2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
DeafMetal

Devin Weston vs Steve Haines

Who would win in a fight?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Steve Haines - easily
    • Steve Haines - barely
    • Devin Weston - easily
    • Devin Weston - barely
    • They stalemate/tie
  2. 2. Who would win in a fistfight without help from their private armies?

• Steve Haines - easily
    • Steve Haines - barely
    • Devin Weston - barely
    • Devin Weston - easily
    • They punch each other at the same time, the screen pauses and turns into a portrait, and Eye of the Tiger plays

DeafMetal

POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Thought we could take a break from sh*t-slinging each other over a game and sh*t-sling each other over fictional battles.

These two are two main aintagonists of GTA V. They seem to be pretty even with their resources seeing as when choosing ending A, Haines will have Weston back off but when choosing ending B, Weston will get Haines to back off. So it's safe to say that both have a formidable amount of power to their name.

In the red corner:

DevinWeston-GTA5.png

Devin Weston. Stock investor, billionaire, asshole.

Private army: Merryweather

In the blue corner:

SteveHaines-GTA5.png

Steve Haines. High-ranking FIB agent, big-time show host, asshole.

Private army: FIB

So, with their resources in mind, who do you think would win in an all-out war?

Edited by DeafMetal

Emperor Zero

Lol you put Devin Weston twice.

DeafMetal

Lol you put Devin Weston twice.

Did I? lol sh*t. brb, googling.

Edit: No, it's right lol

Edit #2: oh I see where you meant. Fixed.

Edited by DeafMetal

Jimbatron

I think you'd have to say Haines would win - based on the Weston cowering in the box in the C ending when Trevor arrives at his mansion. Haines (whilst a complete git) did actually do some grunt work himself in Monkey Business and was willing to shoot himself in the leg as a cover story.

Detective Phelps

Weston would win 1 on 1, but the FIB would kick merryweather's ass in a group fight.

razorsharkhead

i don't know. this game's characters were so forgettable i forgot what these guys did.

Charles Phipps

Steve Haines is a much more memorable villain and obviously more psychotic and evil.

Oddly, though, he's willing to kiss up to Westin.

Which is annoying.

Captain Arthur

Steve would win without a doubt. After replaying the story, I found out that Haines was a hero and truly wanted to save his country. I mean, think about it, he shoots himself in the leg just so he could steal that chemical which the IAA were going to use to kill tons of people.

Weston, however, is a selfish prick who only thinks about himself and his own benefits. And, he is old. (51 years old, fu*ker would pass out from just one punch)

That's the way video game characters work, the hero kicks the villian's a**. So, Steve kicks the crap outta Devin. (Also because, he isn't old, unlike Devin :D)

Detective Phelps

i don't know. this game's characters were so forgettable i forgot what these guys did.

Yeah, sure you forgot them. :p

@Gta v fan 101 Weston is skilled in martial arts. So he would kick Haines' ass. But if Haines and Weston got backup, Haines would win

Charles Phipps

I think Steve should have been planning to sell the chemical weapon.

Captain Arthur

Yeah, sure you forgot them. :p

@Gta v fan 101 Weston is skilled in martial arts. So he would kick Haines' ass. But if Haines and Weston got backup, Haines would win

Martial arts? Pah! He's probably joking. A guy that old can't be skilled in martial arts.

Jimbatron

The real big bad was arguably Don Percival - although he's never on screen he's basically responsible for sending the hoards of mercenaries after our protagonists. If you pick C you'll get an email from him at the end of the game.

I have a hunch we'll get to meet him in a future DLC. If it is set after the big score, he's probably the one character who could have the muscle to force our Michael, Franklin and Trevor out of retirement.

El Zodape

Wei Cheng and Stretch beat the living sh*t out of these guys.

OT: Haines wins. The guy can handle a gun, while Weston only handles his iFruit, and I guess the FIB kicks Merryweather's ass.

StJimmy

When I first saw Haines I was mildly imitated, when I saw Weston I though he was a joke character, I didn't even think he would be an antagonist

Cutter De Blanc

As far as I know Devin Weston has no combat experience. Steve may be a putz, but he's an FIB trained putz.

DeafMetal

@Gta v fan 101

I'm not sure I feel that Steve was a hero. He was really shady. As far as we know, he could have stolen the chemicals and planned to use it for the FIB for them to get the funding. Nothing about him that seemed trustworthy.

Edited by DeafMetal

Charles Phipps

@Gta v fan 101

I'm not sure I feel that Steve was a hero. He was really shady. As far as we know, he could have stolen the chemicals and planned to use it for the FIB for them to get the funding. Nothing about him that seemed trustworthy.

I was really surprised Steve Haines was apparently on the level about the IAA planning an attack on US soil. I was sure it would turn out to be a delusion of his or some cover for criminal activity.

TheSpectre

I hate Devin Weston with his uppity, "better-than-you" attitude. I actually thought Haines was funny at times and I would have preferred that he had been the only antagonist.

Shah Sam

The real big bad was arguably Don Percival - although he's never on screen he's basically responsible for sending the hoards of mercenaries after our protagonists.

Haven't really thought about this. He's probably the person who has tried to kill Mike, Trev and Frank the most amount of times.

killahmatic

All I have to say is I wish R* would've focused on Devin Weston as the sole antagonist. Because they focused on so many antagonists, some we didn't even know were antagonists, the story lost its chance to create on hell of a war between the protags and Weston's army.

I really don't see much value in Haines as an antagonist. As easy as it was to kill him he could've been taken care of right away

DeafMetal

All I have to say is I wish R* would've focused on Devin Weston as the sole antagonist. Because they focused on so many antagonists, some we didn't even know were antagonists, the story lost its chance to create on hell of a war between the protags and Weston's army.

I really don't see much value in Haines as an antagonist. As easy as it was to kill him he could've been taken care of right away

Agreed 100% At most, they should have focused on these two more. The addition of Stretch and the Chinese guy without having them actually in a good amount of missions was just stupid. They should have made the story longer if they wanted to have that many antagonists. It just felt like a cheap way to have primary antagonists for Frank and Trev, because Weston and Haines are mostly Mike's bad guys.

Edited by DeafMetal

LancerG2

Weston would win 1 on 1, but the FIB would kick merryweather's ass in a group fight.

Are you sure about that, Merry Weather are a bunch of Mercenaries. A mercenary can be made of ex-army or fresh recruits or a militia or some sh*t, basically compare military training to police/swat training and the FIB would get their asses handed to them.

Not to mention Merry Weather has the Little Bird helicopter (missiles and miniguns) and off-road jeeps. Compare that to SUV's and cop cars and a helicopter with no guns at all.

Edited by LancerG2

Captain Arthur

@Gta v fan 101

Yeah, that might be possible. But he still shot himself. :D

Doland J. Trump

Devin by far. I'm still pissed about what happens.

MeGusta90

If, and only IF Devin is a rich as he says he is, he could buy the FIB/IAA, and make Steve Haines his personal bitch.

If Devin is a fake poser who actually has no money, Haines would win.

Charles Phipps

If, and only IF Devin is a rich as he says he is, he could buy the FIB/IAA, and make Steve Haines his personal bitch.

If Devin is a fake poser who actually has no money, Haines would win.

I love how Michael says no one wants to die for him because he doesn't even pay his mercs well.

Mightymomo22

Oh would would win in a fist fight Michael or Devin??

I'm Curious.

Oh would would win in a fist fight Michael or Devin??

I'm Curious.

Dude... That's like asking if you take a piss or not.

Edit: Michael would win. He is based on being good with his fighting skills, Trevor gun skills and Franklin driving skills.

Devin would crush Steve's army due to being a billionaire (Steve has no money which is why you do the score for funds in the sticks) and with money Devin has power. Steve being a FIB which is straight forward skills for combat would smash/kill Devin in a one on one fist fight or gun fun.

Edited by Syphiroth

wiizardii

Steve would, he has a dangerous side to him. He would f*ck Devin up badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Phoenix_Shit

lol232

Steve Haines, he's actually an interesting character, I liked him. :lol: