Cheating

Digital Murders

Digital Murders

Ok, I've been looking at these forums for a long time now, well I just recently joined though, but I'm sick of reading posts about how it's so bad to cheat..etc, People saying how it's there weakness because they can't beat the game with out them, well I for one use the Armor, Wanted Level, and Health cheat in both of the GTA games. Cheats are like a crutch, now when you break your leg you get a crutches right? So in a way you're cheating your way into healing your leg, right? If Tommy falls off a PCJ, and tumbles around the pavement, I put in the health code, his crutches for healing him. So if it's such a wuss' thing to cheat, the next time you break a leg, arm, ass...or whatever, I hope you feel bad for cheating. Sorry, I needed to get that off my chest.

--------------

DMsig.gif

You Have The Right To Remain Violent

:sui:  :sui:  :sui:  :sui:

user posted image

Mario Vercetti

It's a personal preference really. I hate to use cheats and strategy guides when playing through any game the first time. I'll do it the second time to find all the crap I missed, but it's fun to beat missions without aid and to figure things out for yourself the first time through. I'll also use cheats when I'm just screwing around and recking havoc on all those innocent pedestrians and law enforcement types, because, well, why the hell wouldn't you? :devil:

Digital Murders

I suppose you're right about the personal preferance part of it, but you shouldn't cut someone down on it, besides cheats are made to help with the game, so why not use them?

--------------

DMsig.gif

user posted image

tuff_luv_capo

Where do you get crutches? The hospital. So get get health at the hospital. You can't use a crutch when cops are after you in real life, so you wouldn't in the game.

I feel that if cheats are used you cant say you "beat" anything cuz technically you didnt.

Using cheats is up to the individual playing, but if one of my friends uses cheats I try to talk them into starting over.

Whats the point of using a cheat if you can go a couple of blocks and save or go to a hospital or buy armor at Ammunation.  I don't see the point.

Try to play with out cheats, it will be more rewarding when you do beat it.

Dai the Flu (8)

Hey, what a man and a woman and a midget and a horse do with their spare time together is their business.  

Ehm, wrong thread.  

What I'm saying is that each to his or her own.  One way or another you will be cut down to size whether or not you decide to use cheat codes or not.  I don't need a short story based on a boy with a fasincation for crutches to explain my gameplay.  

So deal with it.  Ya cheatin' noob  :sly:

Digital ur analagy is kinda weak.. First of all u cant compare a video game to real life. Using crutches in real life is a nesesity.. not cheating. Using codes in the game is not, however, a necesity. It just makes the game much easier. The only way you could "cheat" in real life was is you somehow had the power to instantaneosly heal ur broken leg.. which I dont think many people have. I really don't care if people cheat to get further in the game. As that other dude said, it's personal preferance. I dont use cheats because it gives me much more satisfaction to finally beat a mission I have been trying to beat w/o using them. If I use cheats it feels like I'm... cheating. But whatever dude.. I dont give people sh*t about it.

Why should anyone care if people cheat? I mean it isnt affecting anyone but the person who uses them so there should be no reason for people to get mad at cheaters because like i said it doesnt affect them in anyway. I like to use cheats when im goofing around an stuff but otherwise when im serious I dont cheat. Im a real tough ass. I even dont let myself die, fail a mission or get busted, instead I just load my last saved file if any of that happens to me because thats the way I am. I have a friend with the game and he cheats all the time but i dont care. so i agree with a lot of people here if people want to cheat then let them there really isnt anything anyone can do or any reason anyone should do anything because it doesnt have anything to do with them.

sig.gif

Social: TOGA62

PS3: balltowellamp

gt3master2003

In my opinion cheating is just unnecessary. The game was made so that it could be beat without cheating. Sure, it might take longer, but thats the whole idea. If you ask me, i'd rather get my $50 worth playing through the game without cheating. It gives a better sense of accomplishment. I cheated in GTA3, and 2 things happened. Number one was that it got old after nobody was killing me, so I didn't play it anymore (never got to 100%). And number two is that I totally sucked at the game without codes. After using too many health/weapons cheats you tend to depend on them (whether you think so or not) and you suck without them. Just my opinion.

tuff_luv_capo
I totally sucked at the game without codes. After using too many health/weapons cheats you tend to depend on them (whether you think so or not) and you suck without them.

Very true. I used codes for gta3 and then stopped. Boy did I suck. Not to mention that it's kinda lame when you use codes and suddenly realize you're invincible and that pple all over the world are doing it even better without codes

Cheating is not a crutch.  That's what the health and armor is for.  If you "break your leg" in real life, you don't put in a cheat code to fix it, you let it heal, the same with the game.  If you get hurt, find some health, that's what they're for.  They're a "crutch".

I just think that different people have different gameplay styles.  Some like the challenge of having great odds against them in impossible (or at least very hard) missions or when they have to use they're mind to get around a problem in a situation in the game.  While some like to cheat so they can get an advantage over things so they can juice all the blood and guts out of the poor civilians and feds or so they can get the fun out of the game in they're own way.  Or maybe its simply because they just CANT get past a certain mission.  It's all up to the mind of the player.

Well that was a little more than i thought i was gonna post first off.  oh well, sorry to yabber on.  

:sneaky::sui:

You're right, it's player discretion.  My point was, the crutch analogy was a little off.  I mean, having floating health and armor is far from realistic as it is.  Don't get me wrong, I was tempted to cheat once.  <Spoiler>

On "Death Row", I was stuck, and Lance kept kicking before I could shred through the seemingly never-ending onslaught of those bastards, so I decided, next time around, I'm gonna spawn a tank and mow those shmucks into putty.  But I ended up saving him with 23 health and we rode off into the sunset.  Thanks for listening to my story.

c*nts. Yeah man cheating is like a crotch. no wait i mean crutch. only why do you think they call cheats, cheats? mabey because its f*cking cheating yourself out of playing the game properly. like cheating on your girlfriend its not right man wait until you have finished with one girlfriend before you shag a new girl man. same way. complete your game then cheat like f*ck to keep the game alive for a few more months. Nuff Said :rah:

When someone starts shelling out $$$ for my games then they can dictate how I will play that game.  Until this happens ie. never,  Ill play the game as I see fit. To each his own. :yingyang:

passwordincorrect

Quote: 'Ok, I've been looking at these forums for a long time now, well I just recently joined though, but I'm sick of reading posts about how it's so bad to cheat..etc, People saying how it's there weakness because they can't beat the game with out them, well I for one use the Armor, Wanted Level, and Health cheat in both of the GTA games. Cheats are like a crutch, now when you break your leg you get a crutches right? So in a way you're cheating your way into healing your leg, right? If Tommy falls off a PCJ, and tumbles around the pavement, I put in the health code, his crutches for healing him. So if it's such a wuss' thing to cheat, the next time you break a leg, arm, ass...or whatever, I hope you feel bad for cheating. Sorry, I needed to get that off my chest.'

Well what are the hospitals for then?Are you saying they shouldn't have them in the game?If you are going to cheat,then you may as well not have the hospitals in the game.

this is ridiculous., and you started this thread because your sick of people complaining about it. well im gonna be a complainer. your a wuss dude,

oh no i fell of my bike and lost 3 health i need to use a code cause i dont know where the health is, i cant beat the game on my own, cops are after me and i dont have enough money for weapons oh no, and i dont know where a pay and spray is i need to get these cops off me cause im scared so ill use the wanted level code

man thats sorry , this game is not hard at all. and yea its personal preference, well its my personal preference that your a wuss and cant play vice city without cheats.

imo cheats are just for fun after you beat the game,

oh btw just in case your curious as to what the dictionary defines you as

Cheat

1 : to deprive of something valuable by the use of deceit or fraud

2 : to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice

3 : to elude or thwart by or as if by outwitting <cheat death>

intransitive senses

1 a : to practice fraud or trickery b : to violate rules dishonestly (as at cards or on an examination)

Cheating is not a crutch.  That's what the health and armor is for.  If you "break your leg" in real life, you don't put in a cheat code to fix it, you let it heal, the same with the game.  If you get hurt, find some health, that's what they're for.  They're a "crutch".

I concur.

I "crutched" my way through GTA3, mainly because the game was pretty hard for me, due to the fact that I was fairly new to playing video games.  I've never been good at them before because I was born with a basketball in my hands and not a video game controller.

Anyway, I really liked the game, but I wasn't very good at it, so I used some of the cheats that helped me to get through the game.

When I beat it.  I went back and beat it again.  and again.  and eventually I got better at it.

Now that I have Vice City, not only am I better at video games, I'm better at GTA in general, and I haven't really wanted or needed to cheat.  I'm 68% done, and boy are some of these side missions BORING!!!!!  I mean, come on!!!  How many friggin' hours does it need to take to drive 100 passengers all over Little Haiti????  My Zebra Cab can only go so fast!!

MortalMichael
Ok, I've been looking at these forums for a long time now, well I just recently joined though, but I'm sick of reading posts about how it's so bad to cheat..etc, People saying how it's there weakness because they can't beat the game with out them, well I for one use the Armor, Wanted Level, and Health cheat in both of the GTA games. Cheats are like a crutch, now when you break your leg you get a crutches right? So in a way you're cheating your way into healing your leg, right? If Tommy falls off a PCJ, and tumbles around the pavement, I put in the health code, his crutches for healing him. So if it's such a wuss' thing to cheat, the next time you break a leg, arm, ass...or whatever, I hope you feel bad for cheating. Sorry, I needed to get that off my chest.

--------------

DMsig.gif

You are so wrong.

It's a personal preference really. I hate to use cheats and strategy guides when playing through any game the first time. I'll do it the second time to find all the crap I missed, but it's fun to beat missions without aid and to figure things out for yourself the first time through. I'll also use cheats when I'm just screwing around and recking havoc on all those innocent pedestrians and law enforcement types, because, well, why the hell wouldn't you? :devil:

you're f*cking d*mnd right

PetsOvernight

I haven't cheated yet - once. I don't like cheating. It's stupid. If you're going to cheat it takes the fun out of it. Now don't get me wrong, if you are just screwing around with a sniper rifle or an assult rifle, sure you can use cheats for police and health if you don't save, but when playing the REAL game you, well, I don't cheat. :O

The only cheats I use are weapons ones for having a bit of a laugh when not on a mission , not for carrying out missions.

I do not agree with using health, money & police cheats, familiarise yourself with hospitals, ammonation (4 armour) & paint & spray etc.

The only one I've used in a mission so far was on about my 16th attempt @ Death Row, I got a tank, it had just become too annoying.

Listen you can go ahead and cheat all you want, as already stated its your preference and don't worry you will still be able to get all of the secret packages and still be able to complete the game to 100%.

Just know that if you are a cheater you hold no respect among those of us who have completed these missions without the use of cheats.  and basicly anything you post on these forums is meaningless and irrelevant.

you are exactly that a CHEATER!!

I use cheats too make my game more fun. not that i cant complete it. im sure i could complete it if wanted to without.but i only use health and armor. but it u use them it doesnt mean that i makes the game realy easy. its like u r saying using a cheat makes us crap but i just like to have fun. i buy the game to mess around not to complete and not play it agen. i complete it and with a few cheats no the major cheats so i will have every thing to have fun with.And if people dont like to use cheats dont if people want to used cheats do. but dont argue about what people shud use them or not and say they are weak beacause they cant b botherd to go and get some health so in a way they us a short cut to save time.

Hahahahaha, dude, take english as a second language. Anyway.. how does just using the health and armor cheat make the game more fun?? I would think all it does is make the game that much easier.. I can see how using the weapon cheat might be "fun", but health and armor?