2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Big arss problems

earldoyle

I am very mad at the quality of the Vice City police cars compared to the GTA3 police cars.  In GTA3 the police cars where the sh*t, I drove them all the time (that is when I wasn't in a cheetah).  In GTA3 I used the Police Cars on a lot of my missions and I used only the Police Car for the Vigialte missions, which was the last thing I did to beat GTA3 100%.

But in Vice City it seems they suck!  They roll when you try taking turns and don't control as good in Vice City.  I sdont understand why they lowered the quality of the Police Cars for this amazing game.

I dont feel it takes to much away from the game, it still is definetly the best game I have ever had the privledge of playing.

Granted I used the Hunter to do my Vigilanty missions I feel that they should still have the Police Car as good as the one in GTA3.

I know I have spelt Vigilanty wrong.  Sorry.

My question to all of you GTA Gamers is the following:  Has anyone else had this issue with the Police Cars?

Thanks for any feedback given. :sly:

PetsOvernight

YES!!! They flip way to easy and blow up too quick. In GTA3 I was about to ram many cars during vigilante, in VC, they blow up to quick and freaking flip all the time! I think they should also be totally WHITE - Like the pre-release screenshots. That's just me... They should look more like Miami cruisers. ;)  :sarcasm:

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............no

why do you say no?  Have you tried taking a sharp turn with the police car?  Have you ever even played GTA3?  I am sorry but I do feel its a big issue.  :/

Also to get into more depth with this question I have an addition to it: Do you guys think that the undercover cop cars are a good addition to Vice City? (I do) Please answer both questions.

they drive normal fast ass cars like cheetahs but they have sirens on the dash.

there is also FBI cars!

Yes they are hard to handle, the do not turn very well. They are still fast. But the cop cars in GTA3 were much better. I  always like to steal a cop car in GTA3 but now "forget about it!" :cool:  :cool:

Exactly my point "Your Dad" its not as fun killing cops to take the cars cuz well.... THEY SUCK!!!

I really dont like the colors of the cops cars, i mean come on green WTF

Also, they do suck much ass compared to the cop cars in GTA3, oh well, ill just use the undercover cheetah's which rock by the way, they are so fast, so manueverable, and pretty strong

The Cosmic Shame
But in Vice City it seems they suck!  They roll when you try taking turns and don't control as good in Vice City.  I sdont understand why they lowered the quality of the Police Cars for this amazing game.

I have noticed that they roll quite a bit more than the cars in 3, but mine always seem to land on their wheels, so it doesn't really bother me.   ;)

The Cosmic Shame
Also to get into more depth with this question I have an addition to it: Do you guys think that the undercover cop cars are a good addition to Vice City? (I do) Please answer both questions.

Definetely!  I won't do vigilante missions with anything else.  At least until I get the Hunter...   :sly:

id ont give a sh*t but the cars in gta3 are better, but the rolling over does put more realism to the game unlike gta3 the cars never rolled over on purpose(not that u want to)

but my opinion doesnt matter  :/

meh :dozing:

The Cosmic Shame

there is also FBI cars!

I haven't tried the FBI Rancher yet, but their version of the Washington is a big pile of crap.  The only thing worse is the regular Washington.

sorry, i guess i shouldnt of just said that right of the bat.........i went and played it tonight, and your right about the turning thing, its a pain in the ass, but i still think they are as fast, and i like the green.  The undercover cop cars are awesome, and so are the fbi ranchers.

yeah, i played and beat gta3, but didnt really pay attention to the cop cars (didnt do vigilante missions or anything).

Exkabewbikadid
I really dont like the colors of the cops cars, i mean come on green WTF

Also, they do suck much ass compared to the cop cars in GTA3, oh well, ill just use the undercover cheetah's which rock by the way, they are so fast, so manueverable, and pretty strong

Yeah, the green wouldn't have been my choice of color.  Oh well, that'll be one of the first mods I make to the pc version, whenever it comes out.

oQywcQM.jpg

sorry, i guess i shouldnt of just said that right of the bat.........i went and played it tonight, and your right about the turning thing, its a pain in the ass, but i still think they are as fast, and i like the green.  The undercover cop cars are awesome, and so are the fbi ranchers.

yeah, i played and beat gta3, but didnt really pay attention to the cop cars (didnt do vigilante missions or anything).

thanks for taking back what you said because there is a problem with the police cars.

It also seems when the cops are driving them they control just fine.  That also bothers me.  They do swurve a little bit but they control better than I control.

id ont give a sh*t but the cars in gta3 are better, but the rolling over does put more realism to the game unlike gta3 the cars never rolled over on purpose(not that u want to)

but my opinion doesnt matter  :/

meh :dozing:

How is this more realistic if its only the cops cars?  DO cop cars flip over easier than other cars in real life?  NO.  Thats what I thought

Ask any cop who dorve the old GM-A Platform Caprices in the 1980s compared to the newer Caprices of the 90s and they will tell you the handling between he two are night and day. The cars back in the 80s really did suck to drive. They sucked more than a Hoover or a MoFo Dirt Devil!

I kind of feel that the cops in Vice are just a liitle to allover you period.+ wanted levels don't go away as quick & a 2 star feels almost as bad as a 3 or 4 star in GTA3. I've ended up trying to avoid run ins with them as much as poss & heading straight 4 a paint & Spray as soon as I get heat. :angry:

I totally agree.  The cops are way to powerful in vice compared to GTA3.  I like to kill them and get 6 stars and kill a lot of army guys to get my cr. rating up.  BUt still they are a little to strong.

I haven't tried the FBI Rancher yet, but their version of the Washington is a big pile of crap.  The only thing worse is the regular Washington.

Strange thing is, according to the R* website, that the Washington is an import from the UK. So why would the FBI be driving UK cars? :D

The FBI Rancher is ok (took me forever to get it :p) but it's nowhere near as worth it as the FBI cars in GTA3.

kieranpercival
Does anyone else see this issue?

yes i do have this problem

but there IS A SOLUTION !

dont use em....theres a load of other cars worth drivin

and eardoyle....u hav posted SIX times during this topic, which some of could have been prevented ......(by editing past posts)

i see this as spam

no offence :pp:pp:pp:p:pp

I think kieran has a good point. Why are you sitting here complaining about the police car in Vice? There are so many other cars to experiment with. So the cop car was good in GTA3. It's not in Vice. So there. Use a different car for once. I drove the police car for the first time when I bought the game, and I thought, "Wow, the handling in this car kinda sucks. It's not as good as the GTA3 version." So, you know what I did? I didn't drive it anymore. Screw it. It's not worth bitchin about.

wonder sucks ass.  I do drive other vehicles I just wanted to get the point across about how much the handling has changed.  If you 12 years olds cant handle it I am sorry I will no longer respond.  Good Day!

I said GOOD DAY!!!!!

The Cosmic Shame

I have noticed that they roll quite a bit more than the cars in 3, but mine always seem to land on their wheels, so it doesn't really bother me.   ;)

Upon further review, the cop cars do, in fact, present a veritable mountain of suck.  The slightest tap will send your ass rolling 5 blocks. :sui: However, I do stand by my previous comment about landing on wheels.  :sigh: