Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,731 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Trefezex

The $500,000 to bring to the docks

razgriz67

If you want I could add any/all docks to my map. Just need to know what spot on the map it is. Probably easiest thing to do is stand on the dock take a snapshot and send me the URL (click on photo and then share at the social site)

Edited by razgriz67

jp9865

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic/myphotos/photo/E8kAA8ZbyEC9IbTqyCEFaA

Lago zancudo sign

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic/myphotos/photo/s1ffugnKWUuj6lJ3Z6kUTw

1st North Chumash sign

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic/myphotos/photo/xVXY3gsUpEmA9NSPOuA9Cg

2nd North Chumash sign. Over the road from the other, just a little further down.

I seem to have deleted my picture of the raton canyon sign. Whoops!

Ill take a new one later on.

I'm looking for a Great Ocean Highway North sign. Have you noticed how many names the great ocean highway has depending on what part you're at? I can't give examples now but will do soon.

So we have our starting point.

The 2 North chumash signs, why do both face the same way on opposite sides of the road? Through north chumash = through these 2 signs?

Then raton canyon. Although it isn't clear if .5 miles past this sign on the dirt road or main road. Although there's isn't any indication to turn either.

There are yeild arrows on the road just before the dirt road leading to the Sonar Docks. Maybe they = the arrow on the directions.

I'm still looking for more signs, and like I said to Razgriz (if anyone else even reads here! :D ) I'm still trying to put it all together.

Is there is a sign for a dock somewhere?

Maybe that's what we have been missing. Everything in the directions must relate to a sign in game?

Edited by jp9865

TirkaneX

Guys, if "Dock" was the vulgar term, maybe Dock could be someone no? I don't understand well this definition but i've read Jay Norris was docked during the mission where michael kill him.

another e:

Matt: Dude order a pizza!
Nathan: mannn i wish i could but i'm docked!

George - "We all f*cking hate Dom."
Carl - "I know"
Dom - "Wana hangout guys?"
George - "No Dom, you've been docked."

You're better placed toknow if that could make sens and who/what could be the "dock"

Edited by TirkaneX

jp9865

Tirk, your randomness (its a good thing) made me search docks on Wikipedia. Quite interesting things. Given me so many ideas.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dock

Could be a mountain top! See hoho docks or something. Can't remember and I've only just read it! Lol gotta stop smoking!

Ha its hohe dock! I was close!

Oh and tirk docking in a sexual term is when you place your foerskin over another guys penis and wank. Or something like that. I've never docked! :D

Edited by jp9865

razgriz67

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic/myphotos/photo/E8kAA8ZbyEC9IbTqyCEFaA

Lago zancudo sign

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic/myphotos/photo/s1ffugnKWUuj6lJ3Z6kUTw

1st North Chumash sign

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic/myphotos/photo/xVXY3gsUpEmA9NSPOuA9Cg

2nd North Chumash sign. Over the road from the other, just a little further down.

I seem to have deleted my picture of the raton canyon sign. Whoops!

Ill take a new one later on.

I'm looking for a Great Ocean Highway North sign. Have you noticed how many names the great ocean highway has depending on what part you're at? I can't give examples now but will do soon.

So we have our starting point.

The 2 North chumash signs, why do both face the same way on opposite sides of the road? Through north chumash = through these 2 signs?

Then raton canyon. Although it isn't clear if .5 miles past this sign on the dirt road or main road. Although there's isn't any indication to turn either.

There are yeild arrows on the road just before the dirt road leading to the Sonar Docks. Maybe they = the arrow on the directions.

I'm still looking for more signs, and like I said to Razgriz (if anyone else even reads here! :D ) I'm still trying to put it all together.

Is there is a sign for a dock somewhere?

Maybe that's what we have been missing. Everything in the directions must relate to a sign in game?

Man I'm blind, Even after your hint I went at it at a different angle but yours makes a lot more sense. I need to run the route again before I can post how I went at it

Oh and tirk docking in a sexual term is when you place your foerskin over another guys penis and wank. Or something like that. I've never docked! :D

This is what I found out to.

Note to self. NEVER go back to Urban Dictionary ever again

jp9865

Yeah dude, I got it from Wikipedia, it's linked in the link I posted if that makes sense! :D

razgriz67

Hey JP I looked at your signs in game and I not surprisingly didn't notice that yield/arrow sign of yours. But I surprisingly noticed something.

I don't think that the Chumash signs are "approved by the committee". Look at the top right corner of the Lagu sign

http://rsg.ms/1ohyWrz

That symbol is also under the "R" of Raton Canyon

Edited by razgriz67

jp9865

The arrows are actually on the road. Literally white arrows on the road pointing kinda left (they actually point right because they are for the other side of the road but from the direction we are traveling in its left) there's 2 in a row. There are just arrows because the road changes from 2 lanes into 1. Its for the traffic really but it intrigued me enough.

That's a good spot @above!

Edited by jp9865

razgriz67

Touché

:D always helps to have someone double check your findings ain't it

Edited by razgriz67

razgriz67

So, when I ran the route with your signs hint JP I went by the Green billboards, and thought it was meant for outsiders without GPS. Started off from the gas station, IDK why but I like starting there.

when you exit you see this sign

http://rsg.ms/1ohDaiU

a long while up the road you'll see

http://rsg.ms/1ohDAG7

couldn't find one that said Raton Canyon so Borrowing this one that is very miss-able

http://rsg.ms/1ohDT3v

And when I made my last post I noticed a nice long line when you turn left to my location. Apparently there is a stop there that is part of a separate lane just to turn left. Don't know why I didn't snap a pic, I did think it was a bit odd.

Also JP what do you think about calling your new route the "Landmark Route" which leads to the Sonar Docks and my Route the "GPS Route" which leads to the Pier

Edited by razgriz67

razgriz67

Tirk, your randomness (its a good thing) made me search docks on Wikipedia. Quite interesting things. Given me so many ideas.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dock

Could be a mountain top! See hoho docks or something. Can't remember and I've only just read it! Lol gotta stop smoking!

Ha its hohe dock! I was close!

So the only things of Interest I found here where that apparently Docklands is the occupied area surrounding the Dock itself which isn't that relevent to the sonar docks, and mine is barely a dock,

then there is Loading Docks, which last I checked was only near the pier and on the right side of the road well past when I suspect your supposed to turn left.

And then there is just a bunch of vegetation to look at.

We have Sorrel

Rumex

Rumex Crispus

Rumex Obtusifolius

razgriz67

Closest thing I saw to a tall plant are these

http://rsg.ms/THqDLI

But I did notice what looks like the Rumex Obtusifolius or the Broadleaf Dock

http://rsg.ms/THqYxY

Edited by razgriz67

god level2

Closest thing I saw to a tall plant are these

http://rsg.ms/THqDLI

But I did notice what looks like the Rumex Obtusifolius or the Broadleaf Dock

http://rsg.ms/THqYxY

But if someone was to go to the location on accident, not realizing this mystery exists, then what? Most people won't know the Docks are a certain type of plant.

razgriz67

Just went off of tirks idea of trying to find another "Dock" to look for. Now why exactly would we be looking for plants instead of the regular image you get in your head? Just trying to rule out as much as possible. Though this might be a little trickier to rule out.

Still need to get around to finding a way to connect Great Ocean Highway to JP's signs idea. and do more testing to see how to make Great Ocean Highway appear on the D-Pad GPS as well as do the routes on Mike don't feel he has been thoroughly tested.

Also need to find a way to make fog incase this leads anywhere

Edited by razgriz67

god level2

Do you think there's a reason why it says "through North Chumash" and not "to North Chumash"? And a reason why it has an arrow pointing left instead of it just saying left?

razgriz67

Since the locations are well past Noth Chumash. No. To me that's a normal way of phrasing it. For example for me the city of Oxnard is on the other side of Santa Barbara so it wouldn't sound weird to say "after you go through Santa Barbara your in Oxnard"

As for the arrow. Between the rail guard and the dirt road to the a Sonar Docks is an arrow pointing left. Though this is for the oncoming traffic to merge to the right lane.

Also for my location there is a Turn Left lane

Also here's a quick 411 I created

http://thechiliadmystery.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=41&pid=165#pid165

Edited by razgriz67

god level2

Since the locations are well past Noth Chumash. No. To me that's a normal way of phrasing it. For example for me the city of Oxnard is on the other side of Santa Barbara so it wouldn't sound weird to say "after you go through Santa Barbara your in Oxnard"

As for the arrow. Between the rail guard and the dirt road to the a Sonar Docks is an arrow pointing left. Though this is for the oncoming traffic to merge to the right lane.

Also for my location there is a Turn Left lane

Also here's a quick 411 I created

http://thechiliadmystery.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=41&pid=165#pid165

Shouldn't have cropped out the 5 X's :(

Other then that, it's perfect

Edited by god level2

jp9865

Good sh*t razgriz. We do seem to be drumming up more interest in this finally!

:D

razgriz67

@God level

Not my pic. Pulled it off a google search. Tonight I might try and get a better pic but when I last did it it was blurry and not as clear

@JP

Yes we are. Which is why I'm glad I have a unique post I can keep up to date with everything. Though sadly I've reached the limit of Pics allowed

Edited by razgriz67

Synauron

I personally don't help as much here because I know jack sh*t about traveling but may I ask you guys something or request maybe?

When you reach a consensus on which are the right docks, could you test going there with a game where you have killed michael and then another where you kill trevor too?

If you can't it's ok because I don't mind testing it myself I really just want to rule one thing out of the theory pile. ^^

god level2

What if i email Rockstar asking them if the back of the blueprint was missprinted?

god level2

I personally don't help as much here because I know jack sh*t about traveling but may I ask you guys something or request maybe?

When you reach a consensus on which are the right docks, could you test going there with a game where you have killed michael and then another where you kill trevor too?

If you can't it's ok because I don't mind testing it myself I really just want to rule one thing out of the theory pile. ^^

I'm pretty sure that's been debunked

Synauron

how if they aren't even sure what the docks are?

god level2

how if they aren't even sure what the docks are?

What do you mean? I'm pretty sure people have broughten themselves to the Sonar Docks (alleged location) with each of the game ending choices.

Synauron

That's why I said when they agreed with each other.

razgriz67

@Synauron

First doesn't matter if you know bout traveling. IMO we already know the only 2 plausible locations

Second I'll have to look through my saves and see if I gave one near the end. I've wanted to test that myself too

@God Level

Never heard it got debunked

Also I doubt R* would say anything but it's worth a try

Edited by razgriz67

Synauron

@Synauron

First doesn't matter if you know bout traveling. IMO we already know the only 2 plausible locations

Second I'll have to look through my saves and see if I gave one near the end. I've wanted to test that myself too

@God Level

Never heard it got debunked

Also I doubt R* would say anything but it's worth a try

maybe if we ask rockstar if the blueprint map was misprinted or something like that.

I tried following the locations and I didn't reach the docks so I will just assume I suck with directions in general.

razgriz67

Where did you end up?

Synauron

Where did you end up?

according to my notes last time i tried I ended up by the alamo sea apparently but I can keep an eye for clues.

Also yesterday the idea of the x's being trevors name like T-Revor (he says it some times, enough to make it stuck I suppose) anyway I guess you already know that's why I think it's connected and yeah we had this conversation already sorry for backtracking.