4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[VC|BETA II] GTA Vice City Stories Mod

SaL_Leone

MAJEST1C_R3

Ha ha :) It's easy to make a mod if all stuff are already converted by others. Sal_Leone you're lucky bastard (I'm kidding) :)

• Like 1
SaL_Leone
I can convert for your mod all VCS peds, weapons and cars.

If you do that,then nothing in this mod wont be converted by me except collisions :p

Edited by SaL_Leone
GamerShotgun

^"outdated engine with so many limitations"

ever heard of State Of Liberty? yeah looks like VC cant be modded that much or does it?

anywaySaL_Leone: i really like your idea, its nice to get a bigger mod for VC, keep on working! ;D

This will end up being unfinished, as any other mods like this before.

Also, State of Liberty is one of the projects I've been following since its start. The main difference here is that X-Seti, the founder of the mod asked for permission from Rockstar to reverse engineer the executable and edit several parts of the game, and release it freely later.

And I didn't mention the work that was put in by other modders. The reason why there is a Limit Adjuster with the possibility of editing Vice City's game boundaries is because SOL exists. It angers me when someone tries to compare something that's more of an original idea to something that's pretty much overused and has no originality whatsoever.

XEPOMAHT007

VCS Player1 converted. It's full conversion, but Jaws bone are deleted, because not supported in VC Engine (only SA and VCS support Jaws bone in streets peds).

cfcd6d16f3dft.jpg

7a5efe5a6550.png

download

• Like 1
SaL_Leone

VCS Player1 converted. It's full conversion, but Jaws bone are deleted, because not supported in VC Engine (only SA and VCS support Jaws bone in streets peds).

cfcd6d16f3dft.jpg

7a5efe5a6550.png

download

Thanks

NEW SCREENS IN FEW MINUTES!

Ash_735

Interesting, you know we have the timecyc and carcols already done, we can give you those if you'd like? Nothing like a bit of competition :)

• Like 2
SaL_Leone

Interesting, you know we have the timecyc and carcols already done, we can give you those if you'd like? Nothing like a bit of competition :)

hmm sure!

And sorry guys pics will late

Finally, VCS on VC engine. I hate SA engine, its not meant for VCS and it doesnt feel like VCS no matter what you do.

Erm.. what difference does it make? The VCS PC edition is pretty much the exact same as the vanilla game, only some minor differences, but nothing major.

You can convert anything, make it look the same, its possible. But you cant give me the feeling of VCS, its impossible.

Its just like LCS PC Ed, which lacks the soul, but there is a VC engine based LCS mod, which is actually feels pretty much the same. Even if the Stories games using another engine, it is obvious that both games based extremely on VC engine mechanics and looks. They may borrow some elements like hud or interior enter/exit marker from SA, but that doesnt make they are meant to be on SA engine.

Also, if there was anybody doing a Manhunt2 mod on VC, i would say the same thing, like Manhunt2 belongs to SA engine, as well as the first one is to VC. You cant convert feelings no matter what you do.

Kalvin

You can convert anything, make it look the same, its possible. But you cant give me the feeling of VCS, its impossible.

Its just like LCS PC Ed, which lacks the soul, but there is a VC engine based LCS mod, which is actually feels pretty much the same. Even if the Stories games using another engine, it is obvious that both games based extremely on VC engine mechanics and looks. They may borrow some elements like hud or interior enter/exit marker from SA, but that doesnt make they are meant to be on SA engine.

Also, if there was anybody doing a Manhunt2 mod on VC, i would say the same thing, like Manhunt2 belongs to SA engine, as well as the first one is to VC. You cant convert feelings no matter what you do.

Honestly, I've been playing VCS recently, and I've gotta say it's pretty much - in my eyes; almost identical to SA engine, especially the VCS PC mod.

The VCS PC Edition mod is honestly as if it was a straight VCS port to PC by Rockstar themselves (technically I'm lying about that, VCS PC is better than what Rockstar would've done), but I've been playing LCS too, and I get more of a VC vibe than SA.

I don't think that a VCS mod on VC will ever really look like VCS, but I believe that LCS would.

• Like 3

Then lets settle and say this, LCS is, a truly VC based game, on the other hand, VCS is a graphically VC, and gameplay/new features wise a SA based game.

And ofcourse, dont you forget that, since VCS was the ending of the 3era games, it had more attention by its developers, and also, they pushed everything to its limit in order to lure players to a game, which is already considered old and uninteresting by it's time.

• Like 2
Ash_735

Finally, VCS on VC engine. I hate SA engine, its not meant for VCS and it doesnt feel like VCS no matter what you do.

Oh hell no, is that a challenge to us? It's on III lover. :p

• Like 6
sharpie_eastern

There's no doubt that LCS and VCS use the VC engine with SA features.
Heres VCS on the VC engine btw: (I think we need a new timecyc)

gviS2wA.jpg
sIhcbTP.jpg
4l9cE7R.jpg
EDIT: I take my statement completely back. After playing more VCS, IDK how you could say VCS PC for SA doesn't feel like VCS. LCS still looks and feels like the VC engine. I will not do any VCS on VC

Edited by sharpie_eastern
  • Like 1

i dont give a sh*t about other people's mods, im not a nerd, i have a life.

Ash_735

i dont give a sh*t about other people's mods, im not a nerd, i have a life.

I'm quoting this before you change it, that's going to be a popular quote round here.

• Like 7
Ash_735

if you think that i give a f*ck about that, really you dont know me at all.

And yet when someone says something slightly negative about your mods, you fly off the handle like a kid. :p

Calm down dude, why the hell are you so serious? If you don't give a sh*t about other peoples mods why are you even here?

• Like 5

I only play gta3, and its only for testing the mod for like 1 or 2 minutes. I dont play games, and i dont want to get in to it. Im not here to support anybody, im only here because people wants to see some progress with the mod. if they dont, then i wont. its that simple.

SaL_Leone

There's no doubt that LCS and VCS use the VC engine with SA features.

Heres VCS on the VC engine btw: (I think we need a new timecyc)

gviS2wA.jpg

sIhcbTP.jpg

4l9cE7R.jpg

EDIT: I take my statement completely back. After playing more VCS, IDK how you could say VCS PC for SA doesn't feel like VCS. LCS still looks and feels like the VC engine

Where are cars and peds?Did you moved Vcs city over original VC to have good paths and right radar position? Edited by SaL_Leone
sharpie_eastern

I only play gta3, and its only for testing the mod for like 1 or 2 minutes. I dont play games, and i dont want to get in to it. Im not here to support anybody, im only here because people wants to see some progress with the mod. if they dont, then i wont. its that simple.

Attempting to justify that he 'has a life'.

• Like 4

you can continue to waste your time with looking for meanings behind my words, but im out of here after beta4 release. do whatever you want, say what ever you want. i really really dont give a f*ck.