Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,005 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Algonquin Assassin

Cool Things You Didn't Know About GTA IV

Apex Predator

Bitch isn't really a swear word is it?

For a kid yes, but for an older person its disrespectful to call someone that.It's disrespectful to call someone an idiot too, doesn't mean it's a swear word.

Payne Killer

Bitch isn't really a swear word is it?

For a kid yes, but for an older person its disrespectful to call someone that.
It's disrespectful to call someone an idiot too, doesn't mean it's a swear word.Yeah your right

universetwisters

I think this might be a cool thing we didn't know:

Has anyone played "Blood Brothers" and when you call Francis and you're asked if you want to increase your fee, has anybody hit "no"? What happens if you do, does Niko simply hang up, or is the mission called off or something?

@5:38

Mr_Leone

He says something like, "it isn't about the money, it just doesn't feel right" or something like that, I'm paraphrasing of coutse.

Judicious 7

Been a while since I posted here but, I'm riding in a taxi can getting off the Broker Bridge into Algonquin. I see two guys preaching the same stuff that guy preaches across the street in South Bohan. Cool :B

Payne Killer

Been a while since I posted here but, I'm riding in a taxi can getting off the Broker Bridge into Algonquin. I see two guys preaching the same stuff that guy preaches across the street in South Bohan. Cool :B

I always see one guy there. But two?

Judicious 7

It may have been 1, but it was raining pretty hard. The audio was coming from one guy, but there was a second guy doing the preaching animations.

Payne Killer

It may have been 1, but it was raining pretty hard. The audio was coming from one guy, but there was a second guy doing the preaching animations.OK. Off topic but have you played IV with the brightness down during in game night time. Its awesome!

Judicious 7

OK. Off topic but have you played IV with the brightness down during in game night time. Its awesome!

Aww..... man, is it good? I have yet to play with low brightness at night. I've played it during those nights where it was foggy & overcast. Does it really bring out the atmosphere?

Payne Killer

Makes it darker, and it looks best at night with rain. No the default display brings out the atmosphere.

daliakiller

Makes it darker, and it looks best at night with rain. No the default display brings out the atmosphere.

Bar in half to minimum saturation, no bright and full contrast worked better at my screen. Foggy lamps at the bridges and signal lights looked lovely.

Ciaran

In the abandoned house down the road from Packie, if you go to the kitchen, you can see roaches on the floor.

Tacymist

In the abandoned house down the road from Packie, if you go to the kitchen, you can see roaches on the floor.

Gee I wonder how you found that one out.

Ciaran

Gee I wonder how you found that one out.

Thanks for showing me :]

TheFlareEntercounter

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but I discovered it recently so I'll post it.

- When exiting a vehicle, you can turn off the engine by holding the exit vehicle button. Doesn't work on garage spots though.

CantThinkOfOne2013

The earth is round:

Screenshot2.png

Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013

PhillBellic

I am currently playing IV and have just found this out. If you spray certain pedestrians with the Fire Engines/Trucks water cannon they will report the assault as a shooting. Wow!

Cheers.

gunziness

I finally found out the mailman:

3536wk3.jpg

xepi1i.jpg

33lcwtg.jpg

Official General

Wow, I never knew IV had mailmen, its amazing how much stuff get discovered about this game, even though it's over 5 years old.

jordio

If you get a helicopter/boat and go really far away from the city and call 911, when the operator asks where Niko is, he'll reply with "sh*t, I'm not quite sure. I'll call you back" or something like that.

Payne Killer

The Carbine rifle has the words "stop chillin, start killing" on the bottom of the magazine.

daliakiller

The Carbine rifle has the words "stop chillin, start killing" on the bottom of the magazine.

How did you find that? Can it be seen on consoles too? sh*t... thats the coolest thing i didnt have any idea about.

Algonquin Assassin

I've never taken notice how bad ass counters are with the bat and knife before. Seriously I was fighting hobos and cracking them in the face with the bat because of how fun it was lol.

Payne Killer

How did you find that? Can it be seen on consoles too? sh*t... thats the coolest thing i didnt have any idea about.

When you play crouch with the m4 and look under the magazine. Or just find a spawned m4 and use the sniper rifle to look under the magazine.

daliakiller

I've never taken notice how bad ass counters are with the bat and knife before. Seriously I was fighting hobos and cracking them in the face with the bat because of how fun it was lol.

I dont like knife counters much. It is just avoid punch, and bam, stab in the back. I would prefer different animations sometimes, or just a serious wound that wouldnt kill instantly.

Shadowfennekin

I was playing earlier and gave Niko a RPG early with a cheat(I've played through without cheats before, don't judge) and walked into the laundromat with it. I died laughing when he said "I have a message from Vlad." and the guy was like "Oh sh*t!" :lol:

B Dawg

The earth is round:

Screenshot2.png

Space Monkeys! They're invading!

Edited by B Dawg

daliakiller

I dont know if it is well known around here, but during that mission whete you have to go to the penthouse in Majestic hotel, you can go around the biulding and use a lift to go straight to the top, no need to use the elevators or even entering the lobby.

In "Snow Storm" too, you can move outside the old hospital to the other side, where the coke is, and leave through any windows and jump into the water. There is a boat you can use to easily evade the heat.

Some of the alternative ways of completing missions, maybe a great part of you guys already know, but it is something that really shows we can use the open world even during missions.

happygrowls

Enemy's accuracy depends on what type of person they are

e.g

Gangsters have lower accuracy than NOOSE members due to the NOOSE teams having professional training.

Payne Killer

I dont know if it is well known around here, but during that mission whete you have to go to the penthouse in Majestic hotel, you can go around the biulding and use a lift to go straight to the top, no need to use the elevators or even entering the lobby.

In "Snow Storm" too, you can move outside the old hospital to the other side, where the coke is, and leave through any windows and jump into the water. There is a boat you can use to easily evade the heat.

Some of the alternative ways of completing missions, maybe a great part of you guys already know, but it is something that really shows we can use the open world even during missions.

That's why I love IV.