Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

SonOfLiberty

Cool Things You Didn't Know About GTA IV

Recommended Posts

El Penguin Bobo
6 minutes ago, KingAJ032304 said:

Oh that reminds me I found out by killing a cop that if a ped draws money out of an ATM you get extra cash killing them

This also happens in GTA 5 I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

This also happens in GTA 5 I believe.

Really? It always annoyed me that in V EVERY ped is always carrying between $10 and $20, where in other games it would vary much more and occasionally you'd get someone with a few hundred. I've seen that you get more killing one at the ATM in IV but not in V, maybe I just never did it.

 

- If you arrange a date with Kiki, cancel it and then arrange and go on a date with another internet girlfriend she may stalk you. She can appear in the cutscene as you enter a restaurant walking around the corner shouting "dirty slut" etc, and after you leave your girlfriend's house you might find a tyre slashed or a door damaged on your car. Afterwards she might call you to accuse you of cheating or to demand to know where you are (and Niko tells her the correct area he's in at the time). She also might call or text you angry if you pick up a prostitute after cancelling on her.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
El Penguin Bobo
20 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Really? It always annoyed me that in V EVERY ped is always carrying between $10 and $20, where in other games it would vary much more and occasionally you'd get someone with a few hundred. I've seen that you get more killing one at the ATM in IV but not in V, maybe I just never did it.

Mhm. It's quite rare to encounter it however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Just now, El Penguin Bobo said:

Mhm. It's quite rare to encounter it however.

I think I just haven't run into people using ATMs as much in V maybe (in IV I do often because there's two near the hospital in Schottler and I often end up leaving there from the swingset glitch and other messing around), so I haven't noticed/tested it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
El Penguin Bobo
2 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I think I just haven't run into people using ATMs as much in V maybe (in IV I do often because there's two near the hospital in Schottler and I often end up leaving there from the swingset glitch and other messing around), so I haven't noticed/tested it out. 

https://www.wikihow.com/Rob-People-at-ATMs-in-GTA-V Here's some evidence, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
3 hours ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

:lol: Brilliant. When I'm next at home I'm going to play GTA V just to attempt to experience picking up more than $20 from a ped lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8

Tried killing people after they'd used the ATM in V and it worked. Most I got was $98, definite improvement on the usual strict $10-$20 that I got so often I stopped noticing how much I picked up. You can get more doing it in IV though 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beato_dim
On 6/15/2019 at 8:35 AM, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

- If you arrange a date with Kiki, cancel it and then arrange and go on a date with another internet girlfriend she may stalk you. She can appear in the cutscene as you enter a restaurant walking around the corner shouting "dirty slut" etc, and after you leave your girlfriend's house you might find a tyre slashed or a door damaged on your car. Afterwards she might call you to accuse you of cheating or to demand to know where you are (and Niko tells her the correct area he's in at the time). She also might call or text you angry if you pick up a prostitute after cancelling on her. 

Woah. This is legitimately mind-blowing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Beato_dim said:

Woah. This is legitimately mind-blowing.

I know right? I stumbled on it by accident (because the girlfriends often tend to call/text me asking for a date not long after each other - I guess they probably made it like that deliberately to help it happen), first thing I noticed was a random upset call from Kiki asking where I was and I was like what?? Then looked up about the other stuff. I've done it a load of times now because it's just so funny that they put it in, it doesn't work every time but as long as you leave some time before trying it again it's fairly easy to get it to work. I always take a nice car on the date with the other girl and keep it undamaged so that when I leave after some hot coffee I can notice anything that's happened to it. It's usually just a slashed tyre but it can go as far as doors ripped right off the car lol. Love the level of detail in this game!

 

Edit: Here's a video showing it

 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eugene H. Krabs
Posted (edited)

Sometimes after gun shopping, Niko will tell the shop owner a comment (e.g. "Thanks, pal, I'll tell all my homicidal friends about this place." and "Hey, thanks man. Screw the mayor and his gun laws, right?")

Edited by Eugene H. Krabs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GiveMeLiberty78

Not strictly about GTAIV, but thanks to GTAIV, I now know what the track 'Call pon dem' by Chezidek is about:

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/call-pon-dem-call-pon-dem.html
 

That's what I like about GTAIV - the music, as Fernando Martinez might say, makes the people feel touched. Well, it's good listening if nothing else and very broad, from Russian pop to reggae to house music and crazy DJs spouting the usual nonesense and memorable one-liners, including a computer DJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2019 at 10:47 PM, Eugene H. Krabs said:

Sometimes after gun shopping, Niko will tell the shop owner a comment (e.g. "Thanks, pal, I'll tell all my homicidal friends about this place." and "Hey, thanks man. Screw the mayor and his gun laws, right?")

I think it's when you buy a new weapon. When you just buy ammo it's always just the guy in the shop saying bye. I'll have to test it.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2019 at 6:33 AM, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I think it's when you buy a new weapon. When you just buy ammo it's always just the guy in the shop saying bye. I'll have to test it.

I was testing this. I was mistaken, it doesn't matter whether you buy weapons or buy ammo, it's just the guy in shop speaks if you buy something and leave once but if you go back in and buy something and leave again Niko speaks. Also if you go in the shop and leave without buying anything Niko makes a comment about that, saying he was just looking or sorry not buying anything today etc

 

In the middle of the Booth Tunnel that runs between Algonquin and Alderney there's a painted marker on the wall that shows the supposed dividing line between the two areas, it has an art deco design and looks kind of cool

 

Edit: Just checked and it's based on a real life sign showing the divide between New York and New Jersey in the Lincoln Tunnel, awesome

 

2BwW6.jpg

 

latest?cb=20091103143903

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOriginalGunslinger
Posted (edited)

Apparently you can hit yourself with a brick...

 

 

lol... I never knew this until after I watched this video.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
58 minutes ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:

Apparently you can hit yourself with a brick...

 

 

lol... I never knew this until after I watched this video.

My new goal in life is to do this. Wonder how easy it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOriginalGunslinger
23 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

My new goal in life is to do this. Wonder how easy it is

I reckon it could take a few attempts but maybe first try if lucky. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
12 hours ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:

Apparently you can hit yourself with a brick...

 

 

lol... I never knew this until after I watched this video.

lol.

 

It's like being killed by a shotgun that an NPC has dropped and when it hits the ground and discharges sometimes you can get shot.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8

 

16 hours ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:

I reckon it could take a few attempts but maybe first try if lucky. :D

Did it last night and I actually did it first time :lol:. Now the ultimate will be to do it with almost no health and kill myself this way 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)

I don't know how easy this is to replicate but I found it's possible to make cops rain down on you :lol:. I had a 2 star wanted level on Colony Island, on a small pier that points towards Broker almost under the Algonquin Bridge (not the wooden pier from Waste Not Want Knots, another one just to the north of it). I saw no cops around me but suddenly started hearing the screams of people falling from above and the sound of them splatting on the ground. Looked around and there was a pile of three dead cops and another one hurtling towards it from the sky. What was happening was I was directly under the edge of the bridge and instead of spawning on the island they were spawning on the bridge above me and managing to fall off one by one. I just stood on the pile looking up at the bridge and continued to let cops fall around and on me, once there was about 20 of them I threw a grenade in the pile which increased my wanted level - and now NOOSE started raining down on me too. I think it would've carried on indefinitely. Very hilarious, next time I play I'll see if I can make it happen again.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vega LVI
Posted (edited)

Actor and comedian Bill Burr is the voice of Jason Michaels. Idk about anyone else, but I just discovered this yesterday while watching IV gameplay footage.

 

When Jason says to Niko in No Love Lost, “I’m gonna get some of the brothers and we’re going to kick your f*ckin’ ass,” I immediately thought his voice sounded familiar lol.

Edited by Vega LVI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HOW'S ANNIE?

Probably already mentioned, but I'll go for it anyway 

 

On top of the buildings on the corner of Garnet street and Frankfort Avenue, in Suffolk, set of chairs plus a BBQ will spawn. Typically one or two NPCs will spawn with it as well. Just always found it strange that out of all the lifeless roofotops in IV, this was the only one with some sort of activity going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eugene H. Krabs
6 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Now the ultimate will be to do it with almost no health and kill myself this way 

That's what I did, except it was with a soda can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DOUGL4S1
16 minutes ago, HOW'S ANNIE? said:

Probably already mentioned, but I'll go for it anyway 

 

On top of the buildings on the corner of Garnet street and Frankfort Avenue, in Suffolk, set of chairs plus a BBQ will spawn. Typically one or two NPCs will spawn with it as well. Just always found it strange that out of all the lifeless roofotops in IV, this was the only one with some sort of activity going on.

I remember finding something similar in Lower Easton. Same deal, 2 people sitting in chairs near a barbecue. It wasn't even an easy place to get to, as I had to climb a truck to get to a fire escape, then climb it and jump through rooftops to get to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Vega LVI said:

Actor and comedian Bill Burr is the voice of Jason Michaels. Idk about anyone else, but I just discovered this yesterday while watching IV gameplay footage.

 

When Jason says to Niko in No Love Lost, “I’m gonna get some of the brothers and we’re going to kick your f*ckin’ ass,” I immediately thought his voice sounded familiar lol.

I wish he was in it more for this reason lol, his voice is perfect for the game.

 

Bill Burr is one of several comedians/people connected to the now cancelled "Opie and Anthony" radio show who did voices in the game (he was a frequent guest). I wasn't a huge fan of it but I heard it a lot when I first got into Louis CK a few years ago because I listened to hours and hours of his appearances on there and then ended up doing the same with a few other comedians who were on there a lot, so I ended up very familiar with the show, enough to notice all the people and references to it included in the game. I believe it started because of a friendship with Lazlow (who appeared as a guest on the show many times), it started with with a few voices in San Andreas but there's a particularly huge amount in IV (which makes sense since it was a New York show)

 

Like, Bill Burr is Jason, Anthony is the Pisswasser ad guy and an Italian ped, Opie is an Irish ped, third mic comedian Jim Norton is the guy in the sex shop mission and the husband in the courtroom radio show, comedian Bob Kelly (frequent guest) is Luca, Fez from the Ron an Fez show (friends with Opie and Anthony) and comedian Patrice O'Neal (frequent guest) host the entertainment radio show, Ron from the Ron and Fez show does some radio voices, a member of the show staff called Steve is a cop, a member of the show staff called Sam is a nerdy ped, several other show staff and interns are peds. Ricky Gervais was also on the show several times. And I've heard other show staff mentioned by random peds (E-rock and Club Soda Kenny), and incidents from the show referenced (kiosk guy and taxi drivers talking about "Greg And Tony" being fired, an incident where a homeless guy's cake was stamped on, peds going "I broke my knee dude!" which is a quote from an incident with Bob Kelly on there, "I'm gonna be okaaay" which is another quote from there etc). A few other things were heavily referenced on the show too and I think possibly influenced their inclusion in the game (like annoying guys selling rap CDs in Times Square and pointless weather forecasts where they give over the top names to the weather measuring equipment). They were all over it. There's a big "Special thanks to the Opie and Anthony show" separate from all the other thank yous in the credits too.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big_Smiley
Posted (edited)

So I started playing IV again just recently and another thing I witness was around middle park. There was a pretty severe thunder storm when I loaded my save. I started seeing a large group of pedestrians hauling ass to a tree that was nearby. I found pretty it neat as they were covering themselves trying to avoid getting wet. Probably have noticed it before but never payed to much attention to it. Anyway as I stayed there I noticed more and more NPC's would join in to the point where we all couldn't fit under the tree. Then you have that one homeless dude who shows up and angrily mentions that there's too many gorillaz trying to squeeze in between the others, lol. Time passed so a few left to catch calls while gta logic kicked in and other NPC's pulled umbrellas out of their ass and walked away. IV's details never ceases to amaze me.

Edited by Big_Smiley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Big_Smiley said:

So I stared playing IV again just recently and another thing I witness was around middle park. There was a pretty severe thunder storm when I loaded my save. I started seeing a large group of pedestrians hauling ass to a tree that was nearby. I found pretty it neat as they were covering themselves trying to avoid getting wet. Probably have noticed it before but never payed to much attention to it. Anyway as I stayed there I noticed more and more NPC's would join in to the point where we all couldn't fit under the tree. Then you have that one homeless dude who shows up and angrily mentions that there's too many gorillaz trying to squeeze in between the others, lol. Time passed so a few left to catch calls while gta logic kicked in and other NPC's pulled umbrellas out of their ass and walked away. IV's details never ceases to amaze me.

Didn't know it happened with trees (only seen it with shop awnings/man made things), that's awesome. People also will run holding newspapers over their head, and shiver, cops have rain outfits (a rainproof coat and cover for their hat), and Niko has special rain animations too. I love all the details like this, adds up to the city feeling really alive.

 

In the mission Bull in a China Shop you don't have to go and get a brick and throw it through the window, or even enter the marker to trigger the first cutscene where you confront the guy when you arrive, all you have to do is get the window smashed one way or another. The way I discovered this is when I arrived I accidentally swerved my car and knocked the edge of the building causing the window to break, it went right to the second cutscene where he pays the money, job done :lol: 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
3 hours ago, Big_Smiley said:

So I stared playing IV again just recently and another thing I witness was around middle park. There was a pretty severe thunder storm when I loaded my save. I started seeing a large group of pedestrians hauling ass to a tree that was nearby. I found pretty it neat as they were covering themselves trying to avoid getting wet. Probably have noticed it before but never payed to much attention to it. Anyway as I stayed there I noticed more and more NPC's would join in to the point where we all couldn't fit under the tree. Then you have that one homeless dude who shows up and angrily mentions that there's too many gorillaz trying to squeeze in between the others, lol. Time passed so a few left to catch calls while gta logic kicked in and other NPC's pulled umbrellas out of their ass and walked away. IV's details never ceases to amaze me.

I've never seen that lol.

 

I've seen them plenty of times pulling out umbrellas, newspapers etc to try and cover themselves, but never a group collecting under something like a tree. GTA IV's details still amazes after 11 solid years.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big_Smiley
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Didn't know it happened with trees (only seen it with shop awnings/man made things), that's awesome. People also will run holding newspapers over their head, and shiver, cops have rain outfits (a rainproof coat and cover for their hat), and Niko has special rain animations too. I love all the details like this, adds up to the city feeling really alive.

Yeah me neither. About the rest of the rain detail I knew everyone of those except under actual trees. Once under a tree Niko, Johnny, and Luis will immediately join the other peds and rub their hands, rub arms, get cozy etc....Indeed it adds life to the city seeing those other pedestrians without umbrellas. Like the homeless NPC's for example who stay under those trees up until it stops raining.

 

2 hours ago, SonOfLiberty said:

I've never seen that lol.

 

I've seen them plenty of times pulling out umbrellas, newspapers etc to try and cover themselves, but never a group collecting under something like a tree. GTA IV's details still amazes after 11 solid years.👍

Yeah it's almost as shocking as hitting yourself with a brick you threw mid air as @TheOriginalGunslinger mentioned above :p 

 

I was wondering why the pedestrian who plays jazz was under a tree but then it came to me that it was raining and probably was covering himself. It's then when I noticed a large group of peds huddling together in various trees around middle park and then it came to me again that that's exactly what they were doing.

 

A funny scene I had while playing as Johnny... So It was the midde of a thunderstorm, I noticed a group of four homeless together under a large tree around middle park. I stayed there for a while then after some time one of them said "Stop following me around reptilian!!" So I pulled out my RPG and they all freaked the f*ck out and ran away while one of them yelled out "EHAHH CALL IN REINFORCEMENTS!!!". Then the other "F*ck a duck!! This is some heavy duty crack man!!" Then some random backround NPC, "F*CKING TERRORISTS!!!"

 

 

Lmaooo. IV's pedestrians were something else man. So much detail put into everyone. Have no idea what the flying f*ck happened to V's NPC's. It's like the complete opposite when it comes to detail wise.

 

 

Edited by Big_Smiley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)

V peds are just so annoying. Going back to playing V recently I never noticed before just how annoying it is to constantly hear people around you freaking out (screaming, running, threatening to call police etc) for literally no reason when I'm just walking down the street or standing there. I get that they wanted to have some "vapid L.A." type peds but it's way over done. A bunch of scared pussies and fools starting fights because you said hello to them and barely any to be found who aren't airheads. It creates a horrible atmosphere. IV peds are varied, entertaining, have more character and behave in realistic and complex ways, endless fun to be had with them.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeansowaty
1 hour ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

V peds are just so annoying. Going back to playing V recently I never noticed before just how annoying it is to constantly hear people around you freaking out (screaming, running, threatening to call police etc) for literally no reason when I'm just walking down the street or standing there. I get that they wanted to have some "vapid L.A." type peds but it's way over done. A bunch of scared pussies and fools starting fights because you said hello to them and barely any to be found who aren't airheads. It creates a horrible atmosphere. IV peds are varied, entertaining, have more character and behave in realistic and complex ways, endless fun to be had with them.

It's been made this way to show reality - Los Angeles sucks compared to New York :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.