1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

[XBOX] Approved Custom Races

LuapYllier

LuapYllier

Lol...Dr. I hadnt even put those up as nominations yet. Way to be on the ball hehe. I will get the nominations up this evening and move this weekends approved up into the list.

Offsides!! Offsides!!!

Hahahaha

Edited by LuapYllier

Lol...Dr. I hadnt even put those up as nominations yet. Way to be on the ball hehe. I will get the nominations up this evening and move this weekends approved up into the list.

Offsides!! Offsides!!!

Hahahaha

12 seconds in and you're allready down a safety imho... :D

ll Noble 6 ll

I'd like to throw in a vote for Holy Rollers. I had a full lobby do this race on streetbikes and it was a BLAST. Turn on traffic and the highway section becomes less of a boring run and more of a slalom through moving gates. Out of two runs (one without traffic and one with), I only saw maybe 2 Dislike votes.

I also randomly downloaded something called "Los Santos Autobahn" (don't know where the link is at the moment). Very long race, but set to one lap (better with two, since newcomers learn it on the first lap and then figure out the turns on the second). Lots of highway interchanges and one long swoop out to the north for some out-of-town racing. With traffic on, in super cars, there were enough crashes to make it an odds-even race for everyone, whether in custom cars or not.

I found another called "Dutch Karting" which is based around the oil field on the eastside of town. Very tight turns on dirt, with a couple of tricky downhill turns and a nice sharp left just before the finish line. Vehicle limitations set to Bifta, Dune Buggy and one other (can't remember, but it wasn't worth picking). Would have been fun to try on motorcycles, but they're (sadly) not an option. Again, set to one more lap than preset, it can allow someone to screw up and still have a chance at winning.

I suck with the job search engine, so sorry for not including links.

Edited by ll Noble 6 ll
LuapYllier

Noble...

Holy Rollers already has been approved but good to know we are on the right track. If you are nominating Los Santos Autobahn and Dutch Karting we are going to need a link and creator so we can find it. Copy paste of the job page address would suffice.

Dr...

I believe you missed one by RDT33...check the nominated list. It will be easier for me to keep up with if you wait until after the new nomination update before posting your review. Thanks.

New nominations are up to date in the OP.

Anything nominated after this post will be in the next nomination update.

Edited by LuapYllier

I'd like to throw in a vote for Holy Rollers. I had a full lobby do this race on streetbikes and it was a BLAST. Turn on traffic and the highway section becomes less of a boring run and more of a slalom through moving gates. Out of two runs (one without traffic and one with), I only saw maybe 2 Dislike votes.

Should go in by jury majority, we voted on this one over the weekend.

I also randomly downloaded something called "Los Santos Autobahn" (don't know where the link is at the moment). Very long race, but set to one lap (better with two, since newcomers learn it on the first lap and then figure out the turns on the second). Lots of highway interchanges and one long swoop out to the north for some out-of-town racing. With traffic on, in super cars, there were enough crashes to make it an odds-even race for everyone, whether in custom cars or not.

I'm a big fan of that one as well, good endurance race. It's actually on the approved jobs list here.

I found another called "Dutch Karting" which is based around the oil field on the eastside of town. Very tight turns on dirt, with a couple of tricky downhill turns and a nice sharp left just before the finish line. Vehicle limitations set to Bifta, Dune Buggy and one other (can't remember, but it wasn't worth picking). Would have been fun to try on motorcycles, but they're (sadly) not an option. Again, set to one more lap than preset, it can allow someone to screw up and still have a chance at winning.

Ah jeah, I've been looking at that one, it's created by someone from the DIRT crew. I know where to find it, i'll find the link and nominate it.

ll Noble 6 ll

Got them to show in my Social Club menu...

Name: Los Santos Autobahn

Maker: Hypertion

Link: http://rsg.ms/1fHQwkB

Name: Dutch Karting

Maker: JohnTaper

Link: http://rsg.ms/1fcVPYQ

Name: Hair Scramble

Link: http://rsg.ms/1fHRygh

Simply put, a silly run up a skinny dry river on the side of Mt. Chiliad. Includes a nice chokepoint under a bridge where EVERYONE piled up. Spent most of this run listening to and participating in the laughter ringing through the lobby. Ran it twice in a row with the same group of random players, it was so much fun!

Name: Everyone to the Bar!

Maker: OldManHooteR

Link: http://rsg.ms/1fHTtBA

A straight-forward run from one bar on Vinewood to Hookies near Paleto Bay. Probably intended for GTA, raced it on motorcycles in traffic and enjoyed the hell out of it. A few turns, but mostly high-speed straightaways. Add in GTA (with or without special weapons pick ups) and it'd be a blood bath. Lots of fun.

Dirt Challenge #2

Name: JohnTaper

Link: http://rsg.ms/1fHR9KY

Track starts you off facing a hillside that is nearly impossible to climb without a redirect. Not a race so much as a "survive this" sort of race. There is one point where if you do not hit the jump exactly right and know how to angle your car, you will be stuck for a good ten minutes... NOT fun. A couple of impossible jumps toward the end of the race had us going far around just to finish the race to vote "Dislike."

Do NOT try "McKenzie Frenzy"

http://rsg.ms/1fHQHfF

The ultimate troll. Game says to use Super Cars, but is entirely off-road with checkpoints in the most ridiculous places. Again, we challenged ourselves to go around the route in order to finish the race in order to Dislike it.

And there's my weekend worth of suggestions and dislikes. Hope it counts for something. ^_^

Edited by ll Noble 6 ll
  • Like 1

Hey guys! Unfortunately I don't feel like I have the adequate time to truly give a thorough review of every race nominated, so I would like to resign my short-lived judge position. Sorry. But I will definitely continue to produce tracks for everyone else to try out and review.

Hey guys! Unfortunately I don't feel like I have the adequate time to truly give a thorough review of every race nominated, so I would like to resign my short-lived judge position. Sorry. But I will definitely continue to produce tracks for everyone else to try out and review.

That's ashame mate... :/

LuapYllier

OK man no problem.

My reviews for this group...

Errand Boy - N

Some of the checkpoints seemed like they were a little far out in the corners. This may be because you were keeping to the proper travel lanes though. A couple of the turns had very little warning because you put checkpoints in every intersection whether it was needed or not. Need to remove the ones right before turns.

Grape Juice - Y

A returning nomination based on feedback and adjustments. 100% improved. I liked it very much. Seemed like it would be good with muscle cars too.

Paleto Cove Enduro - N

No thanks man. I truly tried to do this track as designed. The blind jump off the mountain onto a ramp into the water just completely makes this not possible for me. I even swam across the first pass and tried to continue from there and it just wasn't working.

Palmer Enduro - Y

I will give this one a yes as a "special" track. I didn't like the ramp hidden by trees but it was at least doable. I managed to get about 2/3rds of the way through when the guys on foot completed the race so I am going to say this one is actually able to be done. Not a race though it was made ok.

Swampin - Y

Excellent first half. Nicely laid out. Not sure why the unnecessary and out of place props were added but they don't hurt the race. The second half down the dirt road seemed like it sort of forgot the theme and just went offroad and didn't bother with the swamp it ran alongside but again...didn't detriment the race.

Mazin' Moped - N

Personally I would have left the maze out of the race. In truth I was able to bypass it anyway by just going around. Mopeds don't belong on stairwells. A few checkpoints are bad and no one found the finish line without backtracking.

Revolving Door - Y

Pretty fun GTA race. Checkpoints are effective not any real problems. Nice layout of the path. The only objection I had was the stunt jump into the prison. I was not sure where the checkpoint was and slowed on the hill which meant I fell short. I had to go up and retry it. There is no other way offered to get in. I still won the race so not sure it was a huge issue. Voted yes.

Thanks for the nominations everyone.

Errand Boy - http://rsg.ms/1emZ7cG

Great description, really good! This is a point to point Sedan race by default but allows for all other main car classes. Big shout out for having included GTA mode right out of the box, GTA props positioned well too. All checkpoints are placed in their correct traffic lanes, which allows for a natural race with traffic on as well. Default class and checkpoint layout match with the job description 100%. Great drive with sports cars too. Real quality job. Strangely enough I encounter a game bug with this race that isnt the creator his fault; when traffic is set to on it refuses to spawn traffic, well it only seems to spawn pedestrians (creator should send a ticket to rockstar about this with his job link). One note with regards to the checkpoint before the Rockford Hills turn (Eastborn Way), a checkpoint is placed on the intersection there right before a hard left turn, this checkpoint needs to be removed imho, further down the track a similar situation exists (Rockford Drive/Boulevard Del Pierro). Not really game breaking with sedans, but could be an issue when using higher end cars. The only other real comment I have with this job is that traffic should be on by default given the description and naming of the job.

Vote: Yes

Grape Juice

Love the applied fixes, 100% YES.

Paleto Cove Enduro - http://rsg.ms/1fv2y0o

A description that has been given care and attention but also warns the player that if you are prone to raging this isnt for you. That warning alone sets off the alarm bells to be honest as that does sound more like an adventure/respawn style mission then a race. We'll see. No GTA mode designed. For those that don't know, Enduro is a form of dirt bike offroad racing on an obstacle course, not to be confused with endurance racing (which is about duration stamina). What surprises me is that the creator hasnt limited the bike selection to Sanchez as that is only bike that is supposed to be used on these kind of races. The track is well designed and the first part is fun, does indeed make you think of enduro and is very doable. The second section of the track is where the creator went overboard imho, it basicly boils down to having to cross some water sections by using 46 water ramps. Then there is the issue of the ramp before the finish line that kills motorcycles, but if you made it that far you'd be more then able to lift your frontwheel before hitting the ramp. I think 99% of the playerbase will absolutly hate this course, with a few diehard dirtbikers absolutly loving it. As such I'll no vote it, that said if the creator can show me he can complete the track without dying I'll change my vote to yes and advocate adding an enduro section.

Vote: No

Palmer-Taylor Enduro - http://rsg.ms/1fv2uOg

Description has received care. For those that don't know, Enduro is a form of dirt bike offroad racing on an obstacle course. The first part of the track is a fun bit of offroading, it's when the water section starts the fun starts to cool off fast for me. Simply put if you are faster swimming and going on foot then you are on a dirt race then I'm lead to believe the applied enduro concept here just doesn't work. Don't get me wrong, the track has been well designed, with the only real designer comments being the absense of GTA mode and the availability of all motorcycles whilst it should have been limited to dirt bikes. The same challenge as with Paleto Cove Enduro stands here, proof me you can complete the course without dying and I'll advocate a seperate section for it.

Swampin - http://rsg.ms/MJZELS

The description made me laugh and we have a race that has GTA mode designed without being a native GTA race. WOOT! 1-16 player, offroad Sandking race. The vehicle selection is limited to stock Sandking SWB. Checkpoints are clear and the water sections are marked with water ramps or buoys so it's clear where you can pass through the water. Nice touch. The jumps in the second part should not be there imho, they add nothing and look very sloppy. The props in the corner that follows feel pretty redundant. It's a fun race that a lot of people will like. To make it even better I'd remove the jumps and tire lines and maybe even the busses at the end (allthough I understand those were placed to direct players to the finishline). All in all a nice balance between being an offroad adventure and a race. Naming wise... Wouldnt Swampkin' be a nice pun?

Revolving Door - http://rsg.ms/1fueXle

Nice description, off-road GTA race, 1-16 players. Fun GTA race, well made that takes you through the prison. Strangely enough no 4 stars are triggered when jumping into the prison, even though police is turned on.

Mazin' Mopeds - http://rsg.ms/1fBS7s4

Time and care taken for description, 1-4 player moped race, no gta mode designed. I understand that the creator wanted people to actually have to find their way through the maze but in doing so it becomes more of a puzzle ride then a race. Personally I'd say guiding people through the maze would work better. That said there are also some checkpoint issues where you are actually searching where you need to go. All in all this one has potentional but needs further designing and testing.

Edited by DrAtomic

Hey beast. Which of your three names would you like to be listed under?

You can use the social club ID Ma1evo1entcheese.

Been a little busy the past couple days, will go through the new nominations later this evening and post votes tonight or tomorrow evening.

LuapYllier

We just updated tonight so not a problem. They are still in a playlist on my page if you want quick access..."training grounds"

I have a number of races, but I don't play GTA races and never add em to my tracks. Why is it required?

I think it's because a host can always choose to change your race to GTA, so a designer should accommodate that.

Errand boy- Left turn checkpoints are a little wide. Specifically 4, 31, and 43. I found checkpoint 15 to 16 (a turn) distance is too short. Nice description and nice route. Fix the checkpoints and this could be a yes. Right now it has to be a no.- N

Grape Juice- Legit. Great route with good checkpointing. My favorite user made race thus far. Should be Rockstar Verified. If you like racing you should like this track. 1000% yes. -Y

Paleto Cove Enduro- Missing GTA elements. Accurate description because you need unreal amounts of patience to deal with this. First off the vehicle selection is an issue. It's an off road race and really should be locked to the Sanchez. Street bikes aren't great here. After that we get bad checkpoints as most of the time you have to look at the minimap to figure out where to go (and this is before the ridiculous ramps). Then you get to the island section. First off, the ramp glitches makes regular ramps unreliable to the point of being unusable in bike races. Beyond that the ramp is horribly aligned. You have to hit it perfectly to start the water ramps. Oh and those awesome water ramps...the waves can throw them out of alignment, and because you can't place checkpoints on the water in a land race, you screw up once and have the "joy" of doing it all over again. Mind you the second island checkpoint has you pointing away from the next set of ramps with no good landing spot to start the second set of ramps. I really tried to give this a chance spending 17 minutes before quitting out then restarting the playlist. At least on the second run I could choose GTA race and could just swim it. I can appreciate unique locations and so on that present difficulty, but the map isn't technically sound or well designed. This is the kind of track that makes people hate user created maps. - N

Palmer-Taylor Enduro- Missing GTA elements. Accurate description that's on point. Same vehicle issues as the other track. Checkpoints are better than the other enduro track but still have issues. Once again you need to use the minimap as you have to drive for several second before seeing the initial checkpoint. You also have ramps with bikes again that open it up to ramp glitch. Beyond that the ramp is badly placed.It's a large jump but the ramp is placed in the midst of several trees so that you have to carefully navigate just to reach the the ramp. Same alignment issues with water ramps and waves. At least this time I knew to go GTA mode in advance so I could just swim to the end.- N

Swmampin- At checkpoints11-12 is a bit hard to see next checkpoint. Pointless ramps going from checkpoint 15-16. Could use some cleanup as far as removing extraneous props like the land ramps and the buses. However the props generally don't disrupt the route and checkpoints are good overall.- Y

Mazin Mopeds- Interesting concept and nice description. However bad checkpoints kill this race. Checkpoint 2-3 isnt a great turn.If you dont know the maze getting from checkpoint 3 to 4 is a pain in the ass, and furthermore you have to turn away from the checkpoint giving you wrong away messages a couple times. You also have a checkpoint that takes you up stairs. The problem is that from the ground the checkpoint isn't visible from the prior checkpoint. The final checkpoint before the finish line (I believe 25) is especially bad. It's points you back through a building with no clear visible path to the finish line.- N

Revolving Door-Generally the route good is except that with checkpoint 24-25 the turn comes very quick. Could use a little better spacing there. Overall though it works. -Y

Edited by B3astGTS
Zarathustra71

Grape Juice - Y

A returning nomination based on feedback and adjustments. 100% improved. I liked it very much. Seemed like it would be good with muscle cars too.

Grape Juice

Love the applied fixes, 100% YES.

Grape Juice- Legit. Great route with good checkpointing. My favorite user made race thus far. Should be Rockstar Verified. If you like racing you should like this track. 1000% yes. -Y

Thanks for taking the time to look at it twice, guys.

Edited by Zarathustra71
LuapYllier

Correct, but if you will notice even on the ones where we comment on the GTA being missing some have still been approved. We aren't letting that one issue hold down a race. We are however promoting its use.

I have a number of races, but I don't play GTA races and never add em to my tracks. Why is it required?

I think it's because a host can always choose to change your race to GTA, so a designer should accommodate that.

It will get mentioned, but not actually rejected for it missing. That said, if you are promoting your jobs it will end up with random people who do like to play it on GTA mode. Since you can't turn it off we think it's the creator his duty to accomodate for GTA mode to be populated. Be it with GTA elements or with weapon refills/pickups. Also note that you add replay value to your jobs if you do accomodate for it, sometimes GTA mode can take a track to a whole new dimension.

Edited by DrAtomic

At the request of Atomic

Played 5 races this morning.

Played each one 3 times. Once with the creators default class once with super cars(If applicable) and once with Traffic on.

I have a few I enjoyed.

1.Speedway city tour. Cracking little track nice pace. Only issue for me is that a few checkpoints are a little far apart but their overall placement is good. http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs?ownertype=member&nickname=ryantier&missionId=FMmwGltqJEOFbUCezIEc-Q

2. Jet Speed

Another simple point to point another great track almost flawless checkpoint placement . I urge anyone to give that a try the ending is really rather pleasant Only issue for me and it's just personal is it's a very slipstream esq track. Also had no weapons down for GTA race http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/lambentbunny/games/gtav/jobs/job/vo6-QiDa_EarJHmoAsP0rQ?platformId=1

3. El Burro Boulevard

Didn't really enjoy it much with muscle has a nice pace with sports and their tail happy backs.

Few check points could do with tweaking but again another great track.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/Kcjw-rse4UK_gVOm2mgkiA?platformId=1

Actually going to get a few of the crew to join me and play the first two again really cracking races.

I added 5 more that I will play tomorrow. Sorry if this is set out wrong or I'm not allowed to post it like this :p.

Edit added links to races.

Edited by GTARACER93
  • Like 1
LuapYllier

The votes are in and displayed in the OP for this nominating class.

The list seems to be comming along nicely. I know not everyone is going to want to nominate tracks nor is everyone going to want three or four self selected judges reviewing their work but for those of you that have stepped up we really appreciate it. Hopefully it is being found useful to some users out there who look for quality created content. Wouldnt it be wonderfull to fill up your bookmark list with 80 known to be quality tracks?

To any of you guys out there visiting the list and downloading some of the races...let us know what you think of the thread. Is it useful? Do you agree with the reviews? Are we missing a category you would like to see? Have you enjoyed anything you specifically found in this list?

As always, thanks to the nominations...and to the prompt judging. TY.

I will update the list and new nominations this evening. 6 hours to get your nominations in.

Edited by LuapYllier

@GTARacer93

The speedway one is already on the list. Are you nominating the other two? Great if so...ty.

Yeah the other two are good ones.

Didn't check the list so my bad.

ll Noble 6 ll

I'd like to nominate the "Offroad Adventure" track as an option. I've tested quite a few of them and find them a hell of a lot of fun. They're not "races" per se. I personally enjoy the challenge of figuring out how to get from one place to the next so long as it doesn't take half an hour to do it. In fact, there were a couple today that were such fun that I was actually cheering when the other guy won.

And with that, on with today's nominations:

Name: Flat River

Link: http://rsg.ms/MXqPmL

Description: Cruise up and down creek beds.

Description is weak, but the race is quite entertaining. I suggest a Sandking SWB for the run (it's the first choice). When you're not in a riverbed, you're racing along a road to the next one. Placements are good and give good directions. Did not try it in GTA mode.

Name: Flat Lander

Link: http://rsg.ms/MXsfxi

Description: Offroad field run on the farm.

Again, weak description, but it's apt. More like a bunch of angry adolescents crashing and sliding across the local farmer's fields than a race... There are lots of places where you crash through gates and barriers, so motorcycles would simply be a very bad choice and some of the turns are FAR too tight for the type of race it is. Checkpoints are sometimes hard to see (especially when you go through the orange grove) and a few points along the track lead you into some insanity-inducing jumps where you're simply out of control and trying to land it. Again, if you're a drunken or angry adolescent with an overly-large truck, this might be fun. I however, will be removing this from my map.

Name: Field Sweep

Link: http://rsg.ms/MXtpsP

Description: Jethro is joyriding the tractor agiain.

Limited to the giant tractor, this is little more than a drunken farmer or farm worker running rampant across his fields. There are jumps in seemingly random places and while the track tends to stick to the fields, there are some entertaining "on-road" moments and one short stint up and over a low hill. Unless intended for a low-speed GTA race where everyone dies over and over again, I have a feeling this was just to "experience the life of a drunken farmer" sort of thing. Removed it from my map.

Name: A River Runs Through It

Maker: JohnTaper (I seriously did not intend to do a thorough evaluation of his tracks, but they seemed fun at first glance)

Link: http://rsg.ms/1fLGLlo

Description: Or does it run through the river? One thing that's certain... It puts the lotion on its skin.

Stupid description. Up a wet river, leap off the mountain top and down the dry river on the other side. Simple and straight forward. The rush of racing along a watery path is quite entertaining, and some of the bends make for some entertaining twists as you try to maintain control. A keeper.

Name: $upercross

Maker: erkdub

Link: http://rsg.ms/1fLHjrg

Description: dirt and tarmac cross county - big money - skilled drivers only

Poor quality description. This is generally a good race, but with a fatal pair of flaws near the end. There is a nearly 180 degree turn at the end of a long straight run at very high speed. There is no warning and little space to slow down once the placeables spawn in. The end is off the same cliff as "Jump and Die", but with actual ramps in place and the finish line at the bottom, so if you don't hit it square on, you're spinning and scrambling for the finish. If you DIE on the drop (easily done on a motorcycle), you spawn ON the ramp, so bad placement there as well. Those elements completely killed it for me, but I'll be racing with my crew when I can just to see if they agree.

Hope this helps.

On an added note, I raced Dirty Donuts and Party in Paleto Bay today and had a lot of fun. Both are very twisty, great on motorcycles and Party in particular has some incredible opportunities for large groups to spread out and completely splatter into each other along that long main stretch..

• Like 1
LuapYllier

Noble, while I appreciate you feeding our thread...I don't understand why you are nominating stuff you youself dont like? You pick it apart and tell us how bad it is then nominate it? Im not going to waste my time reviewing them.

deffjeff87

here is a Racers playlist that i like to call REAL RACERS WELCOME

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/playlists/playlist/-bCzHQCw7EGCHHhYFuJwdg

Its a set of that takes skill to will. But from what im reading your the type of judges i need to play my maps anyways. Please tell me what you think and what i can improve on. Thanks in advance :)

Also i am a pro racer and a pretty darn good map maker so ill be happy to become a judge just tell me what i have to do to qualifie