Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

SonOfLiberty

Cool Things You Didn't Know About GTA IV

Recommended Posts

SonOfLiberty
2 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

V peds are just so annoying. Going back to playing V recently I never noticed before just how annoying it is to constantly hear people around you freaking out (screaming, running, threatening to call police etc) for literally no reason when I'm just walking down the street or standing there. I get that they wanted to have some "vapid L.A." type peds but it's way over done. A bunch of scared pussies and fools starting fights because you said hello to them and barely any to be found who aren't airheads. It creates a horrible atmosphere. IV peds are varied, entertaining, have more character and behave in realistic and complex ways, endless fun to be had with them.

It's a shame because GTA V's peds do, do things that make them feel "alive", but yeah. It's always been a nuisance how sensitive they are and it's something that was sadly carried over into RDR2.

 

I like in GTA IV I can walk passed a cop and get a snarky remark without worrying about being caned or I can be standing next to someone just minding my business. Speaking of cops and I'm sure I said this a long time back, but cops can even purchase from the newsstand for anyone not aware. Not just regular peds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eugene H. Krabs
Posted (edited)

This is probably a corny theory since you can go there before Gerry's arrest, but I just barely realized: I think one reason why Niko never receives a 3 star wanted level whenever he goes inside the Alderney prison, is because Gerry put him on the visitor's list

Edited by Eugene H. Krabs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49

Probably most people know already, but as long as Niko/Johnny/Luis (or any other NPC, which can be noticed on NOOSE soldiers and FIB agents) are wearing an armor vest, their bodies won't bleed when they get shot (obviously not including the arms, legs and head). It looks as if a solid object was shot, with a little smoke effect instead of blood.

 

A small, but cool detail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
8 hours ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Probably most people know already, but as long as Niko/Johnny/Luis (or any other NPC, which can be noticed on NOOSE soldiers and FIB agents) are wearing an armor vest, their bodies won't bleed when they get shot (obviously not including the arms, legs and head). It looks as if a solid object was shot, with a little smoke effect instead of blood.

 

A small, but cool detail.

Never noticed this at all! Now I'm just wondering if it's the same in V or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
On 6/30/2019 at 1:55 PM, Jeansowaty said:

It's been made this way to show reality - Los Angeles sucks compared to New York 😛

Well at least we don't get lost in a maze of tall ass buildings. New York is for depressed people. West Coast baby 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeansowaty
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Well at least we don't get lost in a maze of tall ass buildings. New York is for depressed people. West Coast baby 😛

As a depressed person, I can kinda confirm it's true ;P 

 

EDIT:

17 hours ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Probably most people know already, but as long as Niko/Johnny/Luis (or any other NPC, which can be noticed on NOOSE soldiers and FIB agents) are wearing an armor vest, their bodies won't bleed when they get shot (obviously not including the arms, legs and head). It looks as if a solid object was shot, with a little smoke effect instead of blood.

 

A small, but cool detail.

This kinda correlates with the cut feature of actually seeing the body armor while wearing it. Perhaps they cut it because they didn't have any idea on how to make it disappear when you lose it.

Edited by Jeansowaty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
2 hours ago, Jeansowaty said:

As a depressed person, I can kinda confirm it's true 😜

 

EDIT:

This kinda correlates with the cut feature of actually seeing the body armor while wearing it. Perhaps they cut it because they didn't have any idea on how to make it disappear when you lose it.

It would've been really cool if they wore it and then like, shrugged it off on to the ground when it was shot full of holes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GKZ

Niko can live close to 2 other protagonists (Huang Lee and Luis Lopez) by choosing to kill Playboy X. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boozey St John
On 7/4/2019 at 5:09 AM, TheSantader25 said:

Well at least we don't get lost in a maze of tall ass buildings. New York is for depressed people. West Coast baby 😛

You'd be depressed too if the light at the end of the tunnel is New Jersey. 

 

 

I'm kidding- but as a depressed New Yorker- GTA IV does a great job creating the atmosphere and feeling of NYC.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)

This should've been obvious to me since in most missions and random encounters there's a second, different dialogue during the car journey if you fail and replay it, and I have a habit of making sure I hear them all. But somehow I overlooked my favourite random encounter of all, Eddie Low! I guess you're not likely to fail by accident just giving him a lift, and also it isn't in the youtube videos I've seen that have "all" Eddie Low's content, but he does indeed have a second set of creepy dialogues when you drive him to the port and then on to Westminster. I always wished for more Eddie Low so this was a nice little gem to find.

 

Also I have already known this for a while but during that first encounter Eddie is armed with a knife. Since like most characters you travel with he'll step in and defend you if you get in a fight, this means you can take him on a stabbing spree if you want. I took him to the firehouse near where he gets dropped off in Westminster and had him stabbing the firefighters, in the end they won and that's how I heard the second dialogues.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty

After I completed "Do You Have Protection?" I noticed out front of Faustin's home there looked like a maintenance worker working on the power pole out front with a tool bag draped over his shoulder and a wrench in his hand. I don't know if this is a random occurrence, but I've never seen a ped like that before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Corndawg93

One thing I didn't know Is that you can go the entire game without doing the PBX/Dwayne set of missions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KGBeast

This is something I've always liked and have never seen discussed.

 

One of the subtler ways you can tell something is off about Michelle is that she drives a Merit. The Merit was introduced in SA and the only time it was ever used or referred to in the story was as the car driven by the DA CJ sets up for Tenpenny in SF. Michelle driving that car immediately screamed 'law enforcement' to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eugene H. Krabs
On 7/14/2019 at 6:33 AM, GKZ said:

Niko can live close to 2 other protagonists (Huang Lee and Luis Lopez) by choosing to kill Playboy X. 

He also lives close to Huang's Lancaster and South Bohan safehouses

 

On 7/15/2019 at 11:46 PM, Corndawg93 said:

One thing I didn't know Is that you can go the entire game without doing the PBX/Dwayne set of missions

Deconstruction for Beginners and Photo Shoot are mandatory, but yeah this is true. You can also go the entire game without doing Out of the Closet (the second part anyway) and No. 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOriginalGunslinger
Posted (edited)

Crazy that the bodyguard with Faustin earlier on in the game is the same guy whose gun goes off during the struggle between him and Niko killing Roman (if you chose Deal) during the cutscene for Mr. & Mrs. Bellic.

 

We know this guy ends up being with Dimitri eventually. Question is I wonder how that came to be? Perhaps Dimitri gave him money and got into his mind as well about working for Faustin.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49
7 hours ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:

We know this guy ends up being with Dimitri eventually. Question is I wonder how that came to be? Perhaps Dimitri gave him money and got into his mind as well about working for Faustin.

Mightn't be too hard, especially since Dimitri is powerful enough as Mikhail's right-hand man, and well, he'll pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
Posted (edited)

NPCs sometimes throw litter out of their car. (you can pick these up). In my case, I threw it back at their face. Never noticed this before. Pretty damn cool. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8

Noticed that there's quite a lot of detail to peds' behaviour when they're using the coin operated binoculars around the city. I always thought they were just looking through them but actually they sometimes point/gesture towards what they're looking at, and will stop and put another coin in every so often. I love observing ped behaviour in this game, it's insanely well detailed.

 

Also noticed sometimes you can get away with shoving or hitting another customer in a strip club once. Instead of going straight to telling you to leave and chasing/fighting you the bouncer will just walk over and be like "I have my eye on you", and only take further action if you do something again.

 

When you knock people over a ledge (eg on that road with a drop off at the side in Rotterdam Hill where you can walk into people and make them fall off), sometimes they will hang on to the edge for a second before losing their grip and falling.

 

 

47 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

NPCs sometimes throw litter out of their car. (you can pick these up). In my case, I threw it back at their face. Never noticed this before. Pretty damn cool. 

Cab drivers even do it while they're driving you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
15 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

NPCs sometimes throw litter out of their car. (you can pick these up). In my case, I threw it back at their face. Never noticed this before. Pretty damn cool. 

LJ will do it too with one of his joints and throw it out the window.

 

But yeah it's already cool detail that gives the game a "living and breathing" feel.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
5 minutes ago, SonOfLiberty said:

LJ will do it too with one of his joints and throw it out the window.

 

But yeah it's already cool detail that gives the game a "living and breathing" feel.:)

Also when LJ smokes in the car if a window is broken you can see smoke coming out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
2 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Also when LJ smokes in the car if a window is broken you can see smoke coming out

 

 

It always reminds me of this from Scary Movie lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eugene H. Krabs

So...I just learned this today:

 

Brucie's helicopter ability will still work when you have a wanted level, unlike every other of the friends' special abilities. And it doesn't matter how many stars you have, he will still be able to pick you up in his chopper like normal. You won't escape the search radius but it still feels badass having him pick you up in a chopper during an intense cop shootout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
1 hour ago, Eugene H. Krabs said:

So...I just learned this today:

 

Brucie's helicopter ability will still work when you have a wanted level, unlike every other of the friends' special abilities. And it doesn't matter how many stars you have, he will still be able to pick you up in his chopper like normal. You won't escape the search radius but it still feels badass having him pick you up in a chopper during an intense cop shootout.

Can also use it during missions. The one where I've found it useful is Museum Piece. You call him to pick you up after you've cleaned out the museum (although you have to make sure you do it from the north end of the museum, if you do it from the south end/near the exit he'll arrive at the wrong location) and then when you leave the museum and those cars are chasing you just pop over to Brucie's chopper nearby in the park, and as he flies you away the cars go and you complete the mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty

Hmmm. I've never personally found much use for Brucie's perk, but good suggestions fellas. Will try.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
santosvagos

Sometimes when you point your gun at gang members such as Russians , Italian mafia.... , they will put their hands up but when you blast them in the face while they're doing so , they will pull out their weapons and you just trigger a gang shoot out 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, santosvagos said:

Sometimes when you point your gun at gang members such as Russians , Italian mafia.... , they will put their hands up but when you blast them in the face while they're doing so , they will pull out their weapons and you just trigger a gang shoot out 😃

Sometimes even before you blast them in the face if you're unlucky :lol:. After the discussion about gangs on here I was messing around in Hove Beach and pointed my pistol at a Russian guy who put his hands up and ran away, a nearby gang member wasn't happy about it and started blasting me with a shotgun (luckily a police car was passing and I hid behind it with the cops while they took care of it for me). Another time I was attempting to steal a guy's car by pointing a gun at him through the windscreen, turned out he was a Russian gang member and he simply got out and started shooting me and then all his friends joined in. Gang areas can definitely get dangerous quickly!

 

I found out a while ago that those small red fuel containers (mini/portable propane tanks I think) that explode if you shoot or run over them or set them on fire will also explode if you kick them a few times (got the idea to try it from V where they'll explode if you kick them once). Well today I found out (at the cost of Niko's life) that you can also get them to explode by throwing bricks at them.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
santosvagos
8 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Sometimes even before you blast them in the face if you're unlucky :lol:. After the discussion about gangs on here I was messing around in Hove Beach and pointed my pistol at a Russian guy who put his hands up and ran away, a nearby gang member wasn't happy about it and started blasting me with a shotgun (luckily a police car was passing and I hid behind it with the cops while they took care of it for me). Another time I was attempting to steal a guy's car by pointing a gun at him through the windscreen, turned out he was a Russian gang member and he simply got out and started shooting me and then all his friends joined in. Gang areas can definitely get dangerous quickly!

 

I found out a while ago that those small red fuel containers (mini/portable propane tanks I think) that explode if you shoot or run over them or set them on fire will also explode if you kick them a few times (got the idea to try it from V where they'll explode if you kick them once). Well today I found out (at the cost of Niko's life) that you can also get them to explode by throwing bricks at them.

I just found out that after you finished Hostile Negotiation , the Russians will be equiped with AK . They almost blew my ass off . You're right , things might get ugly in gang turfs and if you're lucky , you will have Frankie's boys covered your ass :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
On 7/29/2019 at 3:11 PM, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

 

 

I found out a while ago that those small red fuel containers (mini/portable propane tanks I think) that explode if you shoot or run over them or set them on fire will also explode if you kick them a few times (got the idea to try it from V where they'll explode if you kick them once). Well today I found out (at the cost of Niko's life) that you can also get them to explode by throwing bricks at them.

So this led me to do some more experimenting with explosive objects and I found out......you can make gas station pumps explode by throwing bricks or mobile phones at them :D:D:D

 

1. Go to a busy gas station and block the exit with a car causing a queue of cars inside, bonus points if it includes a cop car. Or an empty one just for the entertainment of exploding each pump

2. Grab a brick if there's some around (the one in Little Bay has bricks everywhere) or get a mobile phone from a ped (best place to do it is the one in The Meat Quarter since it's the busiest but there's no bricks so this is required), stand back a bit and throw it at a fuel pump (one or two good direct hits should do it)

3. Big chain explosion and fire, no wanted level

4. Profit?

 

You can also make those long gas canisters explode the same way and make those, pumps and the small red containers explode by punching or kicking them or with a bat. Only different thing was the large grey gas tanks that can explode (there's some by the car wash/gas station in Westdyke for example), couldn't get them to explode by punching/kicking or with a phone and there weren't any bricks nearby to try, but I might just have been hitting them wrong. They will explode with a baseball bat hit though (which scared the sh*t out of me). Fun times!

 

 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big_Smiley
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

So this led me to do some more experimenting with explosive objects and I found out......you can make gas station pumps explode by throwing bricks or mobile phones at them :D:D:D

Can confirm it also works with thrown dildos from the sex shop in Hove Beach, LOL!! I was way to close to the damn gas pump so I instantly died and flew in mid air, lmaoo.

 

Edited by Big_Smiley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
santosvagos

You can make some easy money by robbing people when they're finished getting their money at ATM .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.