1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

[XBOX] Approved Custom Races

LuapYllier

Noble, while I appreciate you feeding our thread...I don't understand why you are nominating stuff you youself dont like? You pick it apart and tell us how bad it is then nominate it? Im not going to waste my time reviewing them.

Because...

... I think it's a great idea to share everyone's experiences, not just your own...

... I'm a copycat (and know it) and think it's fun and want to participate...

... You're not the only one who can go through custom races and judge them on your set of priorities (sure it's your thread, but it's on an open forum)...

... I don't want to start a competing thread about the same thing, but want to share my own experiences so others don't waste their time on races that aren't worth it...

... You've already pointed out that you don't particularly like certain types of races that are therefore going to be under-represented on this thread, but are custom...

... I want to?

After all, I took your advice, modified my race based on it and am using said advice to inform my own judgments as I go through new races. So why not share what I found?

What am I going to do? Start a thread about the same thing and be told that there's already a thread about it and then start a snark war when I mention that I'm apparently not welcome to post my own thoughts there?

Please note - none of this is meant sarcastically. It may come across that way, but really - this forum is about shared experiences. You're sharing yours. I'm sharing mine. You said you don't like a particular style of race and I'm willing to accept that. I'm still interested in checking out and sharing custom race experiences, though, so what's the harm?

Edited by ll Noble 6 ll

here is a Racers playlist that i like to call REAL RACERS WELCOME

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/playlists/playlist/-bCzHQCw7EGCHHhYFuJwdg

Its a set of that takes skill to will. But from what im reading your the type of judges i need to play my maps anyways. Please tell me what you think and what i can improve on. Thanks in advance :)

Also i am a pro racer and a pretty darn good map maker so ill be happy to become a judge just tell me what i have to do to qualifie

Well first off, Linking a playlist does not work for sh*t...not sure why they don't work but they don't. So if you could please give job links for a few of your better tracks we will have a look at them. We will be down a judge for the next couple weeks so if you want to fill in for now you can. I will be posting the new nominations you can start with shortly. To be a judge though we are going to need you to be able to be around at least every couple days, preferably daily. The new set of nominations can only be posted once all of the judges have voted on and reviewed the previous set.

Noble, while I appreciate you feeding our thread...I don't understand why you are nominating stuff you youself dont like? You pick it apart and tell us how bad it is then nominate it? Im not going to waste my time reviewing them.

Because...

... I think it's a great idea to share everyone's experiences, not just your own...

... I'm a copycat (and know it) and think it's fun and want to participate...

... You're not the only one who can go through custom races and judge them on your set of priorities (sure it's your thread, but it's on an open forum)...

... I don't want to start a competing thread about the same thing, but want to share my own experiences so others don't waste their time on races that aren't worth it...

... You've already pointed out that you don't particularly like certain types of races that are therefore going to be under-represented on this thread, but are custom...

... I want to?

After all, I took your advice, modified my race based on it and am using said advice to inform my own judgments as I go through new races. So why not share what I found?

What am I going to do? Start a thread about the same thing and be told that there's already a thread about it and then start a snark war when I mention that I'm apparently not welcome to post my own thoughts there?

Please note - none of this is meant sarcastically. It may come across that way, but really - this forum is about shared experiences. You're sharing yours. I'm sharing mine. You said you don't like a particular style of race and I'm willing to accept that. I'm still interested in checking out and sharing custom race experiences, though, so what's the harm?

Sorry, maybe I came off wrong as well.

The idea of this thread is for people to nominate tracks that they think are good...have some predetermined judges review them based on a set of agreed upon criteria (not their personal likes or dislikes) and list the agreed to be good tracks for others to feel confident in bookmarking them and not have to worry about junk tracks.

There is also a thread that is pinned at the top for "sharing" custom creations of ANY nature by any one for other people to try. I don't say this to deter you from posting here...just saying that another thread would not be necessary as one exists for specifically your stated purpose.

If you want to participate that is fine too but one of the qualifications for being a judge is to have some content made that meets the (admittedly self created) requirements for making the list. This ensures that the judge is qualified to see, recognize and comment on all of the specs that we have agreed to look for.

Yes there are certain types of races I personally don't like but if you have read through this thread, which I suspect you have, I don't discount tracks based on that. We have multiple endurance tracks approved, and I even voted yes on one of the enduro's from the current set of nominations. I hated the track but it was decently made.

In short, if you think it is good enough to make the list, by all means nominate it and say whatever you like about it in a short review. If you run a track that does not meet our requirements then maybe share your info on it in the other content sharing thread so others can be informed. The only reason I say this is because we don't want to start being selective about which nominated tracks we are going to run. If it is nominated I feel obligated to run it and review it. If I already know ahead of time that it is not going to be approved then the poster is effectively trolling my time and effort. No one is promising to review races posted in the share thread.

I hope you don't find this offensive or insulting in any way. It was not meant to be. I do appreciate your participation thus far.

Sounds like a plan and I always appreciate a clearing of the air. After all, we're all fans (or would-be) of custom races (when they're worthy).

And (I'm laughing here), you must have hated my course THAT much if you upvoted another one and didn't mine.

*insert huge grin here - I'm being silly and I know I have a lot to learn*

It wasn't about hating it. It was about it being poorly constructed. If you would like I can try to hook up with you in game sometime and show you exactly where I was faulting it.

• Like 1

deffjeff I listed you as a fill in judge for the current nominations. We have plenty of races to try for this round so we can use some of yours for the next one.

DrAtomic is listed as "On Vacation"

Approved list has been updated with the last group.

Nominated list for this class is locked in and updated in OP.

Edited by LuapYllier

Add me as a Friend. You and I seem to think similarly anyway (despite our forum-based communication issues. ^_^).

My forum name is my GT, BUT... as I just found out over the past weekend, I need to clarify...

It is "LL Noble 6 LL" - I used the lower-case L's to mark off the name and it has come back to haunt me when people try to send me notes. O_o

And yeah, I'd like that. I want to see what I can do better.

Edited by ll Noble 6 ll

Hey guys. I would like to nominate one of my races if i could. It's a no nonsense circuit race.

http://rsg.ms/MCgGvo

DESCRIPTION

Tired of your car spending more time in the air than on the road? Then this is the race for you. No stupid jumps, just a fun yet challenging lap race. Don't forget to brake!

Cheers!

For my judges...

Beware of putting all of these nominations in one playlist. I would strongly advise to play the nominations by BridgeHat separately as individual jobs.

Also for some reason all his stuff says created by BLARGHHHHHH

I would love to nominate some races, but I don't have a computer. If any of the judges want to try them, send a friend request, and we can run them.

GT: beanzinapot

Im starting to believe this thread got trolled this time with the number of ridiculous puzzle tracks that were nominated. In case it wasn't already clear in the title and the previous reviews, we are reviewing RACE tracks. These are tracks that you can get a group of racers on and have an actual race. We are not reviewing deathmatches, puzzle tracks, or jump fests. A vehicle parkour or a motorcycle race on a rollercoaster, while interesting in its own right and under the right circumstances, is not going to do anything but frustrate a race driver and as such has no place in this thread. They will not get reviewed, at least by me and will never make the list here. Oh and for you guys making gymkhana tracks you do understand that those tracks are based on memory and many repeated run throughs to even vaguely be competant on them? There is no way a judge looking at it one time and seeing no indication of where he is supposed to go since that type of race is not supported in gta, is going to like the experience.

Add me as a Friend. You and I seem to think similarly anyway (despite our forum-based communication issues. ^_^).

My forum name is my GT, BUT... as I just found out over the past weekend, I need to clarify...

It is "LL Noble 6 LL" - I used the lower-case L's to mark off the name and it has come back to haunt me when people try to send me notes. O_o

I hope you found my input constructive.

My precious: http://rsg.ms/MZNL4G

GTA races are deliberately not catered for, as the tracks purpose is drifting. The track design does not allow for a well-executed GTA race with boosts/rockets, I believe you will understand once you've tried playing through it.

Missing GTA mode will likely be commented on, but it will not disqualify your race. I'll add it to the next nomination class.

I often wonder if you guys who specifically make drift tracks run them with rain on. I find that it dramatically improves the effectiveness of drifting in this game. Otherwise I just find myself driving slowly around the corners rather than drifting because it seems so broken.

I would love to nominate some races, but I don't have a computer. If any of the judges want to try them, send a friend request, and we can run them.

Whatever method you used to post here could also be used to post a link. Im not on a pc most of the time on this forum either.

I hope you found my input constructive.

My precious: http://rsg.ms/MZNL4G

GTA races are deliberately not catered for, as the tracks purpose is drifting. The track design does not allow for a well-executed GTA race with boosts/rockets, I believe you will understand once you've tried playing through it.

Missing GTA mode will likely be commented on, but it will not disqualify your race. I'll add it to the next nomination class.

I often wonder if you guys who specifically make drift tracks run them with rain on. I find that it dramatically improves the effectiveness of drifting in this game. Otherwise I just find myself driving slowly around the corners rather than drifting because it seems so broken.

Whatever method you used to post here could also be used to post a link. Im not on a pc most of the time on this forum either.

Yeah, it's definatly not easy, and took alot of practice to get to a point where it's even remotely decent. I wont say it's completely broken, because with the right cars it's actually possible to do some pretty good drifting, but it requires extreme attention to master. Basically, instead of doing the powerslides and such people usually do, what you do is tap the handbrake slightly to adjust the drift, and the brake to reduce speed, increasing speed can't really be explained, you just eventually figure out how to do it on instinct. Also, I would recommend trying to sequentally push rt, then tap b, push rt, tap b, etc to adjust the turns. This way you can get a pretty decent drift, then slam the left stick over to the other side simultaneously as doing a sequence to do the drift the other way. Unfortunately, you still don't get up to the speeds of pro drifters IRL, though that might just be an issue of perfecting the technique further, idk. That's the reason you often find drift tracks having alot of compact sequences :p It might also just be that we don't percieve the speed the same way in GTA because of how far the camera zooms out. As for me, I usually don't have rain on, simply because it looks cooler with a clear, night when drifting, probably too influenced by FNF: Tokyo Drift :p The reason I don't like preparing drift races for GTA races is also because of how much attention the drifting itself requires, it shifts the focus of the track too much, so it really wouldn't be a cool track to play GTA on anyways, that's not the purpose of it. You can however still do it with guns only...

I'm going online in a sec btw, if you wanna do some runs together after you've tested it :-) GT: Md Oz E

Edited by Fachuro

Dutch Karting - Y

Great Offroad track. Not a thing wrong except that GTA was not designed in.

Hair Scramble - Y

Another nice Offroad installment. Again no GTA mode made. Also did not make any attempt to limit the vehicles

Everyone to the Bar! - Y

Motorcycle race. Had a couple spots on the way where the next checkpoint was not quite visible but as it was clearly staying on the road it didn't seem to hurt it. No vehicles limited out and no GTA. This is a borderline yes for me.

Changing Lanes - N

This is a jump fest with a lot of opportunities for missing and respawning and frustration. I will give credit for clever design. It was interesting but not a race.

Pier Hooligans - N

Puzzle track, best run solo and with a lot of time to blow. Very tight and technically challenging. Credit for Originality. Not a race.

All Over the Block - N

There were a lot of expletives involved running this. I will classify this as Vehicle Parkour. Not for this list.

Rooftop Parkour (Short) - N

Same as above.

Super Stunt Riders IV - N

At this point in my playlist it occurred to me that all of these were posted by the same person. Trolling us maybe? Jump fest across a river...I drowned a lot.

The Ring of Fire - N

Very short loop with a nutty jump into a wall and a 180 turn. No thanks, and I am trying to be nice.

technical dock sprint - Y

A nice (and very refreshing by this point in the playlist) super race that delivers as described. No GTA mode.

Dukes of Hazzard P2 - N

I have actually looked at this one before. It has some issues with checkpoints being stuck too far into the roads your going to turn into. In some cases they can't be seen because of trees etc. It also seems to try too hard to get in jumps and fields and such to mess you up. I actually liked the Dukes of Hazzard original version by the same author considerably better in its design but it still had enough checkpoint issues to make me not nominate it.

Trials HD P2 - N

And again I was thrown into someone's idea of fun. Not a race.

Gymkhana 2 - N

I will admit I had to look this race type up to see what was intended. This type of race is from what I understand run as a solo time trial. The drivers practice the course many, many times putting every inch of the layout which includes very tight controlled drift turns, circling barrels in 180 270 or even more degrees, slaloms and other basically vehicle tricks to memory. Due to the limitations of the creator and checkpoint proximity this cannot be depicted properly within the GTAO system. You basically end up with a huge pile of obstacles with a checkpoint on the far side and no real idea how you are supposed to get there. While this track may or may not be well made for what it is, I could not tell you as I would not know. What I do know is that as a first timer on the track I was lost and confused and not enjoying myself. I am going to say that even though this may be a valid form of racing and the track could be well made, I don't think Gymkhana type tracks are suitable for this list as races that anyone can jump into and enjoy.

Jet Speed - Y

Great track. nice speed. Fitting title. GTA mode included. I am voting yes but I would like to suggest that you remove checkpoint 40 and pull 41 into the intersection. Hauling tail down that hill into 40 I blew right past that turn by almost a whole block sliding and slamming the brakes.

El Burro Boulevard - N

I'm pretty sure I have already reviewed this track. It still has some checkpoint issues that make it a no go for me. Also no vehicle limitations.

Flat River - Y

It is an OK offroad race. I am curious why the author removed the ATV and Sanchez which probably would have been the best and more fun vehicles to run it with...but then left in things like the beach van and ratloader...was confusing. No GTA mode.

A River Runs Through It - Y

Well made but there was no effort to restrict to offroad vehicles which is definitely going to matter on this one. No GTA mode.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would also like to nominate two races for the next class...

Down The Drain Part 2 - Magrath420

Drift Wars - Magrath420

Social club seems to be acting up so I will add the links later.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would also like to take not of and thank the moderation team for Pinning this thread. I hope to maintain it for the long haul.

Thanks.

Edited by LuapYllier

Speaking of spam... fancy reviewing these bad boys against your criteria - http://gtaforums.com/topic/673084-xbox-content-creator-share-creations/?p=1064548492

Cater to a unique audience.

Feedback welcome.

Haggini, Just got done running these 10 BMX tracks. One thing for certain, It is confirmed that I am an incompetent fool on a bycicle, All of these apear to be well thought out, challenging, yet doable for a nub like me. I had some issues with knowing where to go but it is because of the limitations of the creator not your desire to inform I believe. If I had to make any complaints it would be with the settings. If they are intended to be BMX only then you should have removed the other bikes from the available vehicles (hit X when highlighting the vehicle class). Some of them are impossible to do without bunny hopping. Also didn't like traffic being on as it made a mess of a couple of them. Other than that I think they are a great addition to anyone's game. I plan to keep the whole playlist in fact as a nice practice grounds...I need it lol.

Just read this, thx. Invaluable information, as I was dead certain it wasn't possible to limit the vehicles within the class until now. Again, lovely how great R* is at making such information readily available... There should be a pinned topic in this forum pointing it out, even though it's simple, as I know there's alot of people who like me, haven't been able to figure it out for themselves... Again, thank you for pointing this out :-)

Messaged a few people on the social club with feedback.

Mostly those who were missing GTA elements.

Who knows they might listen :p

Edited by GTARACER93

Dutch Karting- Missing GTA Elements. Solid track. A lot of checkpoints but they do the job of steering the racer in the right direction.- Y

Hair Scramble- Missing GTA Elements. Distance between 10-11 makes 11 difficult to see after 10. 18-19 also long distance. Originality for route. May be better as sanchez only versus offroad. Have some concerns about how it may play with a full field as the path is very narrow, but a borderline yes. -Y

Everyone to the bar- Missing GTA Elements. Mostly good except the last checkpoint before the finish line could be moved back a bit. Borderline yes- Y

Changing Lanes- Missing GTA Elements. Ramp before 7 isn't aligned well. Checkpoint 10 iffy placement. The ramp from checkpoint 10 to 11 is a blind leap. Cant line it up so you have to guess the line. Ramp from 10 to 11 isn't aligned. 11 to 12 outside ramp isn't lined up. I went way left and hit the checkpoint but missed the highway. Too many ramp issues.- N

Jet Speed- Decent race but needs some minor fixes. Need to space out checkpoints before your turns. This is key on a high speed track. Could use a bit more space between checkpoints 8-9. Have to fix the distance or adjust checkpoints 40-41. It's an almost immediate turn after a long straightaway.- N

El-Burro Boulevard- Missing GTA Elements. Good route but needs some checkpoint fixes. Turn at checkpoint 5 needs to be fixed. The checkpoint is before the turn. While some people do this purposefully, in this case it doesn't work because there's three roads near the checkpoint, and there's obstacles that block line of sight to the next checkpoint. Need to add a checkpoint between 11 and 12 as the checkpoint points straight rather than guiding the racer through the turn. Need to fix the checkpoint before the finish line. There's a dirt road and an actual road and the checkpoint isn't really lined up with either of them. - N

Dukes of Hazzard- Missing GTA Elements. Overall a fun route but has some issues that need fixing. Needs an extra checkpoint between 7 and 8 as the checkpoints don't properly guide you through the turn. Could use an extra checkpoint between 10-11. Overall turn checkpoints are tucked too far in. In some cases the turn checkpoints are obscured such as going from checkpoints 13 to 14. Ramp between 34-35 isn't as optional as the other ramps that were placed. - N

A River Runs Through It- Missing GTA Elements. Interesting Route. No checkpoint issues. .- Y

Flat River- Missing GTA elements. I really like the route and track overall but found a couple issues. The big one was a showstopper was that the first river crossing kills certain vehicles. Tested this first in a sandking swb and was fine. Second run was a dune buggy and made it through river but my engine died between checkpoints 3 and 4. Checkpoint 6 to 7 is not a good route. Maybe moving checkpoint 7 to the left a bit would make it easier to navigate. A Sandking can make it easy, other vehicles not as much. Checkpoints on mountains a bit tough to see in daytime. Good track but needs a few fixes.- N

Rooftop Parkour-Missing GTA Elements. Starting grid had me waay wide left of the ramp. Checkpoint 19 hard to see from checkpoint 18. Easily missed. . Warning doesn't make the ramps less of an issue- N

Pier hooligans- Missing GTA Elements. Too cluttered, in some places checkpoint get lost behind all of the objects. Example, checkpoint 7-8. Checkpoints 9 to 10 isn't a clear path. Rollercoaster section while unique, is terrible for racing.-N

Gymkhana 2- Missing GTA Elements-Need to eliminate checkpoint 2. It goes right into a turn with no warning. Checkpoints 13 and 14 seem like padding just to add distance. You literally go into a parking lot and turn around. A good try on the parking garage, but checkpoints don't work well. Ramp at the top isn't necessary. - N

Edited by B3astGTS

To be honest, I don't know how to do that sh*t. I'm real illiterate when it comes to technology.

Hello, Would like feedback on what I think is my best track Player's Choice for Xbox. It is a wide-open freeway lap race with well placed jumps for supers or sports. The cool thing about it is you can choose different paths to take which leads to different jumps ranging from small to large. I worked long and hard on making each path as close to the same run time as the others. It was up to around 400 likes before the last update, which unfortunately reset the stats. It was built to be an easy to learn, easy to drive track for all levels of players. Any feedback welcome ... good or bad. Thanks!

Thank you for all the great feedback! I also watched closely whilst racing to see the issues of my race.

I have changed a few things.

1. Better checkpoint placement after long straights to allow for more notice of sharp turns.

2. Slightly better spaced placement.

3. Changed the description to make it clear it is not a jet race.

4. Changed it from 14 to 12 players just to stop as much crashing on the first straight

5. Changed grid dimensions again for a smoother start changed from 3X8 to 4X6

6. Moved the finish line to the start of the pier. Due to pedestrians loading after the 1st place driver and causing spin outs/crashes.

7. Added GTA weapons (power ups only)

Please let me know what you think of it now.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/LambentBunny/games/gtav/jobs/job/vxBbXFgUjECtQ-QOCq2CDA?platformId=1

I also created another race a very technical bike race again any feedback is welcomed.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/lambentbunny/games/gtav/jobs/job/UhEjtjx7IkasTdM-6ZV6JQ?platformId=1

Jet speed is much better.

Also found putting bikes on most tracks gathers more likes due to much less crashing. and much closer races.

Edited by GTARACER93

Hello, really enjoying this thread keep it going. I have a few nominations and 2 more I created in my grand prix series.

LS Cruisin'

Created by ShadowsEnhanced

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/7WyW5Ta5ZEOP1TVxSWPnSg?platformId=1

A tribute race to LA Cruisin' that is really fun with supers cars traffic on or off but tough with traffic turned on.

Downtown To Poundtown

Created by ShadowsEnhanced

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/Z6pdkJCsKECkAZrhqxIq9w?platformId=1

Another point to point on the freeway. This is a fun GTA race in supers with 2 sneaky turns.

Strawberry Grand Prix

Created by sqman (myself)

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/fiClZ90oVk6zt0bx7AupSQ?platformId=1

Another F1 style race track. This one is longer but I like it.

Vinewood Grand Prix

Created by sqman (myself)

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/cDL766DrYEm8snNbnKiqkw?platformId=1

F1 style race that is short but I haven't been able to race with anyone yet.

Also my easy nascar style track:

Los Santos Speedway R

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/S0ADalwFDUS5XFSE2XvC3Q?platformId=1

Also, no big deal but the Short Circuit I-III races are mine as well as Morningwood & Rockford Hills GPs just not labeled correctly. no biggie though

Edited by thesqman