Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,707 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

SNES

If you've been affected by the permanent car loss read here

Question

SNES

The user Undertaker13 is reporting that it is working after patch 1.15

@M3mn0ch_1987 suggested this update to the post to make the method more clear:

Before we start: Your car still needs to be showing as destroyed in your list of vehicles when you call your mechanic.

So the steps are as follows.

1. Regardless of if you are already outside of your garage in a car go back into your garage and select a car to destroy (this would be best if it was the cheapest one that you have but I wouldn't recommend a bike as these can be delivered to you too fast to complete the glitch)

2. Take this car far enough away from your garage to be eligible for a delivery from your mechanic. (I live in the 205k Apartment so I do this at the life invader building). Destroy the car (You can kill yourself at the same time so as not to attain a wanted level / call Lester to get rid of the wanted level).

3. Go to the closest wall and face it so your back is to the road. Go to your phone book and call Mors Mutual. As soon as you press X / A to confirm that you want to call them continue to spam X / A until the call has ended (try spamming it as fast as possible)

4. As soon as Mors have hung up press and keep hold of Select / Back until the quick action menu pops up and scroll up / down until you get to Request Personal Vehicle.

5. *IMPORTANT* Only press request personal vehicle once and leave the quick select menu open until the car has arrived.

Please note - You do NOT need to call your mechanic throughout this whole procedure. I have a feeling that people are calling their mechanic rather than using the request personal vehicle option in the quick menu.

The car that gets delivered should be a COPY of the car that is being listed as "Destroyed" in your mechanic's list. If this fails (which it has always worked first time for me) then you will need to repeat the process until you are successful.

Please note - The copy car that gets delivered to you will have NO insurance so either get your backside to LSC as quickly as possible or do this in a invite only lobby.

Peace out.

---

The original post is below.

I figured out how to get permanently destroyed cars back.

1. Destroy another car from your garage

2. Call Mors Mutual Insurance

3. As you are calling them spam 'a' Xbox 360 or 'x' for Ps3

4. Request personal vehicle

5. Then just recall MMI and get your other car back

Edited by SNES

J_L_K_64

not working for me, someone blew my PV up that i know for a fact was insured and it just sits listed as destroyed.

This does not work. Idk if it is the new update or what, because I have tried it 3 times.

it does work, but you have to have a few parameters correct

first off, do not be too close to your garage/house, or too close to the mmi place where your vehicle would come from

secondly timing is pretty important, as soon as you hit call mmi, start repeatedly pressing x(ps3)/a(360) then right after it says that it's at the place, press and hold select(ps3)/back(360) and at the bottom, retrieve vehicle

if you press select/back more than once it will not work, you have to press it ONCE and hold it RIGHT after you get the message about your vehicle being at mmi hq

most importantly you have to be on/extremely close to a decent paved road for the mechanic

usefulidiot01

Does not work. Someone got a video doing this?

elless777

Thanks OP and

J_L_K_64.

got my bati back. Nice one.

gear999

The title reminds me of those law firm commercials that say if you've been affected by fraud call this number...

Edited by gear999

BrownMattHall

this sh*t DOESNT WORK. now instead of having my scwartzer hopelessly screwed, ive lost my coquette to this stupid crap too.

Daemian

this sh*t DOESNT WORK. now instead of having my scwartzer hopelessly screwed, ive lost my coquette to this stupid crap too.

For me it worked pretty good, but how did you lose your Coquette ? Did the coquette was insured or you were affected again by this bug ?

BrownMattHall

For me it worked pretty good, but how did you lose your Coquette ? Did the coquette was insured or you were affected again by this bug ?

my insured coquette is stuck in limbo with the car i was trying to retrieve.

dubstheshiz

I've tried a dozen times to get my infernus back and no matter what I do it just wouldn't work until I tried calling already in a vehicle. My mechanic rolled up in the infernus instead of the car I had just destroyed. Thanks for the post.

ham_hands

Worked for me, thanks OP, got my sabre turbo back first try!

GEARHRT

works!

for anyone who needs clearer instruction..

- destroy another PV (not a moto)

- call MMI...

- as you are calling, spam a/x (whether you are supposed to pay for & retrieve the recently destroyed vehicle or not i'm not sure- i DID pay the insurance which left a PV at the MMI building ((and this worked))) then...

- go to Inventory menu and 'Request Personal Vehicle'

my limboed lambo came back from the depths.

thanks.

Iceman918

Did this not work for me because I didn't lose the car in slot #1.... I have now lost Sentinel Convertible 3 times (Slot #1), Tailgater once (Front right), and now my 9F (Back right)!

The OP advice gets me the car from slot 1 delivered, which I don't need.

Herne

I had this issue, lost a Cheetah weeks ago which was in position 1. I since accidentally replaced it by driving a landstalker in, then decided as I'd done that I might as well buy a Bati which went into position 1.

Last night I checked my Bati and found it was uninsured so took it to LSC to re-insure.

Later on I found this thread so took another vehicle, destroyed it and tried this trick. My Bati, despite not being destroyed or being my last active vehicle was delivered. I guess I've over-written my Cheetah for good now.

Two days ago I put in a second ticket on R* support and have finally received a very detailed response asking for certain details and have replied with even more detail, including this thread (apologies if they block the method because of me).

TL;DR: It sounds like they're maybe getting on to this now. Fingers crossed!

Sned

Okay so I had a vehicle that showed up as destroyed but didn't show up with MMI to make a claim. I've had the vehicle for a while, it's not the first time it was destroyed and repaired but this last time, I has just moved to a new apartment. I committed suicide with a grenade to end a mission and i was close enough to my car that it took it out too. As the "failed" coming on I saw a message about my car not being insured (I couldn't read it all because the mission was ending). Soooo yea. Apparently the car has uninsured itself and now it's not in either the mechanic menu or MMI. Will this trick work? Or do you guys think I'm dealing with a different bug?

paulmgrath

Exactly same as guy above i drove my primo into a gas cylinder for lols, i wasnt laughing when i got that message though!

diggernicks

Some clown (literally) just blew up my adder and it says it was not insured but it was! It had been destroyed and a claim filed many times! I tried this method a few times but it wont work, what do I do?

gear999

Some clown (literally) just blew up my adder and it says it was not insured but it was! It had been destroyed and a claim filed many times! I tried this method a few times but it wont work, what do I do?

Off topic but, your username...

I see what you did...

paulmgrath

Did it, it works ! car 4 had destroyed glitch took out car 9 it worked. Thanks!

ALL HAIL OP

RossCA

I'm glad its working for a lot of you, but it won't work for me and I've closely fallowed everyone's tips in this thread.

Fleabass1

IT WORKS!!!

My Elegy has been missing for days & I just got it back.

The first time i tried it didn't work (forgot to spam the button)

The next time I called MMI I just kept spamming the button to get the destroyed vehicle back, then I held select down

and once the menu popped up I tapped UP on the directional pad 5x to get to request vehicle and then hit the button to request it and my

mechanic brang my Elegy back! (of course he had to go on a detour around the block first for some crazy reason......)

Edited by Fleabass1

MKYR

I think this only works for slot 1 cars. I blew up a car, spammed X, said i paid 1125 (the sabre i blew up is 187).I hit request and it brings me my slot one car, which is a Baller that wasn't even destroyed but yet i payed for insurance for it.

paulmgrath

Op deserves a award!

Edited by paulmgrath

FLTroopaNinja

MMI still doesnt pick up the phone could some please explain this method in depth

_Tacts

Didn't work for me (of course). Did everything mentioned in the OP about 4 times, but 'destroyed' Buffalo never appeared... :(

DeMeNs

Worked for me holding X (PS3) just after pressing to call MMI.

BandF

Thanks to OP worked a treat. Stole a random car and drove about 6 blocks from garage, called mechanic and got one of my vehicles delivered then sticky bombed that. Called MMI and kept pressing X and I heard nothing but had the message saying Car is at depot, didn't know if it was for lost car or car just destroyed so called MMI again normally and they answered and my car that I Sticky Bombed was there and I paid and that went to my garage. Stole a random and drove to MMI and there was my lost Car Happy Days :lol:

og667

OP, you are a LEGEND! This worked perfectly for me. I gave up on Rockstar Support a week ago. Many thanks!

sSphInXx

YES GOT IT!!!

Thanks man!

It seems to be every car in that number one spot in the garage wtf

Also, make sure to buy insurance for the vehicle if it hasn't got it. Mine was showing uninsured after I got it delivered.

Edited by sSphInXx

Ayylien

How much is the Z-Type to re-insure?

Mine lost it's insurance, but I never lost the car thankfully.

Nugsy

works!

for anyone who needs clearer instruction..

- destroy another PV (not a moto)

- call MMI...

- as you are calling, spam a/x (whether you are supposed to pay for & retrieve the recently destroyed vehicle or not i'm not sure- i DID pay the insurance which left a PV at the MMI building ((and this worked))) then...

- go to Inventory menu and 'Request Personal Vehicle'

my limboed lambo came back from the depths.

thanks.

Wow! Thanks for that, obviously thanks to OP too.

It DOES work. My advice is to go into a private session for this, else you could be driving a million dollar car to pay n spray without insurance. It will be uninsured, don't forget that final step.

Spyrothedragon9972

This didn't work for me.