop. Fight the traffic coding. Good checkpoint spread. Not much to say here.

Magic Mountain - Zarathustra71 - Y

Great description. Super default. Proper veh limits. Laps. GTA provided. Nothing too unusual. Definitely seen this race before by others however the checkpoint placement on this one is immaculate. Very well made man.

Down in the park - Vooodu - Y

My nomination. Sports lap race. No GTA.

Broken Dreams - Vooodu - Y

My nomination. Super lap race. No GTA.

Hood Ratz - Vooodu - Y

My nomination. Sports laps - No GTA.

Mouse Trap - Vooodu - Y

My nomination. Compact lap race. No GTA.

Lost Cause - Vooodu - Y

My nomination. Mortorcycle laps. No GTA.

Northern Lights - Vooodu - Y

My nomination. Sports laps. No GTA.

Edited by LuapYllier

Will post the rest of my reviews tomorrow. Apparently I've hit a bookmark limit so my list of races now stops at P. Here's what I raced tonight:

Down The Drain Part 2 - I'll start off with the positive. From a technical perspective this is one of the few tracks that does jumps properly (plenty of ramp width to accommodate multiple cars, following checkpoint place far enough away that you don't need to hit a specific part of the ramp perfectly to hit the checkpoint). However, it needs more checkpoints between 6 and 7. 6 doesn't point in the right direction. Until that is corrected this is a no. - N

Drift Wars- Overall Good. one iffy checkpoint. You don't have good visibility of checkpoint 7 from checkpoint 6. Not a showstopper but I'd recommend moving back 7 a bit.- Y

Damn This is Tricky - Good Route. No Checkpoint issues.-Y

Lago Zan-don't sink - If only two vehicle classes should work you should limit it to those (I know if you limit it to more than one customs are still on but you have to do what you can). Could get rid of checkpoint9. 8-10 is a bit of an awkward turn. Some extraneous checkpoints that hurt the route. Ex Ex 13 to 14 has you going a slight right than at 14 you make a sharp left to 15. You could have just got rid of 14. Similar of issue with checkpoints 24-26. I wouldn't call it a flaw if you were trying to follow an existing road/path or if you were doing it to avoid spots with bad visibility to the next checkpoint in the swamps. But those aren't issues with the series of checkpoints I noted and it feels like extraneous zigzgagging/turns.- N

LS Cruisin' - . Race description is not really accurate, should say ends at Fort Zancudo.Too long of distance between 12 and 13. You go around corners etc without seeing a checkpoint. It also breaks the checkpoint as it has you go straight instead of following the curve of the road. With traffic on, this actually puts you into the oncoming lane of traffic on the highway.Not really great in a bike race. Need to Fix 12 to 13 before this can be a yes.- N

Downtown to Poundtown - Starting grid put me in oncoming traffic lane. Too long distance between checkpoint 1 and 2. Hurts the track in GTA mode and any other respawn situation. Other checkpoints are good. Not sure how to final rate this as I didn't hit the traffic issue that Luap did during my two runs through the track. But if it does exist that does make it a no. Right now have tog o tentative no. -N

Los Santos Speedway R - Route is fine. Checkpoints are decent. Only potential red flag is how it races with a lot of people and how the traffic builds with the train car barriers.-Y

Magic Mountain - Solid route and solid checkpointing.-Y

Down in the park - Good Route. Solid Checkpointing. No Issues. -Yes

Broken Dreams - Overall good. Could move checkpoint 5 a bit to the right.Follow it at its current position and you go over the median which can through off the handling a bit. Same thing with 11.- Y

Hood Ratz - Ok Route. Solid checkpointung. No issues with this track. -Y

Mouse Trap - Nice Route. Checkpointing is solid. -Y

Lost Cause - Route is solid. Weird vehicle choice to me though. WIth 90% of this being off road seems like Sanchez only would make more sense than all bikes. Checkpoint 7 could be further to the right so that it lines up better with 8. Ran it about 4 times and never died going through the wooden fence as opposed to hitting the road so not a show stopper. Borderline Yes. - Y

Northern Lights - Nice Route. Good Checkpointing- Y

Edited by B3astGTS

Plaza Drift- Had some computer issues earlier so only played this today and wasn't able to take as detailed notes as I usually do. However, the major issue with this track is that it has many bad checkpoints. In particular the first turn in the tunnel comes too soon after the prior check point. The whole tunnel section seems to have checkpoints that are slightly off. I'll post some more detailed notes after a replay but the main result is a no. -N

Gonna nominate a couple of new tracks I built. Simple and straightforward (no driving across the direction of the hills, Luap!). Tested both of these with other players to good response. I DID go flying at one point due to a crash with another player on the second (down the mountain, out of control with INSANE amounts of air), but I don't think I could reproduce that, so can't think of anything to do to fix it.

Name: Community Chest

Description: Simple in appearance, the devil is in the details. Shake the windows of one of Los Santos' many bedroom communities as you blow the doors of those pesky commuters` houses.

(Note - I am aware I need to change the spelling from "of" to "off")

Link: http://rsg.ms/1gh8Dhv

Name: Sightseer Scramble

Description: Catch all the Vinewood Hills attractions at once as you speed past the Bowl, Reservoir and Observatory in this looping race. Don`t blink, and watch for oncoming traffic!

Link: http://rsg.ms/1gh8XNc

(Note - there are no GTA elements involved. If I add them, I'm thinking they might only be in the straightaway elements.

http://rsg.ms/1giyiGt

Thanks for the feedback so far on my "Dam This is Tricky" race. By the way the "Dam" is supposed to be without the "n", a poor play on words though it is :-P

This is my second race to put up for scrutiny. A jaunt around Ron Alternates Wind Farm.

Hope you enjoy!

Sorry it took so long but here are my reviews for some of the nominations keep em coming guys sooner or later R* will see these and you could be the first ACTUAL REAL R* VERIFIED MAP! :p

Racing Done Right - jkwik111 (YES)

Road Trip - RyanTier (NO)

Plaza Drift - Fachuro (NO)

Down The Drain Part 2 - Magrath420 (NO)

Drift Wars - Magrath420 (YES)

Dam This is Tricky - Henrithia (YES)

Player's Choice - Guitarone01 (YES)

Lago Zan-don't sink - TritiumIsotope (NO)

LS Cruisin' - ShadowsEnhanced (NO)

Downtown to Poundtown - ShadowsEnhanced(NO)

Strawberry Grand Prix - thesqman(YES)

Vinewood Grand Prix - thesqman(YES)

Los Santos Speedway R- thesqman(YES)

Magic Mountain - Zarathustra71(YES)

Down in the park - Vooodu(YES)

Broken Dreams - Vooodu(YES)

Hood Ratz - Vooodu (YES)

Mouse Trap - Vooodu(YES)

Lost Cause - Vooodu(YES)

Northern Lights - Vooodu(YES)

@ Racing Done Right - jkwik111

Standard all modes available no weapons in GTA- All classes- Sport(Custom Elegy)- Noon/Clear

Nice name :) and a good description that tells the difficulty also. 1.31 miles is a short race but for newbies it would seem like a longer race. Everything is great until ckpt 18-20 ckpt cluster, if you could place some barries around the intersection to guide traffic you can get rid a checkpoint. ckpt 24 can you place down some traffic cones or some type of sign that can let players know that they can go straight or just go down the road. All of these things i mentioned dont need to be changed, cause its still a great map plus i love driving around this area. Will play with friends and real races. I VOTE YES

@ Road Trip - RyanTier

Point-Point all modes available no weapons in GTA- All classes- Super(Custom Entity)- Noon/Clear

Good name and story description. Starting the race with a long straight IMO is a bad start to a race. Ckpt 10 needs to be moved farther back. I almost turned into a tanker. You should turn on the checkpoint. Overall the race felt longer than 3:00. Most likely cause of the long stretch at the start of the race. I would not play with friends or real races. I VOTE NO

@ Plaza Drift - Fachuro

Standard all modes available no weapons in GTA- All classes- Sport(Custom Feltzer)- Night/Clear

Good name and description had me in a it better be guaranteed fun lol especially since the radio was set to soulfx. You should limit the class size and make sure no big vehicles can race. I feel 8 players is to much for most of the super tight ckpts. The race started me with my 2 left wheels on the curb easy fix. There is a ckpt cluster at 5-6 which lead to me missing the checkpoint and getting stuck on some tire lines and forced to respawn and the barriers should be connected no separated. At checkpoint 18 could you extend out the tire lines. Same for the barriers at ckpt 26-27. This was a exciting race overall but with that ckpt cluster, tire lines of doom(not your fault that low clearance cars can get stuck on them), and the extra tight barriers that my feltzer had trouble fitting through. I would play with friends but not real races. Fix these things and ill be back to play until then I VOTE NO

@ Down The Drain Part 2 - Magrath420

GTA all modes available- All classes- Super(Custom Entity)-Noon/Clear

Im not one for Part2 of R* names but the description tells me what im getting into. As for the race it had a iffy start for me with so many health and boost at the start of the race i didnt know where to go and then i hit a ramp....pretty much all the ramps need to be put closer the way they are now i have to hit the ramp PERFECTLY or i lose control and with so many of them im not worried about the racers or track im worried about the props. Ckpt 5-6 and 12-13 needs a checkpoint to help new comers know where to go and force racers to one side unless thats your goal. Boost are a cool idea for this race but IMO they should be placed further back so you can speed on the ground and to plan your jump. When there are big gaps in the race to me its cause there is a choice of path, there is know where to place a ckpt, or just ran out. When im racing and i dont see the next ckpt i look at the mini map and not the road to often with all the ill placed ramps covered with boost. This map needs some TLC as is I VOTE NO

@ Drift Wars - Magrath420

Standard all modes available no weapons in GTA- All classes- Super(Custom Entity)- Morn/Rain

This one was easy to review cause it was short n sweet. I would like to see some more of those tire stacks around checkpoints so racers can feel accomplished for drifting through them and im also happy that i didnt see any tire lines in the race. I would def play with friends and real races. I VOTE YES

@ Dam This is Tricky - Henrithia

Point-Point GTA all modes available- All classes- Off Road(Custom Bifta)- Noon/Clear

Cool name that makes me intrigued and the description is informative to where ill be racing and also has me intrigued. Now the race itself is really solid short and sweet....for vet racers and higher as for newbies and some newcomers youll be saying the same words as what the title is plus more lol. On a side you should move the trigger location away from the edge of the road and more towards the mountain to lower the risk or players falling into the water. Good race will play with friends and real races. I VOTE YES

@ Player's Choice - Guitarone01

Standard all modes available no weapons in GTA- SUPER/SPORT ONLY Super(Custom Entity) Morning/Clear

Cool name and also cool description that lets players know that they HAVE A ACTUAL CHOICE which is also a warning for gaps in ckpts. And as for the race was really fun to tell the truth and the ramp placement was pretty good no lose of control after hitting the ramp and smooth landing. Also the creator gave the racer safety ramps just in case they over jumped. Nothing bad to say only good. This to me should be verified IMO. Would def play with friends and real races. I VOTE YES

@ Lago Zan-don't sink - TritiumIsotope

Point-Point all modes available no weapons in GTA- OFF-ROAD/SUV ONLY- Stock(Sandking SWB)- Noon/Clear

Cool name...dont know who Lago is. Personally i would put Sandkings instead and thank you for a the warning of NEEDING A LARGE VEHICLE! But you still need to go through out all the availiable classes and take out all the small ones for racer safety. On to the race. The race felt slow with all the river crossing and tight ckpts. It felt like this build a little speed, brake, tight turn(to tight for a sandking), river cross, and repeat. If this was a short race then that would be cool but the race was to long with all the steps i had to take to finish. Mix it up with a few straights or use more of the roads and land around the river. I would not play with friends or real races. I VOTE NO

@ LS Cruisin' - ShadowsEnhanced

Point-Point GTA all modes available- All classes- Super(CustomEntity)- Noon/Clear

Easy sounding name and description. For the race which i had traffic on was easy to easy since there are no turns. Races like this dont need skill just a faster car so you have to have Catch Up on at all times or the slower car will always lose. To me it as boring i spent have the race switching lanes and blowing up cars to keep myself entertained. IMO races should have a series of turns mixed with straights not just one. Maybe you could somehow force the racers to go to certain lanes to mix it up but as is Honestly nothing good or bad to say about the race. Would not play with friends or real races. I VOTE NO

@ Downtown to Poundtown - ShadowsEnhanced

Point-Point GTA all modes available- NO UTILITY/OFF-ROAD- Super(CustomEntity)- Noon/Clear

Cool name but description needs some work way to short you have 500 characters please use them to get me info or excited to race your map. As for the race which was a short straight. you need ckpts at the start of the race. Its not good to think you have to go somewhere at the start of the race. The race was short and im thankfull cause there were no turns not one single turn. Im not saying theres nothing that wrong with that but maybe 1 or 2 turns wouldnt hurt but if your up for a quick drag race go ahead. I would play with friends but not real races. I VOTE NO

@ Strawberry Grand Prix - thesqman

Standard all modes available no weapons in GTA- All classes- Super(Custom Entity)- Noon/Clear

Cool name but the description needs some serious work 3 words is nowhere near enough to tell a race about the race. ckpt 29/36 you should put some barriers or road signs to help divert traffic to the next ckpt. Not a challenging as i thought it was going to be but wasnt a bad race at all just felt like those 2 ckpts could use some work. Would play with friends and real races. I VOTE YES

@ Vinewood Grand Prix - thesqman

Standard all modes available no weapons in GTA- NO UTILITY- Super(Custom Entity)- Noon/Clear

Cool name but but the description needs some serious work 3 words is nowhere near enough to tell a race about the race. The race though was good nothing bad to say only good. Please start thinking up some descriptions to put into your races even something like "If you like high speeds sharp turns and racing through tunnels and over bridges join the GRAND PRIX TODAY!" That will get me racing more than a super short description. I would play with friends and real races. I VOTE YES

@ Los Santos Speedway R - thesqman

GTA all modes available- NO UTILITY- Super(Custom Entity)- Noon/Clear

Easy passable name but the description could use some work to add to the race length such as reccomended settings, class, whats advised or not advised to help out the race. For the race....its nice short and sweet. Everyone needs a nascar type of race in their playlist this can be one. Will play with friends and real races. I VOTE YES

@ Magic Mountain - Zarathustra71

Cool name Disney fan lol good description that is very informative in what the racer will encounter. Nothing bad to say about this race only good stuff for this well thought out race. I would def play with friends and real races. I VOTE YES

@ Down in the park - Vooodu

Standard all modes available no weapons in GTA- NO UTILITY- Sport(Custom Feltzer)- Night/Clear

Easy passable name but description could use some work. But the race is solid good job on this map! I would play with friends and real races. I VOTE YES

@ Broken Dreams - Vooodu

Standard all modes available no weapons in GTA- CLASSIC/SUPER ONLY- Super(Custom Entity)- Night/Clear

Cool name for the area of the race and the description needs work but i dont care about that i care about that PICTURE GOOD JOB ON GETTING THAT PIC! And as for the race good job! Would play with friends and real races. I VOTE YES

@ Hood Ratz - Voodu

Standard all modes available no weapons in GTA- SELECT AMOUNT OF CLASSES- Motorcycle(Custom Akuma)- Current/Clear

Passable name and description and as for the race good job no flaws that i saw. I would play with friends and real racers. I VOTE YES

@ Mouse Trap - Vooodu

Standard all modes available no weapons in GTA- COMPACT ONLY- Stock(Blista)- Night/Clear

Funny name and short description :( My only gripe with this race is that i wish i could use my motorcyle or even a bicycle as a choice

@ Lost Cause - Vooodu

Standard all modes available no weapons in GTA- MOTORCYLE/CYCLES ONLY- Custom(Akuma)- Night/Clear

Good name to go with the race area. Good race like the touch of the trains...actually one of best ways ive seen that prop actually look natural but cool. Would play with friends and real races. I VOTE YES

@ Northern Lights - Vooodu

Standard all modes available no weapons in GTA- NO SUPER/UTILITY- Custom(Feltzer)- Morning/Clear

Good name to go with the race...would be cooler if there was actual northen lights there but as for the race good job I would play with friends and real races. I VOTE YES

THESE ARE JUST MY OPINIONS ON HOW I FEEL ABOUT YOUR MAP AND I KNOW THAT THERE A LOT OF LIMITATIONS TO THE BETA BUT THERE IS USUALLY A WAY WE JUST HAVENT FOUND IT YET!

IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS ON MY REVIEWS OF THEIR MAP PLZ MESSAGE ME!

IF ANYONE WANTS ME TO RACE THEIR MAP ADD ME GAMERTAG "deffjeff2k14" same as my username

Hmm just realized I missed Road Trip. Will do that one tomorrow. Here's the rest I did tonight:

Player's Choice - First few checkpoints are ok, but there's too big of a switch when the choice comes into play as the route becomes way too unclear.Checkpoint 18 is a bit too far out.- N

Strawberry Grand Prix- Checkpoint 14 isn't lined up well. It's on the outside road when the next checkpoint is inside. 15-16 also needs work, you have people crossing the grass medians to get to 16 from 15.Checkpoint 30 is an unnecessary zigzag from checkpoint 29. Bad placement for a high speed race. Checkpoint 37 isn't great placement from 36. Understand you are trying F1 style turns but without any cues on the course indicating that something like an s curve is coming up it just makes for a bad driving experience.-N

Vinewood Grand Prix- Solid checkpoints. Good route.- Y

Yikes!! A Ghost!!-Odd vehicle choice as that beginning off-road section is better fit for sanchez only than all bikes.5-6 has a lot of bushes between you and the next chekpoint. WOuldn't be bad except there's trees and such obscured that can take you out. Fix the 5-6 view and it'd be a yes.- N

Edited by B3astGTS

Missed "Racing Done Right" also.

Jeff it appears you missed "Yikes!! A Ghost!!" As well.

Also, it seems like several of your no votes are based on your personal opinions. We are not voting on whether or not we personally liked the race. Please provide some details of where there races have problems in construction or reconsider your votes.

Lago Zan-Don't Sink

LS Cruisin'

Downtown to Poundtown

Edited by LuapYllier

Magic Mountain - Zarathustra71 - Y

Great description. Super default. Proper veh limits. Laps. GTA provided. Nothing too unusual. Definitely seen this race before by others however the checkpoint placement on this one is immaculate. Very well made man.

Magic Mountain - Solid route and solid checkpointing.-Y

@ Magic Mountain - Zarathustra71

Cool name Disney fan lol good description that is very informative in what the racer will encounter. Nothing bad to say about this race only good stuff for this well thought out race. I would def play with friends and real races. I VOTE YES

Thanks again for taking the time, guys. It's appreciated.

Plaza Drift - Fachuro - N

Description gives good info. Sports default. Laps. No GTA mode. Too many checkpoints down the first straight which leads into the Plaza. This results in no warning on the second turn and everyone I raced with hoped over the tires. It is also a very skinny path at that point and your cramming the whole field into one lane. You don't need midblock checkpoints if you can see the next corner from the last. I would remove CP's 2, 5, 9, 11, 18, 21, 29, 31, 32 and 35. Needs a striped barier on the left guardrail right after CP14 at an angle to funnel into lane. CP24 should be on the yellow crosswalk in the corner.

Plaza Drift- Had some computer issues earlier so only played this today and wasn't able to take as detailed notes as I usually do. However, the major issue with this track is that it has many bad checkpoints. In particular the first turn in the tunnel comes too soon after the prior check point. The whole tunnel section seems to have checkpoints that are slightly off. I'll post some more detailed notes after a replay but the main result is a no. -N

@ Plaza Drift - Fachuro

Standard all modes available no weapons in GTA- All classes- Sport(Custom Feltzer)- Night/Clear

Good name and description had me in a it better be guaranteed fun lol especially since the radio was set to soulfx. You should limit the class size and make sure no big vehicles can race. I feel 8 players is to much for most of the super tight ckpts. The race started me with my 2 left wheels on the curb easy fix. There is a ckpt cluster at 5-6 which lead to me missing the checkpoint and getting stuck on some tire lines and forced to respawn and the barriers should be connected no separated. At checkpoint 18 could you extend out the tire lines. Same for the barriers at ckpt 26-27. This was a exciting race overall but with that ckpt cluster, tire lines of doom(not your fault that low clearance cars can get stuck on them), and the extra tight barriers that my feltzer had trouble fitting through. I would play with friends but not real races. Fix these things and ill be back to play until then I VOTE NO

I intentionally didn't make any changes to it after Luap's review to ensure you were all reviewing the same track. That being said, you have alot of very valid points, so I intend to modify the track according to most of the advice given now that all 3 reviews have been given. One note though, nothing big, but just ensuring the professionality of this thread that I so enjoy remains. Deffjeff87: The track is set with the Grotto Carbonnizare unmodified as the default vehicle, and probably should be reviewed as such.

Description: Thank you for the positive review of name/description, race descriptions is one of my biggest worries when building tracks, as I often feel I can't think of anything sensible to say :p Tags are even worse, if you have any good suggestions for tags that would be greatly appreciated ;)

Checkpoints: This seems to be the main issue you all have with the track, and one of the things I intend to change. You gave a very detailed and good description of how midblock checkpoints can be disruptive, and it seems that it would fix most of the issues with the track.

Extending Tire Lines: Max Prop limit is unfortunately reached, and props have been stripped to a minimum to keep players from disrupting eachothers whilst still being able to see players infront/behind. (Visibility is also the reason I avoid using large props)

Will also be looking to move CP24 as suggested and whether the props around CP14 can be improved, I've been considering exchanging the tire lines as you first enter the tunnel with a striped barrier, if this can be well-executed, which also should help with the issue as one enter the tunnel at too great sped.

Please do note that a track like this with alot of tight turns isn't meant to allow for overtakes anywhere you wish, but to allow for tactical driving by planning your overtakes. I've personally found that after playing this track a bit my overall racing ability has improved as I've become better at planning out my race and overtakes aswell.

It's kind of annoying that the game engine gives the slipstream too much power however, which makes it hard to control turns whilst in a slipstream. And it does definatly raise the technical difficulty of this track.

I've also considered lowering the amount of maximum players, 8 was to me an absolute maximum, but I'm considering lowering this number further, it does work pretty well when doing a few laps though as the field spreads out thinner.

Starting on the curb is something I've noticed myself aswell, but chosen to ignore so far as it doesn't affect the race overall, and I'm uncertain as to whether it's possible to have the start without issues. I'm going to look into this though, and possibly move the start/finish up to the crossing, making the start face the tunnel. I'm also work on tweaking a few other races to get ready for nominations, so I will have to do this as I find the time, but thank you very much for the reviews, they've been very helpful, and you will most likely see a revised version of this race ready quite soon ;-)

Lago Zan-Don't Sink(NO)
LS Cruisin'(YES)
Downtown to Poundtown(NO)

Lago Zan-Don't NO

for the fact that there are like 2 vehicles you can you use but you can select almost all the off-road vehicles. If you were to select a vehicle just a little bit smaller than a Sandking you wont be able to complete the map. Sure it wasnt entertaining and had ckpt to tight for large vehicles and the ckpts can only fit 1 vehicle at a time unlsess but it is a complete map. The fact that only a few the vehicles in the whole class can cross the river I VOTE NO

LS Cruisin' YES

Sorry this was supposed to be a YES i was looking at the wrong one while typing. I apologize ShadowsEnhanced

Downtown to Poundtown NO

This one i was caught in the middle with the race the race was complete overall but with lack of ckpts n props at the beginning the race even though its a straight race. Not trying to be picky but for such a short race their could be some props to help guide players to the left or right. If you added some props i would change that to a yes

hey zarathustra71

Thanks for liking/replying to our feedback/review. IMO this was a good race with great potential for a real drift race if this was on the PC and could have adjustable camera angles you could make some cool short clips with it. Starting on the curb is more of a mind game more that actaully affecting the race...yes i can mess up with a user error but i dont like to be the odd one out of the pack lol. I understand the turns to cut down on the streaming and having the races try to do overtakes of drift/turns and i was thinking about that the whole time "man i would love to drift past someone on this turn". Good idea just need to iron it out and ill be happy to race this with friends

tt

Edited by deffjeff87