Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,209 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Shaundi.

Two important items that are missing in GTA Online.

Shaundi.

Javelin SAM with lock on capabilities.

javelin_missile_US-Army_001.jpg

Who hates being shot down by AI & player controlled Lazers & player controlled Buzzards?

C-17_Globemaster_flare.jpg

CH-53D_Sea_Stallion_spewing_flares.jpg

Thoughts?

TeammateAssist

"Two"?

ugotsmoked

GTA-V-Minigun.pngWorks for me.

Sir Michael

Not to be a bearer of technicalities, but the Javelin is an anti-tank missile launcher. It isn't built for anti-air; however, the Brits have a SAM that happens to be named the Javelin, but it's not the same weapon.

&& the flares should have been included in the first place... since most people use missiles, it would be a flare-spam. Except the few of us that use the guns.

Edited by SirMichaelRocks23

Shaundi.

Not to be a bearer of technicalities, but the Javelin is an anti-tank missile launcher. It isn't built for anti-air; however, the Brits have a SAM that happens to be named the Javelin, but it's not the same weapon.&& the flares should have been included in the first place... since most people use missiles, it would be a flare-spam. Except the few of us that use the guns.

Well, I guess we could use the Javelin against a tank, if it locks on, if not, I'm fine with that too, at least we destroy a tank in one shot.

Rockstar's mistake was not adding flares. However, flares will be useless if locked on with a Javelin lol.

Mini gun is only useful for close-mid range targets & isn't powerful on sturdy vehicles,sas seen in the Paleto Heist, Trevor shooting the landing Cargobob with the mini gun took almost 17 seconds.

Biohazard Abyss

Destroy a tank in one shot? Nah, that's too easy.

We should have a weapon that can take down lazers though. The minigun makes Buzzards into swiss cheese but the only think that works against a Lazer is the Heavy Sniper.

ugotsmoked

Not to be a bearer of technicalities, but the Javelin is an anti-tank missile launcher. It isn't built for anti-air; however, the Brits have a SAM that happens to be named the Javelin, but it's not the same weapon.&& the flares should have been included in the first place... since most people use missiles, it would be a flare-spam. Except the few of us that use the guns.

Well, I guess we could use the Javelin against a tank, if it locks on, if not, I'm fine with that too, at least we destroy a tank in one shot.

Rockstar's mistake was not adding flares. However, flares will be useless if locked on with a Javelin lol.

Mini gun is only useful for close-mid range targets & isn't powerful on sturdy vehicles,sas seen in the Paleto Heist, Trevor shooting the landing Cargobob with the mini gun took almost 17 seconds.

Cargobobs dont scare me.

SBMonty

Oh and here I was thinking you were going to wish for an all male strip club.

Sir Michael

The anti-air weapons you both want would be either the Stinger, or the Strela-2. Both are Anti-air, and would be the perfect counter for the Lazer.

I know there are more portable SAM launchers, but those are two that I can name off the top of my head.

Stinger. I used this a lot in MGS2, MW2 and MW3.
Stinger.jpg

Strela-2. This was actually the missile launcher in San Andreas.
SA-7_Grail_9K32_strela-2_manpads_portabl

SFBryan18

The aircraft are already pretty difficult to aim with. I don't think these are necessary. Use a minigun or sniper rifle.

Edited by SFBryan18

Coin

Javelin (for anti-tank) and Stinger (Anti-air). Would need counter measures (at least for air) though.

I would prefer the addition of a Hunter first and foremost though. f*ck the Buzzard.

Shaundi.

Destroy a tank in one shot? Nah, that's too easy.

Well, at least we would get to see tank drivers rage quit after 4 deaths ;)

ugotsmoked

2 words...proximity mines.

Shaundi.

Javelin (for anti-tank) and Stinger (Anti-air). Would need counter measures (at least for air) though.

I would prefer the addition of a Hunter first and foremost though. f*ck the Buzzard.

Aww yiss. How powerful is a Javelin irl? Two shot kill? As for the Stinger, I'd imagine the plane gets hit & catches on fire & you'll have to eject. Or does the plane explode instantly. If you're aiming a Stinger at a Titan or Luxor I think it'll damage the plane making it nose dive meaning you also have to eject.

Edit: yeah, the Buzzard is too easy to shoot down with an Advanced Rifle, Heavy Sniper & Combat MG. It's like paper lol. Smokes right after.

Edited by ZeusMowat_278

godziller

Proximity mines would rule.

Coin

Aww yiss. How powerful is a Javelin irl? Two shot kill? As for the Stinger, I'd imagine the plane gets hit & catches on fire & you'll have to eject. Or does the plane explode instantly. If you're aiming a Stinger at a Titan or Luxor I think it'll damage the plane making it nose dive meaning you also have to eject.

Edit: yeah, the Buzzard is too easy to shoot down with an Advanced Rifle, Heavy Sniper & Combat MG. It's like paper lol. Smokes right after.

Javelin can potentially destroy a tank one hit. As for aircraft, ideally you should have the opportunity to eject after taking a hit in some cases instead of just straight blowing up.

hornedturtle

most anti-tank missiles carry f*ck all explosives. They are designed to penetrate the armor and kill the crew with minimal collateral damage.

Anti-air missiles are designed to go extremely fast, and are basically designed to hit the back of the plane causing it to explode or crash.

Jolly Swagman

Javelin SAM with lock on capabilities.

javelin_missile_US-Army_001.jpg

Who hates being shot down by AI & player controlled Lazers & player controlled Buzzards?

C-17_Globemaster_flare.jpg

CH-53D_Sea_Stallion_spewing_flares.jpg

Thoughts?

Didnt you make the exact same post in the items, clothes and weapons you wish were in GTA online thread an hour ago? http://gtaforums.com/topic/676519-post-clothesitemsweapons-you-wish-were-in-gta-online/

Not sure why you couldn't just keep discussing your idea in that thread instead of starting another

Edited by Jolly SWAGman

TeammateAssist

Yeah, I can see myself getting killed in my Mallard mid-barrel roll, though.

MajorWhytey

Go play battlefield or some other military game. Ffs, this is grand theft auto

saintsrow

I think we need selectable lock-on for all missile-launching platforms, so we can choose our targets. And every overpowered platform needs a standard countermeasure (not a glitch or exploit like tank sniping).

Two solutions for GTA0 tanks:

"Check out the new Patriot mod from LSC"

"Tank Wank BBQ"

More generally, since the door has already been opened for military weapons, let's just go all the way and petition Rockstar to add all the weapons and platforms from BF4 and COD into GTA0. Think what they could charge for these !!! :p

I tried to resist:

Two important items that are missing in GTA Online.

1. Common

2. Sense

or

1. Logic

2. Balance

Edited by saintsrow

Sir Michael

Tell that to CJ.

Heat-seeking missile.

Heat-Seeking_Rocket_Launcher_Airport_SF.

That white dot is a flare. Lol

ss_cluster.jpg

CHIEFSTA

That plane is so sick! I saw one on YouTube.

The stealth bomber would be epic in GTAV but I'm sure that'd be way overpowered.

ten-a-penny

if you REALLY want to stay alive.....then you need either one:

cyberdemon.jpg

Spider.png

the Cyber is one-missile-kill. the Spider has a minigun....needless I say more? :pp

sarcasm mode off

really we need those: (will be on spoiler to make the post smaller)

b-52-bomber.jpg

The%20B-52%20Bomber.jpg

or yet better......REMOVE THEM FROM FREEMODE!

Edited by ten-a-penny

ChillerVapes

AI controlled lazer already uses flares so why can't we?

ten-a-penny

^

really? I never saw those in SP :/

Shaundi.

That plane is so sick! I saw one on YouTube.The stealth bomber would be epic in GTAV but I'm sure that'd be way overpowered.

Which? The Boeing C17 that I pictured? Or the Hydra someone else posted lol.

Hahaha, I'd imagine something something like an F22 Raptor or B-2 Spirit in the game & when you fly it, your blip is hidden. ;) shame there isn't plane like a B-2 Spirit in the game :( It looks sick irl!

Edit: oh I know what you mean now lol that military green Boeing 767 (?) with missiles lol

Edited by ZeusMowat_278

Shaundi.

Hmm, yeah, I wonder why there's tanks in Grand Theft Auto. Hmm, I wonder why we can't use flares in Lazers we steal so we can't get shot down. I wonder why we can't modify our purchased Annihilator or Buzzards to have flares..

You go play BF.

gukklleb_911nn

Maybe an ac-130? And I know what some of you are thinking but the Titan is not an ac-130, it's a c-130. Anyways, the ac-130 is armed with ANTI-TANK weapons. See where I'm going? I already kill tank noobs with the Lazer but the ac-130 would be so much fun, as long as they make it nearly impossible to get to avoid spawn killing.

ChillerVapes

^

really? I never saw those in SP :/

Not sure about sp but mp it happens every time I try take the bastard down just before I realise that I'm going faster than he is and get shot down when I over take him.