Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,963 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Frank Brown

What's your go-to news source?

El Dildo

I'm glad someone mentioned Al Jazeera.

forgot to mention them, but the past few years I've picked up AJE and Univision America for sourcing almost anything that is non-domestic.

and lately they shine through on domestic issues stronger than domestic sources. PBS and NPR are also putting the old networks to shame.

but Al Jazeera and Univision have surprised me, in a pleasant way of course.

has anyone watched Jorge Ramos on his new show on Fusion TV? they're trying to be a 'Nu Media' destination for young people. their programming is heavily about social issues with a relatively clear Liberal slant including a lot of satire and informal discussion.

Jorge Ramos is a bad ass in case anyone hadn't noticed...

Max

The first thing I do on the internet every morning is check the BBC. I also receive The Economist and I love it. I always buy the Times or the FT if I'm out and about.

Edited by Max.

DeafMetal

I'm glad someone mentioned Al Jazeera.

forgot to mention them, but the past few years I've picked up AJE and Univision America for sourcing almost anything that is non-domestic.

and lately they shine through on domestic issues stronger than domestic sources. PBS and NPR are also putting the old networks to shame.

but Al Jazeera and Univision have surprised me, in a pleasant way of course.

has anyone watched Jorge Ramos on his new show on Fusion TV? they're trying to be a 'Nu Media' destination for young people. their programming is heavily about social issues with a relatively clear Liberal slant including a lot of satire and informal discussion.

Jorge Ramos is a bad ass in case anyone hadn't noticed...

I haven't checked his new show, but I've seen him in Al Punto and in the regular news back in the day. I love him sooo much lol he's so badass. And he's not all that liberal from what I've seen of him, he's just a very, VERY heavy supporter of immigration reform, as it's the #1 issue among Hispanics. I'm not sure about the network or show, though.

I really love his way of interviewing -- no bullsh*t, he gets straight to the point (al punto) and calls bullsh*t out. Did you see the Rahm Emmanuel one? Emmanuel got pissed haha. The dude kept changing the subject, and Ramos kept reminding him "you and Obama promised to do this." By the end he was just like "shut up and let me keep changing the subject."

The guy is also one of the hardest working people in the industry -- he's doing a TON of projects. There's a Daily Show interview with him going over what he's doing, it's pretty neat. He's absolutely, without a doubt my #1 journalist.

Killerdude

Why CTV Edmonton of course.

They seem to have Weather predictions that are not wonky or ridiculous.

Stephan90

I read "Frankfurter Allgemeine" most of the time, best news platform in German imo.

http://www.faz.net

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Phillip De Franco. He is awesome at updating everyone with news.

sivispacem

The first thing I do on the internet every morning is check the BBC. I also receive The Economist and I love it. I always buy the Times or the FT if I'm out and about.

I had an Economist subscription for years. Not even sure why I cancelled it as it was excellent and still is.

El Dildo

I haven't checked his new show, but I've seen him in Al Punto and in the regular news back in the day. I love him sooo much lol he's so badass. And he's not all that liberal from what I've seen of him, he's just a very, VERY heavy supporter of immigration reform, as it's the #1 issue among Hispanics. I'm not sure about the network or show, though.

I really love his way of interviewing -- no bullsh*t, he gets straight to the point (al punto) and calls bullsh*t out. Did you see the Rahm Emmanuel one? Emmanuel got pissed haha. The dude kept changing the subject, and Ramos kept reminding him "you and Obama promised to do this." By the end he was just like "shut up and let me keep changing the subject."

The guy is also one of the hardest working people in the industry -- he's doing a TON of projects. There's a Daily Show interview with him going over what he's doing, it's pretty neat. He's absolutely, without a doubt my #1 journalist.

I couldn't agree more.

well said.

I tried to turn my parents onto Jorge Ramos but my dad just makes fun of his accent :lol:

El Zilcho

BBC News and the Independent. I will occasionally browse the Guardian and the Telegraph also, with the Economist another good source.

ivpanzer

GODgle :lol:

Sim K

I don't really have a favourite news source. I don't like watching news on the telly and I never buy newspapers. I have no need. Plus most media has a bias, imo.

I've liked so many pages that my facebook news feed has turned into my news source. They consist of various centre-left and left leaning news sites, activist/campaign pages and blogs.

If I had to go to a site first it would be The Guardian I guess.

Mr. Crowley

Drudge report

EphemeralStar

I read the newspaper's offered by people at the sky train stations and at work. Or I rely on people to report things on facebook, because they always do. I don't watch TV either.

theadmiral

I read the www.drudgereport.com because it is very accurate and reflects the political views of mainstream America, and is always without bias. It is also revolutionary web design.

Edited by theadmiral

DMC14

im fairly ignorant when it comes to whats going on in the world unless it affects me. im more interested in history.

Max

I had an Economist subscription for years. Not even sure why I cancelled it as it was excellent and still is.

It may be worth renewing your subscription. Despite the sheer breadth of subjects The Economist covers it tends to do them justice and I have yet to find a more balanced and rationally considered publication from an ostensibly British point of view.

MrSarif

The BBC. Not only is it a quality outlet, the layout of the site is better than any other.

BrownBear

Al Jazeera or RT if I'm watching on TV, The Guardian or The İ if it's a news paper.

Edited by brownbear

sivispacem

You watch RT? What for, the sake of irony?

Not sure I would be listening to a news outlet who claimed that Iran had a progressive attitude to homosexuality when the bodies of three men executed for being gay swing from a construction crane behind the reporter.

Loch Dawg

Reuters for world news and ABC for national news, I used to subscribe to a few more but found they were just clogging up my Feedly dash with sh*t sensationalist articles.

MarshalMoo

TheBlaze. It's a misleading name. No pot smokers there, just journalists seeking the other side of the story.

theadmiral

Not sure I would be listening to a news outlet who claimed that Iran had a progressive attitude to homosexuality when the bodies of three men executed for being gay swing from a construction crane behind the reporter.

You are right, it is rather ironic. But if you put it into the context of the hardline Islamic world, Iran is the most progressive in terms of women's rights and gay rights. Still an appalling record, but i'd rather be a woman or an open homosexual in Iran than in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Yemen, or Afghanistan.

I guess it is all relative. All news outlets are biased and misleading.

sivispacem

It's a bit sticky to compare Iran to three nations at least partially run by Sunni extremist movements, a failed state and a Wahabi/Salafist state. Compared to the majority of North Africa and the Middle East they're far from progressive in their attitudes to sexuality and gender politics.

Mr. House

You are right, it is rather ironic. But if you put it into the context of the hardline Islamic world, Iran is the most progressive in terms of women's rights and gay rights. Still an appalling record, but i'd rather be a woman or an open homosexual in Iran than in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Yemen, or Afghanistan.

I guess it is all relative. All news outlets are biased and misleading.

Right, but I'd rather have my testicles sautéd than flambéd

Edited by Nale Dixon